Fortified Roofing

Founded 2001 • With Angi since September 2006

5144 W Hurley Pond Rd

Farmingdale, NJ 07727

If you are looking for a top rated roofing company with decades of experience and thousands of installed roof references, we are the company for you! We are licensed in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania. Most of the roofs we install can be replaced in 1 day and within 1 week from the day that

09/18/2022

Michele A.

Roofing company showed early and ready to go. There was a crew of 10 skilled workers. Roof was replaced in a timely fashion. Very professional and highly organized. Recommend this company and would use them again if needed.

Description of Work
Replaced roof

10/28/2019

Robert C.

very well. it has been over 6 months since the job was done and everything still looks in good shape.

Description of Work
replaced the roof as well as a few plywood sections

05/20/2019

Dave W.

My experience with Fortified Roofing was outstanding. Fortified Roofing installed my new roof a couple years ago and they did an amazing job. They were quick, clean and gave a very reasonable price. They also offered a great warranty. The roof looks amazing. Last winter I noticed I was getting a leak in my attic around the chimney. I called Fortified to report the problem, they came out immediately and inspected the attic and decide to reflash my chimney at no charge. A few weeks later I notice I was still getting water in my attic. I called Fortified back and they immediately came out again and this time they peeled back the new shingles and installed an ice guard, replaced some plywood and re shingled, again at no charge. It turns out the leak was coming from the chimney and I needed to have my chimney rebuilt by a separate company, Fortified offered to reflash the new chimney once it was installed, again at no charge. I was blown away on how considerate and personal my house felt to the staff and crew. John and Joy were an absolute pleasure to deal with. I didn’t feel like a customer I felt like a close friend. Fortified roofing went above and beyond, and I would highly recommend them! 5 stars! -Dave

Description of Work
Roofing/Flashing

04/09/2019

Vu T.

very well. they showed up very early on the day of work and worked until done. Work site was clean after the work is done just like the job never took place. I hope there is no issue with the roof. but have to give these guys 2 thumbs up.

Description of Work
replace roof.

01/06/2019

Jeffrey L.

The job went very well. The representative explained the process very well. The workers worked quickly and cleaned up very well. The communication with the office and the foreman was friendly.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

11/27/2018

Tim R.

Great price. Professional. Did a great job cleaning up after the installation

Description of Work
Replaced Roof

11/09/2018

Arthur L.

Job was done in one day which is great.

Description of Work
install new roof

11/07/2018

Roger H.

The contractor was prompt in responding to my inquiry but unfortunately responded that they do not provide a roof repair service. My overall rating reflects the fact that they had an excellent response, but could not help me, so their overall rating is fair.

Description of Work
Roof repair

10/25/2018

Arthur L.

Work done well, but I thought it was a bit sloppy. Worker's try to clean up after the tarp wasn't secure as old shingles came down, so did the tarp.

Description of Work
replace roof shingles

09/19/2018

Acela D.

This has to be the most stressful and aggravating job we have ever paid for. They were quick to send some one and give us a quote. However they never kept an appointment after that. They scheduled the first crew between 7 and 8 in the morning. No one showed up. When I called I was told that they had cancelled the job because it was too hot. Granted it was but when you cancelled the job did you think you would call me? Within half and hour they dropped the shingles on the waters picket and broke it. I had to wait a week for that to get fixed. We were originally told that the gutters would be installed within one or two days. They never mentioned that the job was subcontracted. We received a call that the next crew would come a week later between 9 and 5. They never showed up. No phone call. Finally they showed up the following day. The most disappointing thing is that when you look at the shingles they look old. The roof doesn't look new or flat. They claim that it will flatten out within a couple of months. One can only pray that this will happen and that the fumes from the tar that have infiltrated my home go away!

Description of Work
Roof replacement and gutters

Category gutter repair

09/01/2018

Gail T.

They were excellent. Don’t hesitate hiring these roofers.

Description of Work
Replacement roof

Thank you so much for leaving us this nice review!

08/22/2018

Rosanne R.

About 2 weeks ago, within several hours of posting a leaky flat roof, Karl called and came out . He did a thorough check of the roof and then showed me and patiently explained what needed to be done. Prior to leaving, he did a temporary fix to prevent further damage since heavy rain was expected. I was very impressed with his concern and professionalism. I do highly recommend him and will be using him in the future.

Description of Work
had a leaky flat roof

08/13/2018

Cheryl L.

Very well - good work, fair price, prompt service

Description of Work
Roof repair

08/08/2018

kristina F.

Overall ok. Guys worked extremely hard. Nice and fast job. Clean up could have been better. Salesman was friendly and informative. Office needs to work on follow up and follow thru skills. Better customer service realtions with clients. They were not rude the procedures need to be revamped and be more customer friendly.

Description of Work
Needed a new roof

06/25/2018

MaryBeth K.

Fortified roofing did a great job replacing my 22 year old roof and gutters. They were very professional and prompt and price was fair and reasonable. Easy to make appointment for estimate, estimator explained the options and didn’t pressure the upsell (in fact he recommended things that were right for the price pint of my home). Scheduling the job was quick, about 2 weeks after commitment. It rained on the day of my job and they easily rescheduled. They left the job site neat and clean.

Description of Work
Replace roof and gutters

06/19/2018

JUAN G.

I wasn't sure if I needed a new roof. I just bought my first house. Brain came over and gave me some tips about roofing and advised I didn't need a new roof right now. He was very professional and gave me a quote just so I can have an idea what it will cost when I do need a new roof. Due to his honesty and professionalism I am going to go with this company when I need any roofing work done.

Description of Work
Roofing estimate

04/10/2018

Alex I.

Job was completed in 2 days in January. The guys did a great job, I am still finding small pieces of shingles and nails around the perimeter of the house. I wouldn't expect them to find every piece of shingle or nails especially with snow on the ground. I am waiting for them to return with a magnet to find any stray nails that I couldn't see. Hopefully, no one will step on one and get injured.

Description of Work
Roof replacement on home and large shed. Replaced gutters and leaders on the home

03/27/2018

Thomas I.

I met Brian at Fortified in November 2017 for a roof estimate on a 2 layer roof removal and install. Brian was very professional and did not attempt to upsell me on unnecessary products or add-ons. I did do my due diligence by having additional contractors come out for estimates but in the end, I felt Fortified was the most fair and felt the most comfortable giving Brian the job. On 12/8/2017 the team was out in the morning as promised to begin the job. They coordinated the dumpster delivery, pickup and permits which was all included in the price (other companies did not include permits). The team tarped the house to make sure the siding was protected from debris, removed the 2 layers of roofing and installed the new roofing system all in a day. They did a great job and cleaned up the surrounding area prior to leaving. I was so impressed by the work done by the team I called Brian back out again for a siding estimate They provided a reasonable quote and all information was known up front so I decided to use Fortified again. On 1/24/2018 the team was back out again to remove the old vinyl siding and install new CertainTeed siding. Again another great job by Fortified and within a week the job was finished. My house looks brand new! I would definitely recommend Brian and the team at Fortified for any roofing or siding needs.

Description of Work
Roof and Siding

Category roofing, siding

03/26/2018

Steve P.

After getting estimates from 3 other roofing companies, Fortified was the clear choice for me. Brian prepared a very professional and competitive quote and followed up to answer questions promptly. His team did a quality job in installing our new roof and cleaning up and knocked out the job in about 6 hours. The quality of work was exceptional. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
New Roof Installation

Thanks for your feedback [Member Name Removed]! Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future should you need us again.

03/06/2018

Chad U.

The workers showed up right at 7am and started end ripping the old roof off as they said they would but no one spoke English until the foreman showed up much later. The building materials that they had dropped off by a supply company ran over our lawn and crushed our sprinkler head as well as broke a bunch of large tree branches. The work itself appeared to be going fine so I went to work. When I showed up in the afternoon to check on the progress, I found that they shingled over a large hole in the roof where squirrels had chewed (which was the main reason for getting the work done) which they said any damaged sheets would be replaced. When I brought it to the tore and attention he said he would fix it. I came back to pay them when the job was completed but found that the foreman had not fixed the hole or put the proper drip edge in. Overall it makes me question what else was done improperly but I may never know since everything is covered up already. I would not hire this company again and would caution other people be gore they hire them.

Description of Work
New roof installed

02/11/2018

James H.

They arrived on time; completed the work in a timely manner, with no change orders, extras, or any other nonsense.

Description of Work
Gutter replacement

02/06/2018

Shelley L.

Brian was the person who came out to our home. He told us that we had a second roof on top which should last another ten years at least. This surprised us because we thought we had only one roof. Also, we suspected that the roof was 27 years old, and we would definitely need another roof. We couldn’t believe his honesty! Someone else would not have told us about a second roof or would have told us we needed a roof. He was extremely honest . We would definitely recommend him to anyone needing a roof. He’s great!

Description of Work
We were checking on our roof to see if it needed to be done.

12/28/2017

Thomas M.

John and the folks at Fortified Roofing have installed roofs for a large number of homes that we have build for families in need . Just recently John and his team donated both material and labor for a project we are working on in Rumson. Their work has always been of top quality and workmanship. Competitive pricing, quality workmanship, and most projects completed in one day. I highly recommend John and his team. You will be delighted with their service. Tom Thomas Matulewicz Habitat For Humanity In Monmouth County [*** Link removed ***]

Description of Work
Remove 2 layers of old roofing and install new roof

11/22/2017

Susanna P.

I know we're always looking for quality people and just wanted to let you know of a fantastic experience I had with Fortified Roofing. Not only did they do the work in advance of the time frame given (and at a reasonable price!) but they also provided superior customer service. You can reach them at their main number at 732-256-9741 or call John direct at 856-287-1732.

Description of Work
We needed a new roof.

11/13/2017

Michael V.

Excellent. We had estimates from other companies but were very impressed with Brian so we hired him on the spot. The work was done well, right on schedule, very professional company and the inside of our house is dry! Very happy and highly recommend.

Description of Work
New roof, from plywood to shingles.

Category roofing, skylights

Semper Fi Powerwashing

We specialize in pressure washing and soft washing services for exteriors of homes or businesses, sidewalks, driveways, decks, porches, patios, fences, truck trailers, parking lots, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

ETC Home Improvement

Our company offers all types of home remodeling from new floors, to kitchens, baths and full additions. We have several professionals who work on different aspects of the renovation.

Klaus Roofing Systems By Quality 1st

Quality 1st has been in business for over 30 years, providing homeowners in New Jersey with our superior customer service and installation excellence. Now under the name of Klaus Roofing Systems by Quality 1st, we are proud to be a part of the Klaus Roofing Systems Network. The Klaus Roofing Systems Network is a network of dedicated roofing contractors across North America who pledge to hold their businesses to a higher standard. With the largest training facility in the world, our network has pooled hundreds of years of combined knowledge to find the best materials and practices to protect our customers' homes.

Offers by Klaus Roofing Systems By Quality 1st on Angi

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing

Roofing, Skylights, & Gutter Installation & Replacement.