Wilber's Painting

Founded 2008 • With Angi since May 2008

You do not need an address book full of contractors. All you need is US. We are your award-winning one-stop-shop for all things home improvements. Whether you need a room painted or a complete home renovation, we endeavor to provide a stress-free experience at prices you can afford and quality

2022 Super Service Award

Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español

house painting (277)interior painting (152)woodworking (60)pressure washing (28)general contractors (24)drywall (22)decks & porches (18)door installation (17)deck cleaning (13)wallpaper removal (10)siding companies (10)window replacement (7)

08/03/2022

Martha K.

They did a great job. They prepped the columns well and did a good finishing. They were totally professional and we will definitely be hiring them again.

Description of Work
They painted the interior columns in our basement.

Work Completed On 10/03/2021

07/12/2022

Pam K.

We partnered with Wilber’s for external painting and repair. This included replacing wood with composite where necessary and removal of wood shutters and replacement with polypropylene ones. What distinguished this company from others was the following: Danny S. was the estimator and initially met with my husband. Just prior to the start of the project, Danny returned with the foreman Olger A. He went through the project again with us and talked to Olger about job specifics. Olger is an amazing foreman, on time, efficient, skilled, detailed and an excellent project manager. Danny returned mid project to discuss the work with us and review a repair with Olger. They also did extra work for us not covered with the additional estimate which was handled very efficiently. Additionally, they did some picky repairs, such as reattaching a leader to the house, which was appreciated. The result was a beautiful house with great curb appeal – the result of good teamwork. We highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Exterior painting and repair, removal of wooden shutter and replacement with polypropylene ones

Category contractors, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 07/07/2022

06/22/2022

Stuart F.

Fantastic - team was wonderful to work with. Did exceptional work. Very high quality. Clean up well and was very professional.

Description of Work
Exterior Power washing and painting

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 06/14/2022

05/11/2022

j S.

They were good but a little expensive they very professional cooperative they do quality work

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Work Completed On 11/15/2021

11/11/2021

Allyson G.

Norberto and his crew did an incredible job on our exterior painting job, finishing in a fraction of the time I'd anticipated. It looks beautiful! I figured there was a reason Wilber's signs are all over town; I would recommend them to anyone and will definitely work with them again in the future.

Description of Work
Exterior painting

Work Completed On 11/10/2021

Ms. [Member Name Removed]. Thank you very much for your review of our team. It was wonderful working with you this year and even better learning of the great service we were able to provide. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

07/12/2021

Rebecca H.

Wilburs did an excellent job on my floors and walls. I worked with Danny Salas and his crews and they did a fantastic job. My home had textured walls on the first floor and stairway. Wilburs skim-coated all the walls and repainted. They did a great job; you can’t tell that the walls are not the original surface! They also replaced the crown molding in all the 1st floor rooms. Danny was very helpful in deciding on the size of the crown molding and the end result looks great. Wilburs also redid the hardwood floors and stairs by sanding, staining and putting on polyurethane. They did a great job. The crews were professional yet friendly and they cleanup up after themselves really well. Everything they did turned out great and the pricing was very competitive!

Description of Work
Sand and stain hardwood floors and stairs; skim coating walls; painting; installation of crown molding

Category hardwood floor, plastering, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/07/2021

Dear Ms. [Member Name Removed]. We can’t thank you enough for the kind words about our team and service. Your review means a lot to us and lets us know we’re on the right track! We look forward to your continued business.

06/03/2021

John P.

These guys are amateurs! Painting is only 10% of the job; 90% is prep! I've been painting houses for 20 years, but I just don't bend those ways anymore. So I hired these guys to come in and do an honest job. Zero prep was done on any trim on this job; no sanding, caulking or filling holes were done! I asked one of the workers if they prepped the trim, and he said "it's an old house". Are you kidding me!? It is an old house! So why did you take the job?! I have to hire a whole separate company to come in here and do the trim correctly! I'm still cleaning up their incompetence! Save your money and sanity, and hire painters that know how to PREP AND PAINT!

Description of Work
i hired this company to paint the interior walls, ceiling and trim.

Work Completed On 02/20/2021

12/29/2020

Karen A.

Very well, the workers were very professional, cleaned up after themselves, there was a bit of a language barrier with the workers because we do not speak Spanish.

Description of Work
Painting of garage doors, back porch, back door, repainting of cast aluminum patio furniture, patched stucco, pressure wash of deck and patio, varnish deck and caulking of windows

Category decks, deck cleaning, pressure washing, stucco, house painters, doors

Work Completed On 10/12/2020

Dear Ms. [Member Name Removed]. Thank you very much for your feedback! It is wonderful to know you had a good experience with out company. We will certainly look into ways to improve our communication with our valued customers. We look forward to working with you again.

10/14/2020

Heidi E.

The guys arrived right on time and finished early. I felt like the wanted to please me with the work they did and they did please me. They also did a couple extra things that they saw that needed to be done without my asking. Overall a great experience!.

Description of Work
ceiling tiles replaced, doors trimmed, and trim work removed and replaced.

Category woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/14/2020

Dear Ms. [Member Name Removed]. This is so wonderful to hear. Walking the extra mile for our valued customers is one of our top priorities. Leaving you with a great experience and what we valued most. We look forward to working with you again.

08/06/2020

Martha K.

I would called them back again to repaint my deck. They did a very good job.

Description of Work
They did deck painting.

Work Completed On 08/06/2018

07/14/2020

Benjamin C.

We've owned our home for just over two years, and we have worked with Wilber's on several occasions now. I want to write to whole-heartedly recommend them. Enthusiastically. We've had them do smaller jobs like repairing some of our plaster walls in places that were beyond our ability, rebuilding porch posts that were rotten, and installing lattice around the porch. Recently we started a renovation of our garage -- which will involve replacing windows, repairing siding, and the largest part, completely replacing the roof. I'm writing this review after one of their teams just finished the new roof. I cannot speak highly enough about the professionalism of everyone we've worked with from Wilber's. Work areas are tidy. Work moves efficiently while attention to detail is totally maintained. The roofing foreman communicated with us throughout the job -- making sure we talked through any choices that had to be made. In those conversations, he was always clear and patient. I also have to say the same for Erick Granados who has been our point person on all of the jobs we've done with them. Erick's a pleasure to work with. Total pro. Direct about choices, costs and tradeoffs. The day we started work on the garage, we actually had a mishap -- which was that the foreman had ordered shingles that were close to what was on the house (IKO shingles) but not identical. When we realized the issue, we hit that point you sometimes reach contractors -- where something isn't quite right, and fixing it will require time and effort... and therefore expense... on behalf of the company. Erick and the roofing foreman simply made it right. No tension, no run around -- just made it right. I appreciate that so much. They just asked for the name of the shingles on the house, and before I knew it, someone came to get the other shingles, and brought the right ones within a few hours. The work itself on all of the work we've contracted Wilber's for has been terrific. Also want to mention, there's tons of little things contractors can do -- just to be helpful and great. For example, the crawl space in our garage was filled with random stuff. Barrels, dairy crates, coolers, old dish racks. It's the kind of thing that isn't in a contract, but the guys carefully brought it all down, and helped us sort out and set aside anything we'd want to keep. In the middle of the job, I pulled out shelving units in the garage from the previous owner, and when the team cleaned up the site -- which they did quickly and thoroughly -- they loaded all of that shelving wreckage (lots of it), into the dump truck. Once we complete this work on our garage, this will be the third project we've done with Wilber's. I have every expectation that they'll be our first call on the various work we'll need to do going forward.

Description of Work
Garage Roof/Porch Repair

Category contractors, decks, roofing, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/14/2020

07/03/2020

h W.

Punctual, addressed concerns we had. Fab job!

Description of Work
repair bathroom ceiling, repair front posts, repair utility room door, repair utility room window, paint exterior of house, repair front concrete slab of front walk.

Category contractors, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 07/03/2020

07/03/2020

h W.

If you mentioned something they would try to fix it to our satisfaction. We had a rough spot on our window sill and they sanded it down so it looked fine.

Description of Work
exterior painting

Category contractors, house painters

Work Completed On 09/01/2021

06/29/2020

Adam L.

Wilber's Painting does exceptional work. They thoroughly sanded the wood prior to painting. The process was extremely clean and the painting was very neat. I definitely would recommend them to anyone and will use them again for future jobs!

Description of Work
Exterior painting and carpentry.

Category contractors, house painters

Work Completed On 06/29/2020

06/19/2020

David C.

Highly recommend Wilbers. Erick and Oscar did a fantastic job start to finish. What drove my decision with them was the recommendations that Erick gave while I was getting a quote and estimate. Very responsive and communicative. Oscar and his team did a great job but what stood apart was that every morning they would cover what they will be doing and always check back in before they left for the day. Really helped us, my wife was very happy with that and we both felt that everyone should do that as it makes a big difference.

Description of Work
Exterior painting

Work Completed On 06/19/2020

05/22/2020

Ellen L.

I recommend Wilber's Painting without reservation! Reiman Vargas of Wilber's did an outstanding job painting the exterior of my house. Raiman is professional, courteous and extremely hard working. He is thorough and meticulous. Raiman worked diligently to get the job completed. I felt he really cared about my overall satisfaction with the job. The office staff at Wilber's Painting are courteous and responsive. I feel that Wilber's pricing is very fair. You are in good hands with Wilber's. Ellen Short Hills

Description of Work
Exterior and interior of house

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 05/22/2020

Review for Wilber's Painting - 2087 Millburn Ave, Maplewood, NJ - 38586752

05/14/2020

Paolo A.

Excellent job and I would HIGHLY recommend. They were always on time and sent us paint samples when we didn't have time to look ourselves. Pricing was very competitive and fair.

Description of Work
Stucco replacement, entire exterior of our house and garage, trims, shutters, sidings, windows, soffits, fascia, foundation and fixtures were all repainted. Scraped and sanded all areas to remove falling paint and Power washed.

Category decks, drywall, gutter repair, siding, deck cleaning, pressure washing, woodworking, stucco, house painters, doors

Work Completed On 05/05/2020

05/08/2020

Michelle C.

FANTASTIC JOB! Our 100 year old house looks brand new. Crew was early on the job each day and worked very hard at all times. Clean and organized. They were fast and the work is impeccable. Many neighbors and passers by have said what an amazing job they did. We agree! Painted our big front porch and our light fixtures too! We were going to buy new ones — now no need! Like brand new also. That alone saved about $800!! Cannot say enough about how great it all looks. They also worked on a flood issue on our stairwell landing for us last year. That work was done quickly and thoroughly, too.

Description of Work
Pressure washed exterior, fixed a lot of damage, painted shutters and trim.

Category contractors, decks, siding, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 05/01/2020

Review for Wilber's Painting - 2087 Millburn Ave, Maplewood, NJ - 38551910

05/08/2020

Linda N.

Words cannot describe how satisfied we are. Our expectations were exceeded. Will definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Exterior house paint

Category deck cleaning, house painters

Work Completed On 05/07/2020

Review for Wilber's Painting - 2087 Millburn Ave, Maplewood, NJ - 38551544

02/13/2020

Kat B.

Raymond and his crew did an awesome job! They painted our entire house and stained wood doors, trim, and floors. They were responsive, attentive to detail, offered great suggestions, and were very professional. Neat and courteous! I would highly recommend them for all of your painting needs!

Description of Work
Interior Painting of our entire house and staining of wood doors, floors, and trim

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/13/2020

11/16/2019

Ari K.

Had Wilber remove popcorn ceiling throughout my whole house, skim coat and paint. Erick and his crew were fantastic! So courteous and considerate of our space and time (even stayed til 2am one night to finish up). At the end he even brought in a cleaning lady to make sure the house was clean for us. And most importantly, it came out great! Highly recommend! Will be using again!

Description of Work
Popcorn ceiling removal and painting

Work Completed On 11/11/2019

11/13/2019

Terry G.

Wilber's is excellent and went above and beyond what we contracted the company to do. Got three quotes from different vendors and Wilber's had the most competitive pricing. The job manager, Eric, was excellent at communicating about the work and steps needed to complete the job. Wilber's even helped to order the doors that they needed to install from a local vendor they recommended. You could not ask for more in terms of craftsmanship, communication, and consideration. For example, the workers even returned after the job to clean up an inconsiderate bird that treated my newly painted white house like a personal toilet. I would recommend the company to anyone in NJ looking to do work on their home.

Description of Work
Exterior painting of large house. Select interior painting. Screen door replacement. Deck power washing

Category deck cleaning, house painters, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 08/15/2019