AVD Electric LLC

Founded 2009 • With Angi since November 2012

34EB01661900

101 Tam O Shanter Dr

Mahwah, NJ 07430

Electrical Repairs, Electrical Installations & Electrical Maintenance. A.V.D. ELECTRIC LLC is Owner Operated by Victor Varela a Licensed, Insured and bonded, Electrical Contractor in the state of New Jersey. Our goal is to provide Prompt Professional Service and our pledge is to establish long lasting relationships with our customers....

electrician (103)generator service (19)lighting (9)ceiling fan installation (3)

08/13/2020

Very well. Chris and helper were punctual, efficient and fastidious.

Description of Work
Installation of recessed lights and two ceiling fans.

Category lighting,ceiling fans

Work Completed On 07/30/2020

01/31/2020

Victor at AVD Electric came out and thoroughly checked out the electric panel. He corrected loose connections and the condition of all circuit breakers. Victor turned all the house lights on and turned on major appliances, and then waited to see if there were power issues. There were not so he concluded that the issue was resolved. Victor is very professional, knowledgeable and courteous. He clear...

Description of Work
House power was going on and off and we needed to have the electric panel checked out and repaired.

Work Completed On 01/30/2020

11/14/2019

He couldn’t fix it so instead he put in a new wire. Had to dig up the ground, drill a hole in the outside to route new wire. He put it on a light sensor, so I couldn’t turn it on or off. He never marked the breaker where he ran the new wire. I had to call him back to fix it. He them marked the breaker box and charged me $160 for the service call. What a rip-off! If he had marked the box initially,...

Description of Work
Lamp post wasn’t working

Work Completed On 11/13/2019

This repair was done THREE years ago, the outdoor light has been working for three years... This customer calls me now to schedule a service call because it now stopped working (three years later) And He is only available after 5pm because he works in NYC, After driving in heavy traffic around 5pm I make it to his home to repair the light again (three years later) and the light only stopped workin...

09/09/2019

It went perfectly. Not only is Victor good at what he does he is honest, responsive, punctual, and truly cares about his work and his customers. If you need any electrical work, you have to call Victor at AVD. We are so happy we hired Victor/AVD and give a 100% recommendation.

Description of Work
We had a serious electrical problem which required us to call the electric company and, for safety reasons, we had to shut down the power to our home until we could find an electrician to help on a Saturday! Luckily we found AVD electric! Victor (the owner) came to our home on a Saturday and got our power back up that day but we knew we had to have major work done to restore to full capacity. Victor didn't try to sell us on the work--he simply made sure we were safe and had power. We decided to hire Victor/AVD to do the work we needed. He replaced our entire electrical panel and upgraded our service as well as add a cutover switch for our portable generator so we were prepared for possible outages in the future.

Work Completed On 08/16/2019

07/18/2018

Quick, efficient, professional and prompt service. Will consider for future work

Description of Work
Home inspection

Work Completed On 07/18/2018

05/19/2018

We tried to contact AVD electric first by form here. Then we called, spoke briefly, and he told us he'd call us back later that day. A few days later we called again and was told he'd call back but he hasn't yet in the past 4 days.

Description of Work
Change a ceiling fan to a light fixture.

Work Completed On 05/08/2018

Apologies due to our conflicting schedules. Really appreciate you giving me and my business an opportunity to gain your business. Please feel free to call me back in the near future. Looking forward to gaining your business!

05/17/2018

PERFECT! HE REWIRED THE MOTOR SO I WOULDN'T HAVE TO BREAK INTO TILED CEILING.

Description of Work
REPLACED OLD BATHROOM CEILING EXHAUST FAN AND LIGHT

Work Completed On 01/16/2018

01/05/2018

The electrician was very prompt, even called prior to give a more definitive timeframe, knowledgeable, efficient and helpful. He quickly found the issue, in this instance a loose connection and fixed the problem. He was very professional and polite. I will be calling him in the spring for a couple items at my home in Mahwah. Thank you again!

Description of Work
On New Year's Day my parents heat went out, PSE&G did not come until after 6 pm and identified that there was no power going to the furnace, something they did not handle. I called AVD around 6:30 pm (on a holiday) and my call was promptly answered and an appointment set for the next day between 8:30 am and 9:30 am.

Work Completed On 01/02/2018

11/07/2017

I️ can’t say enough good things about AVD Electic. The owner, Victor, did terrific work. Not only was the work quality good, but he was on time, courteous, neat, reasonably priced and cared about the job. I️ plan to hire him again and definitely recommend him.

Description of Work
Replace 2 hall ceiling lights and replace 1 dining room chandelier.

Category electrician,lighting

Work Completed On 11/07/2017

05/02/2017

Victor showed up on the day and time he said he would. He called before to confirm that we were still on because we set the appointment weeks ago because I was going away. He did a perfect job with a nice attitude. Very happy. Glad I have a local electrician to call on and to recommend to my neighbors.

Description of Work
Needed a new 3-way electrical switch.

Work Completed On 05/02/2017

Renovations, Additions, Electric Panels. Installing Generators. Transfer Switches. New Construction. Service Calls. Emergency Repairs. Conduit Installs. Kitchens. Bathrooms. Basements. Troubleshooting. Lighting Fixtures. Ceiling Fans. Outlets. Switches. Fixtures. Boxes. Circuit Breakers. Smoke Detectors. Recessed Lights. Landscape Lighting.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal