House Rx LLC

Founded 2003 • With Angi since December 2010

We specialize in all interior and exterior remodeling work with concentration on installation of quality custom bathrooms and kitchens. Angies List Super Service Award winning in 2011 through 2014....

+31 more images

home remodeling (69)tile installation (17)interior painting (16)woodworking (14)flooring (12)countertop installation (11)door installation (9)plumbers (9)drywall (9)lighting (8)electrician (8)marble & granite (6)

01/21/2022

Theresa O.

I love my bathroom! I was extremely pleased with the job. My, over 30 year old, bathroom looks beautiful, new, and fresh. His price was fair and fell into into the range I expected after doing research. Alex, (the contractor and owner), showed up consistently, worked consistently, and finished the job in a timely manner. He was also respectful and cleaned up his work area everyday.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodeled. This included replacing tile, vanity, toilet, mirrors, med cabinet, paint, and light fixtures

Category bathtub refinishing, remodeling

Work Completed On 01/20/2022

Thank you very much [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure to work with you and [Member Name Removed]. I’m happy with the results! Alex

08/01/2021

Bob L.

This is our second time contracting with Alex on a bathroom project, this time it was our primary bathroom and once again he did an excellent job exceeding our expectations. He is very good at working with a homeowner to understand their requirements and brings his knowledge and years of experience to deliver the results. Our first floor bathroom conversion, from 1/2 to full bath, that Alex did 4 years ago remains a reminder of the great and lasting workmanship he puts into each job. You won’t be disappointed……we are looking for the next home project and will not hesitate to contract that project with Alex.

Description of Work
Primary Bathroom - update

Work Completed On 08/01/2021

Review for House Rx LLC - 111 Carlton Ave, Marlton, NJ - 39424562

08/03/2020

L F.

We are so pleased with Alex's timeliness, pricing, and work quality. He was consistent and honest; we felt we could trust him. He completed a job in early 2020 for us on time and it turned out great. Knocked out a load bearing wall, put in new lighting systems, moved a door location, laid wood flooring in new open spaces, etc. His pricing and work quality were so great, we asked him back for a second project when he had an opening in his work schedule again. Gutted and redid our deck in our backyard and extended the size of the deck. Also replaced sliding glass doors and installed a brand new door. A great, high quality job the second time around, too. Alex/HouseRX LLC will be on our list for all future jobs moving forward.

Description of Work
Two jobs: Indoor remodeling, then an external deck

Category decks, drywall, hardwood floor, lighting, remodeling, replacement windows, home builders, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

06/09/2019

Christina F.

We couldn't be more pleased with the job that Alex and his team did on our front porch and bathroom. We powerwashed the porch and noticed lots of holes in the deck. The previous owner installed the porch themselves using the wrong type of wood and the porch now needed a lot of work. From start to finish, Alex was professional, communicating each step along the way. The work was done in two days. The finished product is awesome! We were excited for him to come back and update our bathroom. Again, the work was well done.

Description of Work
Repaired/replaced front porch and master bath

Category decks, home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/02/2019

Review for House Rx LLC - 111 Carlton Ave, Marlton, NJ - 38046459

Thank you guys. So glad you are happy with everything. Looking forward to work with you on your master bathroom!

03/29/2019

Edward L.

Alex was recommended to me by family friends that had him do a bathroom remodel. I needed a complete remodel of my kitchen and flooring throughout the kitchen, living room and a short hallway. He responded to my initial call within hours and was able to get out to look at the job the next day. His quote for the job was very reasonable and only strayed from that amount due to changes I requested. The work was done quickly and professionally. Everything was cleaned and in order when I got home at the end of the day. Within about 4 weeks, Alex and his team had torn out the old kitchen and had me up and running. Part of that wait was due to the winter storm we had that knocked out the truck delivering my new cabinets, so it likely would have been done in 3 weeks if not for that. I was so happy with the work, that we rolled right into a remodel of the guest bathroom, which also looks fantastic. All in all, I'd highly recommend Alex for anyone looking to do renovations.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/29/2019

Review for House Rx LLC - 111 Carlton Ave, Marlton, NJ - 37790328

Thank you very much for a terrific review. It was our pleasure to work with you and recreate your living space. I love the look of your new kitchen and bath and we are proud of the work we did.

10/14/2018

Kyle H.

House RX was great! Alex (Oleg) was responsive and helpful throughout the entire job. He stuck to the budget and made great suggestions throughout the process but did not try to push his opinions on us. He valued what we wanted and continuously kept in contact, making sure what he did was what we asked for. He saw the job all the way through, checking in constantly and following up several times once it was finished. The crew was meticulous and professional.

Description of Work
Master Bathroom Remodel

Work Completed On 07/10/2018

Review for House Rx LLC - 111 Carlton Ave, Marlton, NJ - 37472388

08/30/2018

John C.

I used House Rx to replace my old deck with Zuri composite decking. The job included removed the old, pressure treated wood, installing the new material, and adding deck lighting. A new step was also built around the perimeter of the deck. I have used House Rx for a variety of large projects at my home and they never disappoint. Alex and his crew are professional, meticulous, and detail-oriented. Some of the boards for the new decking were warped and challenging to handle, but Alex did not take any shortcuts and took the extra time need to ensure everything was straight and level. All work was completed within the agreed upon timeframe, and at the end of each day their work area was cleaned and organized. House Rx does outstanding work and I will continue to use them for future remolding projects.

Description of Work
Replace current deck

Category decks

Work Completed On 07/20/2018

Review for House Rx LLC - 111 Carlton Ave, Marlton, NJ - 37363160

08/28/2018

Mark H.

Well worth the wait. Alex is a busy man because he does great work. He told us up front we would have to wait about three months. However, once he started, he was fully committed to the job and it was worth waiting. The quality of the work was excellent and he works with you throughout the project on any changes or additions you want to complete. Would definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Refinish Bathroom

Work Completed On 08/28/2018

06/28/2018

David P.

The work was done on time and on budget. Alex did a great job, and our kitchen looks terrific.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

Work Completed On 05/28/2018

Thank you [Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed]. You were a pleasure to work with.

04/10/2018

Roby M.

Alex and his team did an excellent job with our kitchen remodel. Work included removing old cabinets, installing new cabinets, some electrical and plumbing work including an exhaust hood that ran to the outside. Alex works on your house with a sense of pride as if it’s his own. He pays attention to detail and he is efficient, wasting little time when working. He is excellent at troubleshooting on the fly and never brings up a problem without a suggested solution along with it. Alex was very flexible with us- we had a tight schedule to hit with a baby on the way and he went out of his was to make time in between another job to finish ours on time. I really look forward to working with Alex again and I would not hesitate to recommend him to any one of my friends or family. Although there are so many contractors out there, it is sometimes difficult to find straight shooting, hard working, honest contractors these days and Alex is all of those things and the results of his work are even more commendable.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Work Completed On 04/10/2018

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for the stellar review. It was my pleasure to work with you and your wife. Its rewarding to know that our hard work and quality is appreciated and recognized. Congratulations on your new arrival and hope to work with you again in the future. Alex

01/13/2018

Bob L.

This was our second project with Alex.......and once again, the work that was completed exceeded our expectations and reinforced that Alex is the real deal. He transformed our bathroom, the new tub and tile, tied with other cosmetic upgrades completed, WOW. Looking forward to our next project with Alex..........Spring 2018

Description of Work
Replaced contractor grade fiberglass formed tub and shower in our full bath.

Work Completed On 12/21/2017

Thank you [Member Name Removed] and Pam. It was a real pleasure working on your projects. Looking forward to do it again in the future.

01/12/2018

Bob L.

It is always stressful trying to find a contractor that is truly skilled at their trade and is really passionate about doing a great job for their customer. Alex exceeded our expectations in every category. He is talented, creative, knowledgeable, organized and a very good communicator. Job was done ahead of schedule and on budget, he takes great pride in his work. No more stress for me, I found my contractor. Thanks Alex

Description of Work
Upgraded our first floor half-bath to an absolutely amazing full bath.

Work Completed On 11/23/2017

08/01/2017

Kevin B.

Alex did a nice job changing out our sink base cabinet and installing a new farmhouse sink and faucet. He also did an excellent job installing our new subway tile backsplash, everything looks great!

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

Work Completed On 05/30/2017

07/12/2017

Katie S.

Alex was fair and honest in his quoting and overall pricing, he was also super prompt, and did an excellent job building a coat closet where one did not previously exist, he also repaired/replaced a door frame in our home. I would highly recommend him for any job. We’re hoping to have him do a few larger jobs in our home in the near future.

Description of Work
built a new closet (did not exist prior) replaced door frame

Category contractors, drywall, remodeling, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 07/12/2017

07/04/2017

Jessy M.

We contacted House Rx for a kitchen renovation estimate. Alex was extremely responsive, prompt, professional, and honest. He also spent a lot of time with us answering our questions. I would recommend their services without reservation.

Description of Work
Kitchen renovation

Work Completed On 07/04/2017

05/18/2017

Yvonne M.

Both rooms were completely gutted and brought up to date. Bathroom work was completed in one week due to the fact that it is our only full bath.( greatly appreciated) Kitchen looks beautiful. Alec took care to keep costs on budget and helped me make many of the design decisions. Alec also redesigned the mantle in my family room after covering a paneled wall. He is a very creative designer.

Description of Work
Bathroom, powder room, and kitchen remodel Painting adjacent family room and remodeling fireplace mantle.

Category electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/01/2017

Review for House Rx LLC - 111 Carlton Ave, Marlton, NJ - 35072405

05/17/2017

Meredith O.

The craftsmanship is gorgeous, and Alex kept me informed every step of the way, so there were no surprises. He and his team were professional, clean and tidy and I've already asked him back to renovate my master bath

Description of Work
House Rx completely renovated my kitchen and bathroom and I'm thrilled!

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/25/2017

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. Looking forward to returning!

01/10/2017

Jerry B.

My home is approaching 200 years old, so nothing is square or level. Despite these challenges House RX did an excellent job, responded well and quickly to any issues that arose and went above and beyond to make sure the job turned out right. Would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Complete bathroom remodel including tile flooring and wainscot all new plumbing and electrical, all new fixtures, drywall and painting.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/01/2013

12/05/2016

Scott G.

Alex was great. Very professional and just a "good guy". Would recommend to anyone and I'd definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Needed my shower drain removed and repaired. Also, a leak into my kitchen ceiling needed to be repaired.

Work Completed On 11/23/2016

09/20/2016

Paris R.

Alex was professional and knowledgeable in all aspects of his job. We went shopping together for some materials and sometimes while he wasn't on the clock he would email or text me pictures of things I might like for my remodel. Which I greatly appreciated. It showed that he was dedicated to my projects. He also takes pride in his work (it's shows in the details). I would not hesitate to use Houserx for my future remodeling projects. Thanks again Alex!

Description of Work
Alex completed several projects in my home. My spare bedroom was turned into a beautiful laundry room with all the bells and whistles. (Custom shelving over washer&dryer, deep soaking sink, cabinets with counter space and flooring). My hall bathroom was remodeled from the bare bones. It also came out just as beautiful from the tile in the shower including a niche to the granite vanity and tile flooring. By far my favorite space he remodeled had to be my master bedroom and bathroom. I'll start with my bedroom painted, carpeted, new baseboards, installed new sconces and blinds. Onto my bathroom, it was also another gut job. First he took some footage from my closet so I could have enough room to accommodate a separate soaking tub and shower. The craftsmen and detail to my shower and tub areas are just marvelous the tile and boarder we picked out are perfect. A glass shower door and surround was install, vanity, toilet, mirrored farm closet door with stainless steel tracking and tile flooring. I love my new spaces!

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 04/04/2016

01/18/2016

Martin S.

Alex (Owner and operator of House Rx) completed a two bathroom make over on time and on budget. He was involved in every stage of the project and added great value in the design of both bathrooms. He went out of his way to make sure the right features and material were sourced at competitive prices. House Rx has a laser focus on details, they want the job done perfectly and that is what they achieved here. Alex and is crew respected my home during construction, and took the time to discuss specific stages of the project when appropriate. When we started our project, we had about 80% of the vision of what we wanted, and Alex was instrumental in directing us through the final stages of design to come up with a finished project that we couldn't be anymore happy with. Alex has been available after completion and full payment of the project to answer additional questions and make minor adjustments. He values his customers relationships and has demonstrated multiple times the pride he takes in his work, and the importance of his customers being 100% satisfied. I would encourage anyone considering a home remodeling project to have a discussion with House Rx.

Description of Work
House Rx completed a complete make over of a master bath and one full bathroom.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 11/04/2015

Thank you [Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure to work on these projects with you and Im extremely happy with the final look of both bathrooms. I have to say they are definitely in my top 10!

10/23/2015

David M.

Knowing the extent of the repairs we needed -- massive -- we hesitated a long time before signing up with a contractor, and we looked at offers from several contractors before settling on Alex and House Rx. We were struck by Alex's forthrightness and his honest answers to our questions regarding the work and costs. This impression was borne out during the negotiation process, when Alex patiently answered each concern as we raised it, even providing us with links to resources about the materials he'd be using to help us decide on design issues. We had created notional diagrams beforehand, which Alex's team recreated in 3D versions. Visits to the House Rx web site clinched the deal -- Alex's pride of craftsmanship shows in the photos of his work on the site. We wanted this kind of attention paid to rebuilding our kitchen. We were after a simple, clean kitchen that had quality workmanship, and the site told us that's what House Rx would deliver. Before the work started, Alex got the jump on the hands-on work by ordering the cabinets early. He kept us in the loop on scheduling, to make sure that he was ready to begin when we were. Demolition was swift; the rebuild has been even more dramatic. Alex and Rick have handled all aspects of the job with courtesy, care, and attention to detail. Over and over, we've relied on Alex's expertise and his design sense -- he hasn't steered us wrong yet, and he's even reigned me in -- tactfully -- on one or two ill-considered ideas. Rick has that rare ability to answer questions on the fly, to explain what he's doing while he's doing it, even during a long work day. And the quality of both their work is outstanding. Alex's subcontractors have arrived on time and made their contributions swiftly, professionally and completely. Of particular note -- Alex's electrical contractor, Tony, was on hand to witness a longstanding issues we've had with the electrical supply to our house. While he was here, he diagnosed it, and provided the information we needed to get the electric company to take action. We called, and the the utility sent someone out right away -- problem solved. Everyone associated with House Rx has demonstrated the ultimate in skill, courtesy, and professionalism. It's been particularly gratifying to see how quickly Alex grasped and incorporated our initial plan, and applied beautiful, practical methods and materials for bringing it to life. He's transformed our kitchen from a cramped, dark, mid-20th century mistake into a room filled with light and space, a room where we'll be glad to prepare meals and spend time. This experience has exceeded every expectation. House Rx is at the top of our list for the next phase of our home renovation.

Description of Work
Complete demolition and reconstruction of the kitchen in a very old house, stripping walls and floor to the studs and floor joists. Installed all new plumbing and electric, insulation, flooring, custom cabinets, counter, backsplash and firewall tiling, painting, lighting. Enlarged windows, replaced door.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, electrician, flooring contractor, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 10/23/2015

08/29/2015

Nadine B.

Alex (House Rx LLC) was honest, fair, and showed expert craftsmanship. We are so pleased with the results! Alex's two workers did the bulk of the work, but Alex was here every day making sure things were going smoothly. His workers showed the same amount of professionalism and devotion to their work that Alex demonstrated (they were also very personable and a pleasure to have around). Alex is also very responsive. There was a glitch in the plan when we encountered a surprise when the old kitchen floor was removed and we discovered that we couldn't proceed with the ceramic tile we had originally chosen. Alex immediately went into action and found us a solution. He met us at the tile store within several hours of discovering the glitch and showed us an alternative which looks amazing. Before hiring Alex, we sought out quite a few estimates from other Angie's List providers. We chose Alex because he provided all of the services that we needed at a very fair price. He also made it clear that he cared about doing the job right (not cutting corners) and he carried the insurances that were important to us (some providers carry liability insurance for their company but don't always insure their workers). It took a little time to coordinate a date for the work (Alex has a busy schedule and I wanted to do the wallpaper removal myself [which ended up taking way longer than I expected]), but once we sorted out all of the details, it didn't take long for Alex and his team to start working. [By the way, my wallpaper removal work left a bit to be desired, but Alex's team made those walls look brand new!] We would absolutely hire House Rx again and happily recommend to our friends and family.

Description of Work
Prepped walls for paint (after I did my own wallpaper removal) in kitchen and master bath; Removed vinyl flooring in kitchen and two bathrooms and replaced with grouted vinyl tile in kitchen and ceramic tile in two bathrooms; Replaced several light fixtures.

Category ceramic tile, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters