ACCURATE TANK TESTING LLC

Founded 2009 • With Angi since September 2007

PO BOX 366

Franklin Lakes, NJ 07417

NJDEP Certified Company, NJDEP Certified Individual Technicians, Fully Insured...

11/28/2018

Sarah Brett E.

They were responsive, flexible in scheduling, early to arrive, professional, and informative. The findings were told to us on site, and emailed within hours. Definitely would hire again!

Description of Work
Investigation for evidence of an underground oil tank.

07/19/2018

Teri T.

They came out to see if there was an oil tank in new property I was purchasing. We were told there was no tank. They found a tank!

Description of Work
Tank sweep on new property

06/05/2017

Jessica H.

They scheduled quickly, showed up on time, were professional, efficient and explained what they were doing. They reported their results verbally before they left for the day and provided written documentation both via email the same day and mailed a hard copy. Would hire again.

Description of Work
Investigate whether any underground oil tank or associated piping was present on the property

06/28/2016

Brian K.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, home inspection

05/18/2016

Kai M.

Description of Work
Jason performed a tank scan on a property being purchased. He was very polite and respectful. The home's seller left their car in the driveway, so the scan could not be signed off until the driveway was clear. Jason returned another day to complete it when the car was gone.

02/18/2016

Jacqueline W.

Description of Work
All went well.

09/15/2015

Wilkin S.

I learned prior to the technician arrival that the house had an original boiler. I did not need the oil tank sweep, and I thought, I will not be charge because it was completely obvious there was no tank since the house had the original boiler since built. I felt I waste my money. It was not Accurate Tank's fault. The only way to avoid this in the future is to hold for the home inspection, and then schedule a separate oilt tank inspection. Not on the same day. I feel I should have receive a cut in the price. Also, there was no discount for being an Angie's list member, or for using them a second time around, which was disappointing.

Description of Work
Provided a oil tank sweep

07/13/2015

Kevin C.

Raul was on time, courteous, and most importantly, efficient. I would definitely recommend Accurate Tank Testing.

Description of Work
I hired Accurate Tank Testing to perform an oil tank scan on a property that I am purchasing.

06/30/2015

Armand G.

01/27/2015

Wilkin S.

The technician arrived on time, actually before me. He was very professional. I am not familiar with this line of work, it kind of surprised me that it did not take longer. No tank was found, thank God. One of the owners provided me with a verbal warranty. I was informed that honesty and responsibility are part of the company's mission and they stand by their word. I felt confident hiring this company.

Description of Work
Investigate if a # 2 fuel Oil, underground storage tank and/or associated piping is present on the property.

01/19/2015

Kenneth L.

We were in the process of buying a home in NJ, and wanted to make sure there were no oil tanks residing onsite. The previous home-owners were not definitively sure if there ever was an oil tank on the property, and so we asked Accurate Tank Testing to come in to scan the property. Everything we did was conducted over the phone, and so Accurate Tank Testing made all the arrangements with the seller and provide me with the reporting via email after all was done. Quick and easy.

Description of Work
Property scan for any existing oil tanks.

09/15/2014

Ronisha G.

Description of Work
The team was prompt and efficient. I needed to reschedule the time of the appointment and they were flexible with my request. Considering that I am purchasing an older home, I appreciated their careful approach and assurance.

07/10/2014

Saskia J.

They went above and beyond. After there initial sweep we found a random pipe sticking out of the ground during the home inspection. I was concerned that it may be a remnant of an old oil tank. I sent the guys at Accurate Tank Testing some pictures and even though they were confident it had nothing to to with an oil tank they made a second trip just to be sure. Turns out it's an old post holder used for old style clothes hangers or flag posts.

Description of Work
Oil tank sweep for a home purchase.

07/08/2014

Dottie M.

On time, super nice, very professional, absolutely zero stress - got back to me exactly when he said he would. Thank you Accurate Tank Testing!

Description of Work
tested underground oil tank three different ways

06/23/2014

shea L.

05/18/2014

Andy D.

Kevin was very professional, he reached property 15 mins early on our appointment and asked to the point questions about property. I asked him how much time will it take for the complete process and he said it would take less then 30 mins and tank search process was done within 20 mins. Kevin had his torch with him and he went directly to the basement and found out connection for old above ground oil tank and took pictures of that connections and also pictures of connectors outside of the house which were closed by the seller when oil tank was removed. Inspector also went around the property and did magnetic survey to see if was underground tank but none was found. Overall, my experience with Kevin and Accurate Tank Testing was very good. One thing though, I had to call them up after couple days to request my report but I would not hold that against the level of service that I got.

Description of Work
We hired Accurate Tank Testing LLC for underground tank search.

03/12/2014

Sonal D.

We hired Accurate Tank Testing to sweep / search on a property for an oil tank. I spoke with 4-5 different companies. When I talked to Jim on phone, I felt a confidence / reassurance on - 'he knew what he was talking about'. The search was VERY difficult. One previous search was unable to find this tank but we knew it's there because the permit / documentation suggested that the tank was abandoned / not removed. They were able to find the tank, which was cut open from the top and filled with sand, which does not easily show up in a metal detector search, because it was cut open from the top. During the scheduling / talking on phone about possibility of the tank / explaining them the permits etc - every time I talked to Pete or Jim, I felt very much reassured. I probably talked to everyone on their team and met with them when they came on site to find this difficult to locate tank. I met / talked to 5 different people in this team - Jim / Jason / Will / Raul/ and Peter and they all were very professional and friendly. The end result - they FOUND THE TANK - They saved me a lot of money from liability of a future home owner with a tank - and they DID NOT CHARGE anything extra (beyond their regular fee) for the difficulty for access / location or the way this tank was abandoned to make it difficult to find it. They had to come to the site twice to confirm it - and there no extra charge. They also do soil testing, but they did not try to force me to buy that / spend money on that saying and quot;we think the tank is filled with water and since it's holding water, it probably never leaked the oil, i.e. there are no holes in itand quot;. This is an A team and I recommend them for any tank sweep / tank search.

Description of Work
Oil Tank Sweep / Search

01/21/2014

Janice M.

We hired Accurate Tank to locate two out-of-service oil tanks on the property, and to test the surrounding soil for contamination. They arrived on time, were very professional and we were completely satisfied with their service.

12/29/2013

Lynn G.

Professional service for oil tank leak testing. Report done in a timely matter and thorough.

Description of Work

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, home inspection, land surveyor

06/03/2013

Domenica P.

I was happy with the service from start to finish. Both people I spoke to on the phone were friendly, professional, efficient and accommodating. My first call was for information and an estimate, and the second was to make an appt and verify all the previous info. I was able to get the date and time that I requested. The day of our appt, the technician called and asked if I could move the appointment up to an earlier time. This ended up working out better for me, so I was happy. The gentleman was extremely professional and courteous. He told me that it would be 4 days for the results of the soil testing, and 4 business days later the results were emailed to me. I chose this company because they do not do soil remediation, only testing. No conflict of interest. I was very pleased with the entire experience.

Description of Work
soil sampling (4) and tank scan

05/03/2013

J P H.

The people at Accurate Tank were extremely helpful and pleasant -- AND they offered me an appointment on the same day since they already had someone working in the same neighborhood. Otherwise I would have had to wait for about two weeks for an appointment. The price was right, the timing was perfect and the office was very friendly. I'd recommend them to anyone!

Description of Work
I called to schedule an appointment to look for oil tanks on the property I wanted to buy.

04/12/2013

James P.

I would not recommend or use this company again. We had an appointment at 4pm. The inspector showed up at 3:30pm. The inspector went ahead and did the inspection even though we specified that we wanted to be there. When I called to complain about the service, the company basically said my opinion didn't matter, and that they do these all the time

Description of Work
. We had an oil tank inspection completed.

02/04/2013

Juliana S.

The house we are in the process of buying is 80 years old and we didn't want to be surprised later to find an old oil tank on the property. So during the inspection we brought Accurate Tank Testing out to search for an old tank. The technician checked inside the house and found likely evidence that there had at one time been an oil tank. He then searched the property with a metal detect of some sort and found no tank. We were pleased with his thoroughness and would hire him again if we ever needed these services. The price seems expensive, but probably isn't considering the type of equipment and experience one needs to have to do this type of job.

Description of Work
We were having a home inspection done and we wanted to ensure there was not an old oil tank on the property.

Category land surveyor

09/01/2009

Bob V.

Accurate tested my 550 gallon in-ground tank and did soil borings and analysis. I am selling my home, and needed to find the status of the tank before it could be sold. Jason, their technician arrived spot-on time, and was very professional. He described the work to be done, and how the tank would be tested. He was very polite and answered questions in an easy to understand way. He allowed me to "listen" to the tank leak on his test rig. Finding a leak, they immediately did test borings and had my soil samples analyzed. The results were sent to me rapidly. I have a cousin in the environmental business, and he said that Accurate's pricing was very reasonable, his associate company would have charged about $200.00 more.

Description of Work
Accurate tested my 550 gallon in-ground oil tank and did soil borings and analysis.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, home inspection

09/10/2007

Brenda A.

We were impressed by the quality detail Accurate did when testing our oil tank. The man that came ensured all areas were covered and nothing was left to chance. I would recommend him very highly to others that find themselves in the same predicament and need a good tester.

Description of Work
We had to have the oil tank for our heating system inspected in order to bring it up to code. This contractor took samples of the soil by drilling a hole in our cement outside and did tests throughout the unit to ensure it was acceptable. He spent about 2 hours or so doing this and then patched up the hole when he was done.

Category home inspection, land surveyor

Duct Mate Inc

We are a family and locally-owned-company that has provided dependable service to the community since 1992. The main concern for our company is to serve you by offering excellent service and quality equipment at affordable pricing. If we provide you with efficient and cost-effective solutions along with excellent service, we feel we have met our goal.

Go Pro Heating & Cooling

We work with pride and that's tough to find. We will send an experienced technician to your home to offer the most professional work and extremely competitive pricing. Price Match Guarantee available. Reach out today so we can help. We do offer 24 hour emergency service as well.

Offers by Go Pro Heating & Cooling on Angi
    Overall Plumbing Heating and Cooling

Overall Plumbing Heating and Cooling provides AC repair, heating repair, boiler repair and more to customers in Wayne, Passaic, and Clifton, NJ and surrounding areas. Keeping cool in the summer and warm and toasty during the winter is an important part of maintaining a comfortable home. But in order to keep your home at an optimal climate, you need your heating and AC systems to be in the best working order. What's more, a properly functioning, modern HVAC system will run as energy efficiently as possible, keeping your utility costs down. At Overall Heating and Cooling, we understand that you want to be kept comfortable without breaking the bank. That's why for over 10 years, we've provided the Northern New Jersey with top-notch HVAC services at affordable prices. We fulfill all types of general heating and air conditioning services and are eager to give your home the perfect climate. For more information or to schedule an estimate, call Overall Plumbing Heating and Cooling today!

Offers by Overall Plumbing Heating and Cooling on Angi

Visa, MasterCard
    5% OFF FULL PRICE

UNDERGROUND OIL TANK SEARCH'S, UNDERGROUND OIL STORAGE TANK TESTING- ULTRASONIC INTEGRITY TESTING, SOIL SAMPLING

TANK REMOVAL & REPLACEMENT.