THE POLITE PLUMBER

Founded 1948 • With Angi since December 2007

NJ MASTERS PLUMBERS LICENSE #: 10597. MEMBER OF THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU NJ PUMP LICENSE # 1962 NJ PUMP INSTALLERS LICENSE #: 1962....

4.1

well & water pump repair (3)plumbers (62)drain cleaning (11)HVAC Companies (5)water heaters (4)home remodeling (3)water softeners (2)gas leak repair (1)

09/15/2020

greg B.

I had issues with rusty water. They solved my problem and stood by their work. Were responsive to questions and answered promptly. I appreciated how they work around my schedule to perform the work needed.

Description of Work
Water softener and water heater

Category plumbing, gas leak repair

Work Completed On 08/15/2020

07/15/2019

Kathleen L.

They came that day, they were prompt, polite, they knew what they are doing, helpful and they showed me how to do it.

Description of Work
We had some problems on our hot water heater and they fixed it.

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 01/15/2019

Ms. [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for the terrific review. It means so much to all of us. We are so happy you were pleased with our service. We are always here for you. Have a great summer! Willy and Kathy Hughes Owners

10/31/2017

Julie B.

James showed up on time, picked up the part, and repaired it immediately. It was urgent. This is after calling 6 other plumbers that couldn't make it out the same day. Can't comment on price as I don't know what it would normally cost to do this particular work, but it seemed reasonable.

Description of Work
Hot water heater repair.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 10/31/2017

09/07/2017

SUSANNA S.

They didn't do anything. They made a recommendation for a tile guy. Why you are doing the bathroom, why don't you get who they recommended. The contractor they worked with quite a bit. A little bit before you call me my toilet will leak every time you flush. They tried to put me in an home program. I don't need to pay for that. They charged for an estimate, which pissed me off. Some providers do not charge for estimates. They just looked at the drain. It was a good experience. You have to. You need to have a plumber.

Description of Work
I have a leak in my bathroom.

Work Completed On 08/31/2017

08/12/2017

Debbie M.

All employees I dealt with were very nice and professional all around. I did not wait long for a plumber to come out. The plumber who came was professional and definitely knew what he was doing. Their cost is very reasonable. One thing I was not thrilled about, but would not stop me from hiring them again, is he did not wear shoe covers. For both repairs you had to go through the bedrooms where I had my baby crawling. This never bothered me in the past but now that I am a mother, it bothered me. I maybe should have asked which I will do next time but I feel all contractors should automatically do this when entering homes - some do. Overall, this will not stop me from hiring them again, as I have already hired them twice. Their professional, knowledge, and cost means a lot.

Description of Work
Shower head leak and clog in bathroom since

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 06/30/2017

08/02/2017

Gail R.

I've used them for years. They are local. His father used to be our plumber and then he took over and eventually changed the name to The Polite Plumber. They are polite. He's not cheap but he is available and they come right away. They are reliable. I go by that. I'll pay a little bit more to make sure when they say they're going to be here at 9 o'clock they will be here. If it's an emergency they're here right away. I've had him for so many years - forever, forever.

Description of Work
They replaced faucets.

Work Completed On 09/08/2016

07/11/2017

Darryn M.

He did a good job. I would hire him again.

Description of Work
They installed a new sink and all new fixtures and pipes, drain, and all the plumbing underneath the kitchen sink.

Work Completed On 05/09/2017

Mr. [Member Name Removed] Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your business!! The Polite Plumber

05/22/2017

Elizabeth T.

OK - no problem with the work. I found their pricing to be confusing. Ended up buying the faucet part myself and just having it installed.

Description of Work
Replacing kitchen sink faucets

Work Completed On 02/15/2017

08/09/2016

Alan B.

I hired the Polite Plumber a few years ago to fix a kitchen drain line that was leaking into my basement (over $800 worth of repairs). Same sink drain literally fell apart a few years later. When I called them on a Thursday evening to order repair service I was asked if it was an emergency. I said no (not an uncontrollable water leak requiring immediate attention), but I said it was urgent. Friday morning came and went, I called the Polite Plumber again and the lady who answered the phone said they’ll call next week to set up an appointment since I said, “it wasn’t important.” I told her that I said it wasn’t “an emergency,” not that “it wasn’t important,” with half the plumbing in my house being disabled, and can’t take off time from work during the week again to meet them (a week without fully working plumbing???). “Polite?” I don’t think so. Do yourself a favor, call someone else. I finally did.

Description of Work
Repair kitchen sink drain line in basement.

Category plumbing, home remodeling, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 07/18/2013

01/11/2016

Cathryn G.

Very well....I was told the plumber would arrive between 2 & 4 PM....I received a call from Kim informing me he was running late and would be here after 3...that was no problem and very considerate of them to keep me up to date. Anthony was the plumber and he explained everything he needed to do and gave me the price up front.

Description of Work
Replaced hot and cold water valves on washing machine.

Work Completed On 01/05/2016

07/24/2015

michael F.

I have used this company several times. Extremely polite, like the name says, over the phone. Unlike many contractors, they provided an exact time range for arrival and called when he was on the way. Upon arrival, Paul scoped out the job and gave a quote. The Polite Plumber runs a lot of coupon specials which you can Google and this chopped $30 off the price. The price was a little high but the work performed is excellent quality. I would rather pay a little more for a plumber that knows what he's doing versus one that doesn't. He identified the issue, showed it to me, then fixed it. He also replaced a kitchen faucet in a small fraction of the time it would have taken me to do it. These are my go-to plumbers. You can't go wrong with these guys.

Description of Work
Repaired leak within master bath and replaced kitchen faucet

Category plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/24/2015

05/11/2015

Kevin D.

He got everything done quickly and explained everything to us.

Description of Work
They fixed the gas line on my stove.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Work Completed On 03/11/2015

12/10/2014

Andrew K.

what a pleasure, i had a problem with banging pipes since i had a new boiler installed by another plumber a year ago. the other plumber gave up and was not interested in helping any more so i called the polite plumber they came when they said they would after looking over thought they knew what the problem was but my main shut off was frozen and had to get the township to shut off in the road so scheduled another appointment. again came when the said they would . the plumber Paul was knowledgeable and is a very nice guy did what the said at the agreed price was fast and clean work i will call them again and would recommend them to anybody they get a A rating from me

Description of Work
installed 2 valves

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Work Completed On 12/10/2014

11/10/2014

Jerry C.

We had issues not with the plumber, but with the actual parts from Hansgrohe, so we ended up footing another 500 in labor charges to reinstall the same valve twice. The original cost was 800. But, it's not the plumber's fault. They were prompt, and worked as planned. We had originally brought in another Angie's list plumber, and the base price was 3k up front, and some more for parts!

Description of Work
Replaced the Hansgrohe valve and cartridge to the leaking shower.

Work Completed On 11/03/2014

08/23/2014

michael F.

The plumber arrived exactly when they said. Took a look at the job and provided a fixed price for the work. He described exactly what needed to be done and I asked him to get to work. The plumber (believe his name was Aaron) really knew what he was doing and was a nice guy. Finished up in about an hour and everything works perfectly. I would use this company again without hesitation and can recommend them to anyone in Morris County looking for a fair reliable plumbing service.

Description of Work
Installed water line for ice maker.

Work Completed On 08/22/2014

06/21/2014

Susan C.

It cost $75 extra for a Saturday call out. I used a Val Pack coupon and saved $30. The technician Paul was knowledgeable and polite, and spent some extra time after the work was completed answering questions about water softeners, and he provided options through his company and even directed me to other companies that could provide water softener rentals. Service was fast and, need i say, POLITE.

Description of Work
Removed a leaking pressure reducer off the main water supply into my house and replaced it with a new one.

Category plumbing, water softeners

Work Completed On 06/21/2014

12/23/2013

Lisa V.

Wonderful, office staff were very helpful - plumber who wwent to house was professional - fast - it was a pleasure!

Description of Work
diagnosed leak and replaced toilet supply line

Work Completed On 12/17/2013

10/29/2013

Philip L.

Very happy with the service. Technician was on time almost to the minute, friendly and fixed the problem quickly. Would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Fix clog in toilet

Work Completed On 04/02/2013

09/03/2013

Thomas P.

Work was done well but cost seemed high.

Description of Work
Replaced shut off valve in bathroom

04/16/2013

Vishal P.

I would recommend the The Polite Plumber.

Description of Work
The Polite Plumber fixed a leak for $250 dollars.

Work Completed On 04/15/2012

01/24/2013

Marisa F.

Was put on hold for 15 minutes, hung up and called someone else

Description of Work
Needed a plumber to fix a leak in the shower

Work Completed On 01/17/2013

We reviewed our phone records for January 17, 2013 and our records show that there was no incoming phone conversation that exceeded 8 minutes during our normal business hours. Although I do not know the exact time of ths call, we did review 83 calls which were received that day. We have no way to cross reference the Members number since we do not have it.

01/04/2013

Beverly S.

After finally getting an estimate (free), the prices were at least double what others charge.

Description of Work
Estimate of $285 to install kit faucet, customer supplied faucet.

Work Completed On 12/06/2012