American Home Contractors Inc

Founded 1987 • With Angi since December 2010

124 Crescent Rd

Florham Park, NJ 07932

American Home Contractors, Inc of Florham Park, NJ offers full exterior remodeling solutions! We are a GAF MasterElite Roofing Contractor and James Hardie Elite Preferred Siding Remodelers. We supply and install Anderson, Pella, and Marvin Windows. We also offer seamless gutters and LeafTech gutter protection. Call us today for a free consultation! 908-771-0123 or email us! info@njahc.com....

07/02/2021

Nick C.

I contacted multiple contractors in the area to give me an estimate to replace my roof and gutters. I came across American Home Contractors through a google search and their qualifications were above anyone in the area. 154 google reviews with an average of 5.0, GAF Master Elite status, and over 500 projects in the area. The point of contact for our project was David DaVeiga. He was extremely thorough in his initial assessment of our roof. He pointed out some of the big issues that could have posed a problem in the coming months and he gave perfect solutions to fix it. His team was very efficient and impressive. They completed our roof replacement in one day and it came out perfect. The gutters took only a few hours and looked great as well. Even our neighbors were impressed with how efficient and timely the crew was. I highly recommend American Home Contractors! They were a pleasure to work with and we are extremely happy with how our roof & gutters were done.

Description of Work
Roof & Gutters

Category gutter repair,home inspection,roofing

Thank you for your review [Member Name Removed]!

08/28/2020

J P.

Chris Core and his team were excellent. We were so impressed with the level of professionalism that all members of the team displayed. The work was done to our complete satisfaction. Everyone we dealt with at the company was knowledgeable and courteous. The craftsmanship seems excellent and the work site was always tidy. They are by far the best home contractor we have worked with. I've recommended them to friends already.

Description of Work
replacement asphalt roof

Category roofing,home builders

Thanks so much! You were a pleasure to work with!!

03/15/2020

bob P.

Dave came over the my senior parents house. Gave them an honest accurate assessment of whats needed. Was straight forward, and VERY personable. A very Nice, professional member of his team. Even went as far as going up on the roof and silicone several spots that water could penetrate FOR FREE!.. Dave and AHC comes highly recommended. The Parente's. Morris County, NJ.

Description of Work
roofing work

12/15/2019

David B.

I have exacting standards for my own professional work; I hold other professionals to that level when they are providing a service to me. I needed to replace my 25 year-old roof, swap out cedar siding on most of the house for composite, and replace the gutters. The goal was to make the exterior of the home maintenance free. We wanted to use high quality materials (GAF designer shingle, James Hardie siding, seamless gutters and downspouts with covers). As this was the largest ticket project I have ever undertaken, I did my homework and interviewed several contractors at the GAF Master Elite and James Hardie Preferred levels. Bottom line is that I made the right decision. The end result was work of high quality and beauty in which I have pride and confidence. It meets my stated goal of setting and forgetting, until they haul my cold body out of this house. Also, we crossed the finish line on time and on budget. The projects manager, Cory H, has an outstanding temperament for his job: he communicated well and was always available; he treated every one of my concerns (even minutia) with respect; he was capable in his undertakings and leadership. I would definitely use them again for construction and remodeling projects, and I recommend them highly.

Description of Work
Replace roof and skylights. Replace siding. Replace gutters.

Category gutter repair,roofing,siding,skylights

09/06/2019

Kenny C.

Called them for the roof tune up. Scheduling was quick and easy. Chris came by on time. He took pictures to show me what is going on in my roof vents and skylights. He re-sealed all of them. He checked the entire roof in detail and explained to me what he found. Had a very good experience using this company. I will definitely call them again for other things to do around the house.

Description of Work
Roof tune up and inspection

05/19/2019

Matt T.

Called American Home Contractors to get an estimate for a replacement on a skylight. They set up an appointment right away for that Friday, and I met with Chris, a project manager, who took a look at it, gave a fair price to replace it, but advised that as our roof is not at the end of its life, it would be cheaper and more effective to replace it when the roof needs replacement. He re-caulked some of the joints that appeared to have weathered badly and did not charge us for anything. I very much appreciated his professionalism, and I will definitely be giving AHC a call when it is time to replace my roof.

Description of Work
Skylight repair

07/21/2018

Evan C.

I hired American Home Contractors to solve a very difficult leak with the roof of my garage. The job required work on the chimney flashing and replacing half of the garage roof. It's unfortunate that this review is not positive, because Jon was really very good. He was very responsive and had a fair price and took the time to explain everything and really did want to solve the problem. He and his crew did a good job on the roof and flashing work, aside from there being nails and other debris left on the property (I'm still finding nails 6 months later). Unfortunately all of this work didn't solve the leak. Jon did come back and make an effort to figure out what was causing the leak and thought he had figured out that the problem was with the siding, and told me he needed to send his siding crew. It was at this point that the busy season started for him, and he stopped responding to me and told me he was backed up and he couldn't send someone out for two weeks. Two weeks later I was told it would be another two week delay. This went on for months. He obviously gave up on fixing the issue I hired him to fix. So while I do think the work he did was acceptable quality for the price, I hired him to fix a leak and the leak was not fixed.

Description of Work
Roof leak, chimney flashing

06/19/2018

Jose S.

We called American Home Contractors and in the same day Jon (the company owner) called us back. Chris and Travis came down personally to discuss the project. They answered all my questions and show us alternatives . They were every day on site checking the job was done correctly. They are very professional. Also Patricio , the crew leader was amazing. We are very pleased with the job and will definitely consider them if we have any other project in the future.

Description of Work
New Roof and Gutter guards

05/10/2018

Ken K.

When I first called American Home Contracting, I spoke to John Parker who was very courteous and helpful. We set up a time and Chris and Travis showed up to my home at the agreed time. I explained my issue and they went up to the roof to assess the situation. They found a rotted out collar around one of the vents which they sealed and they also sealed a number of area's around the chimney. They inspected, took pictures and gave a thorough assessment of the roof. They said that my approximately 15 year old roof was still in good shape. I was extremely pleased with Chris and Travis - they did not try to sell me something I didn't need (like a new roof) and were very reasonable with the work they did. Would absolutely recommend American Home Contracting for jobs both big and small.

Description of Work
I had a leak around the chimney and wanted to have someone qualified look at the condition of the entire roof.

04/23/2018

marilyn W.

This is my 2nd time using American Home Contractors. Our first project was a complete roof replacement and Dave DaVeiga was our project manager. So when it came time to replace my OLD windows, I called and requested to have Dave manage the project again. Dave has been attentive to our concerns and gave us great insight on which windows best fit our needs. He called and texted me to keep my updated on the entire process - from the ordering of the windows to the installation. I highly recommend Dave and his team.

Description of Work
Window Installation

Category replacement windows

03/28/2018

Junbin T.

Jon and Dave came down personally to discuss the project, and show us alternatives (designs, other products, etc.). When they found out we were getting solar as well, they put in a pitch, but were not pushy, and were professional when we decided to go with another company for solar. We still went with AHC for the roofing job. Dave was personally on site almost every day, and called us daily to check on progress, ask if there's anything they needed to work on, etc. Despite some misunderstanding (on our part, and honestly we were shamefully a tad short at times), they were patient and professional throughout. As with most major projects, some damages were done to the property, which Dave personally replaced/fixed/reimbursed us for. Also, they did some additional work gratis as a sign of goodwill. Overall, very pleased with the job and will definitely consider them if we do any other projects they handle in future.

Description of Work
Tear down old roof, put in new roof, gutter guard

Category gutter repair,roofing,skylights

01/25/2018

Robert D.

One of their inspector came and looked to find out the cause of the leaks. He took some pictures of my skyline and the overall condition. It was determined that the leaks were caused by damage shingles and roof cap, and that the skyline seals had cracked and in need to be repaired. He advised me to contact the roofing company, since my roof was new and still in warranty.

Description of Work
During the so called "Cyclone Winter Storm" we just had Jan 2018, the skylines in my bedroom were leaking. I called to have it inspected and evaluate the cause and have it repair as needed.

01/09/2018

Barry B.

Dave and his crew )Mauricio) were most accommodating. Explaned each phase as it progressed. May have been a little pricey compared to others but was able to configure any additional work needed with no additional add on cost. I like the fact that after review of the roof configuration he suggested the best possible package not trying to sell me the Rollls of roofing. Was was easy to contact and returned all calls immediately. Definitely recommend for all contracting needs

Description of Work
New roof installation

[Member Name Removed] & Andrea, it was a pleasure working with you both. Thank you again for the opportunity to be of service! -Dave

12/04/2017

Sorbo B.

Jon was here at my home on time. I had a leak in my attic which he inspected from the inside. He went up on the roof and fixed it along with some other exposed nail heads. I found him to be helpful and answered all my questions. Overall it was a very pleasant experience.

Description of Work
Roof maintenance, inspect and fix leaks

12/04/2017

Mary P.

We called American Home Contractors, Inc. They were Wonderful ! Jon came over to our house, he went up on the roof and took pictures of all the problem areas. I, later, went up in the attic and saw the water damage myself. We then hired Jon to replace our roof. Jon & Patricio totally stripped our roof, they replaced all the damaged rotted wood caused by the leaks. They put a new roof, gutters, leaf guards, attic fan and chimney cap. The best part, Jon Always answered his phone ! The 1 time my call went to voicemail, he called me back before I could finish my message ! The crew protected the landscaping and kept the area clean. When the job was done, Jon still sent a crew and totally cleaned my property. Needless to say, we are thrilled with the service and professionalism American Home Contractors provided.

Description of Work
Our 9 yr old roof was leaking in several areas.

Category gutter repair,roofing,chimney caps,chimney repair

11/27/2017

ANITA N.

Punctual, responsive, very good job. They took a look at my roof and soffits, too. When I replace my roof, I plan to get an estimate from them first.

Description of Work
The deal was for gutters but I needed a downspout because the company I hired to replace my gutters and leaders forgot to put the downspout back, so when I saw the deal on Angie's List I figured it was an opportunity to get this item off my to-do list.

Category gutter repair,roofing

11/06/2017

Dale B.

Done perfectly and earlier than expect. The price was fair and reasonable

Description of Work
They fixed my roof and prevent further leaking

Category gutter repair,home inspection,remodeling,roofing,water damage restoration

10/30/2017

Courtney K.

Dave and Patricio were professional, punctual, and did an excellent job on our roof. We couldn't be happier with the finished product! Highly recommend AHC!

Description of Work
New Roof Installation

10/23/2017

nev S.

Very professional, did the job right the first time and as promised.

Description of Work
replaced the roof and repaired as necessary.

10/19/2017

nelson D.

The roof was inspected and needed recommendations were made. The pictures of the roof and the Chimney area were taken so that we could have information about the existing condition in order to make decision for repairs in the future to prolong the life of the roof. and its maintenance. The attic was not inspected.

Description of Work
Roof inspected and sealed where required.

09/16/2017

Scott R.

Punctual professional and well worth it!

Description of Work
Roof tune up and inspection

09/03/2017

Katy P.

Short version if you don't like reading: Don't waste your time or your money with these guys. Asked for quotes to repair or replace a low slope roof (only a small part of my full roof, the rest is shingled) because leak marks had appeared on the ceiling. American Home Contractors did not show up to complete the work for a month after initial scope was agreed. During quoting, they did not bother to look at the roof, and they stated they would do a full replacement for ALL plywood on the low slope roof section of my house, which was completely unnecessary work and expense. American Home Contractors' initial response to my quote request was prompt and a representative arrived on time for the quote appointment, but everything else was down hill from there. The first red flag was that the representative did not even bother to climb onto the roof to see what condition it was in. Had he bothered, he maybe would have noticed a couple of spots where the roof was "spongy" to walk on and he would have seen some obvious patch attempts had already been made - these were not visible from the ground. He would have also noticed that the ridge caps on my house were not proper ridge vents which should have been installed with the shingled roof that's on the rest of my house (the roof is 3 years old, and the low slope roof is only over the TV room at the back of the house). The caps were a different material and a completely different color from the shingles, they were done cheaply and just wrong, but against the sky this was also not noticeable from the ground. After only viewing the roof from the ground, we discussed two options to do a full replacement of the low slope roof or just do some tarring/patching to see if that would stop the leak. For the full replacement, the rep informed me that they would need to rip out down to the rafters "all of the underlaying plywood sheathing" along with the flat roofing. The rep later followed up with an email on June 26, 2017 providing a formal quote for just the full replacement option as he described which came out to $9,900. I had to remind him to provide the other option of just patching, which he then gave at a quote of $300. On June 29, 2017 I agreed to try just the patching option for $300, and I was told they would come by the following week after the 4th of July to do the repair. They did not show up that week and did not reach out to me with an updated timeline. I contacted them the following Monday, July 12th, and I was told I was "on the top of the list" and that they would aim for early the next week. The next week also came and went with no contact from them and no work done. On July 25th I cancelled the repair of the flat roof. I lost a whole month waiting around for them to show up, and they never bothered to contact me about any of the delays. The roofer I contacted next was fantastic. He pointed out all of the roof issues I listed above, and he said it absolutely was not necessary to replace all of the plywood as a standard practice for replacing low slope roofing. He said you only need to replace the plywood sections where there was rotting. I decided to go with a full replacement of the low slope roof and also install the correct ridge vents. His price was $6,700 for the low slope roof replacement (we opted for the longer lasting torch down roll roofing, too) and his price included the new ridge vents. This compared to $9,900 from American Home Contractors for only the low slope roof replacement with lots of unnecessary new plywood makes American Home Contractors look like scammers. At the end of the day I would say don't waste your time or your money with these guys.

Description of Work
Asked for a quote to fix a leak that appeared where I have a low sloping roof section on my house.

08/25/2017

charlene M.

...................................................................

Description of Work
..........................................................

08/17/2017

Jeannette D.

Well. He did a good job and I am satisfied with his services.

Description of Work
300 square feet of brick pavers

Category masonry,roofing

08/14/2017

Elisabeth M.

Very professional, extremely knowledgeable and helpful with advice

Description of Work
Roof inspection and quote on new roof.

Category roofing,chimney repair

A Debenedetto Construction LLC

A. DeBenedetto Construction, LLC handles all types of masonry work in the Essex County, NJ area. Locally owned and operated, we have over 40 years of dedicated experience in the industry. A. DeBenedetto Construction, LLC will solve all your waterproofing and drainage problems!

Offers by A Debenedetto Construction LLC on Angi
    Garden State Brickface & Siding

Garden State Brickface and Siding ~ Serving NJ for 70+ Years Founded in 1953, Garden State Brickface and Siding has been serving New Jersey for 7 decades. We commit every day to build upon the steadfast reputation we have garnered over the years. Our local communities recognize and trust our brand, and our customers are continually satisfied thanks to the quality craftsmanship provided by our skilled professionals. We provide various services such as Brickface Installation and Repair ~ Stucco Installation and Repair ~ Stucco Painting and Maintenance ~ Stone Veneer ~ Vinyl Siding ~ Replacement Windows ~ Roofing ~ Chimney Resurfacing and Repair ~ Stair Resurfacing and Repair ~ Foundation Resurfacing and Repair ~ EIFS Installation and Repair ~ EIFS Painting and Maintenance ~ Exterior House Painting ~ Gutters and Leaders. Contact us today for a free consultation @ 908-490-6520 or visit www.brickface.com

Offers by Garden State Brickface & Siding on Angi
    Approved Chimney LLC

Approved Chimney was established by Vick Jakupi to provide outstanding service to both residential and commercial clients with all their chimney needs. Starting out more than 11 years ago his experience and expertise has earned him the credentials from CSIA (Chimney Safety institute of America). Acquiring the proper licenses and certifications has put his business at the highest level in chimney services. At Approved Chimney we believe in the highest customer satisfaction when concerning all chimney needs. From the annual sweeping to the most enhanced relining or rebuilding of chimneys in New Jersey area. All of our technicians are trained and Certified Liner installers and work closely with the home owners in understanding of step by step procedures of the work taking place.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Roofing. Siding. Solar. Windows. Doors. Decks. Gutters.

Electrical. Plumbing