DEV ENGINEERING

Founded 1993 • With Angi since August 2009

Licensed Professional Engineer. Perform Structural analysis, expert reports/ testimony. Sealed drawings to be submitted for permit approvals for additions, basement waterproofing, etc. Licensed #24G100046400. Member of ASHI (American society of Home Inspectors). Licensed Engineer.

Amenities

ask for details
All statements concerning insurance, licenses, and bonds are informational only, and are self-reported. Since insurance, licenses and bonds can expire and can be cancelled, homeowners should always check such information for themselves. To find more licensing information for your state, visit our Find Licensing Requirements page. Contact pro for more details.

Rebecca M.
06/24/2022
Jonathan was on-time, attentive, professional, and efficient. I am very very impressed! I am very happy with the visit- he showed flexiblity, ethusiasm, and intelligence when I asked questions. He went beyond my expectations. The document provided was incredible. It had photos, color diagrams, hyperlinks, and easy-to-find action steps. It was provided to me about a day later- VERY impressive! Absolutely recommend!
Description of Work
Home inspeciton w Radon and Termite
Tracy H.
04/14/2022
I HIGHLY recommend this company. Jonathan was on time and didn't leave one stone unturned. He explained what he was looking at and what needed to be corrected and why. It took about 24 hours to receive the inspection report and I'm looking forward to seeing him again for the re- inspection. If Jonathan says my new home is safe, I'm moving in!
Description of Work
Home inspection
electrician, home inspection
Destiny W.
12/04/2021
Absolutely stunning work. Dean was detailed and walked us through every step of the process. We were impressed by his overall knowledge and the level of detail that was included in the report he provided. 100% someone you want by your side during the home-buying process. Told us to feel comfortable reaching back out to him if we have any questions. Much appreciated!
Description of Work
Home Inspection
Claudy C.
09/27/2021
Jonathan who was supposed to fixed my foundation problem never do the job after I paid him in full. He never pick up his phone. He knows New York's area code, will he would not pick up when I call since last year 2020
Description of Work
Foundation
foundation repair
Toni G.
04/27/2021
Dev was great . He went above and beyond to make sure the home was safe . He wore mask , social distanced during the active part of Covid when many were not working . His report and findings thorough and emailed quickly .
Description of Work
Home inspection
James C.
03/08/2021
Inspection was performed by Professionals who are knowledgeable and experienced
Description of Work
Home inspection and termite inspection
R H.
11/10/2020
Company did not respond to request for q7ote
Description of Work
Septic repair quore
septic tank, architect

I`m sorry for your bad experience but we have no record of you reaching out to us by Angie`s List for a septic repair quote. You can see from all our previous reviews that we provide great customer service.
Joan W.
06/15/2020
Everything went well. Dev and John were great! They were prompt, friendly, and very informative as they performed the inspections. We would definitely recommend Preferred Property Inspections & Engineering to family and friends.
Description of Work
Home, septic, & termite inspections and testing for radon
Category
home inspection, radon testing, septic tank, structural engineer
Kathleen B.
05/26/2020
They were very thorough, informative and professional.
Description of Work
Property Inspection and Termite Inspection
Category
heating & air conditioning/hvac, home inspection, plumbing
jayaprakash G.
05/07/2020
It was done professionally, Inspection and testing of all the building elements (interior +Exterior) was done by the Preferred property personnel without compromising the quality of service.
Description of Work
HOME INSPECTION AND RADON TESTING
Category
home inspection, radon testing, mold removal
Trina H.
10/27/2019
We were very pleased with the experience we had with Preferred Properties. They were very comprehensive and would show us issues they were seeing with the home in which needed to be addressed immediately. They offered advice and took the time to explain different functions of the house. We would definitely use them again and would refer them to our friends and family.
Description of Work
We required a home inspection and radon test.
Judith C.
10/24/2019
Dev did an amazing job inspecting the house i was going to buy.He was very through with the inspection the house had a-lot of issues including mold .Would recommend anyone looking for a good inspector to hire him.
Description of Work
Require house inspection
Category
heating & air conditioning/hvac, home inspection, radon testing, structural engineer, foundation repair
Dexter J.
07/27/2019
Good in the beginning. However, the misunderstanding happened because I contacted preffered properties to get drawings to submit to the county and my contractor to repair the problem. The price was $600. $300 for consultation and $300 for the structural report. The different point of view between me and Amshu from Preffered properties is I was charged an additional $200 for the drawings. In my opinion, I contacted them primarily to obtain drawings and they assumed that I wanted a structural report which initially reported on the incorrect wall. I wouldn't have found that out if not for the disagreement of the additional $200. They could've at least met me in the middle. I do understand that the Engineer's time is worth money but he was only on site for 20 mins and made a mistake by referring to the wrong wall. If you use them just be careful and discuss everything. Get it all in writing.
Description of Work
check basement foundation problem.
structural engineer
Tania L.
07/16/2019
Guys were amazing! Very helpful. Answered all my questions. Very thorough, excellent work ethics. Highly recommend!
Description of Work
Home Inspection
Julianne A.
06/07/2019
Professional, thorough, extremely knowledgeable & responsive. Would never use another company. They have done 3 properties for me so far all of which have given me every last detail of the homes from inside and out.
Description of Work
Inspection
walt H.
04/28/2019
Very thorough and informative. Report was clear and informative.
Description of Work
Home Inspection with structural engineer
Category
electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, home inspection, plumbing, siding, drain pipe, structural engineer, foundation repair
Geoffrey E.
01/28/2019
Tom Mitchell is excellent. He is a machine: he knows everything and misses nothing. His report was like an encyclopedia. Not excessively negative, just very comprehensive. He also manages to do a great job explaining everything to you, while doing his job. And he went above and beyond by making good suggestions about how to deal with problems, and by helping us put together our repairs request. We definitely got our money's worth with him.
Description of Work
pre-purchase house inspection
Geoffrey E.
01/28/2019
Tom Mitchell is excellent. He is thorough knowledgeable, and explains things well.
Description of Work
inspection
Natalie P.
12/28/2018
It went well. Tom Mitchell is very experienced and did a thorough inspection and advised us on any issues he found.
Description of Work
Home inspection
Cindy S.
12/20/2018
The inspection was flawless! The thoroughness and professionalism was beyond compare. The photos and detail of the report we received provided all the information we could need for any part of the property. Every system inspected was explained. Any concerns were pointed out with suggestions for correction. I have been through two previous inspections and this one far exceeds the experience with the other two. The detailed report on inspection was provided the next day.
Description of Work
Home inspection of a property which we are buying
Heba I.
10/24/2018
Very well. Tom is a professional. He was very meticulous. And he took his time to explain what he was doing to keep me informed.
Description of Work
Home inspection for home purchase
Dee H.
09/21/2018
Tom was great! Very thorough, very knowledgeable. Outstanding job.
Description of Work
Home inspection
Sean K.
08/22/2018
Very professional. Very thorough. I have used this company 4 times now and they have been great every time. Great service for the money
Description of Work
Full Home Inspection with termite report
joe P.
08/18/2018
Inspector was on time and very professional. He took his time and walked me through all the aspects of the inspection. When inspecting in the home he wore booties, once again very professional. He was very, outgoing making the process very relaxing for us. Would tell anyone to use this service...
Description of Work
home inspection
Paul G.
06/29/2018
Tom completed a termite inspection while conducting a full home inspection for us, potential buyers. He is very professional and happy to pass along his knowledge to his clients.
Description of Work
Home and Termite inspection

Phone

Services not offered

Electrical, plumbing, HVAC, general contracting, home inspections

Payment options

FAQ

DEV ENGINEERING is currently rated 5 overall out of 5.

DEV ENGINEERING is open:

DEV ENGINEERING accepts the following forms of payment: Check

Ask DEV ENGINEERING for details on free project estimates.

No, DEV ENGINEERING does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Yes, DEV ENGINEERING offers warranties.

DEV ENGINEERING offers the following services: Structural analysis and structural engineering, expert reports/ testimony. Sealed drawings to be submitted for permits. 25 years of experience

Electrical, plumbing, HVAC, general contracting, home inspections

Other Local Pros In Your Area

Paradigm Home Solutions

Offers Coupon

Paradigm Home Solutions

Proudly serving Pennsylvania, New Jersey & Delaware. A 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and the 2020 Super Service Award winner, Paradigm Home Solutions is the company you've been looking for. Paradigm Home Solutions offers Basement Waterproofing, mold removal/remediation, plumbing and water heaters services. If you’re looking for a company who sets itself apart from the rest, one that truly stands behind its word, you’ll want to contact Paradigm Home Solutions. Unlike most companies, you will have the Owners, onsite, working alongside of our Foreman from start to finish. This will give you peace of mind, knowing the job will be done to the highest standards. Our existing plumbing Customers will never have to pay an emergency service fee. In addition, we will always extend additional discounts when our existing customers continue to use Paradigm Home Solutions for additional work. Owned and operated by Andrew Kevitch and Master Plumber, Ross Pressman, Paradigm Home Solutions is a family-run venture that has deep roots in the community. With decades of combined experience in basement waterproofing, plumbing and heating and mold remediation, these industry professionals are eager to demonstrate their outstanding services. 2014 - 2020 Super Service Award Winner Several consecutive Honor Roll months Angie's List "Certified" Contractor

Meenan

Meenan

"For over 75 years, Meenan has been the name that your PA neighbors have trusted for all of their home comfort services (heating oil, air conditioning, and energy audits). From always being there when they need us 24/7 to pricing and payment plans that help them manage their energy costs throughout the year, your neighbors chose Meenan as the local company that provides total home comfort, total peace of mind and great savings on energy costs. Find out why by letting us do the same for you today!

Family owned business with 28 years experience. Reliable, honest, fast service with 24 hour response. Fully trained Service and Installation Technicians. Bob's priority is keeping our customers happy, comfortable and safe. Our Technicians can solve any HVAC issues or concerns; from repair and maintenance services, to Installation of new heating and cooling systems and accessories, including thermostats, whole house humidifiers and dryer vent cleanings. We are Nest Pros, PSEG HVAC Instant Rebate Participating Contractor, Trane Comfort Specialists. All makes and models of HVAC systems can be installed, serviced or maintained. We accept cash, checks, MC, Visa & Discover. Financing available.