Bergen IT LLC

Founded 2000 • With Angi since August 2011

42 Henry St

Glen Rock, NJ 07452

Bergen IT is a client-focused, full-service tech support company for businesses, professionals, and homeowners in the northern New Jersey/NYC area. With nearly 30 years of experience we are able to provide personal attention, reasonable rates and top-notch expertise. Businesses and homeowners save time and money and achieve peace of mind by coming to us for all their computer, mobile device, audio, video, and home-theater needs. Call us at 201-689-1823 to find out about our reasonable rates. Also serving Midtown & Upper Manhattan....

10/24/2018

Donna V.

The services were very thorough as well as completed in a timely manner. As always, we are very satified with the timeliness of the response to the initial call to completion of the service. Thank you Bergin IT for always being so professional and attentive!

Description of Work
Our computer kept dropping the network. Costa Rodis came in and took care of the problem, explaining exactly what happend and a possible cause.

Category computer repair

Thank you very much for this review! We really appreciate it. Bergen IT knows that work demands don't stop just because your tech equipment does. We try our best to alleviate tech frustration and bottlenecks in a timely, efficient, and effective manner. And we communicate with you in plain English (no geek speak) about what the issues are, and answer any questions you might have. We speak Your language.

10/24/2018

Cheryl K.

Everything on our list was done! Costa, our technician was very patient setting everything up properly. He then took his time testing everything before leaving.

Description of Work
Set up entire podcast system; fix internet issues; set up house speaker system

Category home theater design, computer repair

Thanks so much for this positive review! We appreciated the opportunity to work with you. The worlds of traditional IT services and home entertainment have melded, and Bergen IT serves this range of needs. We can: significantly improve the wireless connectivity in homes and offices; install TVs and sound systems in any room of a residential or commercial space; customize gaming computers and even set up audio recording for podcasting.

10/23/2018

Richard B.

Bergen I.T is worth the hire. They are professional, courteous, prompt and get the job done. We have a physical office and two remote employees. We have both new equipment and also very old equipment (AS400 Server, DOS printers. Ridiculous, right?) Bergen was able to help us upgrade, install, set up two remote employee stations, transfer our AS400 to a cloud server and more... (still in the process of more upgrades.) I have yet to throw a job at Bergen IT that they could not handle. Bergen has done more in the last year than our prior I.T company did in 12 years. They are also very neat with their work, especially wiring. Overall, I have had no issues with this company and recommend them to any and all that are looking for a reliable I.T company.

Description of Work
Server maintenance, General office I.T needs, complicated needs etc.

Category computer repair

Thanks so much for this review! We greatly appreciate it. Bergen IT works with small businesses on the variety of tech challenges they encounter. Our assistance includes: serving as the out-sourced Chief Technical Officer (CTO) providing strategic assistance and planning; providing managed services such as 24/7 security monitoring and remote help desk support; working on-site as the tech handyman fixing a range of problems. We are happy to help!

08/30/2018

J R.

I had a terrific experience with Bergen IT and would highly recommend their services!

Description of Work
I recently purchased a new computer and needed assistance with transferring files. Bergen IT responded immediately to my request and a meeting was secured within 24 hours. I am a teacher and also needed help with understanding how to use some new programs that I will be using at school this year, such as Audacity. I wanted to learn this during the summer before the school year started and Bergen IT was amazing!

Category computer repair, computer training

Thanks very much for this great review. We really appreciate it, and were happy to provide you with computer support and training. Bergen IT's patient team members are happy to work with and train our clients so that they become comfortable and proficient using hardware and software. All the best in this new school year!

05/01/2017

Griff J.

Very well. They have performed on-site and remote services for us.

Description of Work
Maintain business and personal computer systems.

Category computer repair

Thanks so much for this great review. We appreciate it!

04/25/2017

Frances K.

It went very well. Costa suggested a computer and printer that met my needs and efficiently installed everything. He is knowledgeable and trustworthy.

Description of Work
Installation of new computer and printer

Category computer repair

Thanks so much for posting this review. Our focus is on meeting your needs Getting you set up with the right equipment is key, and so is being able to communicate well with our clients. Trust is something that we take very seriously, and it means a lot that you noted this. We appreciate it!

03/18/2017

Sylvia G.

Bergen IT made it easy. Costa Rodis expertly, patiently and reassuringly provided the service I needed including educating me on all aspects of my computer from password protection to shortcut functions. The service was invaluable! Thank you Bergen IT and Costa!

Description of Work
I needed my computer "cleaned", updated and secured with anti virus protection.

Category computer repair

Thank you so much for this great review. We were happy to help get you and your computer better-protected, and we appreciate being able to service both your home and business IT needs. Empowering people to better understand their technology is core to the work that we do. Thanks again!

08/09/2016

Christine P.

The company never showed up on the date specified. They didn't answer phones or emails.

Description of Work
Packing of computers, flat screen TV's, and accessories for moving. Along with setting up in the new house after closing.

Category home theater design, computer repair

We were disappointed to see this review posted. The customer requested a last-minute change of date and time due to a delay in their closing. Because there was already an appointment for that time with another customer, we needed to move the appointment to the day of the actual move. While this was not ideal for either the customer or Bergen IT, it was the only time it could be done. Moving day is a messy, tough day for anyone. There was some difficulty with keeping in touch by phone that day, but we were on-site at the arranged time as promised. Full disassembly of the whole-home sound system and dismounting of televisions, careful wrapping and packing of the equipment, and removing all cables, remotes, and accessories was done in a timely fashion. Everything was delivered to the new home and placed where asked, in the same condition that if left the old house. Questions about placement of televisions and speakers were answered on the spot, and recommendations were made regarding equipment installation and upgrading the system. We understand the frustration that comes with such a stressful event as a move and believe the rating for this job was made when the closing had been delayed and we needed to negotiate a new appointment. In the end, the customer did express satisfaction with the job and indicated they might call at a later time to have the TVs mounted and the sound system installed.

05/27/2016

Kate E.

Set up ourselves but working and seems much faster.

Description of Work
Helped us upgrade our Wifi. Will call again with any computer or IT questions/issues.

06/09/2015

Jill K.

When my computer wouldn?t start, I called Bergen IT. Costa Rodis picked it up the next day and called me with his assessment the following day. The hard drive was corrupted and irreparable. The computer was 6+ years old and I agreed that it was time to buy a new one. He was honest, ethical, and practical which was very important to me -- only 3 months ago, another company convinced me to invest several hundred dollars in this same computer. He was great about recommending components that met my needs and didn?t just suggest buying the ?latest and greatest? (and more expensive) ones if I didn?t need them. He also saved me money by encouraging me to do as much of the computer setup as I could before he came and completed it. I can?t say enough good things about Costa/Bergen IT ? he is extremely knowledgeable, a genuinely nice person, very responsive, easy to work with, and speaks in language a non-technical person can understand. I will call Bergen IT again with absolutely no hesitation and I?m happy to give Bergen IT/Costa Rodis the highest recommendation to others.

Description of Work
Evaluated my computer and provided alternatives & recommendations. Helped me determine specifications for a new computer. Completed setup of new computer, transferred data/files from old computer to new computer, configured security & backup software.

Category computer repair

Thank you so much for this great review. We try hard to provide customers with the assistance they need. Our goal is not to just rack up hourly time, but to find the best solutions for you. And we try very hard to avoid "geek speak". Our motto is: "We speak your language," and we mean it. Thanks again!

04/08/2015

James S.

He is timely and very pleasant to deal with. We will use him in the future.

Description of Work
Computer diagnostic and repair.

Category computer repair

We appreciate you posting this review!

03/12/2015

Mary C.

He was on the phone some of the time and was taking a long time. I asked him to install a program on my computer. He asked if he could temporarily connect to my computer so he could walk me through the process the next day. He never got back to me. He didn't disconnect from my computer, and he left open a program called Team Viewer. He should not still be on my computer. This is scary. It has been running for a full year.

Description of Work
I was having troubles with my computer. It was slow and everything seemed to freeze. He came out for a tune-up.

Category computer repair

We are disappointed that this customer felt that she didn’t have a good experience with us. The service referred to took place over a year ago. Her computer was indeed running very slowly. We provided a clean-up and tune-up to improve performance while at the customer’s residence. It took about an hour for computer scans and repairs to occur –which is typical if a clean-up has not been done for a while. With the customer’s permission we added a program called TeamViewer. This tool makes it possible for us to service a client virtually by connecting to a computer even when off-site. This means that many questions can be answered, and problems resolved, without requiring a technician come to your home or business. Many of our customers love this because issues can be resolved efficiently, and thus more affordably. However to be clear: Bergen IT will NEVER access a computer without receiving permission from the client. We take the matter of privacy very seriously. Indeed, Bergen IT offers various services related to improving personal and business computer security. While the TeamViewer program gets installed on an individual's computer, we cannot connect to the computer without first receiving a password that the program provides just to the client. Note that a new password is generated for each new TeamViewer session, and the password resets when the TeamViewer session ends. We tried to contact this customer a couple of times shortly after the initial service a year ago in order to install the requested software on her computer. However, she asked that we hold off, and then did not call back. We spoke with this client in the last few days and recommended she uninstall TeamViewer from her computer. Meanwhile we have removed her remote access entry from our TeamViewer account. We regret that she did not feel that this was a positive experience for her.

11/07/2014

MAURICE G.

He came in he was prompt. He knew what he was doing. He was punctual. I wouldn't hesistate to use him again.

Description of Work
He fixed my computer. It was a small problem.My battery went dead on my laptop.

Category computer repair

We appreciate that you took the time to post this review!

11/06/2014

JOHN H.

That service turned out great. He is an IT specialist, but he comes over to solve problems with our computers. He is really talented and he knows how to deal with just about any problems. He is also pleasant and knowledgeable. He does give a first time user discount, but his prices are reasonable after that.

Description of Work
I had a computer that the hard drive went. He helped me get a new computer and restored my hard drive. He referred me to an data recovery company that was able to rebuild the hard drive. That saved us money and they were incredible.

Category computer repair

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review!

11/05/2014

PAUL B.

They came to my house, picked up the computer and fixed it promptly.

Description of Work
They removed malware from computer.

Category computer repair

Thanks for this review. Yes, we can come to your home or business, and we always strive for promptness and efficiency. We know that no one likes sitting around wondering whether a service person is going to arrive. Your time is valuable!

11/05/2014

Janet N.

I have used him in the past. He is knowable and is a wonderful person. He speaks my language and explains things to me. I wished I could give him an A+.

Description of Work
He does an excellent job. I used him a couple months ago for a computer problem that I was having.

Category computer repair

Thanks so much for this wonderful review. "We speak your language" is on the back of our business cards. And we mean it - NO geek speak!

11/03/2014

Goran K.

I called him and he was here the next day. He did some repairs on the computer, since the letters were typing correctly. He is a really good guy. He is really knowledgeable. I have no complaints with him and he did a good job. I pay for the service by the minute.

Description of Work
He comes occasionally to our home. He came out 2 months ago, since I was having troubles with our computer.

Category computer repair

Thanks for this review! We provide as-needed service, as well as ongoing service plans. Whatever service method works best for the customer is what works for us!

09/02/2014

Griff J.

Arrived on time, completed the work in a quiet, workman like manner, double checked to make sure that all was well and asked if anything else could be done. Griff

Description of Work
Remove virus, spyware

Category computer repair

We appreciate you taking the time to provide this review!

05/08/2014

Robin R.

Bergen IT is great to work with. They were punctual, and did more for me than I thought they would. I would call them again for any computer needs!

Description of Work
My computer had stopped working. I knew it was old and should be replaced, but I wanted it in working until I could get a new one. Costas fixed what was wrong with it quickly and gave me tips about a new machine.

Category computer repair

Thanks so much for this great review. We really appreciate it! Our customers know that we always want to do what's right for them and for their business or family. Sometimes this means recommending that they NOT fix their computer, and instead purchase something new. We provide recommendations based upon your personal, family, and business needs & budget.

04/17/2014

Jay G.

Technician/owner was not responsive or helpful. We reached out to him a half a dozen times. This is the last thing a consumer needs when his technology is down. It wastes time, money and energy. I won't go back. Neither should you.

Description of Work
Technician caused my computer to stop working. Then he failed to respond to messages to stand behind his faulty work.

04/16/2014

Mary C.

Had him clean up the viruses, and reset my passwords. Everything went very well.

Description of Work
My Yahoo account was hacked, and he cleaned up the computer for me.

Category computer repair

Thanks very much for posting this review. Computer cleanups are a specialty of ours. While we resolve problems after they occur, we do recommend having a maintenance plan so that your computer and your data are never at risk.

Craig L.

I brought my computer to him. He will come to your house but it is more expensive. The service worked out well. I have used his services about 3-4 times. I have also talked to him about potentially creating a website for me.

Description of Work
Costa helped me with some computer problems I was having and got them fixed almost instantly.

Category computer repair, web designers

We certainly appreciate our long-time customers and try to provide the best service each time they need our assistance. As a point of clarification, we definitely go to homes and offices and only charge an additional travel fee if the distance is significant. And yes, we also provide website services.

Marjorie J.

Scheduling was great, Costa came out right away. He brought the computer system up to date for us. Costa was efficient, knowledgable and the price was right.

Description of Work
I contacted him for my church because we had something come up with one of the computers.

Stephen G.

Costa did very good job. He was polite and was always on time. I would use him again!

Description of Work
Costa told me what computer to buy and where to purchase it. He set it up for me and explained to me how to use it. He also transferred my software for me.

Michael D.

They are great to work with. I have used their services periodically over the past 5-6 years. They come out every year to upgrade the computers and I use them whenever I have a problem. Scheduling is easy, depending on what the issue is they can do the service remotely or come out the following day.

Description of Work
They came out to my home to fix a computer that wasn't working properly.

Category computer repair

Thanks very much for taking the time to write this review! We appreciate working with our long-time clients. Bergen IT's services include regular maintenance, equipment "health checks" and as-needed assistance.