Powells Roofing & Siding

• Trade License Authority
  • NJ Consumer Affairs
  • Trade License Expiration
  • 03/31/2022

Hours are not available for this pro right now. Please check back later.

210 North Ave

Garwood, NJ 07027

Super Service Award Winner-7 Straight Years Running! Powell’s Home Improvemant's LLC is dedicated to providing our customers with quality workmanship and products at an affordable price. All of our work comes with a workmanship warranty that we proudly stand behind 100%. We are a Certainteed Select Shingle Master Company. Additional DBAs - Powell's Roofing, Powell's Roofing & Siding. Additional Email: info@powellsroofing.com We offer: Roofing. Siding. Exterior Trim. Windows. Doors. Gutters. Gutter Cleaning. Gutter Repair. Chimney repair and re-pointing. ...

Resposiveness

roofing (75)gutter repair (39)gutter cleaning (24)siding companies (14)skylight installation (6)chimney repair (6)roof cleaning (5)window replacement (2)pressure washing (1)woodworking (6)ceiling fan installation (1)insulation (1)

11/22/2020

Gary came out out for an estimate and evaluate the siding. I waited t4 or 5 days to get the estimate. Never got anything so I called the office. They said they would email it. Made sure they had the right email address. Never got anything. I called a again a few days later and was told Gary would get back to me. Never got anything. The next week I texted Gary and he told me he would take care of i...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Siding repair

CATEGORY siding

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/02/2020

Your Free Estimate was sent via email to the address provided on 11/13/20 Estimate # 2361 for repairs on your siding. Most likely went into your spam or bulk email being it is sent through Quickbooks, We see this a lot .. unfortunately a majority of people do not check spam or bulk emails .. they just delete them.

07/26/2020

Siding-type repair work to garage. Remove and replace damaged siding, install new plywood and capping, etc. to close open junctions at gables.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Have been using Powell for various jobs over the years and every experience has been great. The latest was to deal with openings, damaged siding etc. we had at the gables of our garage. Gary came up with a good scope of work to remediate the issue, including installation of new plywood to close up the openings, capping, trim etc. The work was somewhat laborious but Gary gave me a fair price. The work was done in less than 2 weeks of estimate. The guys who performed the job were great and end result was good.

CATEGORY siding

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/08/1970

11/18/2019

Never showed up to see the work after scheduling appointments

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Never showed up

CATEGORY gutter cleaning,gutter repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/18/2019

[Member Name Removed], I do not have any record of any scheduled appointments in our calendar. I do see that you requested and estimate through Angie's List but we did not get back to you.,,, for that I do apologize. Thank you, Gary Powell

07/20/2019

pleasant and professional to deal with, came as scheduled, rang door bell to let me know here and when finished, work looked good, expect to use again for regular gutter cleaning and possibly other work (e.g., roofing), price for gutter cleaning comparable to others'.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
gutter cleaning

CATEGORY gutter cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/19/2019

04/06/2019

Took a little time to get started, but once there done in a day.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Gutter fixed and flashing on siding

CATEGORY gutter repair,siding

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/14/2019

07/31/2018

Gary is wonderful. Extremely knowledgeable and personable. Fantastic price by a long shot. Very organized. His crew chief Elmer was wonderful. Was very clear from start to finish. The finished job was perfect, they replaced 2 old skylights and the fit was perfect. I had another skylight closed up and they matched the shingles perfectly. Had my gutters cleaned well and the whole place was left spot...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced two skylights and closed up one skylight.

CATEGORY gutter cleaning,roofing,skylights

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/31/2018

06/19/2018

I called them and they came out and did an estimate for repairs to the roof on my mother's house. All good so far. Then when I emailed them to do the work, no response. Emailed twice more, still no response. Finally, my 88 year old mother called them and they yelled at her and hung up on her.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Roof repairs on my mother's house

CATEGORY roofing

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/19/2018

[Member Name Removed], I am sorry to hear you review. I was the one who spoke with your mother and the yelling was done by her not me ( I have a mother too and would never think of yelling at someone else's ) I did eventually hang up because she was not responding just yelling. I was trying to tell her that I had not received the signed contract so we could not go ahead on the work until we did . ...

05/07/2018

Our gutters were old and in danger of falling off in one area. They provided estimates for replacing the bad area and for the whole house. I took the latter. All done in a few hours for less than I expected. Quality work and it couldn't have been easier.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace gutters

CATEGORY gutter repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/01/2018

03/10/2018

In the beginning to get in touch was a tad difficult, but once we did and we set up the appt to have the gutters cleaned it was smooth sailing. We've used them twice now for our gutters and the guys do a great job. they clean up after themselves, and are quick. I found out our neighbor uses them too, because I saw them go there afterwards the one day.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
gutters cleaned

CATEGORY gutter cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/04/2017

01/27/2018

I called Powell's based on a few recommendations and he came out and looked at the roof from the ground. Said that a few loose tiles does not mean the whole roof has to be replaced. Especially since the roof was not that old. He recommended not doing anything unless more tiles keep coming off. A year later - no additional loose tiles. He would not charge me for his time - travel plus ~ 10-15 min a...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had some tiles come off of my roof and a roofing contractor reattached them and then told me I needed to replace the entire roof.

CATEGORY roofing

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/27/2018

Roofing. Siding. Exterior Trim. Windows. Doors. Gutters. Gutter Cleaning. Gutter Repair. Chimney repair and re pointing.

Major chimney work ( rebuilding or structural )

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing