Corbin Electrical Services Inc

Founded 1978 • With Angi since June 2010

35 Vanderburg Rd

Marlboro, NJ 07746

Corbin Electrical Services is a full service residential and commercial electrical contractor servicing the central New Jersey area for over 35 years. We are licensed and bonded to conduct business in New Jersey, Florida and Delaware and provide free estimates, custom electrical design and installation, as well as repair of your current electrical system. We specialize in providing residents with standby electric power solutions including generator design, installation, and maintenance. Additional Service Area: Warren County. Please ask for details....

06/23/2022

Bernadette C.

Scheduling department was a disaster. I purchased in June 2021, with install date of February 2022. Was finally installed in June 2022. Workers were polite but some were sloppy. Left debris/trash in my mulch and my basement. Total hack job to the side of my house - screw holes, extra large hole with a big wad of putty stuck in it. Shut my solar off and never turned it back on. Still waiting to hear back from the office regarding what they are going to do. They may be good at other services but my experience wasn’t good.

Description of Work
Generator Installation

02/17/2022

Ajay S.

I hired them to install a new kitchen exhaust fan. They wrote an estimate. I accepted the estimate with condition clearly hand written in contract and also in e-mail that they would install solid vent with exhaust fan.On the day of installation, they installed flexible vent claiming that it would pass inspection. Town inspectors insisted on solid vent. These people refused to do that and asked me to pay additional $400 to install solid vent through another installer. Their excuse was that they never agreed to install the solid vent in writing and it was outside of their expertise. They should have clarified that to me as soon as they received contract & e-mail from me in the beginning. Bottom line- don't hire them because they are dishonest and unprofessional.

Description of Work
Kitchen exhaust fan installation

10/07/2021

Enza S.

Corbin electrical Services was the electric contractor chosen by Generac to install a power generatorGuardian 24kW for our 6,000 sqft home, we trusted them to be professional and deliver what they convinced us they would, the excellent service they told us about was not what we received, I suggest you have your trusted electric company not Corbin. A very bad start to show their relationship with new customers. They advertise on the internet to resolve any issues in 24 hours in the best possible way, it did turn out to be not true, our lights are still not working, their techs made excuses why he could not fix it and how he was not told about the other issues, do you really want Corbin electrical contractors ? Very young guys with a quick response that does not and cannot fix the problem created by one of his colleagues, Corbin is a very unprofessional and careless service not what you expected after spending a lot of money, they broke our trust and this is just the beginning, it does not look too promising for future generator issues and positive responses from them.If I knew the nightmare, frustration, unkept promises of their inadequate service, long list of unreturned phone calls and messages requesting them to fix issues created by their unprofessional technicians , basically the people they sent could not resolve or fix the mistakes they caused, excuses after excuses, it is very deceiving what they advertise , I would not be writing this review if they had done the job in a timely matter and how they promised. My dealing with Corbin Electrical services are anything but responsive, 1 month + 1 week into their initial installation and it has not been completed, they only showed up 2 times, we don't know when the job will be completed, do you really want to wait 1 month+ for a generator installation? How about when we will able to use it? we still have lights not working inside our home because who they sent were not able to fix what was done by the previous Corbin Expertise. I suggest you think twice about hiring them, do not believe what they promise , it is not true that they leave your home how they found it, they do not resolve issues created by their electrical expertise. After a long monthly waiting list of 9 months they started the installation the second week in Sept.2021 They sent a very young technician to do the initial plumbing work , drilling into our brick home to install pipes for the gas line. This very young professional assured me that all the holes he made into the walls of my house would be all sealed in a way that I would not notice and they would be done by professionals , he did not have the right material to patch up the holes but the second crew would, he also assure me that he would clean up and leave my basement spotless , my photos show the contrary, My first concern were the open holes in my home for days because we have many chipmunks , squirrels on our trees and possibility of field mouses getting into our basement, since we have a big yard full I of oaks and pines home to many critters, winter is approaching and these animals are looking for a warm place . 1 week later 2 very young electricians come to install a monstrous size Generac on the worst possible place suggested by their salesperson, of course too late now to change it, the rude sales rep. told me it would take longer and do I really want to wait 9 more Months? So after calling their customer service department to find out after many prompts it does not exist, my next step is to get in touch with the Better Business Bureau so the holes in my home are properly sealed by professionals, matching color and cement, clean ups after their presence and the lights inside my house are restored as they were before Corbin presence and touching the electric panels. No in my opinion I do not recommend their service.

Description of Work
Generac home generator 24kW installation

07/16/2020

Rajkumar S.

It went Great!

Description of Work
Fixed generator

Category ceiling fans

06/17/2020

Frank I.

Always, prompt , courteous and very professional.

Description of Work
Corbin did the installation of our 20kW Generac generation a few years ago. In addition, we have have yearly service contract for generator as well. Their service is always performed on the scheduled date. The service is very thorough and a generator test is always performed. A detailed service report is sent via email describing the service performed.

03/15/2020

Thomas R.

could not have been better. Everyone was friendly and professional

Description of Work
installed whole house generator

04/25/2018

John E.

Overall it went well. Communication was solid. Responsiveness was great and atypical versus other vendors that we've used in the past. Any issues were quickly resolved with an attention to details and accuracy. We would definitely hire Corbin again for any electrical work in our home.

Description of Work
Install generator and update power panel.

01/17/2018

Eva and Paul H.

They do an excellent job! I will definitely recommend them and absolutely use them, again.

Description of Work
Serviced Our A/C and Heating Unit

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

08/24/2017

V. Robert C.

I just had quite an adventure with electrical. I'm not particular displeased with these folk. The first man came here and he misdiagnosed the problem. The charge was like $480.00, which I paid. The same thing occurred a few hours after the guy left. They came back 2 more times to find out exactly what was wrong. In the original visit they guy put in a part, which was $250.00. I told them I would like a refund on that, and they called me and said yes they will issue that credit to me. They misdiagnosed something, and it was annoying, but they made it right in the end. They did come clean, and make up for it. I still was annoyed with the whole thing. I have no basis to compare their price to anybody. What they did, they did nice and they were neat and everything else. They just fixed the wrong thing originally, and they came back and made it right. When I contacted them they responded quickly. Except they knew I couldn't be in a terribly hurry, because I have a whole house generator. When the power went off, the generator started. I used that for almost 2 weeks on and off. They knew that it wasn't the first shaken thing that they get here tomorrow and pick us out a generator, which they put in for us 4 years ago. They were there on time. They behaved well. The people that came here were polite and seemed to know what they were doing, although they didn't entirely.

01/27/2017

Neil O.

Description of Work
Repaired outside lights that were weather beaten and installed a new power line for a microwave. They also rewired and replaced inside lights.

09/08/2016

Andrew B.

06/28/2016

Michael B.

Overall a very positive experience from scheduling to service. Tech whom came out was very professional and through. Prices were in line with other estimates.

Description of Work
Generator inspection for a house we are in the process of purchasing. Provided estimates for some interior electrical work

Category generator service

06/01/2016

Lynn C.

03/29/2016

Anthony T C.

Description of Work
Borderline A quality work. There were a few things they worked on that I had to re correct.

03/07/2016

Sam H.

Teribble. First they told me they needed a subpanel, then at the next visit they said I need a 100-amp panel. I paid $100 for a 100-amp permit, then the day of the work they change their minds and say they need a 200-amp panel for $400 more. Price just keeps going up every time. No accountability.

Description of Work
Nothing.

10/25/2012

Jack E.

The electrician came on time, worked the dryer area for a little while (reasonable amount of time) and tested that everything was working properly. Throughout, he was very nice and courteous. I was very happy with the job that was done.

Description of Work
Set up electrical outlet for clothes dryer, replacing a hard wire into the wall.

10/20/2012

Amy & James B.

Chris & John came on time. They were in & out. Very nice & clean. Did what they had to do & left.

Description of Work
Put a new outlet in basement to run sump pump.

09/21/2012

Philip P.

Overall, I was very happy with the electrical work performed by Corbin Electric. They are not the lowest cost electrician in town, but they were extremely professional, punctual, and and did a great job. If your looking for a professional, reliable electrician, I highly recommend Corbin. I will be hiring them again for my Generator transfer panel

Description of Work
I had four recessed lights installed in my family room, and 4 additional lights, plus an electrical box for a ceiling fan installed in the living room. Both rooms required cuts in the sheet rock, and new electrical wire to be run. Corbin minimized the number of cutouts in the Sheetrock, and did a nice job of patching and spackling the cutouts. Most importantly, they were very clean. They covered the furniture, swept up, and left the site in the same shape it was in when they arrived .

Category electrician, lighting

09/16/2012

Alan J.

Guys, did great work, on time, clean and I was very happy with the outcome!!

Description of Work
Installed new outlets, dimmers and timers.

09/04/2012

Eric L.

Chris & John, arrived precisely on time. They identified the water leakage, quickly resealed the fixture box and replaced the light bulb. Work done very efficiently and at quoted price.

Description of Work
Replaced large flood light above second floor of rear of the house and resealed the fixture box to eliminate water leakage.

Category electrician, lighting

08/20/2012

Theressa G.

They were very professional. The generator is very well put together and easy to use. They were able to explain everything to me thoroughly.

Description of Work
I bought a generator from them.

08/11/2012

Lula C.

Corbin Electricity was on time and price was reasonable. The workers were great. The office was slow on returning calls.

Description of Work
Replace main circuit breaker panel.

07/18/2012

Dennis L.

Corbin Electric replaced an attic fan. The men came on time, were very professional and polite and did an oustanding job at a fiar price. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Replaced a broken attic fan with a new one.

07/18/2012

Lily M.

The electrician was great. He came on time and quickly finished the job.

Description of Work
I used Corbin for electrical services.

01/26/2012

Brian D.

Very responsive on estimating the cost and what was required in order to install the generator. It was a turnkey operation from start to finish. I thought the price could have been better, but given the demand surge caused by Hurricane Irene, I think it ended up being reasonable. The demand surge also caused a delay in when it was to be installed. They installed the generator on one of the most miserable weather days of the year without much problem. I thought the crew was polite and friendly. They also looked like they knew what they were doing.

Description of Work
Installation of a whole house stand-by natural gas 20kw Generac generator and transfer switch

Category electrician, generator service

Mr. Speedy Electric Service Co.

When you need an electrician to service your home or business, look no further than Mr. Speedy Electric Service, Inc. Since 1983, we've been helping homeowners and business owners in Hightstown, NJ with their electrical needs. With over 60 years of combined experience, we're well-equipped to handle any issue that comes our way. Formerly known as Kaiser Electric, you can rely on us to handle your electrical: Installations Maintenance Repairs We've even available 24/7 for emergency services. Call or click for service today!

Electric Power Inc

Electric Power Inc. located in Old Bride, NJ is a licensed electrical contracting company that has been in business since 1980. We are dedicated to serving the community and the state of NJ. Home and business owners appreciate Electric Power Inc.'s award winning service and rate us 5 out of 5 stars. Superior Quality and consistent results enable us to continue building an unparalleled reputation for excellence. We "over-promise and over-delver" for our clients and this approach has helped us build our reputation as a trust - worthy contractor and has earned us a solid base of repeat clients. Give us a call today to become part of our Family.

BROWN'S HEATING, COOLING, PLUMBING & HOME SERVICES

Brown’s Heating, Cooling, and Plumbing is your go-to resource for expert guidance with anything related to Heating, Cooling or Plumbing! We feel that the more you know about us, the more comfortable and confident you’ll feel having Brown’s on board. It is the mission of Brown’s Heating & Cooling to continue to portray the high values and ethics with which Brownie and Joyce founded this company. We are here to affirm our commitment to our customer – present and future. Each customer is as important as the next, no matter their socio-economic status or personal demeanor. Each employee, whether in the office or in the field, is expected to present themselves with integrity, honesty and friendliness, along with a polite manner toward our customers. We each will appear neat and clean in order to secure the continued confidence and trust of each customer. Going the extra mile and offering that special smile, thank you, or even a good deed for our customers is what sets this company apart from the remainder of the HVAC community. NJ Plumbers Lic 36BI01277900 NJ Master HVAC Lic 9HC00740900 NJ Home Contractors Lic 13VH02217800

Offers by BROWN'S HEATING, COOLING, PLUMBING & HOME SERVICES on Angi

Generator - Installation & Maintenance. Renovation & Remodeling.