Grass Masters Inc

Founded 1990 • With Angi since September 2009

13VH02250100

PO Box 585

Lumberton, NJ 08048

Grass Masters is a full service company providing excellence in landscaping, hardscaping and lawn care to South Jersey since 1990. We specialize in the installation of EP Henry paver patios, driveways and retaining walls, complete landscape design, installation and maintenance, and expert lawn care services. Please visit our website @ www.grassmasters.net for additional information....

lawn & landscaping (51)hardscaping (30)Patios (13)lawn treatment (13)lawn care (9)mulch delivering (6)stone & gravel (3)decks & porches (3)deck cleaning (1)

10/02/2020

The backyard was not finished. When I called the following day Mike argued with me about it. Instead of politely asking me to send pictures or politely offering to come back he annoyingly offered to come back and check as if I was not being honest. When the workers arrived they did not know they were also working on the backyard, so poor communication within the company.

Description of Work
Front, side and backyard clean up

Category lawn service

Work Completed On 10/02/2020

Review for Grass Masters Inc - PO Box 585, Lumberton, NJ - 38919870

Good morning, Sorry that you had a less that desirable experience with our company. The pictures you included seem to show that we did exactly what we were supposed to do, which was to cut back overgrowth from the neighbors shrubs. You did say in your voicemail message that you were very happy with the rest of the job, and with the politeness and professionalism of our crew. This just seems to be ...

09/07/2020

I placed a call for an estimate. The gentleman called promptly and said he will be at my place in 10 minutes, he didn't show until 1.5 hour later, without a mask on. I felt as though he didn't really listen with the intention to understand what I wanted. He then said if I wanted to schedule to put a down payment down, while I was looking at the invoice, he then walks away and says "go get another ...

Description of Work
Estimate for Service

Category deck cleaning

Work Completed On 09/04/2020

So sorry about your bad experience with our company. That is never our intention. It sounds like there may have been a clash of personalities, which unfortunately happens sometimes. Good luck with your project, and please feel free to contact us if you need anything else. Steve Heiner

05/27/2020

I as not happy with the results, their work was just average. Responsiveness and professionalism was great.

Description of Work
They trimmed the hedges and put in some mulch

Category lawn service

Work Completed On 06/14/2019

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. I'm sorry to hear you were not completely satisfied with the job, but happy to hear our responsiveness and professionalism met your expectations. As you know, we service a lot of customers in your neighborhood, usually with very positive feedback. As this job was completed almost a year ago, there really is no way for us to evaluate the work, or make an...

04/05/2020

This contractor did an amazing job on our property. Michael made all of the arrangements in a timely manor and delivered goods and services per our agreement. I cannot say enough good things about the outcome of this project. I have absolutely no complaints (which is rare). The landscape is beautiful and I have already received many compliments. Definitely well worth the money invested and I will ...

Description of Work
Hardscaping and landscaping

Category landscaping,lawn service,mulch,hardscaping

Work Completed On 04/05/2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a positive review. It is much appreciated! Michael Tous

10/14/2019

It went very well. Quality work performed. Very pleased with the completion of the project.

Description of Work
Sidewalk repair

Category hardscaping

Work Completed On 10/14/2019

07/03/2019

I contacted Grass Masters about building a new paver patio in my backyard and a thorough revamping of the landscaping in my front garden. Michael was very responsive and offered to come out to discuss it. He made some great suggestions to help us easily transition from a general notion of what we wanted to a more detailed plan that fit our target budget. The work was done in a timely fashion, and ...

Description of Work
New paver patios and landscaping

Category landscaping,pavers, gravel,hardscaping,patios

Work Completed On 07/03/2019

10/27/2018

Very professional and courteous (contact was Steve Heiner). The work was done when it was scheduled and the price was fair. We have quite a lot of landscaping (shrubs, trees, river rock, and boulders) and care was taken to avoid disturbing or moving anything (or if it was, it was put back where it was). This is quite remarkable and worth mentioning. We were given information explaining the work do...

Description of Work
Lawn aeration, seeding, fertilization.

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 10/01/2018

Thank you so much for the positive review! It's always nice to hear when we have done a good job. I'll be sure to let the crew know as well. Steve Heiner

10/06/2018

Because of the either hot or wet weather, our start date was delayed with good reason. Prompt communication, actually answers the phone.

Description of Work
Brick pavers path from front to side door and trash can landing.

Category hardscaping

Work Completed On 09/26/2018

08/26/2018

I was amazed at how much was done so quickly & the workers didn’t leave a mess between visits. The original quote was more than I could afford & Michael helped me adjust the scope of the job so I could afford. I had pavers done for my driveway done 12 years ago. This job was to extend the driveway & you would never know the driveway was done 2 different times.

Description of Work
Extended my paver driveway

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 08/24/2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a positive review. It is much appreciated! We are happy the results met, and hopefully exceeded your expectations. Michael Tous

07/17/2018

A three-day process: power washing pavers and cleaning up moss, weeds, etc. on day 1; putting down new special sand between all pavers on day 2; putting down sealer on the whole surface day 3. The before-after change was remarkable. Final result looks beautiful!

Description of Work
Cleaning, re-sanding, and sealing patio pavers

Category landscaping,hardscaping

Work Completed On 07/17/2018

Hardscaping - paver patios, walkways, pool decks, driveways, retaining walls & outdoor kitchens. Landscaping design, installation & maintenance - planting trees & shrubs, mulching, trimming, topsoil & sod. Custom lawn treatment programs - fertilization, weed & crabgrass control, insect & grub control, disease control, lime, thatching, aerating & seeding. Seasonal mowing.

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa