Elmwood Certified Auto Services

Founded 1990 • With Angi since March 2007

302 Broadway

Elmwood Park, NJ 07407

We are a complete ASE certified auto repair facility. We do all vehicle maintenance and repair work. We use quality CARQUEST parts. All our parts come with a 2 year or 24,000 mile nationwide warranty.

Edward G.
01/31/2019
These guys are great. They really know what they're doing. Their prices are totally reasonable and you'll never feel like you're getting lied to or ripped off like at some other places. This is a very trustworthy shop and they treat you like family. I've been using them for years and have never been disappointed. Keep up the great work guys.
Description of Work
Blower motor on Ford Transit
Category
muffler repair, auto repair, car tires, transmission repair, electrician, tree service, radiator service, car inspections

Thank You for the great review. We appreciate your business. Give us a call when your vehicle needs servicing. Thanks Again Dennis
Marc L.
08/27/2018
Quick and to the point. This shop runs like a well oiled machine. Quick honest answers and quality service. I would never go elsewhere.
Description of Work
Oil Change, Tires, Brakes
auto repair, car tires

Thanks for choosing our company to service your car. I appreciate the opportunity. I will always try to give you and all our customers the best service I can. Thank you very much. DENNIS
Abdul H.
07/31/2018
The best knowledgeable mechanics. Extremely Honest. Reasonable price. I was driving to Pennsylvania from Stony Brook, Long Island, NY. My GMC Yukon start sounding metal grinding behind driver side rear wheel. I pulled over route 80 exit 57 west bound. Had to spend night at TowneHouse Inn near Paterson New Jersey. Fisrt thing next moring I googled nearby shop and found Elmwood Certified Auto Service 2 miles away. Dennis fixed my car in 30 min. Found my emergency break pad came out and was rubbing and he told me all the options. In $45 total I was driving back to Pennsylvania. I then went to Canada and drove car trouble free from Niagra to Mississauga and Toronto back and forth. Dennis was my Angel. Real nice and honest Italian fella.

Abigail G.
07/13/2018
The experience was overall amazing. After just having my car brake down in the middle of the road, I arrived to the nearest mechanic which lead me here. Not only had they accepted my situation, they quickly started to examine my car, I learned that it was just a minor axel fix. They were so nice enough to have my car ready that same day. I'd like to apperiacte everyone there who helped get the pieces and labor done in time. They even went the extra mile and examine the car for any other problems such as driving it to make sure it's okay. They also fixed my broken license plate! Everything turned out to be offertable too!! This is the spot for honest genuine feedback. As I can ever say it many times, thank you guys a whole bunch. Definitely until next time - abi
Description of Work
My car broke down needed a new axel piece for tire movement

Joshua B.
02/06/2018
This is probably the only place I would trust with my car. I started coming here a little over a year ago when I got my car in 2016 by my dad’s recommendation who’s been going here for years, and I can honestly say that I’ve always had a positive experience since then. Dennis and his team always do an amazing job in whatever service I need while maintaining the same level of quality and efficiency throughout. They’ve always been accommodating to my schedule, especially if I had to stop in early in the morning before going to work or if I had a busy schedule. What I admire the most about this place is the transparency Dennis and his team have. Whenever I go to any other car service center or dealership for a certain service (check engine light, recall, general concern, etc.) they’d always tell me that something’s wrong with my car and then some more and that it needed to be fixed immediately via the most expensive service that they offer. Dennis always responds to my concerns honestly and thoroughly whenever completing and reviewing a service, even when I have specific questions or concerns. He is extremely straightforward and always gives me great recommendations in taking care of my car. I can definitely attest that he and his team are here for honest, quality service for your car and not to make as much money off of you each time you visit. If you need to go to a place for any sort of auto service, this is the first place I’d recommend without a doubt.
Description of Work
Oil Change, Tire Rotation and Balance, and General Inspection

Myrt F.
01/26/2018
great - Dennis (owner) saved me hundred of dollars fixing my car; did not need a new oil pan or engine oil leak as recommended by Mahwah Honda. I highly recommend Dennis and his company. Excellent and Honest. Trust in Dennis
Description of Work
service engine and oil pan

Laurie P.
11/07/2017
Always goes very well! Dennis, the owner, gives very personalized service. His staff is courteous, knowledgeable, and very helpful. They always get us on the schedule in a very timely manner and take us on an emergency basis when needed. Prices are very fair. He is honest! We know we're getting the best service possible and totally trust his judgement in servicing our vehicles. We're grateful to have an honest mechanic!
Description of Work
Regular repairs and maintenance for all our vehicles. Also, emergency work.

kirk S.
10/27/2017
I have several cars ranging from an old Dodge to Hyundai to Porsche and Elmwood Certified Auto Service has handled repairs on all of these vehicles without issue, and have saved me significant cash over dealer repair shops. They are readily available, provide good upfront estimates, do the work quickly and accurately. Its difficult to fine a repair shop that is trustworthy and good. I highly recommend Elmwood Auto service, and you can see why they get such great reviews.
Description of Work
Brakes, gas gauge,

Martin S.
09/27/2017
Dealing with Dennis made the service go as smoothly a possible. He was friendly, easy to talk to, knowledgeable and got my car in right away. I'm a DIY-er and wanted someone more experienced to perform the work. Dennis(and Randy) were up front about additional costs(if there were going to be any). They explained why services were needed and how the services would the cars performance - no surprises. The best thing about using Certified Auto Services is they were able to tell me exactly when the car would finished to the minute! Now my car is running better than ever. These guys are my new mechanics.
Description of Work
I took my Mercedes E 320 to Certified Auto Services because I needed a new fuel filter, fuel line, oil change and tune up.

Thank you for the great review. Call us when you need service. Thanks Dennis
richard V.
09/12/2017
it's never easy writing a check for car repair bc a lot of lot of time you never really know what you are paying for so it is refreshing when you find professionals that are transparent to every detail ....every part price why they are using said part down to how much time would be required even showing you the old parts...honest work for an honest price that's all a person can ask for!!
Description of Work
2015 MINI Countryman pads rotor and caliper
auto repair

Thanks for your great review, I hope to see you for your regular maintenance. Thanks again Dennis
Robert K.
07/14/2017
I have done my share of wrench turning in my life. These guys do it right. They have worked with me to accommodate my specific desires which resulted in me being pleased with the results. Not your typical mechanics in a good way.
Description of Work
They have done a lot on 2 older vehicles.
Category
auto repair, transmission repair, electrician, radiator service

Thanks for the great report.Call us if we can help you in the future, I would like to do your routine maintenance. Thanks again Dennis
JoAnn O.
06/15/2017
they were so considerate and understanding. explained everything.
Description of Work
mechanical on my bmw
auto repair, radiator service

Leslie S.
06/04/2017
Excellent, the tree was removed fast and very efficiently done. It was a very old tree and took a lot to take it down. We were Very impressed.
Description of Work
We had an enormous tree that needed to be removed. After checking with several companies, they had an amazing price. We were all amazed at how fast they took the tree down, how professional they were, in addition to the price
tree service

Thanks ?
Sean R.
06/01/2017
It went great. Dennis is honest and a straight-shooter. He explains what he's doing and why in a way that even the most mechanically disinclined person could understand. ECAS is now out of my way (I moved) but I will continue to solicit ECAS for any car work because I trust Dennis and his team.
Description of Work
Car inspection for cross country trip, AC service, and knock sensor replacement.
Category
auto repair, car tires, electrician, car inspections

GEORGE C.
05/23/2017
At just shy of $700, cost was later confirmed to be unreasonable. Biggest disappointment came upon discovering a huge gouge under the spare tire they replaced w/ the new one after I removed cover to check the work was secure. Responsible party must have thought I'd never detect it & no-one came clean by alerting me to the damage.
Description of Work
We had our Toyota Rav4 completely serviced at 30,000 miles. They also checked the rear-mounted spare tire's inflation level and reset the maintenance light.
Matthew D.
05/12/2017
Dennis and his crew were amazing. On the Camry he did the diagnostics and realized that there was nothing wrong except that the gas cap needed to be replaced, which is why the check engine light had been coming on periodically for the last year or so. He could've easily charged me hundreds of dollars for something I didn't need but told me the truth, which only cost me $30 for a new gas cap. With the Jeep he did the inspection, rotated the tires, and changed the oil, which is what I asked for. On top of that I told him to do a general check up to make sure everything looked ok. He said all of the major parts looked great, but changed the air filters which he noticed were dirty (He even showed them to me so I could see for myself) and changed all 3 wiper blades, which had metal protruding from the rubber. You wont find a better or more honest Auto Service place anywhere in the area, Ive been going to Elmwood for 5 years now and will be going back for many more.
Description of Work
Check engine light came on my Camry and our Jeep needed an inspection and general checkup.

Ken S.
05/06/2017
Work was timely performed after cost was given. Very professional outfit and I will definitely be bringing my car back for any needed repairs or maintenance.
Description of Work
brakes front and rear, replace fan belts, oil change, alternator, stabilizers

Jean D.
04/28/2017
I was searching on and found this great place google
Description of Work
My power windows did not work. I came in and was able to really find the problem, at a price I can fix it. The owner really friendly and helpful. I will be back for more.

Joanna A.
04/24/2017
The air conditioner is working perfectly. The cool temperature will be great during the warmer weather that we are expecting later this week. My husband will be ecstatic once he tries this...he has been miserable for the last few weeks.
Description of Work
My 2009 Acura needed to have the air compressor and air conditioner services.

maxwell W.
04/21/2017
Great, wouldn't trust anyone else with my car.
Description of Work
Tire replacement

Sean S.
04/18/2017
Excellent! They did an excellent job on my 2004 Nissan maxima SL. I will recommend people to go to 'Elwood Certified Auto Service' instead of the dealerships. 😊👍👍👍 And Dennis is a very good and honest master mechanic.
Description of Work
1) emergency Transmission flushed 2) rear brakes repair 3) power steering pump 4) 120,000 mile maintenance 5) rack and pinion 6) wheel balancing 7) Wheel alignment 8) battery checked
Category
muffler repair, auto repair, car tires, transmission repair, radiator service, car inspections

Carol L.
09/17/2016
Fantastic. Dennis the owner is a very knowledgable, conscientious, well trained (Master mechanic: he and I chatted and he told me about his education in car mechanics which was very impressive )and HONEST mechanic who fixed everything while I waited. He showed me the car parts that were old/damaged and told me what he was going to do, and what was optional and why. He showed me the battery which was buckling and corroded: told me I could wait to replace and how long it would last if I did not (a year).He replaced parts with original toyota parts on my 2003 Matrix. He cleaned off all the glue on my roof (a tedious job) from the duct tape I had been using on plastic to cover my roof because he wanted the car to look good. A full service attentive shop. He was a pleasure to work with.
Description of Work
New brakes, tune up, fix sun roof,new battery, air conditioning :clean filters, replace freon
auto repair

Service Provider Response:Edit THANKS FOR GIVING US THE OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE YOU. WE APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS. IF WE COULD BE OF ANY SERVICE TO YOU IN THE FUTURE PLEASE CALL US. THANKS AGAIN, DENNIS
Valerie L.
09/02/2016
Anyone buying a used vehicle should have it checked out by a mechanic who has your best interest in mind and not the dealerships, and this was even more important being that we were buying a car 2 hours away in another state! For under $100 we were not only given peace of mind that the car was overall in good condition, we were able to get the dealership to replace a leaking component that not only would have cost us $$$ to fix, but could have possibly caused the car to break down on the 2 hour drive back. Also, the money paid for the pre-purchase inspection can be used towards fixing what is found wrong during the inspection should you choose to bring the car back to this shop for work. So glad we found a great mechanic/shop in an area we were not familiar with. If I lived in the area this would be the place I would go!
Description of Work
Pre-purchase inspection
Valerie L.
09/02/2016
Anyone buying a used vehicle should have it checked out by a mechanic who has your best interest in mind and not the dealerships, and this was even more important being that we were buying a car 2 hours away in another state! For under $100 we were not only given peace of mind that the car was overall in good condition, we were able to get the dealership to replace a leaking component that not only would have cost us $$$ to fix, but could have possibly caused the car to break down on the 2 hour drive back. Also, the money paid for the pre-purchase inspection can be used towards fixing what is found wrong during the inspection should you choose to bring the car back to this shop for work. So glad we found a great mechanic/shop in an area we were not familiar with. If I lived in that area this would be the place I would go!
Description of Work
Pre-purchase inspection

ronald D.
07/19/2016
've taken all my cars to ECAS for years. I would never go to any other mechanic. After dropping my car off, i get a phone call within the hour informing me of what needs to be done, the cost and how long it will take. My car is always ready the same day. Dennis is always very professional and honest and i highly recommend Elmwood Certified Auto Services for all one's mechanic needs. Anyone i've suggested to go there is equally satisfied.
Description of Work
Performed a complete check on a used car i was buying.