Big Timber Tree Service LLC

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly
NJTC # 7683

305 Hopewell Rd

Marlton, NJ 08053

We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

25+ years of quality tree service, members of the BBB, quick, friendly, and professional work, "No tree too tall, no job too small!" We do it all for less, give us a call today for your free estimate! Fully licensed and insured....

tree service (23)

03/19/2021

Peggy M.

Estimate process was quick and easy, we booked immediately for work two weeks later. Team showed up early and finished the removal within two hours and cleaned up afterwards. Would highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
Removed eight trees and stumps

Work Completed On 03/17/2021

Thank you so much for your positive review [Member Name Removed]! We pride ourselves on our customer's satisfaction and we're so glad you were pleased with our services. We appreciate your business! There is no greater compliment than a referral, thank you for that!

02/23/2021

Dana L.

The service was fantastic. They were on time, efficient, friendly, and professional. They took care of my property that's a big deal for me. I would absolutely hire them again if needed and would recommend them to everybody.

Description of Work
Tree removal and trimming.

Work Completed On 12/23/2020

We are so pleased to hear about your positive experience. We pride ourselves in treating everyone's yards as if they were our very own. We can't wait to work with you again and look forward to hearing from those you recommend to us in the future. We appreciate your business! Thank you!

02/18/2021

John L.

Big Timber arrived promptly at the time they said they would and were done much quicker than I thought. Price was very fair. Their team was very professional the entire time they were here. Will definitely be using them again the future!

Description of Work
Tree Removal & Stump Grinding

Work Completed On 01/21/2021

Review for Big Timber Tree Service LLC - 305 Hopewell Rd, Marlton, NJ - 39201276

Thank you for your positive review! We pride ourselves on our customer's satisfaction. We look forward to working with you in the future. Thank you for your business.

02/17/2021

Danielle B.

Excellent!! All works were pleasant, polite, courteous and respectful of property. Big Timber was very thorough to go over all aspects of the job and listened to what we needed. Due to weather the job was postponed and Big Timber was very communicative and went above and beyond to reschedule and be sure the job got done close to original date. Their price was the best after getting several quotes. Seriously, don’t bother getting other quotes, I’ve done it for you, we would use again 100%.

Description of Work
trimming

Work Completed On 02/17/2021

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was a pleasure working with you and we appreciate your business.

10/03/2018

Diane G.

Great job total clean up

Description of Work
Tree taken down and stump removed

Work Completed On 09/26/2018

06/01/2018

Christopher W.

Called Big Timber for a free estimate for a tree removal. Estimator came out within 3 days of the call (other companies were scheduling 2+ weeks out for estimates). Price was fair given the complexity of the job - it was a medium-sized tree, but in a tight spot with not much room around it, hanging over a fence, a pool, pool equipment including a gas line for the pool heater - and no bucket truck or machine access; tree would have to be climbed and all cut parts hand-carried out. Upon scheduling for the job, date was set for less than 2 weeks out. Crew arrived on time as scheduled and worked quickly but carefully to complete the work. All branches dropped with precision in tight space, stump cut as low as possible, clean cut. All trimmings removed and chipped on site; by the time the crew was gone, there was no evidence they were ever there, except of course for the tree stump where a full tree once stood. See time lapse photography at [*** Link removed ***]

Description of Work
Tree Removal

Work Completed On 05/31/2018

Review for Big Timber Tree Service LLC - 305 Hopewell Rd, Marlton, NJ - 37117812

01/15/2018

alanna G.

Great! A team of approximately ten arrived promptly on the scheduled date, and worked on multiple areas of the property simultaneously to get the scope completed within the day. The majority of the non-pine wood was cut to firewood length (but not split) and stacked in a corner or the property at my request.

Description of Work
A total of 25 medium to larger pines and oaks needed to be removed from a property recently purchased, as the trees were dying or dead. Some were along the property line while others had large limbs over the house and driveway.

Work Completed On 11/13/2017

10/02/2017

Glenn J.

Received a competitive estimate and scheduled the work to be done on Saturday. They couldn't give me a time so I waited until 1:30 before calling. I was told that they were stuck at a big job and I was on the schedule for after, but they could still not give me a time. They never showed. It's now Monday morning and I haven't heard from them since.

Description of Work
Needed one tree removed from property, and another trimmed.

Work Completed On 09/30/2017

Paul B.

Work Completed On 02/18/2016

08/01/2016

Miriam C.

Denny and his team gave us the best price of the three bids we solicited and did an excellent job. They worked around fence and power lines that encroached on the work, and quickly adapted their strategy when using a truck near the barn proved unworkable. The work was done quickly and they did an excellent job of cleanup as well. We can now sleep better at night during big storms knowing that those trees are no longer near our valued structures. We will definitely be calling on them again whenever we have tree issues.

Description of Work
We needed 3 very large trees (one of which was dead) removed and the tree stumps ground down, another overhanging our barn removed, and two more overhanging our home trimmed back.

Work Completed On 07/13/2016

04/19/2016

Fred R.

It went great. The trees were systematically cut down from the top easily 50'+ in the air. No damage. Everything cleaned up and a very reasonable price. These folks are pros with all first rate equipment. Glad to recommend them.

Description of Work
Removed oak trees 10" - 14" wide and stumps located in a tight area between house and barn.

Work Completed On 04/18/2016

03/26/2016

Eric R.

It went very well, the fence was unharmed and not a single branch fell onto the neighbor's property.

Description of Work
Removed a double-trunked sweet gum tree that was overhanging the neighbors property and directly against a chain link fence.

Work Completed On 03/24/2016

03/01/2016

Janet V.

Description of Work
Big Timber Tree Service removed some trees for me.

Work Completed On 07/31/2015

02/27/2016

Sharon M.

Very professional they worked all day as this was a huge tree that we were worried would eventually damage the house. From the initial phone call to the completed job, everything was wonderful. We have also used Big Timber at our house several times and they have always been professional and great service which is why we used them for my parents house too. We will continue to use them for our tree trimming and removal as we live in a very wooded area that needs constant tree care.

Description of Work
Cut down huge tree at my parents house as well as removed stump.

Work Completed On 02/27/2016

01/13/2016

Brett W.

One large oak was storm damaged and close to the building. Estimate, promptness and service were all excellent.

Description of Work
Removed six tress.

Work Completed On 01/09/2016

09/14/2015

Eric J.

Work was completed in a timely fashion.

Description of Work
tree removal service

Work Completed On 07/28/2015

Thank you very much [member's name removed]

08/18/2015

grozdanovich R.

Description of Work
Demolish and remove damaged shed, cut up and remove trees. Went well.

Work Completed On 08/01/2015

Thanks [Member name removed]! You were awesome too...I was worried we would have to put you on payroll because you wanted to work with us!!! HaaHaaHaaaa

07/03/2015

Gina R.

Response time was great. Communication was great. Work was done well. Everything was cleaned up and hauled away.

Description of Work
Took down a tree and ground the stump.

Work Completed On 07/03/2015

Thank you [Member name], we were glad to help clean up almost all of Foxwood Drive from the storm

05/26/2015

Jennifer R.

I requested an estimate online through Angie's List and received a call from Denney that day. He was unbelievably quick in responding and came out to see what needed to be done the next day. The maple tree was well over 2 stories above our house with telephone and cable wires running through the tree limbs. We had to remove the tree since it had damaged both our plumbing and roof in previous years which cost us thousands. Denney came out and walked through the entire process and wrote down everything I wanted done. I requested that the stump along with the trailing roots be ground up. Any big wood could be left for firewood which in turn helped to save money. He planned on the work being completed the end of the following week. He called Thursday night and confirmed for Friday. The crew arrived at 8 am Friday morning and the foreman introduced me to the whole crew. They began working right away and did an amazing job. When they reached the stump, the foreman verified what I wanted done and made sure everything was to my liking. I can't recommend them highly enough. They were wonderful in all aspects and were in and out in a matter of a few hours.

Description of Work
Removed a 40 year old maple from the front yard which included wires in between the tree branches.

Work Completed On 05/15/2015

Thank you [Member Name Removed], we aim to please. Working quickly and efficiently paying attention to the customers questions and concerns.

05/07/2015

Patrick M.

Within ~ 1 hour of sending text message via Angie's List describing problem, received a call-back from the office and within 2 hours of Angie's List Text Message, Big Timber's staff arrived to assess the situation and provide a written estimate. A $50 Surcharge for Emergency Service was offered and accepted and within an hour the entire Big Timber Crew arrived. The "tricky" surgical removal and disposal was accomplished without so much as bending a branch on the underlying shrubbery. Another large problematic branch was identified (weakened by carpenter ants) and removed, as well as a small "nuisance branch overhanging neighbors yard. The yard was cleaner than when they arrived.

Description of Work
Emergency Service - large 6 inch x 30 foot branch "cracked/split" overhanging Deck, Special "Purrfect Fence", Landscaping, Gazebo, and BBQ Grill. Needed emergency service to prevent damage.

Work Completed On 05/06/2015

It was a pleasure working with you.

04/27/2015

Anastasia C.

This was an excellent experience from the time I called them for an estimate to completion of the work. When I called to get an estimate, Denney called me back right away and came out the next day. This was one of 4 estimates I got and was the most cost effective. They were also able to remove the mound - all the others said they could only go as far as grinding the stump but Big Tree had the equipment to remove it and level the ground. They showed up on time and stayed all day. I wasn't home when the work was being done but my neighbors were reporting in and said they were impressed by how professional and safety conscious they were. I asked them to have the foreman on the job call me on my cell so I could give him my contact information and last minute instructions. Daryl called me right away and put me at ease that everything was under control. I would not hesitate to use them again and plan to do so. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Big Timber Tree Service removed a dead, 50+ year old maple from my front yard. They also ground the stump and removed the large mound around the tree.

Work Completed On 04/23/2015

It was a pleasure to work with you as well [Member Name Removed].

07/23/2014

Nicole M.

They arrived at 2pm and were done by 5pm. I had a maple tree dropped, they left the branches, etc. for kindling and cut the trunk flush (my husband's desire, I would've had it ground) and cut the trunk pieces into firewood length and stacked it. They pulled that brush back from our swing set and my husband will deal with it (cut up what he wants for kindling). The larger job was trimming the honey locust that sprawls over our yard and our neighbor's yard. They trimmed most of the dead out of it (there were a few pieces too far out on thin branches to take down, but I'm not bothered by those small ones). They took out a few branches overhanging our roof and also two branches that were poking through our neighbor's blue spruce (so that would grow nicer). They cleaned up everything from our yard and our neighbor's yard and ground that in their chipper. Over all I'm very happy with the experience and would hire them in the future.

Description of Work
The estimator came out last week to give us a quote. I let him know we were waiting for a few other quotes and I'd be back to him by Monday. I called him back Friday and he let me know that I'd receive a call a day or two ahead of time and that I would be on the schedule for early this week. It's Wednesday at dinner time and the job is complete!