AMERICAN GRANITE DESIGN INC

Founded 2000 • With Angi since June 2010

3.3

56 JERSEYVILLE AVE

Freehold, NJ 07728

Fabrication and installation of Granite, Marble, Quartz. ALso remodeling of kitchens and Bathrooms. Central New Jersey Lot and showroom with over $1 million dollars worth of stone....

09/22/2019

Marina T.

After waiting for a good 30 years to have a little granite in my little kitchen, I was able finally to put something together to have this done. I decided to use this company, to my regrets. Poor measurements, one of the worker forgot to shut the water when he removed the sink to remove the old countertop, water all over, day of installation late 6 hours, with no explanation of what was the cause when called in, workers that are not able to communicate, poor communication from office people, they never came back to finish and fix one of their mistakes, Called and I was told that they were working on it, 4 times I was given the run around, and finally I decided to give up. Have to call and pay someone else to come and fix what was unfinished by them. What I feel at the moment it’s that I waited for so many years to be able to save for this small project and I found the wrong people to do it. Would I recommend them? Absolutely not. Stay away if you want to save yourself aggravations and headaches. M.

Description of Work
Countertop

Category marble & granite

03/27/2017

joe J.

I have used them twice.

Description of Work
They replaced the counter top.

Category countertops

08/10/2016

joe J.

They are not responsive. They charge $150 to come out and look even though it's their product. I was unhappy with the plumbing part of the installation. They are very hard to communicate with. During the installation they would cut the granite instead of the molding. I would not recommend them.

Description of Work
Installed granite countertops

Category countertops, marble & granite

08/04/2016

Mark L.

Everything went well including sales, selection, price, and installation. The only problem we had was on the day of installation. We were told that the men would be there between 9 am and 11 am. When they did not show by 11:30 and the company had not called, I called them. I was told that there was some confusion and that they would be there by 1:00 pm. When that time came and went, and again no call, I called them again. Now they said the truck was on its way and would be there by 2 p.m. Again the reason was confusion. When the men got to my house at 2:10, I found out the real story. A job they had the previous day proved to be very difficult so on the day they were supposed to come to me in the morning, they were directed by their supervisor to go back to the job they could not finish the day before and then come to me. So there was no "confusion" at the plant. The only error was their failure to call me and tell me the real story that morning. I realize these things happen but as soon as they knew they had a problem they should have called me. The installation went well and I have no other complaints that the one I just described

Description of Work
Replace Formica kitchen counter top with granite

Category countertops, marble & granite, home remodeling

03/10/2016

Thomas S.

Description of Work
We had been searching for a special quartzite for months. We started our journey at American, and months later selected them. We put a down payment on two slabs, the only two they had in stock. |The cabinets were installed and the template was made. We went to the yard to approve and place the templates and found out that they cut half of one of the slabs. | |The templates didn't fit within the remaining slabs. Carlos the owner could care less. He said we could make it fit somehow. It took us over two months to find these pieces and they cut them after the took our money. I canceled the order and it put my kitchen renovation 3 weeks behind and we paid threw the nose with the next company because we were stuck. | |Funny I was warned by two people not to use them. One was a friend and the other a contractor. I should have listened.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

04/06/2015

Leigh C.

They were fantastic overall. I went to the place and picked out my granite and they wrote me up and too a $200 down payment. The rest didn't have to be paid until the service was complete. The only problem I had was they were supposed to be at my house by noon and they didn't get there until 3 and I had to call and ask what was going on. They should have called me to let me know there was an issue with their trucks. That is why I gave a D for punctuality and a C for professtionalism. Other than that, the had the granite done in a week as promised, and they didn't charge extra for the sink or faucet cutouts, or the install. At my house they asked me where I wanted the faucet cut out and did it right there. The granite and the work they did when they finally got there was great. I would absolutely recommend them, which I already have to a few people for the work alone. Just be aware to be patient just in case there is a terrible excuse as to why they are late. About a week and a half after the install, I received a thank you from the place. That was a nice touch.

Description of Work
I received about an 8 foot slab of granite and a deep sink.

Category marble & granite, home remodeling

10/15/2014

robert B.

Description of Work
This store should not be evaluated by the small store front. there are hundreds, yes hundreds of slabs and colors to select from on the fenced yard. Great selection,(Tom is awesome)great measure, great install..Can't say enough good things.

03/25/2014

Faith B.

installation of countertops went very well back in january 2014. We just noticed last week that around the sink under the lip was very rough. I called and four days later they were here and smoothed the granite. Very happy and they were very professional.

Description of Work
Installed granite counter tops in kitchen

09/09/2010

Iris S.

Very well

Description of Work
When my Kabinet King did not finish the job, I called American Granite, and they came that day; and did the installation for me on a Saturday since I was in a pinch. Men did not speak much English, but they tried and we did understand each other. Their work was very good,.

07/07/2010

Madelyne B.

I was not happy with them. They were not reliable in terms of scheduling. The people that came to the house to do the work did not speak much English. The workers were careless, messy and the owner was hard to get ahold of.

Description of Work
They did granite tops, a floor and back splash in the kitchen.

Mel Canon LLC

Mel Canon LLC We install hardfloors, laminated floors, ceramic tile floors, bathroom tiles (floors and walls). We also repair and build decks. We do free estimates. Since we are a small company, I, Mel Canon, always personally operate every single project. I do not just send workers out by themselves to complete the job.

Offers by Mel Canon LLC on Angi
    Brinkman and Sons

We are a family owned and operated flooring company serving the Monmouth and Ocean County areas from more the 10 years. From installation to repairs we do it all. We specialize in hardwood refinishing.

Grout Medic of Central New Jersey

Restore it! Don't replace it! IN JUST ONE DAY....

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

Kitchen remodel, Bathroom remodel, Counter installation and fabrication. Tile installation.

Ask for details.