Real Pro Home Inspection LLC

Founded 2007 • With Angi since November 2010

714 Richmond Dr

Forked River, NJ 08731

Real Pro Home Inspection provides high quality home inspections at an affordable price. We inspect every detail of the property Including: Roof, structure, electrical, plumbing, heating and cooling systems. All appliances in the home including dishwasher, stove, microwave, refrigerator, washer and dryer are tested for proper functionality. We will also perform a wood destroying insect (termite) inspection on the property. We are licensed Radon technicians. Our inspections are extremely thorough, we take the time to do the job right! You will receive a detailed report within 48 hours from the time of inspection. Our comprehensive report enhanced with digital photos fully describes the home you are purchasing in a reader friendly format. This report meets or exceeds New Jersey state requirements, NACHI and ASHI standards of practice. Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed when you hire Real Pro Home Inspection. You won't be disappointed and that's a promise. If you are not completely satisfied with our inspection, you will receive a full refund. Its as simple as that.. My name is Phil Picone, owner and inspector. Call me today to discuss your home inspection needs, im always here for you..We're in business to serve you. 908-397-0857...

10/13/2019

Robert T.

Phil was thorough and very knowledgeable. Gave advice on items that needed to be fixed.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

Category home inspection, radon testing, septic tank

10/11/2019

George L.

Fantastic, he was very professional and polite and above all thorough, I’ve sold 5 houses in my time and he was definitely the best.

Description of Work
Home inspection

07/19/2018

Kenneth E.

Phil was great. The house was relatively new, around 22 years. We walked through and he did a good job explaining everything, and I felt he was thorough. We had purchased another house previously (Ridge Home Inspection, now retired), and I felt in comparison that his work and his report was more thorough. I regret a few things from our prior inspector, for example a horizontal hairline crack in the foundation that he noticed and commented on, but did not document. Doing so would have been helpful in documenting that the crack had not changed. I also felt our prior inspector did not spend as much time digging into issues. With Phil I left feeling more confident in the thoroughness, and his report covered all of the issues that were identified, with a good number of pictures. He also got the written report to me same day. He does skew on the side of caution (assume it's a problem unless proven otherwise / specialist investigates), which is also what you want as a buyer.

Description of Work
Inspection for Home Purchase

12/04/2017

Mike P.

I called Phil on Thursday and he made time for us on Monday. He was early for the appointment (as my father-in-law would say - "if you're on time you're late") and was an absolute pleasure to deal with. He walked us through every step of the inspection leaving (literally) every stone unturned since there was a stone hiding a hole in the foundation. He explained the differences between structural and cosmetic deficiencies and put our minds at ease about purchasing a 90+ year old home. Phil was absolutely terrific and I would highly recommend him to other buyers.

Description of Work
First time home buyers of a 90+ year old house. We needed a complete home inspection and reassurance it would be a good investment. We contracted for an inspection, tank sweep and radon test.

Category home inspection, radon testing, heating oil companies

08/21/2017

Sandra W.

What a great company. We would recommend them to anyone who needed a home inspector. He was thorough and explained everything as he went through the home from what he was doing and why, to what he was seeing. The report we received was so detailed and thorough, very easy to read and had great pictures to show what he was describing in his report. He also recommended a Level 2 Chimney inspection which was definitely great advice since there was over $16,000 in repair work needed. I highly recommend this inspector.

Description of Work
We had a home inspection and wood destroying insect inspection performed.

08/19/2017

Anthonia O.

Phil was so flexible in his ability to accommodate us. He fit us in to his schedule even though it was the week of his wedding, and he was booked. All his other reviews talked about his timeliness and they were not kidding. My and my realtor got there on time at the appointment time and he was already inspecting the exterior of the home. He was very knowledgable and was very patient and went out of his way to explain everything to us, show us his findings and discuss possible fixes to the issues. We needed a tank sweep and the company he works with was there on the same day of his inspection. This eliminated the need for us to find a specialist and coordinate the tank sweep ourselves. Our realtor has worked with great inspectors and he said he was very impressed with how detailed Phil was and how he stopped and went out of his way to explain or educate us on certain issues noted during the inspection. His level of professionalism made us trust his recommendations for a chimney inspector. Although we were not able to get an appointment with his recommended chimney company, they went out of their way to help us locate a chimney company that could do our inspection. He was friendly and personable and conversation was easy with everyone talking and cracking jokes. The 2.5 hours flew by quickly. He was also available to answer questions even after the inspection is over and everyone has gone home. Amazing customer service skills. I am someone that like to read reviews but don't often leave reviews. But he was so good that I'm happy to write a review that helps someone make the decision to go with him. I will recommend him and defiantly use him again.

Description of Work
Home inspection with tank sweep

04/24/2017

Allyson R.

Excellent service! Top notch from start to finish with great attention to detail. Phil was a professional from the start. He arrived before we were there for the inspection. He was thorough and took the time to explain the areas he inspected as he went though the home. We were buying an older home. He was honest and really helped us identify the major problems for us to be aware of with the property. His report was turned around quickly and was thorough with pictures and explanations of the inspection. I would be confident in using his services again. Thank you Phil!!

Description of Work
Home Inspection

Category home inspection, radon testing, septic tank

12/26/2016

Shams R.

Phil showed up on time and performed a detail inspection of the house with explanation and images for everything that was concerning. He provided the detail report within 24hour with radon report within a week.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

11/29/2016

Caitlyn W.

Phil was great, we were on a short deadline and even-though he didn't have an opening right away we did schedule within our timeline, he even sent us our Inspection report within a few hours since we knew we were in a rush! He was very thorough and explained everything to us as he went a long. He let us know what needed to be fixed promptly and what could wait a little bit. I would recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
Home Inspection with WDI and Radon, and oil tank sweep.

11/11/2016

Ana C.

His inspection was very thorough. Phil was very professional. He did an excellent job, explaining issues with the home. He'll spend all the time that you need to answer your questions and walks you through the entire inspection process. Prompt, efficient, courteous, knowledgeable. You couldn't ask for anything more!

Description of Work
Home Inspection

10/04/2016

Kevin S.

Phenomenally done. Pointed out trouble points and helped to knock off $7,000 off the purchase price. Was very thoughtful, experienced and after each section took the time to explain everything he was looking for that could help pin point problems areas. Even gave potential trouble spots to look for in the future. Would recommend to friends and family. Compared to the price of another highly rated service this was more than fair.

Description of Work
Home inspection

08/09/2016

Vinod K.

Phil was excellent! We are first time home buyers. We hired him for general inspection and oil tank sweep. He arrived on time and was pleasant to deal with. He was through, precise and took his time to explain all the things that needed immediate repairs and that were hazardous in the house. He did not rush through the inspection and tested all the electrical and plumbing, attic, boiler etc. He even checked the shingles on the roof and questioned the seller as to why they were different colors. Also, he advised us to check that the sellers had all proper permits for the renovations done on the house, which we did not know we had to do. Phil sent us a very detailed report within 2 days with digital photos showing all the repair work needed to be done on the house. He helped us by providing honest feedback despite the seller being present at inspection. In short, he saved us from buying a home with major repairs. He also honored the Angie's list coupon. We are very glad that we hired him and will definitely use him again. We highly recommend him!

Description of Work
General home inspection, oil tank sweep, and radon testing.

06/05/2016

Brad S.

We could not have been happier with the home inspection job that Real Pro Home Inspections did. Our inspector was very thorough, extremely knowledgeable and easy to work with. We appreciated all of the defects he discovered and no stone was left un-turned. He went out of his way to offer advice and teach us about every detail within the home. Additionally, the quick turn-around time for providing the exceptional inspection report was critical for our contractual commitment times. We could not have been more pleased with the entire job from start to finish and we will only consider using Real Pro Home Inspections in the future for our needs. We highly recommend them to anyone looking for home inspection services and cannot express how thankful we were for a job well done!

Description of Work
An excellent and extremely thorough new home purchase inspection was performed. The turnaround time of the report was exceptional and the detail and accuracy was greatly appreciated.

04/27/2016

Dara S.

Phil was great. He arrived at the property I am buying before I did and was very thorough. It was a very big (and old) 3 story house with a full basement and he went over it top to bottom, inside and out and was extremely detailed, pointing out many things to look out for along the way. He also recommended someone to do a level 2 chimney inspection and suggested I hire a roofer who specialized in slate to do a more detailed analysis of the roof. The price was more than fair and I had the report in my email in just a couple of days complete with photos and analysis of his findings. I was able to use his report along with the others to negotiate some credits from the seller which made me very happy indeed!

Description of Work
Full home inspection, radon test and termite test.

04/24/2016

marlene G.

Real Pros and more specifically the owner Phil was fantastic. My husband and I found their information on Angie's list and were very pleased from the start. Phil personally answered the phone and answered all my questions, was able to schedule the inspection for the very near future, and his price was very reasonable. Phil came out to the first property we were interested in and performed a very in-depth inspection of the outside and inside of the home. So thorough in fact, Phil discovered a huge issue that was not disclosed to us by the sellers and saved us from making a huge mistake. Needless to say when we found another property we contacted Phil right away. He again was very accommodating and reasonable. He came out to the second property on time and ready to work. Once again going through the property with a "fine-tooth comb". I would absolutely use Phil and the Real Pros company again. He was super friendly and professional to work with! A+++++

Description of Work
Real Pros, specifically the owner Philip performed 2 very thorough home inspections for my husband and I.

02/29/2016

John B.

Phil was fabulous. Took his time to do a thorough top to bottom review of the property. He made sure to provide insight where appropriate, walked us through what he was looking for and why, and made suggestions along the way. We left the process feeling like he truly was looking out for our interest. He was professional, punctual, and thorough. He performed the work on a Saturday afternoon. The comprehensive report was waiting in my email on Monday morning. I would recommend Phil to anyone!

Description of Work
Comprehensive Home Inspection with Radon Test, Oil Tank Sweep and Wood Destroying Insect Inspection

02/07/2016

Michael I.

Phil did a general home inspection with me on a house I am working towards purchasing. He was on time, did the inspection, explained everything he believed relevant, and was very through. When I received his inspection report it was delivered on time and provided all the necessary detail that was needed in negotiations. He also gave a recommendation for a tree service and they were able to give me an estimate quickly and were very professional. I would recommend Phil to anyone seeking a general home inspection.

Description of Work
General Home Inspection, Radon, Wood Boring Insect Inspection

01/18/2016

Ermir B.

Phil is an A+ service professional. I needed a home inspection to be performed on a short notice and Phil went out of his way to rearrange his schedule and made himself available the next day, which was a Saturday. When I arrived to the property during the morning of the inspection, Phil was already there ahead of the scheduled time and taking pictures of the property. Phil was very thorough and took his time to explain all of his observations to me as we walked through the property. The inspection lasted about 2 and half hours and the house was a newer property (built in 2006) so it goes to show that although the property was newer and I didn't expect many issues, Phil provided a great deal of service as we walked through every step of the property. The next day after the inspection (Sunday), Phil provided me with a well written, detailed report with color pictures which was very organized and insightful. The report also included the termite inspection and the radon results were provided a few days thereafter as they needed to be processed at a lab. I found the services that Phil provided to be very valuable in my home buying process. It certainly helps to be a well informed buyer before making such a big decision in buying a house. Phil goes out of his way for his customers, he is a pleasure to work with, is very responsive and provides high quality services for a very competitive price. I will for sure recommend Phil to any friends or family members. Thank you Phil!

Description of Work
Inspection for a new home purchase

01/14/2016

Carol C.

Phil arrived on time. He walked us through the house and the garage and identified safety issues, items that would need immediate repair, or repair sometime in the near future, areas where drainage would need to be improved, and also pointed out the pluses of the home. He took pictures of all items of concern. He identified that the roof was not 10 years old as stated in the disclosure, but actually 20+ years old; he also pointed out that the electrical panel was a known fire hazard manufactured by a company that had been shut down by the government many years ago. He placed a radon test in the basement, and instructed the home owner with regard to the radon test process. Phil wrote up his reports thoroughly and included pictures of things that were mentioned, and got them to us very quickly. We had questions, and he was readily available to us for conversations. We would recommend Real Pro, and we would use their services again.

Description of Work
He inspected a home we are buying as a principal residence with a rental unit.

12/12/2015

Jeanne J.

This is the second home in two months I have had an inspection done on. The first inspector wasn't as attentive to little details as I expected, so I found Phil at Real Pro through Angie's List. He was perfect! When I arrived (two minutes early), he was already on a ladder inspecting the roof and gutters. He pointed out some small issues that I might not have considered -- like the fact that the lovely flat pavers may one day not be so flat, due to the large tree near them. He had good ideas for possible solutions to problems and was very attentive to safety concerns. The other inspector started in the basement and worked his way up; Phil started in the attic and worked his way down, because "most of the problems are in the basement". Having watched them both, I realize that Phil was picking up clues as to what he might find downstairs, and his top down approach is a good one. The other inspector didn't test the appliances, just gauged their age and future life; Phil tested everything -- opened every window and faucet. (The only thing he didn't test was each outlet; some inspectors do. Since I can replace outlets myself, I didn't worry about it.) He picked up the rugs to look at the floor underneath and noted two tiles with cracks. Of course, he found the big stuff, too, but it was his attention to detail that made me feel most confident. He offered clear explanations to what he was finding and answered my questions to my full satisfaction. He is pleasant and knowledgeable, and delivered the report in a day and a half. I also like the format of the report; easy to read. And he was less expensive than the first inspector. What's not to love? In short, I'd hire Real Pro again in a heartbeat! Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Home inspection; termite inspection; radon inspection; oil tank sweep

08/27/2015

YANZHEN Z.

We finally closed the house recently. Phil was friendly, honest, very thorough and gave great advises. As a first time home buyer, his detailed inspection report gave us confidence to move forward in purchasing the house.

Description of Work
Home inspection and oil tank sweep

07/31/2015

James D.

To put it simply, Phil at Real Pro is the best. We were about to purchase a house and hired Phil to complete a home inspection. Phil was very flexible with his scheduling and was at the house before we got there. Phil went above and beyond and actually spent close to 4 hours at the house with us, patiently answering all our questions and explaining all his findings. He was able to find many concerning issues with the house of which we were not aware initially and even provided suggestions about how to approach with seller. Phil's insight was critical and saved my family from experiencing many unpleasant issues with the house we were going to buy. I give the highest recommendation to Phil at Real Pro; again, he's the best.

Description of Work
Home inspection.

07/17/2015

Wayne Z.

Phil was great. He did a thorough job, provided some clever recommendations based on his experience that I never would have thought of, and was on time. Got the written reports the next day. Would recommend.

Description of Work
Home Inspection, Termite, Radon and Tank Sweep

07/05/2015

Barbara E.

I thought he did a great job! I wanted someone who was arms length from the entire deal and I felt like he was watching out for me. He walked through the house with me and explained what we were looking at and what it might mean. He made sure to note both big and small, but specifically pointed out items of larger concern - which i subsequently got estimates from contractors for and am currently negotiating with the seller on. He also noted upgrades and things I wouldn't have to worry about. He paid no attention to any snarky comments from the seller's agent. Finally, I liked that when he noticed something, lets say an odd opening in the kitchen, he went back to the bathroom above to look for any cause. The report was detailed and included pictures. Pricing was inline with other providers - I compared between 3 or 4. I would use him again!

Description of Work
Home Inspection

07/03/2015

Janal L.

Tremendous! One of my brothers builds houses for a living. He said that this was one of the best home inspections that he has read. Thorough, with great pictures throughout the report. Easy to understand explanations of problems discovered. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Description of Work
Inspection of a house.

Healthy Way Waterproofing & Mold Remediation LLC

Healthy Way is a leader in foundation (basement & crawlspace) waterproofing, mold testing and remediation, structural repair, insulation and remodeling. We service all of New Jersey with offices in Wall Township and Hoboken. Our dedicated certified staff is trained in the latest technology and methods for solving your water, mold and foundation problems and protecting your home or building for years to come. At Healthy Way we understand that no two water, mold, or structural problems are the same. Therefore, we will not offer you a "cookie-cutter" solution to your unique problem. Our technicians have repaired more than four thousand foundations - each with its own unique challenges and solutions. That's why we only offer a 100% solution or we do not do the work! Our owner, Robert Lanfrank, has been in the industry for more than 23 years. Healthy Way employs more than 20 people. We do not sub-contract any of our work. In addition to General Liability Insurance we carry Pollution Liability Insurance which is the only insurance that protects our clients against the growth or cross-contamination of mold and bacteria. We accept all major credit cards and offer payment plans such as no payments, no interest up to 18 months or low, fixed interest rate loans.

AMS Restoration/American Mold Solutions LLC

Our services include Mold Testing, Remediation and Water Extraction as well as Air Duct Cleaning and Sanitizing. We have more than thirty years experience in the building industry. We are capable of repairing any damage caused by mold, water, fire or the remediation itself. We have full compliment of licensed sub- contractors, Electric, Plumbing, Masons etc. Servicing all of New Jersey.

Restoration 360 LLC

Restoration 360, IICRC Certified, non-franchised, locally owned and operated water damage, flood damage, sewage cleanup, storm cleanup, basement and wall drying company headquartered at 501 Cambria Ave. Bensalem, PA with multiple locations throughout all of our service areas including New Jersey. Standing behind years of experience in the construction industry, we stand behind our work and go above and beyond to take care of our customers. Our 5 star reviews and work ethics make us stand out from the crowd.

Home Inspection services, Radon testing, Water testing, Oil tank sweeps and Septic Inspections