Sampson Painting LLC

Founded 1983 • With Angi since April 2011

Established in 1983, we are a small, local company providing interior/exterior painting and woodworking services for over 30 years. We offer competitive pricing and customer satisfaction is our number one priority! We proudly service areas within Monmouth County, Ocean County, and Middlesex County, along with a few areas within Burlington County and Mercer County. We offer free estimates, so give us a call today! (The number listed on our profile is our Angie’s List tracking number that routes to our primary office phone number, which is 732-833-9233. If you prefer to text, please text 908-670-2966)...

Photo 1

+18 more images

interior painting (25)house painting (7)wallpaper hanger (5)drywall (5)woodworking (3)home remodeling (1)tile installation (1)

09/01/2021

Edward N.

It went very well! The work was done on time and, as usual, it was completed in top notch fashion!

Description of Work
Painting - Interior

Work Completed On 09/01/2021

09/05/2020

Julie B.

Great and prompt. Courteous.

Description of Work
Repaired step railings and exterior paint trims.

Category woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 09/05/2020

03/20/2020

Ellen D.

Needed painting done quickly in order to sell house. This painter was very responsive We were able to get the job done quickly.

Description of Work
Painting - Interior

Work Completed On 03/18/2020

03/20/2020

jin C.

Excellently

Description of Work
Painting - Interior

Work Completed On 03/20/2020

Thank you, for rating us [Member Name Removed]! It was our pleasure!

11/12/2019

Maria S.

Tim and his crew did a fabulous job overall! Very neat, timely and professional as well as friendly and communicated well through the whole job process with addressing questions and concerns. We had purchased a new home and needed the entire house interior painted including basement and garage. My husband and I greatly appreciate the attention to details and like to commend fine workmanship when it’s due. Thanks Tim, Kim and Crew!

Description of Work
Painting - Interior

Work Completed On 11/04/2019

[Member Name Removed], It was our pleasure to work along side of you with your painting project . Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Enjoy your new home! Tim & Kim Sampson

03/01/2019

Michelle Y.

I love Samson Painting, LLC! This is the second time they have worked on my town house and I am beyond happy with the work. Especially my front door. I didn't know exactly what I wanted, but Tim picked out a door for me and it looks great! And my bathroom is beautiful and blessedly quiet now that the light and fan switches are separate.

Description of Work
New Front Door, Bathrooms Painted, Light Switch Fixed

Category woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/27/2019

12/22/2018

joseph M.

i got an immediate call back, we set up an estimate appointment in a few days, Tim came and evaluated everything and gave us a very fair price. He showed up exactly when he said he would and did all of the work we required. The work was done very professionally, cleanly and we were very satisfied. No issues at all He was a pleasure to work with, and that, combined with high quality work, makes him someone I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Description of Work
we needed trim installed and repaired, and painting done

Category woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/14/2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review . It was a pleasure working with you !

11/15/2017

susan B.

Great, Started and completed the job on time, as he had quoted.

Description of Work
Tim painted the interior of our townhome we purchased, before we moved in. He was very courteous, professional, very nice work, and left house clean after completing the job. Would definitely hire him for future jobs.

Work Completed On 11/07/2017

05/01/2017

Ralph P.

The paint job was spotty. One of the agreed to fixes was missed. The owner and helper did arrive promptly every day and they were extremely careful in cleaning up after themselves. But the paint job itself was not what we expected considering the price we paid.

Description of Work
Interior paint for six rooms, including woodwork, and some minor repairs to woodwork.

Work Completed On 05/01/2017

04/19/2017

Allyson M.

All work done during time and estimate quoted. Even suggested better design for tile work on backsplash. Cleaned up after all jobs.

Description of Work
Remove wall paper, Painting and tile back splash in kitchen renovation. Painted many rooms on different occasions.

Category ceramic tile, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/09/2017

01/08/2017

Neal C.

Excellent each and every time.

Description of Work
I have had Sampson do a. Wry big job at my home an a number of smelt jobs. Each time I used them about 6 times I have been totally satisfied.

Category drywall, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/08/2017

10/25/2016

Richard C.

Tim Sampson does excellent work! He is very professional and efficient! He is thorough and clean. I have called Tim in for all my painting needs. He has painted my home for the last 10 years. I highly endorse Tim! A very pleasant man with an energetic attitude. You will be quite pleased with his work. Give him a call, he is the best!!!!

Description of Work
He painted two of our bedrooms this time and has virtually done the whole house.

Work Completed On 10/25/2016

10/06/2016

Mark L.

Tim arrived on time every day and was able to finish the job in 5 working days. In addition to the painting, this included all the jobs mentioned under "Work That Was Done". All the closed doors were replaced, the pine wall was removed and you cannot tell by looking that the kitchen walls had been repaired. At the end of the job, everything was cleaned up and waste was placed at the curbside for pickup by my local trash company. His price was not the lowest or the highest but I am completely satisfied with the final job and have recommended him to some friends one of which has already hired him. I would hire him again without reservation.

Description of Work
Complete interior painting, including closets. Removal of pine panel wall in living room before painting. Replace metal bifold closed doors with wooden doors. Repair two kitchen walls that were damaged when Formica back splash was removed.

Work Completed On 10/06/2016

09/30/2016

Miles M.

Tim and his worker did a great job. Very professional and easy to do business with. I would be glad have him return for another project.

Description of Work
We converted our garage into a workshop and needed the walls and ceiling repaired and painted.

Work Completed On 09/30/2016

09/07/2016

Judithann V.

Tim was responsive to my initial call and came directly to scope the job and give us a quote. We were scheduled within 3 weeks of that, and Tim arrived at the date and time he said he would. He did a great job! Where finish was mottled due to prior applications he "touched up" the areas to give a smooth, consistent look. Tim was nice to work with, responsive to questions, and did the job exactly the way we wanted it done. He also left the work area immaculate when he was finished both days.

Description of Work
Our 1318 square foot porch and deck needed prior finishes stripped off and a new coat of stain applied.

Category house painters

Work Completed On 09/01/2016

08/28/2016

Janet D.

Tim showed up exactly on time for the estimate, he was courteous and knowledgeable, price very reasonable for the project. Tim and crew were very skilled and precise, couldnt have asked for a better result. They cleaned up at the completion of every workday. Work done promptly on consecutive days.

Description of Work
Exterior painting, two inside rooms crown molding installation and painting

Category wallpaper, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/11/2016

08/23/2016

Scott D.

Everything went as planned. Very professional, Everything was completed as outlined in the contract. Work was completed within the allotted time frame. Extremely happy with Tim and his staff's workmanship. Would recommend highly. I plan on contracting with Tim to remodel our master bathroom.

Description of Work
Remodeled the primary bathroom: from demo to completion. Removed bathtub and installed a five foot shower with multiple spray heads. Painted and wallpapered the bathroom. Spackle living room ceiling which was damaged by ice damming the previous winter. Ceiling and hallway ceiling was painted.

Category drywall, wallpaper, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/01/2015

07/22/2016

Lawrence I.

Everything went great. Tim did an excellent job. Paint job was professional, very neat, very clean. Also discussed color choices for my downstairs and he shared a lot of great ideas of where to use dark and light colors and where to put an accent wall. He gets back to you quickly, shows up when promised and the work is done well with no problems. Could not be happier, and will be using him in the future.

Description of Work
I've used Sampson painting for 3 jobs so far. Painting a bathroom at a house I was selling, and the upstairs at my new house and then later a bathroom at my new house.

Work Completed On 06/29/2016

07/17/2016

Glenn H.

06/18/2016

Doreen G.

I've been using him for a very long time. I always call him back. I never let anyone else paint my house. He does all my outside and inside work even down to the garage door. When he took the wallpaper out of my living room he had so much work to do. He did an amazing job.

Description of Work
He came out and took down a lot of wallpaper and had to do a whole lot of repair. He did a lot of painting with that as well.

Category house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/17/2015

11/16/2015

Daniel R.

Tim, Mike and Henry did an outstanding job. They arrived everyday on time, worked hard with few breaks. Worked through the end of the day and cleaned up well. They were a pleasure to have in our home. The one thing that worked to our advantage was a detailed scope of work. This was a comprehensive document that detailed exactly our expectations from the number of primer coats, number of top coats, type and brand of paint to be used and a list of exactly what work we wanted done. The only aspect of the job we felt could have gone better was the surface preparation. We were fairly explicit in our scope of work that every surface was to be prepared to a level we wanted. This included nail pops, nail holes on trim, dings and gouges. While there was a cursory effort I had to check and double check all the areas I had identified as areas I would have corrected had I done the painting myself. At the end of the day I would mark areas I wanted more attention. To Tim's credit he addressed everyone of the items cheerfully and properly. Most of this had to do with the fact that his crew's work may not have been scrunitized sufficiently. Nature of the beast that the professional has the experience and expertise to do a job to one level. Employees, not necessarily. After final payment was made we discovered a few elements that we missed. Tim came back promptly and fixed each of them. This usually when customers have problems, not here. While his prices were a tad high compared to other bids at the end of the day we got an outstanding paint job at a fair price. We highly recommend Tim. With contractors often the cause of anguish and confrontation Tim is one of the good guys.

Description of Work
Complete paint job of entire home.

Work Completed On 11/12/2015

09/22/2015

Dana L.

On time, clean and very professional!

Description of Work
He painted a bathroom and removed wallpaper, great job!

Category wallpaper, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/18/2015

04/21/2011

Theodore G.

I was very pleased with them. The work done by them was very good. The painter was very professional. He did a clean job. He cleaned up after himself and showed up in a timely fashion. His friendliness, professionalism, punctuality and knowledge were all very good. He was very good. His price was fair, but maybe on the higher side.

Description of Work
I hired Sampson Painting for interior painting and wallpapering in a couple of rooms around October of 2010.

Category wallpaper, interior painters