A Colorful World

Founded 1986 • With Angi since February 2013

We are painters and specialize in custom painting, decorative mouldings, murals, faux finishes like marbleizing, bellagio, venetian plaster, color washing, o’villa plaster and more. If you are interested in getting a fresh new look on the interior of your home, you have come to the right place. Also don’t let the fancy work we do scare you off. Our pricing is not expensive, keep in mind we have to go up against our competition on every quote. What sets us apart from the competition is we also have a background in interior decorating. We offer free color consultations to all of our customers saving them the expense of paying someone to come in and help you pick out colors. This can be an intimidating task, especially if you are painting your entire house. So if you are looking for a truly professional painting company to work with you on every aspect of your job from start to finish, look no further. Give us a call, the estimate is free you have nothing to lose. You can also see our work on Youtube.com or by going to our photo gallery, you may get some great decorating ideas!...

A Service Provider's profile image

+4 more images

interior painting (46)woodworking (3)home remodeling (2)wallpaper removal (2)flooring (2)cabinet refacing (1)house painting (1)tile installation (1)awnings (1)

04/06/2021

Anna T.

11/16/21 Prepaided $950 for service. Attempted to contact over 3 months -left messages-not 1 return call. Reached out to Angie List-transferred to numerous departments-still waiting for resolution!

Description of Work
Interior painting

Work Completed On 11/16/2021

02/26/2021

Alana P.

Tim and Charlene were amazing!!! I can’t say enough about this wonderful duo...Not only were they professional but they were so neat and clean! I would definitely recommend them to anyone who is looking for experienced painters that are reasonably priced. I would absolutely hire them again because their work is sensational!!! Thank you Tim and Char for making my home look beautiful!

Description of Work
They painted every room in my house

Category awnings, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/26/2021

12/21/2020

Rosanne G.

Tim and Shar did such a great job last spring painting and installing a chair rail on my entire second floor that I decided to take Tim's suggestion, that crown molding would complete the picture. I had them back and WOW.....was he right !!! They had the whole job done in a day and a half too!! It looks fabulous. Like I said before. Hire these guys...They know their stuff, and they are as neat as can be.

Description of Work
Crown moldings

Category woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/04/2020

04/30/2020

Rosanne G.

I needed my Kitchen, dining room, Living room and Upstairs hall painted, and have a chair rail installed. Tim and Char did a fantastic job. I could not be more pleased with the results. They are solid professionals with skill and a an eye for style. Do yourself a favor if you need this kind of work, and hire them. I know I will when I need them.

Description of Work
Painting and custom trim installed

Category woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/24/2020

12/26/2019

David G.

I was hosting Christmas Dinner at my house this year, and was running a tight schedule. I needed my kitchen's wallpaper removed and paint redone asap as it was getting old, peeling and fading. I organized a price and a time with Tim and Charlene, and they handled everything perfectly. They came a tad early, finished everything we needed to, stuck to the agreed price, and gave some extra maintenance and style advice! They were dutiful and professional, and I constantly felt like they wanted this to go well for me. Absolutely going to call them next time I need a room painted.

Description of Work
Kitchen painted and wallpaper removed

Category wallpaper removal, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/26/2019

12/26/2019

Jennifer L.

I needed the guestroom painted in a pinch before christmas and Tim and Sharlene were PERFECT. I requested a quote and they were very quick getting back to me and accommodated my time frame. When they came out to the house they were on time and finished the job in a timely manner, no paint anywhere it shouldn't be either!! Very sweet people, would definitely work with them again!

Description of Work
Painting of a bedroom

Work Completed On 12/19/2019

12/21/2019

rayann M.

Tim and Shar did a great job redoing our living room. They were very need and covered everything. Repaired our sheetrock, painted everything. Installed new moldings and a beautiful laminate floor. I'm so happy. I would recommend them to anyone. Absolutely beautiful work!!

Description of Work
Painting, new moldings and flooring

Category flooring contractor, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/18/2019

12/20/2019

Sharlene C.

I was so happy with the two bedrooms we had done. Both room were very dated. We had the old carpet removed and beautiful new laminate floors installed as well as new paint job. Wow I just can't believe what a difference it made. I would never use anyone else!!

Description of Work
Paint and new floors

Category flooring contractor, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/03/2020

11/01/2018

Gerri T.

Very pleased with the work Tim and Charleen did in my home. I had 2 bathrooms painted as well as a laundry room and porch floor done. They are Tim and Charleen are Very professional and were neat and efficient. They responded to my work request quickly and I was able to schedule the job within 2 weeks. I found them to be very fair in their pricing. They installed bead board in my bathroom and it looks great. I couldn’t be more pleased with the way it turned out. Tim was kind enough to hang a new mirror I purchased for the bathroom as well. I highly recommend them and will not hesitate to hire them again.

Description of Work
Painting 2 bathrooms, laundry room, porch floor. Also they installed bead board in one bathroom.

Work Completed On 10/22/2018

12/31/2017

Meshulum G.

It went very well. Both Tim and LeeAnn are excellent painters with good ideas as they go along. They were punctual, clean & worked hard to get the job done.

Description of Work
We needed a few indoor rooms painted and one wall sheetrocked. In one of the rooms we wanted an accent wall. We had one idea and Tim told us to look on his website for more ideas. We actually found an idea & we love how it came out & are getting rave reviews from our family & friends.

Work Completed On 12/31/2017

12/07/2017

Linda A.

Fabulous ! Looks like new cabinets!

Description of Work
Paint kitchen cabinets

Category ceramic tile, interior painters, cabinet refacing

11/08/2017

Theresa C.

Tim was awesome! He worked with my schedule to set-up an evening consultation appointment, & made helpful suggestions & picked up the paint for me (so I could take advantage of his discount). Work was completed skillfully, & on schedule. They painted every room of my 1,000 SF home in 2 days!

Description of Work
Interior painting: (2) bedrooms, living room, dining room/hallway, kitchen, laundry room, bathroom.

Work Completed On 11/01/2017

08/01/2017

David C.

Tim did a great job. He was professional and efficient. The house looks great and his pricing is unbeatable!

Description of Work
Painting of all walls in the Living Room, Family Room, 3 Bedrooms, and Halls

Work Completed On 06/16/2017

07/15/2017

james C.

They did really good work. They did pretty good with painting. They were very clean when they were painting. They also you don't have to move any furniture. They put everything out of the wall, and put in the spot. I don't have to take anything down, or take anything down, like the China. Anything like that. They did a good job. The price was not for material. We provided the materials. Just for the labor, for three days they were here.

Description of Work
We provided the paint. They did painting. They did two bedrooms, living room, kitchen, and dining room.

Work Completed On 06/25/2017

06/08/2017

Jason M.

Tim and his team did a great job. They showed up on time and everything looks great! I will be using them again in the future.

Description of Work
We needed 4 rooms painted.

Work Completed On 06/06/2017

05/09/2017

Sharlene C.

Tim did a great job. He got right back to me when I called. He came out and did an estimate right away. His pricing was great and I had him do the work. He showed up on time, was very neat and did a great job!! I can't believe how good my entry and stairs look. It was just amazing!! I will call him again for any work I need done, one of the best contractors I have ever worked with. Thank you so much!!

Description of Work
Paint my entry, staircase and hallways. Install chair rail and shadow boxes below.

Work Completed On 04/17/2017

04/23/2017

t G.

Outstanding work! Assisted in choosing colors, professional, clean-up, would hire again.

Description of Work
faux painted living room and dining room. Repainted hallways, ceilings

Work Completed On 02/27/2017

03/27/2017

James C.

Not well. Paid through Angie's list, and was told A Colorful World had received our contact info and should be in touch. We waited a week and had to reach out ourselves. After 3rd message the owner finally called and said they were going through some family trouble, which we decided to be understanding about. Owner came out for the estimate one evening and gave us a good quote - everything seemed okay. Then we found out we would have to wait for 3 weeks (taking us past the holidays) due to scheduling, but if we had been slotted when we paid, we would have gotten in before. The the 1st day of painting they were late, but did additional work so we felt it worked out. I made an effort to state we did not want to see any little dots from paint spatter, and I was assured we would see none. The day seemed to go well, so we scheduled the 2nd day. This was where it really went down hill. They showed up late, did not bring paint we agreed on because they did not have time (after suggesting they would get it at a better price). Then they made mistakes and left early stating they had a quote to do, when they told me they could not work weekends because that is when they do quotes. We have to fix where they got paint spatter on our new bedroom furniture. All in all we would never have them back - bad experience.

Description of Work
Needed painting of several rooms, including a Living Room, Kitchen, Master Bed-Room, Master Bath and Closet. Paid for 2 days of time (16 hours) for 2 people. Saw great reviews but 1-2 poor reviews. Decided the proportion of good reviews out-weighed the bad ones.

Work Completed On 12/22/2016

I like to respond to anyone that does not have a positive experience with our work as there are few and far between. It is impossible to correct any problems if the customer does not communicate with me about a problem before leaving a review. However in reading the complaint there were quite a few inaccuracy's. Mr. [Member Name Removed] booked work with us on Angie's list on 11/2/16. I did have a death in the family that slowed my response time in getting back to him witch is not the norm but, was out of my control however, it made no difference in my booking dates. He was having a party and needed dates that were already filled before he even made his purchase. I even tried to call the customers I had booked already to see if anyone could move back to fit him before his party but was not able to. We did not show up late on ether day. We completed the work that was agreed the first day we were there and then some. The second day he scheduled us to paint the walls only in the master bedroom and a large walk in closet. The closet was a complete mess making it difficult to paint. There were boxes, and clothes everywhere even a bed on the floor making it very hard to work in. After completing both rooms Mr. [Member Name Removed] decides he wants to paint the ceiling in the closet as we are starting to clean up at the end of the day. There was no mistake in picking up the paint, we did not have ceiling paint as we were not supposed to be doing ceilings upstairs. That is something that needs to be decided up front as the ceilings should be done first before the walls as it takes much more time to do them after the walls are painted. Also we did not have enough time left in the day or the paint to do it. I'm not sure what he is taking about with the weekends. I paint Monday through Friday. Lastly we cover everything with drop cloths and clean up thoroughly at the end of each job as noted in just about every review. We are very clean and neat. If there was something we missed why was I not made aware?

03/23/2017

Rich A.

Tim came and gave me quote to paint half of our house, mainly the common areas. We provided the paint. Tim (owner) and LeeAnn were polite, professional, and extremely talented painters. Absolutely no tape involved and their line work is fantastic. Barely any mess at all, and they cleaned up after themselves after each day. Great job and a very reasonable price. Will definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Painted half of house: foyer, hallway, family room, dining room, kitchen, mud room. Walls, trim, and doors

Work Completed On 03/23/2017

02/13/2017

Kristin E.

Service took only 3 days to complete entire interior painting of ceilings and walls. Tim was very professional and prompt. He also went beyond what was originally requested by helping out with some molding and an electrical outlet. I would definitely use again if needed.

Description of Work
Painting interior walls of house.

Work Completed On 11/17/2016

02/12/2017

Michele C.

We have a 2 story new construction home in Bayville with builders grade paint. I called Tim to get a quote for 2 bedrooms since previous companies came in much too high for the entire house. Tim provided his quote for the entire house and I hired him on the spot. He was able to begin the project quickly and even came out prior to the start of the project to discuss ideas and provide his expertise on colors. Tim picked a few colors for our open floor plan on the first level that worked beautifully. It made each space unique but they worked together so that they didn't clash. He said the project would take a week and him and his partner Leigh Ann completed it on time and it looks amazing. I have not one bad thing to say and would definitely hire him again in the future especially since he mentioned he does more than painting like craft molding and chair railings.

Description of Work
An entire house painted.

Work Completed On 01/23/2017

01/04/2017

Dom D.

Awesome job spent the time to do it right !!!

Description of Work
Painted dining room living room hallways up and down stairs bedroom ceiling and playroom ceiling

Work Completed On 01/04/2017