Basic Basement Co

03/31/2023

8:00 AM - 5:00 AM

122 Park Ave

Manalapan, NJ 07726

With over 40 years combined experience, we provide complete Basement remodeling and finishing services with Free estimates and no-nonsense pricing. We will give you the Basement you've always wanted by transforming your previously unfinished Basement into a usable and comfortable living area you can be proud of. We are known for constant communication and on-site project management. ...

basement remodeling (237)plumbers (41)electrician (101)drywall (98)lighting (75)door installation (65)general contractors (63)insulation (59)home remodeling (47)woodworking (40)interior painting (39)basement waterproofing (25)

07/22/2022

Charles S.

This was the best experience I've had with a contractor by far. In the past 12 years since I've owned my home I have had dozens of contractors come through for estimates and work for various upgrades and projects in the house. Each step of the process was smooth and efficient with surprisingly no headaches or unforeseen issues. Each crew that came in specialized in their part of the process whether it be drywall, painting or electrical and all treated my home with respect as some contractors can be very messy. I will be recommending the Basic Basement company to all of my family and friends =)

Description of Work
Basement Remodel

Work Completed On 07/01/2022

07/05/2022

Erin A.

We just used Basic for the second time to refinish our basement (we recently moved). We would happily use them again. From the sales process to construction they're professional and responsive. They come up with creative solutions to unique basement quirks and always finish on time and on budget. We 100% recommend.

Description of Work
Finish basement

Category contractors, closet systems, drywall, electrician, picture framing, insulation, lighting, woodworking, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 07/05/2022

04/14/2022

Anthony A.

Wow! Unbelievable company. I could not be happier with the basic basement company. Every crew was on time, professional, and friendly. Every day they cleaned up and took any trash out. They walked me through each day and the final product. Gail and her team were tremendous! She was so detailed with every step and made what could be a tense project…stress free for me from start to finish. She was extremely prompt with any questions I had. This company came highly recommended and I will now pass that along. I highly recommend them for any services. I will be using them for additional projects in the near future.

Description of Work
Basement finish

Category contractors, picture framing, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 04/14/2022

Review for Basic Basement Co - 122 Park Ave, Manalapan, NJ - 39698136

03/28/2022

Larry J.

I would highly recommend The Basic Basement Company to finish your basement. We contracted with them during fall of 2021 and work was completed in March 2022. They have a lot of clients, so there might be a wait for work to begin. Overall, they were really patient with us and easy to work with. They plan the work carefully with you, giving you valuable suggestions during the planning process. When the work began, they made slight modifications to the plan which allowed us to better utilize our space. The electrician worked with us to place extra outlets for our TV. They also upgraded the lighting to daylight LEDs for a small added cost. They also have a great payment plan -- payments are spaced out over the course of work. Since this was our 1st basement project, we were really concerned about customizing the basement for our family needs. This company really helped. I really don't have any complaints and would recommend you consider them. Note: it can take a couple months for the work to be finished. The same team does not complete everything. Instead, they hire teams of contractors for specific tasks (installing the wood frame, electrical wiring, painting, etc.)

Description of Work
Finish our basement

Work Completed On 11/29/2021

03/26/2022

Rashonda A.

We used The Basic Basement to finish our basement and we are very satisfied with the finished product. The staff were professional, answered all my questions promptly, and they always did exactly what they said they would do. I would highly recommend this company and I'll definitely be using them again for future projects.

Description of Work
Finished basement with floor install

Work Completed On 12/28/2021

12/13/2021

Michelle C.

We were extremely pleased with the job Basic Basements completed. The whole team made the process easy, we’re responsive, efficient, and clean with construction while we lived in the home. They did everything they said they would and for a very fair price. We recommend them to anyone asking for basement construction referrals!

Description of Work
Finished basement with full bathroom

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, egress windows, picture framing, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 08/10/2021

11/26/2021

Sacha W.

From start to finish the whole process was great. Gail kept me well informed and updated, palettes were delivered on time and the crew showed up when expected. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Basement remodeling/ new sump pump & back up battery

Category contractors, picture framing, lighting, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 07/27/2021

11/10/2021

Sowmiya V.

I was extremely happy with the work done by basic basement. All the workers who came were nice and worked according to our expectations. Gail and her crew did an awesome job.

Description of Work
Basement finishing

Category contractors, picture framing, insulation, lighting, plastering, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 11/10/2021

11/08/2021

John H.

Great work and quick responses - we love our new space!

Description of Work
Basement remodel

Category contractors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 11/08/2021

10/16/2021

Phyllis L.

We were very happy with the process from start to finish. Professional and organized office staff (Gail) was amazing to work with. She answered all emails and questions promptly. She took care of all the scheduling, trash pick up and township permits . Todd helped us with our basement design and gave us a quote on the spot. Bob and mike our project managers made sure we were happy with the work being done and came to check on things periodically . Even when we wanted to make adjustments mid project to add more features they made it happen. The crew was ALWAYS on time . My husband who is meticulous about things would go down to the basement after the crew left to check out the work and he never had a complaint. The price was reasonable and the work was done well. I would definitely recommend basic basement co to anyone looking to finish their basement.

Description of Work
Finished Basement

Category contractors, drywall, electrician, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 10/15/2021

09/22/2021

Bob K.

Basic Bassments did a wonderful job in waterproofing and remodeling our basement. Everyone I dealt with was courteous and very professional. The workmanship was really good…township inspectors commented on good the electrical and plumbing work looked. Basic Basements was always on time and cleaned up after themselves. I highly recommend Basic Basements and would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
We needed our basement waterproofed and remodeled

Category contractors, drywall, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, basement waterproofing, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 09/22/2021

07/26/2021

Sanjana D.

It was a pleasure to have Basic basement company . They completed our project very smoothly and on time. Very professional team. Gail was amazing . She helped us throughout the project. Their prices are very reasonable. I would recommend Basic basement company to my friends for their basement project.

Description of Work
Basement finish

Category contractors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 07/20/2021

07/15/2021

Joe Z.

Total pleasure to work with! Basic made our large basement finishing project easy. Everyone involved was courteous, professional, and skilled and kept the job on track. We could not be happier with the finished project. Highly recommend and we've already started spreading the word.

Description of Work
Basement finishing

Category contractors, drywall, picture framing, insulation, lighting, remodeling, woodworking, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 07/15/2021

07/14/2021

Ron B.

The Basic Basement team was absolutely fantastic. From the moment they arrived to quote the project right down to the completion. Everything was done above and beyond our expectations. The team was courteous, professional and they went above and beyond what we expected. I would recommend Basic companies for your next basement remodel. You will not regret the decision. Gail, Kevin, Steve and team made this the best experience we could ever imagined.

Description of Work
A remodel of an unfinished Basement

Category contractors, drywall, electrician, egress windows, flooring contractor, picture framing, insulation, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, marble & granite, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 05/07/2021

Review for Basic Basement Co - 122 Park Ave, Manalapan, NJ - 39403678

05/26/2021

Robert McNeill J.

This was by far the best experience I ever had with a contractor. Always on time, always friendly, and extremely efficient. We couldn’t be happier. Will definitely use for future projects.

Description of Work
Finish basement

Category contractors, drywall, electrician, picture framing, insulation, lighting, plastering, remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 05/26/2021

05/24/2021

Gaurang B.

We finished our basement with the Basic companies. They did the wall framing and insulation, dry wall installation, electrical, ceiling, priming and painting and floor installation (vinyl). They also arranged for township approvals and inspections. We are very impressed with the quality of work and the fact that it was completed in a timely manner.

Description of Work
We finished our basement with them.

Category contractors, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, insulation, lighting, remodeling, basement waterproofing, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 03/17/2021

05/24/2021

Denise G.

Basic Basement Co finished our basement. They were on time and at a good price. They worked with the township for all of the applicable permits and made it easy for us. We are enjoying the extra space. Everyone we worked with at the company was helpful and great to work with.

Description of Work
finished basement

Category contractors, drywall, electrician, picture framing, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 05/24/2021

05/07/2021

Daniel R.

They did all the framing, dry wall, electric, and carpentry work for my basement. It was a very easy efficient process - coordinated step by step. Contractors were always on time and did great work. Price was very reasonable and thrilled with how it turned out. Highly recommend for anyone looking to finish a basement.

Description of Work
Finishing Basement

Category contractors, drywall, electrician, picture framing, lighting, remodeling, woodworking, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 05/06/2021

04/08/2021

Thomas G.

Fantastic. Good communication. Quality work. Easy to work with. Would use them again!

Description of Work
Basement finishing

Work Completed On 04/07/2021

04/05/2021

Tej S.

Basic Basement Co did an excellent job and made the process painless for me. Everyone who worked on the project was always on time and professional. Gail (project coordinator) and Kevin (project manager) did a great job communicating with us throughout the whole project. We are very happy with the end result. I would highly recommend their services

Description of Work
Basement Finishing

Category drywall, electrician, picture framing, lighting, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 04/05/2021

03/15/2021

Jessica S.

After getting many estimates, we hired Basic Basement to do our basement. They were the most professional in their presentation and were also the most affordable (1/3 of the price private contractors were quoting). `The work was excellent! They managed every aspect of the project, including getting permits and inspections. Their communication was on point, we were kept informed every step of the way. Everything was completely timely and efficiently. They bring in experts for each task, everything was done correctly, All inspections passed first time. It was an absolute pleasure working with them and we will certainly use them again!!

Description of Work
they framed and finished our basement

Work Completed On 11/20/2020

03/04/2021

Steven F.

This project included: preparation of permits, demo of existing walls and ceiling for a 600 sq ft basement, new framing and sheetrock walls and ceiling, electric, recessed lighting, installation of full bathroom (shower, sink, toilet) with ejector pump, vinyl flooring, base molding and doors, new staircase/handrail, painting walls and ceiling. Most importantly: -Final price was the same that was given in the initial estimate, no hidden fees thrown in -Estimation and scoping of project with Todd was low pressure, he did not try to sell us anything we did not want. He asked what we wanted and once that was communicated, he quickly drew up a quote detailing the entire project. We also received mockup computer designs that showed what the finished space might look like. -Responsive to all calls and emails and texts. Gail at the office did a great job with the coordination, scheduling and passing along my questions to the appropriate people. -Kevin, who managed the project, was there to help along the way..a special thank you to him as he kept the project on course and fixed issues that may seem minor to some, but were important to me. -No pressure to do any work that was not initially scoped out -Work was scheduled to complete the job in the shortest timeframe In addition: -All workers were professional and did their respective work with care. Work area was kept clean and trash picked up on a regular basis. -Workers wore masks. -Workers were well prepared and knew the job prior to arriving, did not require much interaction on my part. At the same time, they were accommodating when I wanted to see how the job was progressing and answered questions when I had them. -Payment in several installments was appreciated, and definitely preferable to handing over large sums before any work is completed Thanks to Basic Basements I now have a new living space that my family can enjoy! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Basic Basements to family and friends.

Description of Work
complete basement finishing with new bathroom

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, insulation, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 03/01/2021