Mr. Handyman of N Monmouth and E Middlesex Counties

Founded 2008 • With Angi since January 2009

Busy schedules make both major and minor home repairs hard to get to. Now your growing "To Do" list looks overwhelming and unmanageable. One call to Mr. Handyman solves all your home repair headaches....

A Service Provider's profile image

+4 more images

4.3

handyman (165)door installation (21)drywall (18)woodworking (11)gutter repair (11)deck cleaning (10)siding companies (10)plumbers (10)general contractors (9)cabinet refacing (7)roofing (7)window replacement (6)

12/02/2020

Jack A.

Great! On time, reinstalled in less than an hour. Professionally done.

Description of Work
reinstall bannister that had pulled from staircase wall

Category woodworking, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 11/18/2020

Thank you for the 5 STAR rating!

10/23/2020

Chris M.

Prompt reply to request, sent pictures, got email of T&C's etc. After I was ghosted by someone else I went back to Steve who got someone out the same day to check and measure up. Metal was sized and made up the next day, allowing the guy to come back and install. Also put back the intact piece that came off and replaced part of the vinyl siding which had a hole (I had a spare panel for him to use. He also checked round the whole house to make sure everything was firmly fixed. Very good service.

Description of Work
Garage Facia came off in storm

Category siding, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 10/22/2020

So happy we were able to service your home after another company left you disappointed!

08/14/2020

jack M.

Easy to work with and very responsive.

Description of Work
Roofing siding

Category roofing, siding, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 08/07/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a great review!

07/17/2020

Great. Very professional and went above and beyond with project.

Description of Work
recaulking shower stall and shower drain

Category ceramic tile

Work Completed On 07/16/2020

Thanks for the 5 STAR review!

02/11/2020

Fred S.

They were great. The work was done quickly and professionally

Description of Work
Replace a kitchen faucet hose, re caulk commode and fix mirrored closet doors

Category glass repair, handyman service, plumbing, doors

Work Completed On 02/05/2020

Thank you for the great review. We look forward to helping with all of your home maintenance needs.

11/24/2019

David A.

Tony Lc painting and handyman work did and awesome job I would hire him again and again

Description of Work
Painting two rooms and a fireplace trim

Category handyman service, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/24/2019

09/23/2019

Joseph L.

The technician Dave, was friendly and knowledgeable and did a excellent job. However, the company charges by the hour and the final cost can really add up! The initial consultation/estimate consisted of me sending them pictures and detailing what I need done. The owner Steve estimated that the job would take around 6 to 7 hours and the cost would roughly be around $688 to $792. In the end, the job was spread out over three days. 1st day was around 3 hours, 2nd day was around 8 hours and 3rd day was around 5 hours. The only extra thing I ask the technician to do was to paint the exterior trim which should have added an additional hour to the work. In the end, I paid over $1,700 almost triple of what was initially quoted. Unless you like to needlessly overpay, look for a good handyman that can give you an honest flat rate. Don't hire someone that charges by the hour!

Description of Work
Repaired Exterior Trim, Re-Caulk Windows and Repair Loose Soffit

Work Completed On 09/16/2019

09/23/2019

Joseph L.

Overall workmanship was good. However, in my opinion the handyman deliberately took his sweet time to finish the job and also charged me if he had to go to Home Depot or Lowes to get supplies. Since, they charge by the hour the final bill can really add up. I paid close to $3,000 for a job that should have cost around $1,500 to $2,000. I prefer the old school way where you find a good contractor that gives you an honest estimate at the start of the job.

Description of Work
Replace and paint exterior decorative moldings and caulking around windows.

Category handyman service, replacement windows

Work Completed On 12/22/2020

Sorry you felt that the tech did not work expeditiously. We do work carefully as we guarantee the work we do 100%. We try to be as transparent as possible and disclose in the appointment confirmation that the customer is welcomed to provide their own materials, and if we need to provide the materials, the tech will be on the clock if they need to assess the material needs and then needs to go shopping.

09/20/2019

Todd C.

Technician was on time and professional. Work was completed in a reasonable time. Good communication during entire process.

Description of Work
caulking, deck maintenance, plumbing

Category gutter repair, handyman service, plumbing, deck cleaning

Work Completed On 09/12/2019

05/23/2019

Allan S.

completed in under one hour so additional charges were not incurred

Description of Work
shower bar installation

Work Completed On 05/11/2019

10/29/2018

robert B.

all work was excellent and every thing looks great and done in a professional manner that is second to none. John k my technician was a pleasure to work with and a true professional in everyway. I could not have asked for a better repair and will use Mr. Handyman for all my home repairs and home improvements .

Description of Work
Gutter removed and rotted fascia board replaced on one side of the house and a new gutter installed on the other side of the house

Category gutter repair, handyman service

Work Completed On 10/29/2018

Thank you for the great review! We are so glad you had such a great experience with our tech, John.

09/11/2018

Kristina L.

I found Mr. Handyman on Angie’s List and have seen the truck in my area. I spoke with the owner, Steve, who was more than happy to answer any questions, give me straight forward prices, and schedule a time for the gutter cleaning service. The technician, Craig, was very friendly and knowledgeable while explaining the process. He cleaned all gutters and tested them to ensure proper water flow. I was very impressed with my service and will use this Mr. Handyman again!

Description of Work
Gutter Cleaning

Category gutter cleaning, handyman service

Work Completed On 08/13/2018

We are so glad you had a great experience with Craig and we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review!

08/23/2018

Faika A.

Excellent - the owner Stephen is very accommodating, work w/ me to get the right person for the job the worker Greg is great couldn't ask for a better person

Description of Work
Paint 2 sliding door and install bathroom acessories

Work Completed On 08/15/2018

Thank you for the review! We work in your area all the time and look for to being able to service your home again.

07/31/2018

Faika A.

Excellent Bob was great. everything went very well

Description of Work
Hang a Bathroom Mirror & install Bathroom accessories

Cost $187.5

Work Completed On 07/30/2018

Thank you for the review of our "A" quality Responsiveness, Punctuality, and Professionalism!

07/29/2018

Richard M.

Steve emailed and phoned me 1st thing in the morning. We discussed the job and was not really a service they offered. I am very impressed with his professionalism and communication. I will try him again!

Description of Work
Trim Bushes

Category handyman service, lawn service

Work Completed On 07/17/2018

Thank you for taking time to leave a review, even though we were not a perfect match for that project.

06/07/2018

Jeff H.

Excellent! Excellent! Excellent! Steve 's (the owner) responsiveness and professionalism was great and extremely appreciated. He's also a nice guy and very personable! What made the experience even better was the fantastic tech, Robert, that they sent over to do the work. Again, a super nice guy, promt and very professional. He treated my "small" job like it was a big job, and he had friendly and professional demeanor to boot. Robert did a quality job , and when I added a last minute request to fix my front storm door, he was more than happy to do it. The price was more than fair, the work was steller and I couldn't recommend these guys more! A++++++++ I wish there were more contractors like Mr. Handyman.

Description of Work
Replaced dry rot window frame and fixed storm door

Category contractors, handyman service

Work Completed On 06/07/2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave this great review. It demonstrates all that Mr. Handyman is about!

05/01/2018

Joanne V.

They committed to the job and kept pushing me off. Promised to rerun call on Friday and did not. I went out and bought the attic fan to be installed and they did not complete the job

Description of Work
An attic fan installation

Work Completed On 04/27/2018

We will have to accept this F review from the customer. We originally went out to the job on the Thursday before the Monday appointment, at which time we realized that the roof was too steep and too high to be safely addressed by our tech. The tech mentioned he would need another person to possibly be able to do the job safely. Before the scheduled appointment the Ms called to inquire about if we were still coming out on Monday afternoon. There must have been some miscommunication when the owner said he would see if he could make it work. Later that day, a Mr called and insisted that we do the work, even though we said we would be unable to because we did not have the possibility of getting out a 2nd person to be able to do it safely. We didn't do the work because it was not safe. We will never put our techs in harms way. We recommended that they find a different company that had the necessary safety equipment to complete the work.

04/08/2018

Linda S.

Ed did a fantastic job and I was amazed at how quickly he got it all done! I had been given a weathervane as a gift and needed to have it mounted on the roof of my outdoor shed. Ed assembled it, explained how he'd need to mount it based on how it was made, and used his compass to make sure that N was actually pointing to true north (something I might not have even thought of). To make sure the roof wouldn't leak from the holes he had to drill, he added some silicon caulk around the mounting. He also fixed a tread on the steps leading up to my deck as well as another minor repair in the house - less than an hour in total. Also, the people in the office are very professional and know what they're doing when you call, and they always get back to you quickly if there's a need to follow up. I have used Mr. Handyman before and I am very sure I will be calling again!

Description of Work
Mounting a weathervane on a shed plus two smaller repairs

Work Completed On 03/30/2018

Review for Mr. Handyman of N Monmouth and E Middlesex Counties - -, Matawan, NJ - 36963668

Thank you for the great review!

03/13/2018

Ronald L.

The owner responded quickly to my email request for service via Angie's list, and also by telephone. Communication was professional and courteous. We agreed on the scope of work and the pricing. The person assigned to the job was prompt, skilled, courteous and efficient. Throughout, I was confident that care would be taken to complete the job to my satisfaction.

Description of Work
Repair and replace cedar shake damage and repair replace a small portion of roofing shingles

Category siding

Work Completed On 03/10/2018

So glad you appreciate our commitment to customer service.!

12/08/2017

Eli P.

Perfectly. Edward C notified me he was on his way. Came on time. Did the work in a professional and polite way within the time promised. I wish everyone had his work ethic. I highly recommend.

Description of Work
Repair Garage Door

Work Completed On 12/08/2017

Thank you. Ed takes great pride in his work.

11/06/2017

VANESSA C.

It went very well. All jobs completed to satisfaction, except the light fixture which was faulty and therefore couldn’t be fixed. The guys bring a wealth of knowledge and experience with them and are good with coming up with solutions to issues presented. Really the only downside to the service is the hourly cost. If the pricing was by project it would be perfect.

Description of Work
I used the Handyman services on two separate occasions. Both times Stephen was the primary. He was punctual, helpful, courteous and hardworking. He hung brackets for curtains, cabinet for storage, he hung racks in the garage, fixed a cabinet handle, changed out two faucets in the master bath, fixed cracked tile, disassembled, moved and reassembled a game table (with the help of another handyman whose name, unfortunately I forget, but who was also wonderful) and tried to fix a faulty ceiling fan light fixture (but the replacement product was also faulty).

Work Completed On 11/06/2017

Thank you for the good review.

10/19/2017

greg O.

He was on time, efficient, clean and completed the installation without any problems.

Description of Work
George installed double screen doors on our French doors.

Category handyman service, doors

Work Completed On 10/19/2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review! We look forward to being able to service your home again.

09/08/2017

MARIA C.

The service was provided as agreed. However, I felt that the time to paint the bathroom and replace the accessories was too long and the price was too high (over $600 in total).

Description of Work
Paint half bath and replace toilet paper and towel rack. Additional few small things that took less than 30 minutes in total.