CRAIG CONTRACTING

Founded 1953 • With Angi since December 2005

18 ESSEX ST

Lodi, NJ 07644

Craig Contracting has been family owned, operated, and located in Lodi New Jersey (NJ) since 1953. Our success is based on the fact that we do quality work, and use nothing but quality materials. All projects are owner supervised to ensure that you receive the highest standard of workmanship and customer satisfaction....

08/30/2019

Boris G.

If you need some one to replace your old driveway, Craig Contracting is the company to hire. From the first call to the office,to the estimate, everything went great. The owner is actually is working on the job with his sons. We had a few estimates ,and Fred, the owner, gave us the best price. Everything was done in a couple of days without any problems. We are extremely happy with the work they done. Will recommend to anyone . Thank you Fred .

Description of Work
Completely redo drive way

07/03/2019

kenneth M.

Terribly. I contracted with Fred and sons of Craig contracting to replace my entire driveway, asphalt layers and gravel. He was to dig down 7-8", provide dust and gravel and 3" of asphalt rolled to 2". The driveway was also being widened and new apron & curb installed. Fred and I had a minor disagreement as I saw he was skimping on the base materials. Contrary to our contract... he thought the existing gravel could be re-used even though it was riddled with major roots. I pointed to the contract and told him to replace it. He said he did, but obviously did not. I then spray painted some areas where he clearly hadn't dug out the tree roots which were exposed when I dug only 1-2" below the top layer of gravel. When initially finished, the driveway looked beautiful. <12 months later, numerous cracks developed where we had the disagreement about digging up the old material & replacing. Fred didn't show up the 1st year I called him with a warranty claim. In Year 2 the cracks became much larger and grew in number. He said there was no warranty even though I read back to him the 3 year guarantee on materials and labor from his standard contract. At the end of year 2, Fred showed up on a rainy day (no other jobs) with his son and an ax and started chopping the roots he could see. That was my warranty... no replacement or permanent fixes. My expensive driveway is cracking and crumbling like this 1-2 years after Fred's work and it seemed his only goal was to run out the warranty period. I guess small claims court is next.... See the photos I posted.

Description of Work
Tear up entire driveway and base, replace & widen. New apron and curb cut.

08/02/2018

Joann F.

The project went great they crew worked quickly and made sure we had access to the house every day when we came home from work. Very neat and job looks great.

Description of Work
Removed concrete driveway and installed a bigger asphalt driveway with Belgium block.

04/17/2018

Steve D.

Extremely professional and made sure to keep me posted throughout the whole process. Fair pricing and upfront about everything. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Completely replace asphalt driveway and remove concrete border and replace with Belgian blocks

10/10/2016

Vincent P.

The owner seemed very knowledgeable and professional.

Description of Work
Concrete walkway and sidewalk

04/22/2016

CHARLES B.

Description of Work
This company is very professional in the way they do business; It is a family owned and operated business (Fred and his 2 sons). They know their business and have all the proper equipment to do a great job. Top quality work at a reasonable price.They also did a job at another house on the block which also turned out great. They installed Belgian Blocks on the border, ripped out the old driveway and installed an asphalt driveway.I would recommend them to others and remember them for any future work.

09/19/2015

Julia E.

Fred and both his sons were a pleasure to deal with. Fred communicated every step of the project. He took care of getting the permits from the town. The guys are hard workers and and did a professional job that I am happy with. They also did an excellent job of cleaning up the work area upon completion. I would definitely hire them again, and will recommend them to neighbors and friends. If you want a quality concrete and paving job you should hire Craig Contracting, you will not be disappointed.

Description of Work
Installed front and side entrance concrete walkways. Replaced two slabs of sidewalk. Replaced and repaved single car driveway and replaced driveway apron with concrete instead of asphalt.

06/18/2015

Germaine W.

One of my neighbors had their sidewalk redone, so I asked them who they used. They told me Craig Contracting. I contacted them and Fred showed up within 24 hours to discuss what I wanted to have done. The job that I had to have done was more involved than what my neighbor had done. Fred provided me with an estimate (that he mailed to me). I decided that I wanted to hire him but I had to wait for a little while as he was very busy during the early part of the spring (once all the ice and snow had finally melted). Then one day, he showed up and pulled up all of the old concrete. He obtained the permit from the city days in advance so that I could display it in my living room window. The permit was $30.00 and included in the estimate. They poured the cement the next day (fortunately, it was a BEAUTIFUL WARM DAY) so that the drying took place without a problem and no rain in sight. My neighbor allowed me to park in her driveway for two nights as I do not have a resident sticker on my car. Fred is very professional and extremely pleasant. He and his crew knew exactly what they were doing. I look at my new sidewalk and walkway with such pride.

Description of Work
Ripped up my sidewalk and walkway and replaced it.

09/24/2014

Michele S.

Description of Work
Ripped up old driveway and asphalted. Replaced sidewalks

Category concrete repair,excavators,masonry,driveway pavers

06/18/2014

Diana L.

Description of Work
I emailed them about my home project and they said this was a type of work they did not do. |They were on my street with another resident doing their driveway.

06/10/2014

Carole Y.

Showed up on time when he said he would, sent in the quote, I got it in the mail, his follow up was good. He was going to completely redo my driveway.

Description of Work
He was going to completely redo my driveway.

05/29/2013

MARCIA R.

The work he did was excellent. I wish I would have know that the patch work on the walkway would be different colors when he was finished, otherwise I would have had him do the whole walk way instead of just the cracks. He was friendly, and professional, however, and for the most part I was pleased.

Description of Work
I had him fix some cracks on my driveway and walkway.

06/26/2011

Gary L.

Fred and his crew recently finished replacing both our concrete sidewalk and asphalt driveway. It was not an typical or easy job. The previous owners had asphalt pourded over concrete runners in the driveway (NOT recommended!!!) and had asphalted half the backyard. Several old blocks of concrete sidewalk allowed water to pool at the bottom of the back deck steps making them unusable after a rain or in the winter when it was icy. Craig Contracting did the work exactly as we requested in a timely matter and it came out better than we expected (and trust me, I am VERY hard to please). Our property slopes and the driveway needed to be perfectly pitched to avoid water from filling our garage. Sure enough, 2 days after the job was completed we had a torrential downpour and the water went right where we wanted, away from the garage and into our yard. They even put in topsoil for us and graded the newly uncovered area for no extra charge. These guys do really great work at a fair price and we highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Cut and removed old concrete slabs, sidewalk, and asphalt driveway laid over concrete runners. Diverted gutters underground to curb and backyard. Installed new concrete sidewalk and asphalt driveway.

07/26/2010

GUNTHER J.

Please see above.

Description of Work
Within one week the crew of four did the following: Tore up and rremoved old asphalt. Added and rolled gravel as needed. Placed Belgian blocks and carefully mortared them in place. Placed, raked, and rolled new asphalt. Everything about the work was carefully and beautifully done. We highly recommend Craig Contracting. They gave the lowest bid of three bidders. The site was thououghly cleaned up.

10/09/2009

L. Gaye H.

Thet were excellent. They offered reasonable and extremely fair prices and showed up on time. They did a perfect job and even called to push up the job when they felt it may rain the originally scheduled day of the project.

Description of Work
We hired Craig Contracting for some work.

06/27/2008

Chariss S.

This company was doing two driveways on my street, so I asked if they could do mine at the same time. He gave me a price, I agreed, and he told me he could start as soon as I got my permit. I got the permit, and he worked me in with the other two. They were extremely easy to deal with and pleasant and got the job done when they said they would. I was pleased with my experience dealing with this company and would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They broke up and carted away the old driveway (four layers), graded the area with dirt and stones, and applied asphalt.

07/30/2007

They came when they said they would and did the work thoroughly and quickly. The driveway really looks nice and smooth. Everyone who worked on the driveway was courteous and professional. I would recommend them to others very highly.

Description of Work
Craig Contracting install a new driveway for us. They broke out the old concrete, dug out and widened the area, and replaced it with asphalt and Belgium blocks. It is 18' x 40'.

12/19/2005

HE DOES A VERY GOOD JOB. I THINK IT IS JUST A ONE-MAN OPERATION AND HE DID A GREAT JOB BUILDING AND INSTALLING EVERYTHING RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. I HAVE RECOMMENDED HIM TO OTHERS, MANY TIMES.

Description of Work
THEY BUILT AND INSTALLED A MANTLE ABOVE MY FIREPLACE.

Category masonry

Micciche & Son

Owner operated family owned masonry & paving company, for over 30 years ,focused on servicing Passaic, Bergen, Essex and Hudson counties. Honored to have 2014 & 2016 Super Service Award

American Chimney Service

Family owned & operated. With over twenty years experience, Robert Brancaccio, owner of American Chimney Service, believes that obtaining the proper certifications and licenses greatly enhanced his business and his ability to service his customers properly. While the State of New Jersey does not require certifications for chimney sweeping and cleaning services, American Chimney Service does. At American Chimney Service, we hold ourselves accountable for every job we take on. We always follow through, and take our responsibilities seriously, as we know that this is the key to success. We are open and honest, always making sure to inform clients of their options and deliver value. Integrity is critical, and we try and make recommendations that will save clients time and money. We also pride ourselves on products and work of the highest quality to help maintain the safety and well being of our clients. We know that your time is valuable, and therefore strive to provide service and solve problems with minimal inconvenience. We do the right job the first time. Every time. Every American Chimney technician drives a truck that is fully stocked with more than 1,000 parts, so most repairs can be completed during the first visit. If you are unhappy for any reason, we will redo the repair for free. We also offer same day service. Additional email: info@americanchimneyservice.com. Additional phone: (201) 342-3660, (973) 351-3300. Additional DBA - RNR Corp.

Offers by American Chimney Service on Angi
    A Debenedetto Construction LLC

A. DeBenedetto Construction, LLC handles all types of masonry work in the Essex County, NJ area. Locally owned and operated, we have over 40 years of dedicated experience in the industry. A. DeBenedetto Construction, LLC will solve all your waterproofing and drainage problems!

Offers by A Debenedetto Construction LLC on Angi