Competitive Aluminum Inc

Founded 1971 • With Angi since December 2005

3 Jacqueline Ct

Edison, NJ 08820

license # 13vh02461900. Award winning. James Hardie Preferred Remodeler. Additional contact name - Robert Bailey. Additional email - garycompetitive@comcast.net. Additional address - 1508 E Front St, Scotch Plains, New Jersey, 07076....

08/03/2017

Rory M.

They provided a quote for our windows & siding project but we decided to go with another company. I will consider using them again in the future.

Description of Work
Siding & Windows

Category siding,replacement windows

02/05/2017

Robin P.

Now the son Gary PuppA continueds to side homes with the best quality of materials and his personal design trim work is beautiful. He takes a lot of pride in his work. NOW HE HAS GOTTEN INTO BUIKDING HOMES AND GENERAL CONSTRUCTION. I CANT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT THIS WONDERFUL COMPANY. I'll just have to say all the following is rated excellent by me. Competitive is presently putting on a 2000 sq ft mother daughter addition onto my home. It's more a second home than addition!! Keep in mind I've owned 5 homes in the area and have run through my fair share of remodeling and contractors .GARY IS EXCELLENT IN HIS QUALITY AND CRAFTMENSHIP, GARY IS ON THE JOB EVERYDAY AND RETURNS CALLS AND MESSAGES WITHIN 10 minutes!! He goes over and above with what he includes within his price which is always fair, so pleasant to work with and that includes all his subs as well. He uses subs that have a quality reputation and also most have been in business for years. They are very professional and keep the job site as clean as possible. My parents are so impressed with Gary's work and he himself and as my dad says, I would never use anyone else for construction except Gary PuppA !!! I can't say enough how pleased we have been from planning the addition right through the present . AND.... Because he and his crews are here everyday all day , this addition will be finished within the time frame he gave us or earlier. Drive by to see his work. I highly recommend competitive aluminum. The only thing I can say to gary is CHANGE THE NAME OF THE CONSTRUCTION END OF THIS BUSINESS TO SOMETHING THAT REFLECTS ALL THE HOME BUILDING AND CONSTRUCTION HE DOES!!! But I guess with their quality reputation why change a good thing!!!!

Description of Work
Since 1995 I have used this company to side three homes of mine in Westfield and scotch plains. They also sided my daughters home in scotch plains two years ago . Gary Sr. Sided my home in Westfield and since then he and his son also Gary, have continued to do work for me and my family.

Category contractors,decks,gutter repair,masonry,remodeling,roofing,siding,replacement windows,skylights,marble & granite,home remodeling,doors,hardscaping

06/22/2015

Karen P.

Went great!very happy they were professional from the cost estimate through the entire job. Will use them on my next project.

Description of Work
Siding,windows, header in garage, garage doors and all trim.

Category siding,replacement windows

05/06/2015

Shirley A.

They are very good. They did the job in one day. The price was good and they were very professional and did a roofing job and we haven't had a problem it was couple of years ago. I would recommend them. They were in and out in one day. They cleaned up and did a beautiful job. You can't say anything wrong about it. We dealt with the owner. He came out and gave me estimate and he knew the crew and knew what they weer doing. It was like a well orchestrated play. The dumpster out here first, then roof came of and shingles got delivered 7 o'clock 8 o'clock 9 o'clock and they were out of here by 4 which is great.

Description of Work
I used Competitive Aluminum for roofing.

Category contractors,garage builders

05/04/2015

Sophia S.

Gary from Competitive is very professional, courteous and responsive. They did all the demo work, insulation, electrical, plumbing, etc. to bring everything up to code as well as creating a shower to make a half bath into a full bath. He is a great project manager who ensures tasks are tracking while keeping us (the homeowners) in the loop. We are very pleased with the product and service Competitive provided.

Description of Work
Competitive remodeled half bath to full bath.

10/25/2014

Tina A.

It went excellent, very customer friendly. He really walked me through everything and kept me in the loop. He always asked for suggestions and did what I wanted.

Description of Work
Put down a new floor, and new cabinets for one side of the kitchen.

Category remodeling,home remodeling

06/23/2014

Ed R.

It went very well, great contractor.

Description of Work
Intalled vynl windows and storm doors

06/08/2014

Karen C.

We were thoroughly satisfied and pleased with the work Rob and his crew did on our house--on both our siding as well as our kitchen renovation. For our siding, we had our existing siding removed and replaced as well as a few windows replaced. The workers were timely and competent, and the workmanship was top-notch. For our kitchen, the work was, again, top notch. The budget we agreed upon and adhered to, and anything that came up was discussed at length. Rob and his crew were fantastic to deal with. Rob always responded to emails or phone calls within a few hours, if not immediately. I would absolutely use Rob, Gary, and their crews again for any job.

Description of Work
We have had Competitive Aluminum do a number of jobs for our house, including our kitchen renovation and our siding/windows. I've also had other family members use the company for various jobs, and everyone has been happy with the results.

05/20/2014

Gwendolyn M.

Comp Alum completely remodeled our kitchen and master bathroom. They went down to studs, re-did electrical, plumbing, cabinets, drywall, tile, windows, hardwood floors and appliance install. The job worked out perfectly and both rooms are absolutely beautiful....I now have a dream kitchen and custom shower. Robert from competitive was extremely responsive...always responded to my texts or calls within second to minutes, whether it was a morning, weeknight or weekend. All of the members of the team were polite, professional, and skilled. I used competitive aluminum through a friend's referral about 8 years ago for a much smaller renovation ( windows, patio door and drywall in a family room), and asked them to come back again for this bigger reno. I already plan to have them come back to do the windows in our entire house and later next year build a deck for us. Overall the quality of the service and the experience were excellent. The pricing was also fair..... I felt they did not overcharge, or "pad" any of the jobs. Thanks very much to Robert and the team!!

Description of Work
Renovation of Kitchen and Bathroom

Category decks,remodeling,doors

05/19/2014

Christopher T.

I would like to thank Rob from Competitive Aluminum for his professionalism. He took the time to explain the whole process and even checked on the crew during the job. They replaced my roof after Hurricane Sandy damaged it. While many contractors were overcharging, Competitive Aluminum gave us a great price, did the work on-time and left us with a real nice looking roof. Now for the important part; that was over a year and a half ago and it still looks great with no leaks! Just yesterday, my neighbor asked about my roof explaining that they need a new roof too! They will be calling Rob soon.

Description of Work
They removed my old roof and installed a new one.

04/15/2014

Paulette D.

They did an excellent job, from coming to the house for measurement and estimation with brochures to delivery and follow through. The tile men were very experienced and skilled. They helped advise on color, pattern and grout. The price did not include tile or grout which I chose and provided. Both jobs came out beautifully.

Description of Work
A new front door was installed. They moved my existing, very expensive locks to the new door and made sure that the door fit properly with the existing storm door. It was also a tricky installation because my door measurements were custom and not standard. The company also did a new tile backsplash in my kitchen a few months later.

Category siding,doors

04/14/2014

VICTOR C.

Did not use this contractor.

Description of Work
Did not use since price for work to be completed was too high.

Category siding

Why would you grade us, if you didn't use us? Gary

03/17/2014

Isaac W.

Let me preface my review by saying that this was a small job ($600), which i know is not usually appealing to contractors who prefer to invest their time on high-price-tag jobs. Anyway, it was generally easy to get these guys on the phone. They were kind and courteous, but it just took a while (weeks) before we were actually able to set up a date for them to do the work. They said they were very busy so it was tough to squeeze my job in. Once we scheduled the work, they came that day, as scheduled, and performed the work in a satisfactory manner. They cleaned up after themselves (always a plus!) and they allowed me to send them a check by mail. Overall, I'm very happy with Competitive Aluminum and would use them again.

Description of Work
Replaced small sections of aluminum siding damaged in storms.

10/01/2013

John M.

Due to a very busy schedule we waited a while to get Competitive here for a price quote. Once we did and agreed to their fair price, the job went well and on schedule. We also use Competitive for annual maintenance on our main building of 12,000 sq ft. The owner Gary, is a no nonsense, honest businessman and his supervisor was concerned about doing a good job Not only would I use Competitive again, but I have recommended them to others needing their services.

Description of Work
Replaced a medium size roof after Super Storm Sandy

09/12/2013

Linda S.

The price was very competitive. The quality was excellent. I was impressed with how they arrived on time and finished the job on time. There were a couple of rotten boards which they replaced in order to complete the job. I did not have to hire another company, they were able to make any needed repairs. They did a very good job and provided good advice about what type of siding to use for the style and condition of the house.

Description of Work
They removed the old wood shingled siding. They replaced it with new vinyl siding.

09/11/2013

Rich R.

It was very intricate work with all the cuts and capping. I haven't had squirrel since. Those parts of the house looks like new. Izzy was quite, tireless, no nonsense and you couldn't ask for a harder worker.

Description of Work
They put wire mesh to close up all the openings by our eves. They capped it with aluminum. Then he redesigned the front of the house because the first part looked so good.

Category contractors,remodeling,siding

09/02/2013

Mark T.

Team was efficient and professional. Projected two days, and completed in 1 day.

Description of Work
After hurricane sandy, I had problems with my windows. Unfortunately, my windows are very large, and 60 feet above ground. Originally, I had two contractors tell me I needed new windows, and quote a very high price. Competitive repaired the windows at less than a 20% the price.

08/26/2013

PAUL M.

They did an excellent job. They did what they said what they would do.

Description of Work
They took off the old and replace it with a new roof. They also did some plywood repair.

08/09/2013

Elix R F.

They were pretty good. They were very professional and did keep their appointment. They said when they're going to come and they did come on time, so if I needed to use them I would definitely use them. He was also very subtle and gave us different options. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
The Competitive Aluminum provided me a quote of their siding services.

08/05/2013

BERISSA F.

They did an excellent job. We had excellent communication and they did everything they promised they would do.

Description of Work
Put a new roof over existing roof. They also corrected some small siding problems caused by woodpeckers and also a rotted piece of molding.

07/19/2013

William B.

I've used them multiple times for many things. They did my windows and siding in two houses. They did a roof on another house. I've used them to the tune of probably $70,000. I don't even check any place else or do any price comparison for any of these issues. He is honest and they do a good job. I would recommend them highly.

Description of Work
I used Competitive Aluminum to put in a skylight.

Category roofing,siding,replacement windows,skylights

06/24/2013

Mary O.

Gary is great to work with. The job was done in one day and the clean up was amazing. I plan to use Competitive for some additional work and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Removed four layers of roof to rafters, installed new plywood and roofing. Replaced all gutters.

03/12/2013

Susan F.

They're good which means they're busy so you may have to wait but it's so worth it.

Description of Work
This is the second job that I've had done by Competitive. They did my roof and siding about 6 years ago and they've just completed repairs for me due to Superstorm Sandy. Great communication, clean, punctual, and they didn't even mind my watching them work (because I'm such a home improvement buff).

03/06/2013

ELLEN W.

They were able to do all of the repairs in one day. Most of the damage was on the trim, and they were able to get that replaced. They did a nice job and it looks much nicer now.

Description of Work
They had originally installed the aluminum siding on my home about 20 years ago. After Sandy came through, I called them to do some repairs.

02/12/2013

Jennifer W.

COMPETITIVE ALUMINUM's price was very competitive. They do a good job and at a very reasonable price.

Description of Work
We used them for siding and replaced the gutters.

Category gutter repair,siding

American Chimney Service

Family owned & operated. With over twenty years experience, Robert Brancaccio, owner of American Chimney Service, believes that obtaining the proper certifications and licenses greatly enhanced his business and his ability to service his customers properly. While the State of New Jersey does not require certifications for chimney sweeping and cleaning services, American Chimney Service does. At American Chimney Service, we hold ourselves accountable for every job we take on. We always follow through, and take our responsibilities seriously, as we know that this is the key to success. We are open and honest, always making sure to inform clients of their options and deliver value. Integrity is critical, and we try and make recommendations that will save clients time and money. We also pride ourselves on products and work of the highest quality to help maintain the safety and well being of our clients. We know that your time is valuable, and therefore strive to provide service and solve problems with minimal inconvenience. We do the right job the first time. Every time. Every American Chimney technician drives a truck that is fully stocked with more than 1,000 parts, so most repairs can be completed during the first visit. If you are unhappy for any reason, we will redo the repair for free. We also offer same day service. Additional email: info@americanchimneyservice.com. Additional phone: (201) 342-3660, (973) 351-3300. Additional DBA - RNR Corp.

Offers by American Chimney Service on Angi
    Down Under Waterproofing & Foundation Repair

Down Under Waterproofing, Inc. is a family-owned business that has been providing basement waterproofing, foundation and structural repair, basement finishing, stucco, retaining walls and masonry services. to the New Jersey amd Eastern Pennsylvania areas since 2006. As a fully qualified, licensed and insured waterproofing contractor with over 2000 satisfied customers, we enjoy an excellent reputation and employ only the most effective and widely accepted methods in the industry.

Offers by Down Under Waterproofing & Foundation Repair on Angi
    All Jersey Landscape LLC

Landscape and Stone Pavers professionals, Decorative Rock installations, Mulch installations, Flagstone pavers installation, Blue Stone pavers installations, and natural stone steps/stairs installations. We specialize in patios and walkways. We are licensed and insured with 15+ years experience and look forward to satisfying all of your project needs. Our goal is always to offer clients great quality work at an affordable price with transparency when completing a project.

Check, Visa, MasterCard

Aluminum Services - casement windows, vinyl siding, James Hardie siding, windows, ice & snow barriers, cedar shakes, fascia, soffit, gutters & downspouts, roof accessories, doors, shutters, insulated windows, new roofs, roofing, storm doors, roof coatings, asphalt shingles, steel doors, siding, flashing, trim & garden windows