Toolbox and Son Home Improvements

Founded 2000 • With Angi since January 2012

3.6

8 Stevenson drive

Marlboro, NJ 07746

We are a family business,father and son home improvement company,we strive for perfection and always try to please the customer,we only use licensed professional contractors,we are very neat and clean and have plenty of referrals,we have been in business since 1990.you can check out some of our work on facebook.com/toolbox and son home improvements...

09/19/2021

Iris S.

Excellent Very reliable. Highly recommend Steve and Kyle from Tool Box and Son

Description of Work
Remodeled kitchen

Category ceramic tile, decks, drywall, handyman service, woodworking, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing, doors, basement remodeling

09/03/2014

LINDA C.

The corners of the top rail are completely uneven. The flooring is uneven. The railing is loose. He put holes in my vinyl siding. He left all his pressure treated wood for me to dispose of. He nailed the railing it to my house through my vinyl siding.When I called the provider to get these issues fixed he came without my knowing and tried to bandage the issues. When I called again he cursed at me over the phone numerous times. When I told him I was going to take these issues to a higher authority he said go for it this job was done two months ago. One half of my railing is still nailed into my home and the vinyl is cracked and he covered it with silicone which is now dripping down the siding due to the heat.

Description of Work
The company was supposed to put a deck and railing around the back of my home.

Category decks, woodworking

03/03/2014

Justin H.

Steve and his son did major rennovations to all 3 levels of my home, including construction, plumbing, and electrical. For plumbing and electrical, he hired outside contractors. All work was covered by permits. Not all the work was completed to satisfaction. He made promises that were not kept and, but worst of all, his attitude (when asked to correct mistakes) was deplorable. During one conversation over text message, he even cursed me off for asking him to complete projects he left finished to "his standard," but not to mine.

Description of Work
General contractor - kitchen and bath

Category handyman service

11/11/2013

Rajesh T.

I hired Steve initially to replace my Bilco basement door but found that he was a lot more than just a door installer when he pointed out several flaws in my finished basement so I hired him as my basement building contractor to ensure that the basement is redone with all permits and correct all issues. Steve took the challenge and did an excellent job of not only coordinating everything smoothly but did everything perfectly. He is highly ethical and takes a pride in doing his job perfectly. He works with his son. Thanks to Steve that now I have my basement with all permits and certificates and completely with code that I can have a real peace of mind. The basement looks much more beautiful than it was previously and Steve worked in my Budget. Apart from basement, Steve fixed my rotten bay windows that now look beautiful and created lot of shelving in my basement for storage, and many other small but necessary items. He will be my home improvement contractor for other future projects.

Description of Work
Initially hired to just install the Bilco door but kept him for a long list of work as follows: 1. Remove and replace basement bilco door with ultra series bilco door with extension ($2000). 2. Install retractable screen on basement door ($385). 3. Put moldings on 4 skylights, repair some loose paint, build track to hold a custom screen shade ($575). 4. Install plywood shelves on 22' X 6' wall in the basement for storage ($750). 5. Remove lower portion of rotten wood on 2 large bay windows and install new pressure treated lumber with moldings, paint both windows and columns and pressure wash front of the house ($1550). 6. Correct all building issues related to the basement that was done prior to permits (1400 sq feet) and obtain all permits and certificates ($8700). This included lot of work as follows: a. Coordination with electrical and plumbing contractors and township inspectors for all permits. b. Removal of sheet rock in each electrical bay and around and removal of ceiling tiles for electrician to remove and replace all wiring according to code. c. Install sheet rock, tape and compound and paint the basement thruout, correcting any issues. d. Fix up all moldings and adjust all doors to open close properly. e. Install unfaced insulation for fire stop. f. Install return vent for heating system. g. Install 2 Grills for combustion air. h. Replace all ceiling tiles back after electrical work. i. Correct all issues related to framing and many other things that were pointed out by building inspector. j. install new bathroom exhaust fan with out side vent thru garage and frame it. k. Install new tiles in the basement half bath. l. Install A/V component shelves and few other things.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, handyman service, woodworking, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

10/21/2013

Teresa H.

Steve did an excellent job on all counts. Steve is very reliable and has a strong work ethic. He did all the work that we agreed upon in the amount of time estimated (5 workdays). Because of my work, I could not be home every day and left Steve and his son, Kyle, to work most days unsupervised with no one in the house. Each day I returned home to see a new room beautifully painted, and the walls repaired and restored. Most of the house hadn?t been painted since we purchased the place 25 years ago. It was a challenge for Steve because it turned into more than just painting. He had to fix a lot of rough areas and corners of the walls that had been damaged over the years. As for the painting itself, I couldn?t have asked for more. Steve did the work with patience and an eye for detail. He did not rush. Steve works with his son, Kyle, who is learning from his father. They were so neat. I couldn?t believe that they actually vacuumed the floors when they completed an area, including the stairs! One day I happened to be working from home and at the end of the day, there was Kyle on his hands and knees vacuuming my living room floor with the hose of the vacuum cleaner. As a result, I did not have a mess to clean up after they had finished. They treated my home as if it were their own. Steve is very organized. He kept a worktable set up in my hallway carefully stacked with his brushes, and tools, even work clothes and sneakers. They did not leave anything around the house except for a ladder when they completed working for the day.

Description of Work
I hired Steve Wegweiser to paint most of the rooms in my home: entrance hall, living and dining rooms, stairway and upper hall, 3 bedrooms. This included ceilings too. I also asked him to install an new storm door, repair a wall outlet, and fix two toilets that had been running.

Category handyman service, interior painters

Cabinet Rehab

Call us today for all your cabinetry needs!

McGrath Painting

Sampson Painting LLC

Established in 1983, we are a small, local company providing interior/exterior painting and woodworking services for over 30 years. We offer competitive pricing and customer satisfaction is our number one priority! We proudly service areas within Monmouth County, Ocean County, and Middlesex County, along with a few areas within Burlington County and Mercer County. We offer free estimates, so give us a call today! (The number listed on our profile is our Angie’s List tracking number that routes to our primary office phone number, which is 732-833-9233. If you prefer to text, please text 908-670-2966)

Kitchen remodel,bathrooms,basements,closets,doors and hardware,molding,painting,decks,woodworking,ceiling fans,shower doors,and most home improvement projects.