Reese & Sons Roofing & Repair

Founded 1890 • With Angi since June 2010

PO Box 339

Englishtown, NJ 07726

- Family business for over four generations - Never subcontracted - A-rating on Angie's List - specializing in hard-to-find roof leaks...

06/20/2018

DAVID Y.

Paul & Luke helped us to fix a tough leak in my bedroom. They had to make several trips and finally located the originated area. They are very professional and courteous. We will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Roofing repair

06/20/2018

DAVID Y.

Paul and Luke helped us to fix a tough leak in my bedroom. They had to make several trips and finally located the originated area. They are very professional and courteous. We will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
roofing repair

01/01/2018

john M.

Luke Reese is a very impressive gentleman. Impeccably honest, professional, very knowledgeable. Willing to answer all your questions thoroughly. Do yourself a favor and contact Luke for your roof problems. John Mcgee Boundbrook, NJ

Description of Work
multiple repairs on the roof, gutters blocked, nail pops, loose shingles, chimney cap cracks, new gable vent, remove old TV dish, removed some moss.

Category roofing,chimney caps,chimney repair,roof cleaning

09/23/2017

Marjorie J.

Description of Work
Reese & Sons is highly recommended. First of all, they actually called us back which right away puts them ahead of most roofing companies. We had multiple water spots on our roof and we already know that the roof is 15+ years old so we were bracing for the worst. We called them thinking that we would need a new roof and wanted an estimate. To our great surprise, he went out the next day, took pictures of the damaged areas of our roof, texted them to us with an estimate to repair them!!! He let us know that our roof has about 10 more years to go before we'll need a replacement. I must admit that I'm not used to such honesty, speed of service and professionalism. We are not planning to wait 10 years before replacing our roof and we will absolutely call Reese & Sons when we are ready. I can't say enough about the positive experience we had. In addition, before we called them, I checked them out with the BBB, Facebook and Angie's List and they received the absolute best rating on each.

07/02/2017

Angelo S.

Luke did a great job. Called him on a Saturday and showed up same day to give estimate. Came back during the week job was done and complete. Great job. Would definitely recommend. Thank you Reese Roofing

Description of Work
Had a roof leak from flashing

04/18/2017

John G.

Easy to schedule and worked with me to get it done in a timely fashion. These are good people.

Description of Work
Had a leak on my garage level and issues with shingles and air ventilation on my older roof. Luke came out and was up front and honest that I could hold off on a new roof. Settled on some work to pull back insulation in my attic and add 2 new vents. Also sealed the area where my house met my roof that the flashing was not properly installed when the previous owner did the roof over.

02/06/2017

Ken H.

Paul was able to figure it out the issue very quickly and repair on the spot. Showed up on time, was very professional and an asset to the small business community.

Description of Work
Had a small leak. Trouble was finding it before any damage was done.

11/21/2016

Taryn P.

We contacted Reese & Sons when we discovered a leak on our screened-in porch. They were quick to respond, Luke reached out to us in less than 24 hours to schedule a time for him to stop by to assess the situation. We had several roofing companies come out and they all suggested a new roof. Luke said that aside from a few missing shingles (from Hurricane Sandy) our roof was in good shape and didn't need to be replaced. He offered to fix the leak, seal some areas, and fix the missing shingles for a reasonable price and was able to provide the service the same day. He even offered to take off an old satellite dish that was no longer in use for free. Very knowledgeable, honest, professional and reliable. I would highly recommend this company to anyone needing repairs.

Description of Work
Roof repairs.

07/06/2016

Laura P.

It went very well. They are very professional, knowledgeable and honest. We would definitely have them back if we needed any other repairs to our roof.

Description of Work
Needed attic fan repaired and new vent pipe boots.

04/11/2016

Richard N.

Prompt, reliable, courteous, efficient, great quality!! What else can you ask for? I used Angie's list to find roofers with A ratings, and Reese & Sons had great reviews. When I called to ask for an estimate to re-attach some shingles on my roof, Mr. Reese was very courteous and arranged to stop by the next morning. He and his son arrived at the agreed upon time and quickly assessed the situation. They provided a reasonable estimate on the spot, and when I agreed to the quote, they performed the work right then and there. I am very pleased with their work, and have already recommended them to my neighbor.

Description of Work
Re-attached shingles that had blown off the roof during a very windy day.

04/09/2016

Philip S.

Excellent work and a pleasure to deal with. He did what said he was going to do in a timely manner and charged a very reasonable price. I would recommend this service very highly.

Description of Work
They replaced the shingles on the roof of my shed, roved all of the ivy growth and did it extremely well.

11/15/2015

Soly B.

He responded right away. Showed up within 24 hrs for an estimate. Work was preformed within a couple of days. On the day the work was performed he was on time. He did above and beyond what I expected. Great work. God Bless!

Description of Work
Clean the roof

10/19/2015

Sophia N.

He was very punctual, honest and hard working. I am very happy with the work he did. I would recommend him to all m friends.

Description of Work
He checked and repaired my roof to prevent further leaks in my home.

07/06/2015

niraj G.

EXCELLENT SERVICE!!! I had been unsure on who to call--a roof soffit fell almost 2-3 yrs ago. i kept meaning to fix it myself but could't get a ladder tall enough for the job. I posted the question on Angie's list and was referred to roofing. i found this family run company and spoke to LUKE..who was very helpful and professional...he said he was nearby and came by 2-3 hours after i called. he replaced the soffit and charged me a reasonable amount for his time. i wouldn't hesitate to hire this company again for any future roofing needs!!

Description of Work
he helped replace a roof soffit which had fallen

05/25/2015

Mary Jane L.

Did a great job, fixed the flashing and resealed the skylight.

Description of Work
Fixed flashing on my skylight, came on holiday weekend to fix it because I was selling my house.

Category roofing,skylights

03/20/2015

Andrew L.

Very quick response and service.

Description of Work
Replaced shingles during extreme weather.

10/07/2014

Reid G.

Everything went well. Provided me with useful info. I will definitely use him for major repairs/replacements in the future.

Description of Work
Came out to check a roof leak. Gave me an honest answer that my roof looked like it was in good shape and that a few simple patches over some exposed nails should do the trick. Didn't charge me for this advice.

08/10/2014

Linda G.

It was very difficult to find the leak. He came back about three times. Each time he spent much time diligently looking for it. He did not accept payment until the leak was finally fixed. It has been several months now and there has been no more leaking.

Description of Work
He repaired a roof leak.

07/02/2014

Mercedita S.

I called to make an appointment. It took a day for them to get back at me but when they returned my call, they booked a date and was here on time.Very courteous and pleasant on the phone. It was Mr. Reese himself who returned my call. They did a job well done and even suggested that the gutters needed some cleaning. I will definitely use their services again. I have tried a couple of roofers on your list before I came across their name.The others didn't call back.

Description of Work
Repaired a leak in the roof.

03/28/2014

Patricia B.

I called because I had ice-damning and water leaking through the roof and ceiling over my stairway. I called and he came within a day where others I called said it would be weeks. This has been an ongoing problem; but, Paul and his son took the time to come up with a solution. And, so far, it has worked like a charm. I would definately recommend this contractor because, I believe him to be honest, fair and punctual. For his service I paid $400

Description of Work
He repaired the roof by putting a sheet of rubber under shingles to stop the roof from leaking, He also had to repair the roof where the ice was damning and put an electric wire in the proper place to melt the ice.

03/19/2014

Mary O.

I got them from Angie's List. They were excellent! I keep his card in my wallet. He charged me $175 and that included buying it, installing it, and taking away the old one. We had intermittent downpour and people that called me said when it stops raining, they would get back to me in 3 days.They wanted $650, and another company that called wanted $625 standard fee. This guy did it for $175. A ceiling attic fan is like a vent. The fan comes on automatically when the temperature reaches over 90 degrees and cools off your attic so it makes your roof stay and gives it a longer life. What happened was between the rain we had in the spring and then Sandy beating things to death in the fall, that mushroom cover blew and we never did find it. That came off and the water was just coming in through the hole. I was on my way to work and he called me within 20 minutes after I called him. I had originally started calling people on Saturday morning and nobody called me back. Finally on Monday morning, I called him and he called me back in 20 minutes and he was at my house by noon that same day. I have no problems at all. Their punctuality was great. If I have another problem, I wouldn't hesitate to use them. This guy was great! His card said something like 3 or 4 generations of roofers so they really know their stuff.

Description of Work
Reese & Sons Roofing & Repair installed a ceiling attic fan in June of last year. I had a leak coming through my upstairs lighting fixture and he and his son came out here in between downpours and went to Home Depot or Lowe's to pick it up and put it in that day during my lunch hour. I came home from work.

Category roofing,ceiling fans

01/09/2014

Fadi R.

I called Paul and told him there was damage to the side of my house from the winds the night before and he was very courteous and professional, he told me he would arrive in the morning to take a look. He was very punctual and the price he quoted was fair. I am very satisfied with the work done and will definitely use Paul's company again in the future!

Description of Work
Repaired fallen soffit on side house.

07/13/2013

Janet S.

I called Reese and Sons late Friday and asked to be called back on Monday to set up an appointment for an estimate. They called back early on Monday morning and we set a date for Tuesday. They arrived early on Tuesday (which I really appreciate since I'm an early riser) and were very courteous and professional. The estimate they gave for removal of my rooftop antenna was very reasonable, however, I did receive a slightly less price quote from another roofer who lived 2 blocks away. Although I didn't use them this time, I would definitely keep them in mind should I need any other roofing repairs.

Description of Work
gave estimate for rooftop antenna removal

07/07/2013

Robert M.

We were in the middle of a bathroom remodeling project when our contractor discovered that we had a leak on our roof around the sink vent chimney. It happened to be a very rainy day when the contractor was replacing our ceiling and water was conspicuously running down the vent chimney pipe. Additionally you could see daylight through the roof around the chimney pipe. Our contractor could not continue until the roof was repaired and his go-to roofer was not available for a week or more. I reached out through Angie's list and located Reese and Sons Roofing. I made the call to Reese and Sons on a Friday afternoon and explained our plight. They squeezed us in first thing Monday morning and completed the job in just over an hour or so. Additinally they discovered that another gasket on a different vent chimney was similarly dry rotted and replaced that one as well. Total cost was only $200. I would most definitely recommend Mr. Reese and would absolutely hire him again.

Description of Work
Replaced a rubber gasket around vent chimney on roof

06/10/2013

Mary O.

We had a severe thunder storm on Friday 6/7/2013. When I went up stairs to go to bed I felt a drop of water on my head. The next morning I subscribed to Angies list, not knowing how to get a honest and reliable roofer. At this point I didn't know what was the source of the leak, but Sunday I realized it was the roof fan, as I could see the blades - the cover had come off . I called and left messages with at least 6 companies - not one called back over the weekend. On Monday morning I called Reese and Sons Repair and Roofing. Within 40 minutes I got a call back and they said they would come by after they completed another job. By 11:45 am they were at my house. Not only were they the first to return my call, but in between pouring rain, they went out, bought the roof fan and installed it within an hour. I will recommend them to everyone and plan on keeping their card in my wallet so I never miss place it. The price they charged was great. If you need anything repaired on your roof - don't hesitate, call Reese and Sons first, you won't be sorry.

Description of Work
They installed a roof fan,

JNG General Contracting LLC

We have the experience and the dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Mr. Speedy Electric Service Co.

When you need an electrician to service your home or business, look no further than Mr. Speedy Electric Service, Inc. Since 1983, we've been helping homeowners and business owners in Hightstown, NJ with their electrical needs. With over 60 years of combined experience, we're well-equipped to handle any issue that comes our way. Formerly known as Kaiser Electric, you can rely on us to handle your electrical: Installations Maintenance Repairs We've even available 24/7 for emergency services. Call or click for service today!

Wave Electric Company LLC

Wave Electric Company LLC is a full service electrical company. We are committed to delivering quality workmanship using the latest methods and electrical technologies. The standards we set in the industry is what has allowed us to grow our business over the past 20 years. Our ultimate goal is to develop a lasting relationship with our clients, as their satisfaction is what we rely on for referral business. Owned and operated by Vincent Asaro, together with his team of equally qualified electricians they aim to not only meet your expectations, but exceed them! Highly Qualified and Trusted Employees Extensive background checks are done on all Wave Electric employees. Drug testing is performed before hiring and randomly there after. All of our Electricians are New Jersey licensed professionals. Client referrals are our best source of new business. Our Lifetime Guarantee The Wave Electric Company, LLC Lifetime Guarantee is exclusive to members of our maintenance network. The Lifetime Guarantee covers all workmanship performed by our expert technicians on services provide to homeowners and business owners across Monmouth, Ocean and Middlesex Counties. This workmanship guarantee is for the duration of your home or business ownership. Appliances, parts and other electrical devices are covered under the manufactures warranty which will be provided to you upon request at the time of installation. Upfront Pricing We will provide you with an honest upfront price quote. You will know the total cost of your service visit, repair, installation or project before work ever begins on your home or business. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee or You Don't Pay!

Anything to do with a roof, ranging from slate to commercial roof systems