AVD Electric LLC

Founded 2009 • With Angi since November 2012

101 Tam O Shanter Dr

Mahwah, NJ 07430

Electrical Repairs, Electrical Installations & Electrical Maintenance. A.V.D. ELECTRIC LLC is Owner Operated by Victor Varela a Licensed, Insured and bonded, Electrical Contractor in the state of New Jersey. Our goal is to provide Prompt Professional Service and our pledge is to establish long

08/13/2020

janet A.

Very well. Chris and helper were punctual, efficient and fastidious.

Description of Work
Installation of recessed lights and two ceiling fans.

Category lighting, ceiling fans

01/31/2020

Steve S.

Victor at AVD Electric came out and thoroughly checked out the electric panel. He corrected loose connections and the condition of all circuit breakers. Victor turned all the house lights on and turned on major appliances, and then waited to see if there were power issues. There were not so he concluded that the issue was resolved. Victor is very professional, knowledgeable and courteous. He clearly is a very accomplished electrician. He phoned me the next day to see if everything was working properly. I highly recommend AVD Electric, and would use them again for any electrical issues.

Description of Work
House power was going on and off and we needed to have the electric panel checked out and repaired.

11/14/2019

Roy M.

He couldn’t fix it so instead he put in a new wire. Had to dig up the ground, drill a hole in the outside to route new wire. He put it on a light sensor, so I couldn’t turn it on or off. He never marked the breaker where he ran the new wire. I had to call him back to fix it. He them marked the breaker box and charged me $160 for the service call. What a rip-off! If he had marked the box initially, It wouldn’t have cost me $160.

Description of Work
Lamp post wasn’t working

Category electrician

This repair was done THREE years ago, the outdoor light has been working for three years... This customer calls me now to schedule a service call because it now stopped working (three years later) And He is only available after 5pm because he works in NYC, After driving in heavy traffic around 5pm I make it to his home to repair the light again (three years later) and the light only stopped working because he over loaded the circuit...I charged him a service call So he gives me a F Review Now. Totally unreasonable. It’s very unfortunate that people use this platform to fabricate misleading complaints with the sole intent to harm small businesses. Please before you post reevaluate your intentions.

09/09/2019

George R.

It went perfectly. Not only is Victor good at what he does he is honest, responsive, punctual, and truly cares about his work and his customers. If you need any electrical work, you have to call Victor at AVD. We are so happy we hired Victor/AVD and give a 100% recommendation.

Description of Work
We had a serious electrical problem which required us to call the electric company and, for safety reasons, we had to shut down the power to our home until we could find an electrician to help on a Saturday! Luckily we found AVD electric! Victor (the owner) came to our home on a Saturday and got our power back up that day but we knew we had to have major work done to restore to full capacity. Victor didn't try to sell us on the work--he simply made sure we were safe and had power. We decided to hire Victor/AVD to do the work we needed. He replaced our entire electrical panel and upgraded our service as well as add a cutover switch for our portable generator so we were prepared for possible outages in the future.

07/18/2018

PATRICK M.

Quick, efficient, professional and prompt service. Will consider for future work

Description of Work
Home inspection

05/19/2018

Devan B.

We tried to contact AVD electric first by form here. Then we called, spoke briefly, and he told us he'd call us back later that day. A few days later we called again and was told he'd call back but he hasn't yet in the past 4 days.

Description of Work
Change a ceiling fan to a light fixture.

Category electrician

Apologies due to our conflicting schedules. Really appreciate you giving me and my business an opportunity to gain your business. Please feel free to call me back in the near future. Looking forward to gaining your business!

05/17/2018

Mrs L.

PERFECT! HE REWIRED THE MOTOR SO I WOULDN'T HAVE TO BREAK INTO TILED CEILING.

Description of Work
REPLACED OLD BATHROOM CEILING EXHAUST FAN AND LIGHT

01/05/2018

Amanda M.

The electrician was very prompt, even called prior to give a more definitive timeframe, knowledgeable, efficient and helpful. He quickly found the issue, in this instance a loose connection and fixed the problem. He was very professional and polite. I will be calling him in the spring for a couple items at my home in Mahwah. Thank you again!

Description of Work
On New Year's Day my parents heat went out, PSE&G did not come until after 6 pm and identified that there was no power going to the furnace, something they did not handle. I called AVD around 6:30 pm (on a holiday) and my call was promptly answered and an appointment set for the next day between 8:30 am and 9:30 am.

11/07/2017

LINDA B.

I️ can’t say enough good things about AVD Electic. The owner, Victor, did terrific work. Not only was the work quality good, but he was on time, courteous, neat, reasonably priced and cared about the job. I️ plan to hire him again and definitely recommend him.

Description of Work
Replace 2 hall ceiling lights and replace 1 dining room chandelier.

Category electrician, lighting

05/02/2017

Joan B.

Victor showed up on the day and time he said he would. He called before to confirm that we were still on because we set the appointment weeks ago because I was going away. He did a perfect job with a nice attitude. Very happy. Glad I have a local electrician to call on and to recommend to my neighbors.

Description of Work
Needed a new 3-way electrical switch.

04/17/2017

emily C.

very pleased with job done and came promptly when called. It was an emergency situation. Victor was very pleasant.

Description of Work
electric oven did no work

11/12/2016

Kevin V.

He came on time. Got right to work and was done in no time.

Description of Work
Victor changed an outlet and fixed my light fixture.

09/19/2016

Joel F.

Victor responded quickly, made an immediate appointment and came right at the promised time. He was very friendly, knew what he was doing and did it quickly, efficiently and in a very professional manner. While he was at our house, he took care of several minor electrical repairs as well. His price was very reasonable and we would use him again or recommend him without any reservation.

Description of Work
Diagnosing and replacing a ceiling fan, installing a grounded outlet and fixing a loose outlet.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

08/03/2016

Elizabeth C.

Wonderfully! He worked quickly and meticulously. I would recommend and use this contractor again!

Description of Work
I needed a ceiling fan hung and 2 ceiling and 2 wall fixtures.

02/27/2016

Roy C.

Victor answered my call right away, showed up promptly, inspected the damage, got the parts, made the repairs, cleaned up, and then everything was fixed. A+ will use again.

Description of Work
repair/replace 3 dimmer circuits, 2 GFI outlets, 2 light fixtures and the heating system thermostat. Damage was caused by a power surge during a storm when a tree fell against a light pole, downing wires, causing a transformer to explode, and destroying the street lamp.

Category electrician

Pleasure meeting and working for you. Thank you for your business,

02/23/2016

GEORGE S.

We were so happy to have found AVD Electric through Angie's List. Taking advantage of a special offer for a one hour service call, we contacted Victor one week ago and arranged to have him do some work. He arrived promptly at the time agreed upon, quickly repaired the wiring to our doorbell and replaced an entryway light switch. I then asked if he would replace an old smoke detector for me even though that hadn't been part of the original order. For the cost of the detector, he went to a local hardware store and did the installation quickly and efficiently. All work was completed within an hour including the time it took to go out and buy the detector. Victor was a pleasure to work with and I will certainly call on him again for any future electrical work.

Description of Work
Replace doorbell, light switch and installed new smoke detector.

02/06/2016

Sony I.

Victor of AVD Electric is a pleasure to work with throughout the whole process of renovating my home. From start to finish he and his crew where professional and experienced. They rewired my entire home: kitchen,family room, living-room, basement, bathrooms, garage and bedrooms. They passed all inspections and it is now a year late and I haven't had any issues.

Description of Work
Complete Renovation Electrical

Category electrician

We are truly happy with the outcome of this project. We worked together on every single detail and it shows. It has been a pleasure working with you and your family. Thank you for supporting our business and trusting us with this project. We’ll do our best to continue to give you the kind of service you deserve. Thanks again, for your business. Scope of work: 5 Bathrooms 5 Bedrooms Laundry room 2 Car garage Finished basement 2 Family rooms Dining room Kitchen with under-cabinet lighting 2 A/C units Recessed lights throughout the whole house Receptacles throughout the whole house Smoke detectors Light switches throughout Closet lighting Phone and cable Wall sconces Outdoor lighting Portable generator hookup 200 amp Electrical Service

01/15/2016

Lori M.

I live in an old house where things are constantly breaking down. I had my washing machine going on the same line with a space heater and I guess that was too much for the electric line. Victor opens at 7am and I needed him to come early and he came promptly and fixed the issue fast and for a very reasonable price.

Description of Work
Fixed a breaker and 2 overhead light fixtures

01/14/2016

Jason S.

Smooth, professional, fast Day of service

Description of Work
Inspection of fire alarm system

05/29/2015

Dana L.

Victor is GREAT! He was timely, neat and very helpful in solving an issue with the outlets in my daughter's room. Defintiely would use him again and recommend!

Description of Work
Fixed non-working electrical outlets in a bedroom.

04/19/2015

Joyce J.

I was happy with the work and would definitely use AVD again.

Description of Work
Victor removed an old flourescent fixture, replace the box, and came back to install the new fixture after the hole left by the old one was repaired.

Category electrician

Thank you for your repeat business!

04/10/2015

john Q.

I still have not received a quote from Victor/AVD Electric. I called him to follow up and was told on 3/27 "I'll have it to you by Monday" Was not rude, nor enthusiastic about my questions of other work. Very clearly stated that he does not have interest in the little jobs. This call was for a 200 amp service upgrade, so this should have gotten some attention. If I never got a response when it's a bigger job and money they haven't gotten yet; What would be the response if something was wrong???

Description of Work
Came out to review work to be done, no further contact was made????

Category electrician

This customer is irrational. First he wanted a 300 amp electrical service which is unheard of for his size house, then he requested several other projects in his home that were overkill, for example running several direct electrical lines for outdoor power equipment because " he runs two outdoor leaf blowers at the same time" then he wanted to relocated his main electrical panel so "if the power went out he didn't have to walk around his big commercial DJ speakers". Spent one hour in his home reviewing all his request. He also stated that he threw out his previous electrician which he was about to "knock him out on this property" because he didn't like the way the contractor was talking to him and that he was very capable of doing this because he was a boxer... I still proceed to send him an estimate and never heard back from him.

02/26/2015

David H.

It turned out pretty well. They came out a couple of months later after we purchased it at our request. It was a very good experience. He actually listened to what we were trying to do. We ended up getting something else from him instead of the transfer switch as in the deal. We got a whole house interlock system because that was better match for what we were trying to do. It was great, fantastic. The pricing was competitive. He was cool guy and I would use him again.

Description of Work
I bought the Big Deal for AVD Electric.

Category electrician

Thank you for your business.

02/09/2015

James T.

He was fine and very professional. I decided to go a different direction with the work.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for work to be done with this company.

02/05/2015

Michele J.

The service went fine. He arrived promptly.

Description of Work
They put in my smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors.

K Hanrahan Enterprises Inc

The Generator Specialist! We stock over 200 whole home generators, and install 500+ a year. We are a one stop shop. We do not sub contract any work, and we are a Generac factory authorized dealer, warranty dealer, and maintenance dealer. All our technicians are Generac factory certified. We also offer: Bucket truck services, panel upgrades, LED upgrades, emergency service, commercial and industrial services.

Award 2022
    R&S Landscaping

R&S Landscaping has been servicing the Bergen County, NJ area for over 35 years. We are a full-service one-stop company – many clients prefer to have one relationship for all their outdoor needs. Our team coordinates all your services to ensure your property is at its best all year long. The R&S Team is comprised of highly qualified group of passionate professionals dedicated to creating, building and maintaining outdoor spaces. Our easy, online proposals and web account management make it simple for you to request services, manage your payments, and communicate with us at any time.

Offers by R&S Landscaping on Angi
    All work Home Improvement

Our expertise Include both indoor and outdoor room renovations. We provide services that include masonry work. Outdoor kitchens, paver patio's, concrete, retaining wall, veneer siding, fence, drainage, and much more. Our indoor projects include, tiling, vinyl, laminate flooring, drywall, bathroom and kitchen renovation. We have over 18 years of experience. We are fully licensed and insured. We provide free estimates as well as warranty on all of our projects. We take pride in being owner operated.

34EB01661900
    NJ
    New Jersey: General
    03/31/2024
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal

Renovations, Additions, Electric Panels. Installing Generators. Transfer Switches. New Construction. Service Calls. Emergency Repairs. Conduit Installs. Kitchens. Bathrooms. Basements. Troubleshooting. Lighting Fixtures. Ceiling Fans. Outlets. Switches. Fixtures. Boxes. Circuit Breakers. Smoke Detectors. Recessed Lights. Landscape Lighting.