Classic Fence & Landscape

Founded 2011 • With Angi since September 2012

494 Cottonwood Ct

Howell, NJ 07731

Classic Fence & Landscape is a owner operated company to ensure proper installation of any job from start to finish. I pride my company on cleanliness, professionalism, efficiency and most importantly attention to detail. Billing procedures are based on a 50% deposit and the remaining balance of any job will be due upon completion. Mention Angies list and recieve exclusive discounts, discounts vary upon job type. Thank you for taking the time to look at my ad and I look forward to speaking with you....

06/21/2018

Tony A.

On 5/10/18 John at Classic Fence and Landscape estimated the job and promised in 4 weeks or sooner (stated it was a simple job) to replace my rear fence and I gave him $600 deposit. John kept putting off the job, never showed up on the date he stated he was going to do the work and didn't answer my phone calls. When I finally talked to John he states its not that day its the other day trying to confuse you (5 1/2 weeks in at that point). On 6/16/18 I requested my deposit mailed back within 3 days. As of today I'm 6 weeks into this, no fence installed and he refuses to send back my $600 deposit.

Description of Work
Replace rear fence

Category fencing

Reviews like this Angie’s has to filter and contact the company to see if this is valid. I contacted the above client and tried to install the fence a week prior from his installation date which wasn’t good for him. We when talked on the phone trying to come up with a date he started screaming and cursing at me and I was more than happy to fully refund him. I actually called [Member Name Removed] back after he hung up on me responding that I would drop off his refund In his mailbox within hours of the conversation he responded “no somebody will steal it out of my mailbox” same day check was sent out and he cashed as soon as he received it I’m sure. I will pull up check numbers on my mobile banking and hopefully I can upload a picture of the cashed check. Guys like you give good contractors like myself a bad name. This is a shame.

04/30/2018

craig O.

perfect. did a great job once it all started.

Description of Work
fence removal

06/05/2017

Richard S.

Excellent. Great work. Very very happy.

Description of Work
A backyard fence. Wood with black chain link.

04/10/2017

HENRY V.

I did not go through with the service yet.

Description of Work
They gave me a quote for a new fence.

04/04/2017

Beverly G.

It didn't..asked for my money back....still waiting for my refund as no services performed.

Description of Work
Paid for service, never got a confirmed date...kept waiting...

Category fencing

We are very sorry due to your scheduling issue that we couldn't get together and then when We tried to schedule an appointment for you We had no response. Unfortunately I don't handle the refunds so that is something that you have to handle directly with Angie's list you pay them and then they pay us thank you and good luck with your fence project!

02/16/2017

Philip F.

It was very good. They were professional, they were easy to work with and gave great service.

Description of Work
They installed new gates to enter back of the lawn.

Category driveway gates

Thank you [Member Name Removed]it was my pleasure and you are a great customer as well.

02/05/2017

Antonio G.

John showed up on time as discussed earlier. Fence looks great, takes pride in what he does making sure everything is installed correctly. Will definitely use again and refer to friends of mine.

Description of Work
40ft Cedar Fence

Category fencing

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. I appreciate your business!!! I'm happy to make your backyard safe from the dogs next door!!

01/06/2017

Vinod N.

Category fencing

Thank you [Member Name Removed] I appreciate the business!

07/14/2016

Trish A.

Description of Work
They took down our old fence and put up a new privacy fence. Finished in one day. Looks good.

Category fencing

Thank you for the business [Member Name Removed]!!

06/21/2016

marty K.

06/13/2016

Gail D.

The company has very poor communication and follow up. I purchased a $99.00 Big Deal for a fence tune up on May 18th and received and email from Classic Fence on July 5th to schedule the work. I attempted to contact the company several times during the period and had no success. The services were not performed and consequently received a refund from Angie's List. Its unfortunate because I need my fence repaired and would have purchased additional services.

Description of Work
Fence maintenance

06/02/2016

Miriam M.

The service turned out okay. He never finished and he said that he was going to come back. I told him I would pay more if he comes back and finish it. I have not heard anything since. The cost was $99 and I think it would have cost another $200 to do the repair work that I asked him to do. He was a little bit rough around the edges for me as a person. He was very gruff and not very friendly. He could have followed-up, tell me that he can definitely do the extra work, and to be back in a timely fashion to do it. The price was good.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for Classic Fence & Landscape. They did a little bit of repair work on the fence.

06/02/2016

elizabeth a M.

05/27/2016

Michael S.

Description of Work
They came and replaced broken fence slats. In addition, after seeing my property, they recommended a new fence gate latch which I needed and gladly paid for. I appreciated the recommendation.

05/09/2016

Brianna Z.

Wonderful experience. John and his crew were professional and the job was done in 1 day. The quality of their work is excellent and I will be using them in the future for all of my fencing needs! A+ all around!!

Description of Work
Removal of old fence and replacement of vinyl fencing

Category fencing

Thank you for the business [Member Name Removed] we greatly appreciate it. The fence came out great and I hope you enjoy it!!

04/23/2016

Edward K.

It went great. Classic fence found identical white cedar fence components and did the job in less than ten days after signing up for their fence fixing big deal. The price was fair. I would use them again.

Description of Work
He patched our back fence which needed two new posts five new slats and a reattachment of one section.

04/15/2016

Vinod N.

Description of Work
Repaired fence

04/08/2016

Pamela M.

Our fence was quite old and Classic Fence and Landscaping handled it very gently-they even had suggestions in terms of what we could do to make the ending points of the fence line (where we would have had to buy new materials) look pleasing without adding any additional costs. We have had two other service providers work on fencing areas on our property in the years past and none could compare to the outcome we have experienced with Classic Fence...wish we found them sooner! For all you animal lovers-please note that this work was done on the property of a non profit dog rescue facility. And, the owner of the business is a rescuer of animals, and as such when I explained that the old fencing had a bit of barbed wire embedded and I was always worried that if a dog got off leash and ran to the end of the property line they (and any wildlife) might get hurt by the wire. The business owner immediately said "I'll take care of that for you" and proceeded to take the time to remove all the barbed wire as a courtesy.....and that was not even part of the deal. We hope to have this vendor back to do other areas of our property as well.

Description of Work
One of Angie's List "Big Deals" was running from this service provider-the deal offered $99.00 for fence repairs. We have a very old, rustic rail and post fence at the edge of our property line which we wanted to repair and maintain in it's original condition. Classic Fence and Landscaping listened very carefully as to what we wanted to accomplish and repaired it exactly to our request.

04/03/2016

Anthony G.

John was professional, responsive, and the work was performed well. I would definitely use him in the future.

Description of Work
Repaired fence pickets, fixed and adjusted gates

Category fencing, driveway gates

Thank you [Member Name Removed] I appreciate the business please let me know if your looking for any other fence work in the future I will talk to you soon and enjoy your home!

03/02/2016

Rosalia M.

Had a couple of quotes. He wasn't the cheapest but was able to do it right away. Im happy with the service that he provided. It Looks great!

Description of Work
John and His Team removed my old fence and replaced with new wood fence. Old fence was falling apart and was in need of replacement.

11/17/2015

Janet S.

I called John to set up a date/time for an estimate for new vinyl fencing on the front area of my yard (we have chain-link fence from the 1970s that is in pretty bad shape). He responded to my call very quickly and we set up a date/time for a look at the scope of the job. He came at the appointed time (he even called ahead of time to let me know he was on his way) looked over the job and took the appropriate measurements. He was very courteous and professional. He emailed me an estimate at a very reasonable price (I had gotten 2 other estimates). Unfortunately, my family and I determined that other jobs around the house and property should be completed first before we get a new partial fence. I would definitely be calling John when we are actually able to complete this project (hopefully next year).

Description of Work
Estimate for a new vinyl fence (front of house only)

10/21/2015

Denise M.

Description of Work
Removed old fence and replaced with new vinyl fence. I would definitely recommend. professional, prompt, cleaned up all debris.

08/09/2013

LAWRENCE R.

No problem he arrived on time. Did his work. we were on a tight time schedule due to rain delays. He finished his work as the Gazebo was delivered. He came back the next day to put 3/4 inch stone around the Base and put the fence back up. No mess was left behind. He was recommended to us by the Gazebo company..

Description of Work
John took part of my fence down so a Gazebo could be delivered. Then He built a 12x16 Oval base for my Gazebo.

Category driveway gates

Thank you [member name removed] enjoy the Gazebo everything looks great!!

Pave Master Construction

Pave Master Construction LLC consists of 30 years of experience for all of your hardscape needs.

Tomasso Contracting Inc

Tomasso Contracting has been in business since 1998. We specialize in all types of masonry construction, including but not limited to custom fireplaces, hardscape yard projects including grills, pool decks, fireplaces, walls and piers. We also do full scale foundation and custom flat work using concrete, stone and pavers; as well as interior work of fireplaces and decorative stone and brick work. In addition to new build design, we can also perform all types of masonry repair, including cleaning and sealing. DBA- Michael Tomasso Contracting, Inc.

Jersey Shore Awning

Custom residential and commercial awnings manufactured and installed. We provide seasonal services as well as repairs and cleanings. Outdoor patios can be covered with fixed frame patio canopies or retractable awnings.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

We specialize in all types of fencing including vinyl, custom wood, chainlink, aluminum, railings and guardrails. Landscape services offered are snow removal, mulch, stone, topsoil, lawn care, deck refinishing, pavers and spring/fall cleanups. Sunsetter retractable awnings are also available for installation.