Best Horticultural Services

Founded 1983 • With Angi since June 2010

184 Boundary Rd

Marlboro, NJ 07746

Best Horticultural Services has been around since 1983. We are an all inclusive lawn care, tree care, irrigation maintenance company in Monmouth, Middlesex, and Ocean counties. Best Horticultural Services is the leading provider who can, all under one roof, provide turf care, lawn treatment, tree and shrub care, irrigation, yard cleanup, and much more for thousands of homes a season. Located in Marlboro, we’re just minutes away from your front yard. Trust us, we’ve got this down to a science. So call Best Horticultural Services today and get knowledgeable, trained, and courteous service for what you’re probably paying now....

10/02/2018

Mark S.

Call went fine...the lady otp was nice and picked up in a timely manner. BUT...they are booked until 2020! They can not do ANY NEW INSTALLS until the year 2020! That doesn't help me any.

Description of Work
Sprinkler System - New install

Category irrigation systems

05/09/2017

sheila K.

Great, everything looks beautiful.

Description of Work
Spring cleanup of landscaping, trimming, remulching & refreshing stone areas.

07/30/2016

JOHN M.

They come every Thursday and do the fertilizing every 6 weeks. Cost is high, very expensive. They are probably the most expensive in New Jersey.

Description of Work
I used Best Horticultural Services for fertilizing and lawn cutting.

Category lawn treatment

07/30/2016

JOHN M.

Category lawn service

06/24/2016

Greg M.

The job went very well on all aspects. Pete showed up on time (on multiple occasions) to consult and provide an estimate that was very reasonable. Scheduling was smooth, and they were able to start even earlier than originally planned. This was a tough job that posed some technical challenges and Pete and his crew were able to work efficiently to get it done, and did a great job. We're extremely happy with the end result and will definitely be using Best again in the future for other landscaping projects.

Description of Work
Removed very large area of old gravel mulch, stumps, and tree roots. Created mulch planting beds along foundation, graded front yard, added top-soil and seeded.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, pavers, gravel

01/18/2016

Frederick G.

excellent

Description of Work
winterizing gutters

12/09/2015

Linda H.

Very professional and neat installation. Came back to correct one minor problem. Only expect payment when job is complete

Description of Work
Extensive drainage system to divert water fro gutter leaders away from house

Category landscaping, drain pipe

11/07/2015

Adam C.

I call Best Horticulture when I have a big job and I need it done right. Had a pool installed this summer and as a result had severe damage to the lawn. I needed to have the yard graded quickly before the fence was to be installed due to the size of the equipment needed to grade the property. I like using Best because they can complete all the necessary jobs in a short amount of time. I met with Pete on a Monday we discussed the entire job; Top soil and grading, irrigation and sod. Pete called me that evening with a price and I agreed. Within two days his crew started the job. Within a week the entire yard was graded, sod and new irrigation system installed. The yard looks beautiful. I am very happy with the quality and efficiency. I think Best provides high quality work. They are not the cheapest but you definitely get what you pay for....

Description of Work
Repair backyard lawn from pool install damage. Top Soil and Grading, Irrigation system repair and install, Sod Installation

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, mulch

10/27/2015

jeffrey J.

Description of Work
They are amazing |I can't recommend them enough |They did a whole landscaping along with weekly service

Category landscaping, lawn service

10/21/2015

Clement M.

02/02/2015

Gerald C.

We used them for probably 10 years, and we've gotten good service. They're good.

Description of Work
They take care of our lawn. They charge $37.00 a visit, including tax. They also do the fertilizing and the insect killing and all that stuff.

Category pest control, landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment

07/15/2013

Steven C.

Damaged my property,damaged my neighbors property,Dominic(Peters brother)tried to increase price mid-job. Takes advantage when given the opportunity.Charges top dollar and delivers no better service/results than competitors 1/2 his price.I gave this company too many chances to make things right and they failed miserably ,do not make the same mistake i made. In response to Bests comments which were dated Feb 05,2015 the owner Peter Lalima lied and here's why, 1- The "free services and repair of the low voltage lighting ? was to correct the damage Best caused as I was completely dissatisfied (I can assure you that at Bests high prices nothing is free) and I had to have Corbin electric come and do the repair at my expense. 2-Best(Peter) did not terminate the relationship, when I decided not to renew,I withheld the final payment due of $423.75 until Best replanted trees promised and repaired the damage{I witnessed the owner (Peter) of bests employee(nephew-Dominic's son ) rip out my neighbors dog fence while they were working on my driveway renovation ,i was told at the time by the owner(Peter) they would fix it(they never did) ,I actually wanted to cancel the prior year but Stacy(Bests former employee who can attest to the fact), the owners(Peter) brothers (Dominic) girlfriend who worked there asked me to give them another chance. I took her advice and did. Stacy no longer worked at Best at the time of our court appearance.} 3-.The judgement was not a full judgement as indicated by Best(Peter) ,the amount sought was for $673.75 but the judge awarded the $423.75 I withheld.{Best(Peter) tried to attach on $250 in filing fees when the only filing fee they paid to the court was $22,but the judge awarded them zero towards the filing fees}.Best(Peter) offered to settle for $250 prior to trial but I refused not knowing that my neighbor needed to make the claim. 4-The reason the outcome was in Bests favor was that the judge stated that my neighbor would have to seek restitution as it was their property that was damaged even though the work was being done on my property at the time the damage was done. 5-As far as "the economy falling short"{the economy "fell short" in 2007 the beginning of our relationship when I spent the big $ NOT 2012 at the end of our relationship when I became fed up(Stacy, Peters former employee can attest to) with their services as best would want you to believe}, since I terminated my relationship with Best(Peter) I have made many improvements to my home,Including a $30,000 paver patio in my backyard and I now have a new gardener which provides the same if not better annual clean up and other services than Best at a cost of at least 40% less than Best. I also prepaid $489.60 for Bests turf care program for the last contracted season (2011) in order to take advantage of the $36.84 savings offered, as I always try to do when given the opportunity with any of my bills.(someone suffering from a bad economy couldn't do). The ending of this relationship was clearly not about money given the amount spent and the amount owed , its about Best (Peter) taking responsibility for his and his companies actions and provide a level of service I deserved and expected as a loyal and valued customer at the time,not to mention that I spent $75,000 plus with him. 6-My neighbor signed a notarized statement which clearly states that Best damaged their property. In their words to me they stated that the owner of Best(Peter) was inconsiderate and RUDE! 7-I also observed at least a dozen people that were in litigation with Best(Peter) when I appeared in court {it seems that best(Peter) is in court annually after his contracted season ends with numerous people} I can prove each and everything I have represented.

Description of Work
Reconstruct driveway , Paver walkway,,landscape installation,landscape maintenance ,drainage installation,seasonal clean up.seasonal chemical treatments,seasonal fertilizing,Used for 5+ years. FYI,Best subcontracted out the driveway and paver work to "Blade construction"and "Reino construction"

Category landscaping

[member name removed] was a customer 2006-2012 and pleased with our work as he continued to renew his yearly contracts. As the economy fell short problems within our relationship evolved. After many free services & products, and low voltage lighting repair it was in our best interest to terminate services. [member name removed] accused us of damaging his neighbor's property and upon meeting with the neighbor we found that there was no damage and the neighbor did not want to be involved with [member name removed]. With no luck to resolve our differences, we had no choice but to take legal action and seek judgement at the Superior Court of NJ Docket [member information removed] to collect funds. Case went to trial and outcome was in full favor of BEST.

05/20/2013

Abby B.

Very prompt, competitive with pricing and quality of mulch is great! I needed two trucks full, only paid for one

Description of Work
Brought mulch to home

Category landscaping, mulch

10/15/2012

Gary G.

Please see above. Reasonably quick estimate, no issues, but they were a little more expensive on the general service, and much more expensive on the coring aeration/seeding.

Description of Work
I received estimates from Best but ultimatley went with a competitor. They were a little higher in some areas, and 1/3 more for coring aerating/seeding. They did offer more comphrensive services that competitors did not offer. Their grass cutting was spot on/cheap, they offered tree service, etc. I would absolutely consider them in the future, and in general have heard good things about them, bearing in mind I did not actually hire them for the service.

Category gutter cleaning, lawn service, lawn treatment, tree service

10/09/2012

Gururaj K.

Very good.

Description of Work
They did Lawn Fertilization/weed-control in the summer and reseeding during the fall. Very professional, always answer phone on the first ring, prompt responses and hassle-free deal making. A little on the expensive side, but you get what you pay for. There were a couple of spots that didn't grow correctly - they were there to redo it in no time.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

07/25/2012

richard S.

i called best on saturday for an estimate, they're office hours are monday to friday, so i left a message and they responded monday morning....sent someone out to give me an estimate, i faxed it back they called me after recieving my fax and scheduled someone to come to my house the following day..next day 2 workers came to my house cleaned and inspected my gutters and left the grounds spotless..very professional company through and through

Description of Work
clean and inspect gutters

06/01/2012

Diane M.

They are very professional, and they give excellent advice, at reasonable rates.

Description of Work
I used Best Horticultural for pest control services. They were here today. They offer many different types of services, at various prices.

Category pest control

02/06/2012

Lois Y.

They come on a regular basis. They are excellent but their prices are a little high. They do an excellent job of cleaning. A couple of cleanings ago the man told me that the gutter had pulled away from the siding and that was very helpful because I hadn't noticed. Not everybody does that; they just do their job and run.

Description of Work
I use Best Horticultural Services to clean my gutters.

01/12/2012

Diane M.

They are very professional and do a nice job, everything looks great. My landscaping looks very good.

Description of Work
They are doing tree trimming, lawn cleanup, spray for insects, fertilize, and cut grass for me.

Category pest control, gutter cleaning, landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, tree service

10/18/2011

Lois Y.

I've worked with them several times, and I've always been happy with their service. Their employees are very thorough and competent. I really appreciate that they're willing to go above and beyond.

Description of Work
I had them clean my gutters.

09/02/2011

Debra R.

If we needed to do landscaping, they would be the people that we would call. We love them. They are great. They charge $35 per cut. We pay $150 every 3 months for lawn fertilization and treatment. It is expensive. Generally it is expensive, so they are not any more than anybody else. They do other things, but we don't use them for that. If we ask them, they will do the landscaping. They are maintaining it, but they haven't put it in basically. They can also provide tree and other services if necessary although we haven't used them for that. The thing that really stood out this season was that the grass was really good. We switched from somebody else, and they have been doing an excellent job. In the spring, we didn't seed it at all and the grass looked like it was like a carpet. It was beautiful. It still looks good even after the summer heat and everything else. They just do a good job, and they are very responsive. As far as the cleanup services go, they are a little on the high side when compared to other providers. Since we had been using the previous provider for 6 years, I don't know how prices are increased. Everything else is pretty comparable, but it would be good to check everything and watch the bottom line because it can get pricey. Other than that, they are pretty good. I recommend them highly.

Description of Work
I used Best Horticultural Service 2 days ago to cut our grass. They come out every week. They did spring and fall cleanup for us. This is the first year that we are using them, so we are new to them. They also do pesticide treatment on the grass and fertilizing and everything.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

01/03/2011

Lois Y.

I was impressed they let me know my gutter was broken when they cleaned my gutters. Most gutter cleaners will clean and leave. They went above and beyond to call me and let me know about my broken gutter. They were prompt and worked quickly and well.

Description of Work
I used this company twice. They cut back tree roots on the original project. The second time was for gutter cleaning. The tree roots cost $900 and the gutter cleaning was 65.

Category gutter cleaning, landscaping

Creative Vision Tech

Creative Vision Tech are specialists when it comes to all things home automation, networking, audio, video, Home Theater and window shades/treatments. With an array of product offerings, we can work with you to give you the best value for the job you are looking to complete. Give us a call today! 732-686-6461

Offers by Creative Vision Tech on Angi
    The Power Wash Pro

The Power Wash Pro is a pressure washing company located in central Jersey. We specialize in soft washing the exterior of homes. Our services include siding and roof soft washing, decks, fences, patios, and driveways. We take pride in our work and treat every home like it was our own. The Power Wash Pro is a fully insured company and we look forward to doing business with you.

Semper Fi Powerwashing

We specialize in pressure washing and soft washing services for exteriors of homes or businesses, sidewalks, driveways, decks, porches, patios, fences, truck trailers, parking lots, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Tree Service – Maintenance, Cabling, Pruning, Planting, & Fertilization. Lawn Irrigation. Landscaping. Lawn Fertilization & Treatment. Spring & Fall Clean Up – Weeding, Mulch, & Topsoil. Pest Control. Seal Coating. Drainage. Commercial Snow Removal, Low Voltage Lighting, Soil Testing and Soil Amending