A Graf & Son LLC

Founded 2009 • With Angi since October 2012

Family owned and operated, we perform all levels of basement waterproofing, Mold remediation and foundation repair. We offer start-to-finish solutions for every project. We specialize in interior basement waterproofing solutions, including new sump pumps, and battery backup pumps. We also offer exterior leader drains to ameliorate outside issues. We provide lifetime guarantees for all interior waterproofing. We guarantee high-quality construction for each and every project. Check out samples of our recent work,and you'll agree that we're the best choice for your home renovation project....

Drain system complete

+34 more images

basement waterproofing, basement painting
Basement Waterproofing Project project

Basement Waterproofing Project project

basement waterproofing

basement waterproofing (92)handyman (29)plumbers (21)drain pipe installation (17)well & water pump repair (17)concrete repair (14)foundation repair (11)mold removal (9)water damage restoration (4)pressure washing (3)masonry (2)decks & porches (2)

12/24/2021

Dan B.

Aaron and his crew were great. Bought a house with an undisclosed water issue. He understood my frustrations, did the planning for the repair and executed in a timely manner. Was always available to call, discuss, explain and was very helpful along the way. Hope I never have the issue in another house but would call if need be!

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing

Work Completed On 12/23/2021

Awe thank you member for those kind words. I’m always here and look forward to any future projects. Thank you again for the recipe and the work I really appreciate you. Aaron

07/24/2021

Francis C.

Aaron and his team were quick, punctual, professional and effective. They explained what the solution was to my basement water problem and how to fix it. The result is fantastic! Months later the basement is dry as a bone. The quote was very reasonable!

Description of Work
Basement French drain

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 08/24/2020

Review for A Graf & Son LLC - 1914 Spruce Hills Drive, Glen Gardner, NJ - 39415594

Thank you member you guys are so nice.

05/21/2021

dennis K.

Aaron was quick to respond to our call and came within a day for an estimate. Aaron and his crew started the work within 2 weeks. They were quick and efficient, cleaned up everything and had the basement looking better than new. Aaron was a pleasure to work with. We would definitely use his services again and would highly recommend him. Great guy, great work and even better service!

Description of Work
basement waterproofing, basement painting

Category basement waterproofing, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/21/2021

Thank you member for the review I really appreciate it. Aaron

03/16/2021

William L.

Service was prompt, clean up was good. The cost was fair for the work performed. I recommend them for the construction of French drains in a basement.

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing

Work Completed On 03/11/2021

Thank you for the awesome review.

07/13/2020

judy S.

We cannot praise Aaron enough. He had done work for us in the past when we had a serious water issue in the basement. Not only did they do a great job last time but I remember him coming by several months after just to check that all was going OK.He returned this time to assess some new water damage completely unrelatedly to our earlier issue. I wouldn’t go anywhere else when dealing with water or mold damage. Thankfully he was able to recommend some easy fixes this time. I highly recommend him!

Description of Work
waterproofing

Work Completed On 07/13/2020

Thank you member for the review, we enjoyed working for you. Aaron

05/08/2020

john E.

Great. Went exactly as planned. Great communication throughout. Clean work. Knowledgeable. Reasonable. Straight shooter.

Description of Work
Foundation Repair

Category foundation repair

Work Completed On 05/08/2020

Thank you for the review, we really appreciate it. Aaron

04/17/2020

Roberta M.

It was an excellent experience. Just straight forward got the job done. Didn't try to upsell me, and the price was far lower than other companies. Just had a very heavy rainstorm on April 13, 2020. The waterproofing worked perfectly. Could hear the water dripping into the sump pump pit, that was running through the new pipe that A. Graf installed, instead of flooding the basement.

Description of Work
Waterproofed basement

Work Completed On 03/02/2020

Review for A Graf & Son LLC - 1914 Spruce Hills Drive, Glen Gardner, NJ - 38505064

The basement looks great, I’m happy everything turned out great. Aaron

04/10/2020

edwin J.

Excellent workmanship. Very neat and tidy.

Description of Work
painting house

Category handyman service, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/10/2020

Thank you for the review, you were a pleasure to work for. Aaron

12/11/2019

Matthew W.

I am writing this review almost 5 years to the day the job was completed. The basement is still bone dry and no signs of mold anywhere. Their work is outstanding. Aron and his crew are the best.

Description of Work
Full Basement Waterproofing. Foundation Crack Repairs. Mold Remediation

Category basement waterproofing, mold removal, foundation repair

Work Completed On 12/15/2014

Thank you so much for the fallow up review.

10/20/2019

karen W.

It went well. They came and removed the sheet rock that was effected and sprayed and scrubbed the other areas. Left the basement clean. Owner came back to make sure we were completely satisfied.

Description of Work
Mold Testing & Remediation

Category mold removal

Work Completed On 10/09/2019

Thank you member for your review, I really do appreciate it. Aaron

10/20/2019

jill R.

Very conscientious. Basement is now dry and repair work was excellent.

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing

Work Completed On 11/04/2019

10/07/2019

Deborah S.

Aaron and his crew were extremely professional and worked hard. They were able to solve the basement water issues with minimal work since we could not access the issue from the outside. I would hire them again!

Description of Work
Interior french drain and sump pump

Category plumbing, basement waterproofing, wells

Work Completed On 10/05/2019

Thank you for that great review of guys and I, we really do work hard at doing this the right way. Aaron

08/29/2019

Beth J.

A Graf and Son was extremely professional and I am very pleased with the work they performed. They investigated my basement thoroughly and determined an issue with the foundation wall which was repaired in no time. They additionally installed a sump pump and French drain and my basement has never been drier! Aaron and his team were polite, punctual and very accommodating. I would highly recommend A Graf and Son.

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing/Sump Pump Installation/French Drain Installation/Foundation Wall Crack Repair

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe, foundation repair

Work Completed On 07/15/2019

You are an amazing customer and I am thankful to of meet you two and it was my pleasure taking care of your needs. Aaron

07/22/2019

Katie K.

If you are looking for basement waterproofing, look no further. A Graf and Sons are top notch! They came recommended to us by a contractor that we fully trust and we couldn’t be happier with the work that A Graf and Sons completed in our basement. Aaron is friendly, knowledgeable, thorough, and professional. He took the time to explain everything that he was doing and showed us his completed work at the end of each day. His crew was professional, friendly, and on time. They worked without stopping on some of the hottest days of the summer, and stayed late on the last day in the pouring rain to ensure that the job was complete and everything was cleaned up. On top of an incredible work ethic, Aaron also has fair pricing. We were pleasantly surprised with the cost. Since Aaron completed our waterproofing, we’ve had several HUGE rainstorms and not one drop of water in our basement. For 12 years, our basement was a source of stress for us. Aaron has fixed that! Thank you!!

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 07/12/2019

You guys are the best and we all loved working for you. I really like the way the drains lead to the stone wall. It really did turn out nice and dry too. Thank you again Aaron

06/12/2019

Tyler M.

From the very first night when the estimate was performed through the completion of the work I was very pleased with A. Graf & Son. Very polite/responsive and the prices were very fair. Without hesitation, Aaron and crew went above and beyond and did several small tasks that were not originally in the quote. Would certainly recommend to anyone in need of any of their services and I will definitely be using the company again for future jobs.

Description of Work
Basement interior drainage/sump pump

Work Completed On 04/29/2019

Thank you member for your review and also it was nice having you hang around us while we worked. Thank you also for the cold water and Red Bull’s, that was very much appreciated so thank you again. Aaron

05/31/2019

Maureen B.

We've hired A. Graf & Son in the past and have been very impressed with the quality of work we received. We contacted Mr. Graf again today to replace a sump pump, and again were very pleased with his work. He was amazingly prompt and completed the job within hours of my call. As always, Aaron was extremely knowledgeable, professional, dependable and cordial. He is always willing to answer any questions and to provide advice on water and basement issues. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
replacement of sump pump

Category plumbing, basement waterproofing, wells

Work Completed On 05/31/2019

Thank you member for the awesome review of my company. Aaron

04/15/2019

Frank R.

Section of unfinished basement started getting some water coming in through cinder block wall. Existing narrow drain in place around walls with old sump pit area but no pump every installed by previous owner. Aaron performed estimate and did full assessment of area both inside and out (only contractor to check out the outside of the basement). Proposed using cove plate design, drilling holes in block and installing sump. Plan was if existing piping existed under existing drain area around floor, then this would be the solution. If not he included extra cost for full drain pipe installation. Crew redirected outside down spout underground and away from home most likely contributing to the problem. While breaking up floor they found existing piping so no extras required. Also while working they repaired crack in floor and any gaps in wall mortar. I was not home to supervise work and they could have easily said they installed new pipe without my knowledge. So very honest taking the best and most cost effective solution to problem. They did a great job, finished in 1 day, cleaned up workplace, and very professional. Also guaranteed work for life. Would definitely use them again in the future for any construction type work. Honest and hard working.

Description of Work
Waterproofing Section of Basement

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe

Work Completed On 04/11/2019

I really enjoyed working on your project for you. Thank you for the review. Aaron

03/05/2019

Amit G.

Aaron and his team worked on waterproofing our basement in Jan 2019. We had issue of water leaking into our basement and were looking for contractors to get it fixed. We read about Aaron through Angie’s list and contacted him. He came over to our house to take a look at the issue and provide estimates for the work. He explained everything really well and went over the potential solution (Interior French drain) in detail. His quote was reasonable as well. Once we decided to go ahead with his company, the next steps were smooth as well. The job itself was done very well. Aaron’s team was very professional. The part that we really liked is Aaron himself is present at the job, leading the work. He set the expectations right and did not promise things he could not deliver. He made it clear at the start that he might not be able to get the sump pump drainage pipe linked to our outside drain at this point due to the weather (it was too cold that week) and that he will do it for us in Spring. However, he did make sure that the pipe was extended a fair distance away from the house. Along with this work, Aaron provided us some good insights into some of the other work we want to get done around the house. Thanks Aaron for your professional work. We will definitely recommend/hire Aaron and his team in future, if needed.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 01/22/2019

Hello member and thank you very much for your review I greatly appreciate it thank you again. Aaron

03/04/2019

June H.

Excellent! They did an outstanding job and are extremely responsive and able to answer every question you could possibly think of. Aaron spent two hours explaining the installation. If I had more questions he would’ve stayed longer. He’s also very much available to answer questions over phone and text and respond promptly when you reach out to him.

Description of Work
A Graf installed a French Drain and Sump pump in my basement.

Work Completed On 01/28/2019

Review for A Graf & Son LLC - 1914 Spruce Hills Drive, Glen Gardner, NJ - 37741856

Thank you member for the great review and the pictures, I love to see when people post pictures of our work. Thank you once again. Aaron

02/02/2019

Tom B.

I had water leaking out of my basement cinder block walls onto my floor making a mess. Aaron and his crew completed the job on time and with no extra fees. Just after Aaron completed the job we had a big rain storm and the basement was dry. Thank you Aaron for a excellent job.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 01/11/2019

Hello member, your review is really important to me so I do appreciate it and thank you. Aaron

01/14/2019

Chris N.

Everything went perfectly!! My wife & I HIGHLY RECOMMEND A Graf & Son LLC! We just had a French drain system put in our basement. Right from the beginning when Aaron first came to our home to give us an estimate he was fair & honest. His men that work for him are kind, courteous & professional. They completed the job in record time & did it very carefully. They cleaned up everything as soon as they were done. GREAT COMPANY!!! IF YOU WANT A GREAT PRICE & THE JOB DONE RIGHT THEY ARE THE PERFECT COMPANY!

Description of Work
French drain in basement

Work Completed On 01/07/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for this review. I enjoyed working for you and giving you the best that we are in the waterproofing business, honest, fair, reliable and respectful of your home. Thank you again for the great review. Aaron

12/31/2018

Erica H.

It went great. They were knowledgeable, responsive, priced well and local. Will do business again in spring for another job.

Description of Work
French drain and pumps

Category concrete repair, plumbing, water damage restoration, basement waterproofing, wells

Work Completed On 12/17/2018