A-1 APPLIANCE REPAIR SVC INC

Founded 1990 • With Angi since December 2005

4-39 BOYD AVE

Fair Lawn, NJ 07410

3 EMPLOYEES. MYSELF AND MY TWO SONS NO SUBS. CHARGES A FLAT RATE. NO TRAVEL CHARGES. SERVICE FEES MAY APPLY. DO NOT CONTACT THROUGH EMAIL. NO EXTRA CHARGE FOR AFTER-HOURS SERVICE....

09/12/2019

Karen K.

Jeff from A-1 may be the best appliance repairman I have ever met. He has literally saved me thousands of dollars by saving my appliances and keeping me from having to by new. When another repairman told me to not bother fixing my dryer and that I should buy a new one, Jeff replaced a sensor for $200 and it was good as new. That was 7 years ago. Today he replaced the a belt from the same dryer, which is now 12 years old. He managed to do it without taking it off the washing machine it is sitting on, which would have cost hundreds of dollars more. Replacing the dryer would have cost $800 with installation and tax.. His charge for the belt replacement was $230. Two weeks ago he replaced a part on my 12 year old refrigerator that caused water to go into my basement. Instead of spending $2200 on a new refrigerator, I paid a tenth of that. He knows what he's doing and will save your appliances if possible. He gets right into the situation and can tell you if the appliance is salvageable very quickly. Hire this man.

Description of Work
Dryer Repair

08/22/2019

Abraham H.

Came in as scheduled, diagnosed and replaced a defective part. Only reason for the B on price is that I don't know what a part should go for. $500 seemed high for apart replacement.

Description of Work
wine celler cooling system wasn't working

05/21/2018

Gary X.

Jeff from A-1 was very professional and communicative throughout multiple visits over 2 weeks to fix a dishwasher. He waived service fees for later visits and finally resolves a somewhat tricky clog that caused the breakdown. Overall I am satisfied with the service and will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Dishwasher repair

10/05/2017

james F.

Very well each time they provided service. Prompt & professional service.

Description of Work
Washing machine repair Refrigerator repair

09/11/2017

Scott O.

Great diagnosed both issues. Dishwasher tricky diagnosis but tech found issue and fix.

Description of Work
Checked microwave. Also diagnosed dish wash and fixed.

09/04/2017

Abraham S.

part not made anymore had to replace unit

Description of Work
Ac not working

04/07/2017

Francine D.

Jeff is always knowledgeable, professional, and helpful. I'm very happy to have found him through Angie's List.

Description of Work
My ancient Viking range needed serious attention and Jeff was once again able to do it all. He replaced the thermostats in both ovens and checked the temperature to make sure it was accurate, just in time for holiday baking.

02/16/2017

Bella H.

They diagnosed the issue, I ended up having to get a new one. There was one technician and he did a good job.

Description of Work
They were called out to check on my fridge.

08/29/2016

Anthony G.

I called and spoke with Mike over the phone last Wednesday afternoon (8/24/16), who told me the first available appointment would be for the following Monday (8/29/16) for someone to come out to my house and look at my dryer. I then asked for a time frame on Monday, and he told me that someone would call me first thing Monday morning to give me an approximate time so I gave him my name, address and phone number. When I did not receive a phone call by 10 am the following Monday morning (8/29/16) , I called back the number listed on the company website, and I spoke with another gentleman who told me that he had no record and no schedule for anyone to come out to my house. It was very unprofessional, as my wife re-arranged her schedule to be available at the house, and we waited almost a week only to find out that no one was coming to my house. In there company description , it says only three employees, which I assume they want to think is a good thing, but maybe they should consider hiring some more people to help schedule clients, as it's obvious they can't handle communicating effectively between all three of their employees.

Description of Work
Dryer Repair

08/20/2016

David C.

Our problem was that all the cold air was directed to the bottom freezer and none to the refrigerator compartment. This caused the refrigerator compartment to get very warm while the freezer was too cold. Adam quickly analyzed the problem as a failed circuit board that controls the defrost cycle. Since the freezer coils were iced up no air was able to flow to the upper refrigerator compartment. Adam first defrosted the freezer and then replaced the circuit board with a new one which he had in his truck. My wife and I were very impressed with Adam’s knowledge, skills and care in taking our freezer apart. Believe me, taking apart a Whirlpool freezer to get at the cooling coils is no easy job. To our amazement Adam was able to complete the entire job in well under 1 hour. These guys are real pros and I would definitely call them again for any appliance repair. We couldn’t be more satisfied with the work and fast response time.

Description of Work
Installed a new circuit board in Whirlpool refrigerator and manually defrosted freezer and cooling coils.

Alpine Appliance Repair

An Appliance Repair Company where it's not just a quick fix, it's repairs that last. If you have been searching for an experienced and honest technician you have found the right place. We will service your defective appliance with the utmost care that will have you satisfied for a long time.

Danny's Appliance Service LLC

**For all Bergen County residents, please call 201-941-1313.** **For Hudson county residents, please call 201-865-2100** For major appliance repairs in your town, call Danny’s Appliance Service. With over 40 years of experience, our professional appliance repair service can help you get your home back in working order. When you need refrigerator repair, dryer repair, or other appliance repair services, our team is ready to offer fast and friendly service!

DAVE'S APPLIANCE REPAIR

Owner and operator, Dave Cardozo, a native Bergen County resident, has been in business over 25 years, servicing ALL major brands of Washers, Dryers, Dishwashers, Gas/Electric Ranges and Refrigerators AND KITCHENAID MIXERS

APPLIANCE REPAIR & SERVICE INCLUDING ALL MAKES & MODELS OF REFRIGERATORS, WASHERS, DRYERS, RANGES, AIR CONDITIONERS, MICROWAVES, DISHWASHERS, GARBAGE DISPOSALS, TRASH COMPACTORS & COOKTOP HOODS.