We accept remote payment

The Peaks Pet Nanny, LLC

Founded 2004 • With Angi since June 2010

949 HUNTERS RDG

Lake Hopatcong, NJ 07849

Your Pet's Happiness, Is Our Business The Peaks Pet Nanny, established in 2004, is family owned and operated. We have proudly serviced over 1,500 clients with an outstanding team of 50+ amazing Pet Nannies and is a leader in the pet sitting industry in Northern NJ. The Peaks Pet Nannies is a

01/17/2018

Tara S.

Theresa did a wonderful job of caring for our dog and bird while we were away. She kept us updated on our beloved dog and walked her three times a day as we requested. We were able to enjoy our time with our family and did not have to subject our older dog to extra stress by placing her in a kennel. She loves Theresa and so do we! Thank you Theresa, Gina and Patric for your most excellent care and service.

Description of Work
I contacted Patric and Gina and made a reservation for pet sitting for our bird and dog. They have a very easy reservation system and allow you to choose the number of visits you require for your pets. We requested Theresa. She has helped us many times in the past and is always so kind and helpful.

Category pet sitters

Thank you for this wonderful review! We are absolutely thrilled to see your feedback and grateful for it! This means a lot to us, your Pet Nanny Theresa, and our entire team! Much Appreciation, Patric & Gina Brugna

12/21/2017

Babiche S.

Wonderfully. Careful and warm, I was sent a couple of texts just to let me know how my girl was doing.

Description of Work
Pet sitting for my 22 year old, blind cat.

Category pet sitters

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We were delighted to read it and appreciate your kind feedback. Warmest Regards, Gina & Patric Brugna

09/06/2017

Babiche S.

My "nannys" (a husband and wife) were great. My cat was content when I got home and she was treated well.

Description of Work
In a hurry, I needed care for my old blind cat for ten days.

Category pet sitters

Thank you for the great comment and rating! We are thrilled to know that you are pleased with our service!

05/30/2017

Suzanne M.

Better than we even hoped. One of our cats was never seen by our last pet sitter, and by the 9th day that same cat was a purring love machine with Sandy. Every morning we got a text update with photos, which went a long way to easing our minds about how things were going. Everything was done just as we asked, and my orchids and other plants were just fine. It helps that Sandy is a compassionate rescuer of cats herself. We're very happy with the service.

Description of Work
Caring for three cats in our absence for 11 days.

Category pet sitters

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a positive review! We value your feedback and truly appreciate knowing you were pleased with our service.

08/22/2016

Tara S.

Gosia was wonderful!!!! Normally, the pet sitters just leave a note but I asked her to please text/imessage or email me since we were out of the country. Gosia updated me daily and was so kind, thorough and attentive. We were all so worried about our dog we almost cancelled our vacation. Gosia updated us daily with a brief text and a photo of our dog. She gave our cockatiel fresh food and water daily and even cleaned her cage before we arrived! Gosia kept us updated on Seiko's medication, her improving health and her little walks with Seiko. We are so very grateful to her for all her help and her excellent care of our dog, Seiko and our bird, Tickle. We arrived home to find Seiko so happy and her health is much improved thanks to Gosia and her love and care!!! Having Gosia come to the house and knowing we could entrust our beloved pets to her instead of a kennel made all the difference in the emotional and physical health of our beloved dog and bird. We cannot even begin to thank her for all the love, attention and care she gave to Seiko and Tickle. Thank you, Gosia and The Peaks Pet Nanny for all your care and assistance. We are so very grateful to Gina, Patric and Gosia!

Description of Work
I needed someone very special to care for our beloved dog while we were on our last family vacation before our daughter goes off to college. We have a 13 year old dog who is very attached to my daughter and our family and who gets depressed every time we go away. Our situation was more complicated in that our dog was suffering from a reduced immunity and needed medication three times a day as well as a special person to comfort her while we were away. I called The Peaks Pet Nanny and spoke with Gina and Patric and explained my situation to them. I told them that our vet had recommended that we go on our vacation and try to find a special person to come and visit our dog and let her stay at home in familiar surroundings so she could continue to get stronger and healthier. I also told them about our pet bird who would need to be fed as well. They called me back and told me that Gosia was going to come and meet with me and my dog, Seiko. Gosia came and I gave her the completed Dog Profile and Client Profile and walked her through the medication and extra care my dog and bird would need. She was warm, professional and attentive and told me she would update me throughout our vacation and that she would take good care of our dog and bird. I arranged for Gosia to visit our house 3 times a day from Sunday to Sunday. There was an extra cost for weekend visits which we were glad to pay.

Category pet sitters, dog walkers

02/20/2015

Lori G.

They were ok. I don’t think they have enough personnel. I needed them for 2 dogs and I had a cat that stays in another room. They were going to send a person, who knew about all kinds of animals, one time but I decided not to do that. They were fine with that. She didn't have a lot of experience with cats. I had my cat in another room and gave her instructions in case the cat came out. She didn't anticipate disasters. She was very good with the dogs. I would use them again if I had more choices on caretakers The price was competitive.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal for dog sitting my 2 dogs.

02/03/2015

Laura E.

They're just really trustworthy. I like them a lot. They're very affordable and flexible.

Description of Work
I have found a pet sitter called The Peaks Pet Nanny.

05/19/2014

Ann K.

I cannot say enough good things about Peaks Pet Nanny. The person who would be taking care of my cat did a pre-consultation and learned all the details of my cat's food, medications, and daily habits. She kept in touch with me via text and left a full report for me on my return. She also brought in mail and watered some plants. I was just so pleased with how well everything went. The service may be a little more expensive than some others, but it is worth it for the exceptional services and care provided. I chose this service based on rave reviews from friends, and I am so glad to have found Peaks Pet Nanny. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Peaks Pet Nanny took care of my cat while I was on vacation, visiting twice a day.

04/10/2014

Laren B.

I just adopted two kittens, and they were under four months each when I had to go out of town. So I called Gina, and she was able to arrange for Robin to come to my home for a free consultation. It didn't take long for me to know she was a really big cat person, and had experience with a lot of different situations. The kittens seemed to like her too, so I agreed to the contract (which was VERY well thought out, complete with care contingency plans in case of weather, a delay in my return, etc.). Then I showed her what to do. She asked if I would like to receive photos of the kittens via my phone while I was gone, and of course I did. Then the day before I was to leave, the younger kitten developed conjunctivitis and needed medication via eye drops. I was quite panicky because it was the weekend, and I wasn't certain that I could get ahold of anyone to talk about this needed change to their care. But Gina answered my email pretty quickly and told me this would not be a problem, and there wouldn't even be an extra charge for it. She suggested that I leave a note for Robin with the eye drops and instructions, and Gina would advise her of the change. So I did, and left my cell phone number in case she had any questions. Shortly after my plane landed, Robin did call. The first thing she said was, and quot;Nothing is wrong. Everything is fine. I just have a question.and quot; I REALLY appreciated that she said that first, because once I had a petsitter care for an aging cat with congestive heart failure and she called and rambled on for what seemed like an eternity before I determined that the cat was fine, but she was having trouble with the keyless entry. I almost had a heart attack during that time, so it was wonderful to have Robin cut to the chase first. She just wanted to clarify when I said and quot;left eyeand quot; did that mean my left, or the kitten's left just to be absolutely clear. I was happy she asked, rather than just assuming, especially since that wasn't part of anything I had shown her, and I was a bit frazzled when I left the note. After that, she sent pictures when she stopped by to care for them. When I arrived home, I had a nice and quot;diaryand quot; of each visit. I could tell that she really had spent time with them because she described things about them that I had not told her. She even gave me an idea for a new game to play with them based on what she was doing to engage them in play even while doing the and quot;choreand quot; part of their care. I would not hesitate to use this company again because of the excellent care and customer service I received.

Description of Work
Care for two kittens twice a day, including feeding, watering, litter box cleanup, "accident" cleanup, playtime, treats and applied eye drops for one of the kittens. She also took our mail in each day.

03/03/2014

Barbara R.

I thought that the biggest problem was going to be my special needs asthmatic kitty who required daily inhaler treatments, however, Deb, my pet nanny, handled that situation perfectly. I thought that our hibernating tortoise would be a breeze and not a problem at all. Wouldn't you know it, our tortoise decided to come out of hibernation early and made the 'great escape'. Deb found her and put her back where she belonged without a hitch. Deb kept in contact with us and gave us daily reports and updates including pictures! This was our first experience with Pet Nanny's and I can honestly tell you I am so VERY happy with the services. My pets are my world. They are my children. And when I say that I trust Pet Nanny's - that is not a statement I make lightly. Thank you Pet Nanny's and Deb... You are truly a blessing. I HIGHLY recommend them...

Description of Work
Took care of five cats, three birds and a tortoise.

Category pet sitters

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review on our behalf. We greatly appreciate your feedback and it gives us great joy to know our client's our pleased!

06/03/2013

Jocelyn B.

During the initial meet up, the cats took well to a stranger in the house. Even my very scared rescue was nearby and interested. While we were away, Tammi brought in the mail, spent time with the cats, and made sure everyone got attention. The only issue was that my one cat, who has an extreme dislike of strangers, especially when my husband and I have been out of town for a while, sprayed the shower curtain and corners in the kitchen. I would not expect her to notice unless she inspected the areas. But that was an interesting and quot;welcome homeand quot;. Next time, we will be more specific on how to monitor the cats so they do not get out of hand.

Description of Work
Took care of my 5 cats. One required ear medication, and another has severe allergies that needed to be monitored. Feeding was automatic; however, water and litter box cleaning was necessary.

Category pet sitters

Dear [member name removed], Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review on our behalf. We greatly appreciate your feedback and it gives us great joy to know our client's our pleased! Next time, we can look for any areas a kitty might mark, it is our policy to clean any accidents accordingly :)

08/10/2012

Veronica I.

I was seeking to use this company for pet sitting services based on other client reviews. However, even with 3 to 4 weeks advance notice, the company was not able to be available for services (due to both pet nanny and client vacations). My disappointment results from the poor response time that it took for the company to return my calls - it took a week for them to advise me that they are not available for hire on the required date (first contact by me was on a Sunday morning - after a couple of reminder calls from me and 2 actual phone calls, they advised of the lack of availability on Friday mid morning). Due to the delay in returned phone calls, I am not sure how comfortable I would be to reach out to them in the future to care for my pets. Perhaps they are simply not taking on new clients, but I did not feel they wanted my business.

Description of Work
Was seeking pet sitting services for 2 cats for 2 times per day over 3 to 4 days

Category pet sitters

We apologize we were not able to provide assistance for your pet sitting needs at that time. We always try to assist new clients to the best of our abilities. Especially during the summer months (our busy season) requesting service for the first time may require more lead time for us to consult with the pet nannies that service a client's location and try to arrange and schedule 1.) a new client consultations 2.) confirm pet nanny's availability to cover all the visits requested. Our office will ask every available pet nanny (that location permits) to assist with a new client until we can confirm coverage. During this time, we stay in touch and advise of our progress. It is always best to contact the Office in advance if requesting a new client consultation. Once we have completed the new client consultation, keys and all information is securely filed - future scheduling is a cinch, especially with our online scheduling system and automated invoicing.

08/02/2011

Jennifer S.

I have been a client of the Peaks Pet Nanny for two years. They have watched our dogs and cats when we go away for a weekend, or for a longer vacation. I was a pet sitter myself for several years, so I am very picky about who takes care of my home and pets when I am away! After interviewing several local companies, I chose Peaks because 1) their rates were competitive 2) the owner answered my detailed questions without hesitation and within my expectations, and perhaps most importantly, 3) the nanny that came to meet us and our pets established a good rapport with them from the beginning and I felt comfortable leaving them in her hands. Not every nanny that we interviewed was able to fit in with our crew. The daily reports that she leaves for us are nice to come home to. We find out what our pets have been up to while we were gone! I have two large dogs that can be a handful, and I show cats as a hobby and occasionally do rescue, so while the number of dogs remains stable there have been times where there were 4 cats here and times when there were 14 cats here. They are very kind in the office about my ever changing numbers, and the nanny is highly tolerant of being greeted enthusiastically by so many animals every time she tries to come in the door. When I first come home from a long trip, for a couple of days I notice that at about the usual time in the day when the nanny would come, the dogs are listening for her car, checking out the windows to see if she is coming, clearly waiting for her! This is the best recommendation for her services that anyone could give. We use Peaks on average twice a year for extended trips and 3-4 times a year for shorter/weekends. Very recently we had a family emergency which required me to travel 350 miles away at a moment's notice, to be gone for an unknown period of time. I had to put in a desperate call to the answering service late in the night and hope someone would receive my message and be able to come with nothing resembling advance notice. Thankfully, this is exactly what happened. The staff was professional and compassionate with our situation and made us feel like the last thing on earth we needed to worry about was our pets. And that is the main reason one should hire a pet sitter in the first place.

Description of Work
Dog sitting, cat sitting, dog walking

Category pet sitters, dog walkers

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review on our behalf. We greatly appreciate your feedback and it gives us great joy to know our client's our pleased! Thanks Again for your support!

12/07/2010

Kathleen D.

This pet nanny service is excellent! Never having to leave my pups in a non-relatives care before I was nervous but after an initial consultation there were no worries. My own nanny even sat on the floor with the pups to get to know them better. Very thorough information gathering and prompt email replys. My dogs were in great hands while I was away and seemed very content when I returned. I will definately use them again.

Description of Work
Daily visits for care for my 2 dogs. Required feeding, letting out, walking and attention given to both dogs.

Category pet sitters, kennels, dog walkers

Thank you so much for your feedback! Our goal is to treat all our "furry clients" like our own - lavish them with lots of love and attention! But also to treat our client's - like we want to be treated. We are entrusted with your two prized possessions - your pets and your home - we take out pet sitting commitments very seriously and pay very close attention to all details. Thank you!

Animal & House Sitting
    Dog Walking
    MasterCard, Check, Visa, PayPal, American Express, Discover

Daily Dog Walking, Pet Sitting for Dogs, Cats, Birds, other Small Pets. Over-Night Care and Home Security Care.

We do not kennel or board client's pets in our homes. Our philosophy is to keep pets in their own environment, with familiar sights, smells, and their normal routine.