Appliance Doctor Inc

Founded 1986 • With Angi since December 2005

6 Eardley Rd

Edison, NJ 08817

No subs, I'm a one-man operation. Travel charges apply. Please call for all inquiries, I do not have access to emails very frequently....

05/06/2021

deborah K.

It was a very good service and the price is reasonable.

Description of Work
They repaired a washing machine.

06/27/2020

Michael F.

Responded same day to my message requesting service. Arrived on time. Very quickly diagnosed the problem and made the repair. Professional. Extra points for very seriously following COVID-19 precautions.

Description of Work
Over ignition replacement

06/25/2018

barbara R.

quick, professional, clean, and the problem is gone.

Description of Work
repair to washer

09/14/2017

Naren J.

Steve came exactly on time and fixed the dryer no fuss. He had all the parts in his truck. Liked that he knows his way around the appliance and his explanations of repairing vs buying in this instance made sense.

Description of Work
Dryer repair

09/01/2017

Russell S.

It couldn't have worked out better: Steve immediately diagnosed both problems. For the gas range, he replaced the 'igniter' and the oven/broiler was working again within ten minutes of when he started. He diagnosed the washer problem as the 'coupling' which, in place of a drive-belt, drives the basket mechanism from the motor. He had to disassemble the washer in order to make the replacement; and it was working again about twenty minutes after he made the diagnosis.

Description of Work
I needed repairs on two Kenmore appliances: a gas range and a washer . The gas range's oven/broiler did not work; and the washer mechanism wouldn't spin the clothes-basket, also making a loud clattering sound when switched on.

10/25/2016

Michael F.

They were reliable, honest. They were very polite and professional. They solved the problem quickly.

Description of Work
It was my oven.

07/18/2016

Candy L.

Very well - diagnosed the problem and corrected in a short period of time. Called Appliance Dr in the early morning 8:30 was out the house at 10:30 am the same day and everything was repaired right away.

Description of Work
Repair Range Oven and Stove top - Oven when turned on would take forever to light and would get a smell of gas while waiting for the oven to heat up. and the Stove top burner would take a long time to ignite as well.

05/31/2016

Beata M.

I called Steve for the first time in October of 2015. It was a Sunday and I didn't expect a callback until the next day. Steve not only called back but he came out that day and had the dryer fixed in less than half an hour. Had a different problem with the dryer in December 2015, and he was just as prompt and efficient as the first time. He had the dryer up and running again in less than half an hour.

Description of Work
Fixed my dryer.

05/20/2016

Stephanie L.

Steve did an excellent job fixing my 50 year old clothes dryer. It works better then new! He was very polite, efficient and came right on time! I was very pleased with the service.

Description of Work
Replaced an idler pulley in my dryer.

11/19/2015

Janet G.

I was very pleased with the service and the ability to diagnose the problem and then solve it. He was very courteous and professional.

Description of Work
Fix Dryer

09/15/2015

Susan C.

Steve came the same day to fix our dryer, even though it meant working late that day. It was an electrical issue. He had to replace 2 striped wires, which he had in his truck. He was quick and professional. I would definitely use him again!

Description of Work
Fixed my dryer.

02/16/2015

Ruby H.

washer and range fixed during the visit. He fixed everything quickly and efficiently parts ordered for the hood

Description of Work
Fixed a washing machine, fix a Dacor range, and fix a Best exhaust hood

01/15/2015

Lori R.

Technician was able to make an early morning appointment so I wouldn't be too late to work. He quickly diagnosed the issue with my dryer and fortunately had the part on hand. Have not had an issue since. Would recommend to friends and family.

Description of Work
Replaced a belt switch on dryer that was just a few months out of warranty

11/12/2014

Maria B.

My elderly aunt was having trouble with her refrigerator. There was a leak in an interior pipe. She contacted a number of local handymen and no one was able to fix the problem. I searched for a repair company in her area to help get her refrigerator fixed. I found Appliance Doctor and my aunt got in touch with them. She was very pleased with them. They were polite and professional. They came out quickly and repaired her refrigerator without issue. She keeps thanking me for finding Appliance Doctor for her.

Description of Work
repair a leaky refrigerator

Category appliance repair, plumbing

10/18/2014

Louise R.

It was a pleasure doing business with Steve. He responded quickly to our inquiry, arrived when promised, was very pleasant and professional. He had to order a new icemaker as well as parts for the microwave, but it wasn't long before he had the parts and completed the repairs. Thanks to the great job he did, our 15 year old refrigerator and microwave are good as new. We wouldn't hesitate to call Steve again if the need arises.

Description of Work
Replaced icemaker and repaired microwave.

04/12/2014

Ganesh S.

My clothes drier stopped working. We called Steve to diagnose the problem. He accommodated our request to come after 6 PM and was on time. He promptly assessed the problem (broken belt) and fixed it right away. Would highly recommend him based on my experience.

Description of Work
My clothes drier stopped working. Steve repaired it in 20 minutes.

04/03/2014

Niles C.

Very pleasant to deal with. He offered some helpful advice on other major appliances in the kitchen.

Description of Work
Stove was not working. He evaluated the problem and fixed the issue. It was a simple fix so I appreciate his honesty.

08/22/2013

Avri A.

Admittedly, the service being written about is hard to judge. During a recent heat wave my stove was making a strange noise. I was unsure as to the cause and therefore called for service to check out the stove. By the time of the service appointment, the heat wave had subsided and the noise was no longer an issue. Apart from a quick check out of my stove, most of the service call resulted in a low keyed discussion of the effects of the heat wave especially the service provider's experiences. Not much had been done but then again, not much had to be done. So how do you judge this type of visit?

Description of Work
Checked out stove.

07/14/2013

Michael L.

Excellent. Very professional - figured out which part needed to be replaced very quickly and had it repaired and working in less than 1/2 an hour. Would definitely use again!

Description of Work
He diagnosed what was wrong with our drier, which went on, but didn't get hot, even though gas line was connected.

05/08/2013

Michelle F.

We contacted the Appliance Doctor on a Wednesday morning and he scheduled a service call for the next morning between 9 and 11am. He arrived promptly, plugged in the machine, watched the machine shut itself off mid-cycle, and informed us the circuit board was fried and we should just buy a new machine. He said he would quote us the price to replace the circuit board. For this service call, which was less than 15 minutes, and maybe 15 minutes of travel time tops, he charged us $75. He also never got back to us with a cost to replace the circuit board, and I had to call GE directly myself to get a quote on the part. So to sum it up... The Appliance Doctor showed up, plugged the washing machine in, diagnosed it as too costly to repair, never gave us a quote for repair, and charged us $75. Draw your own conclusions, but we will not be calling the Applicance Doctor again.

Description of Work
Service call for GE washing machine that was not working properly. Machine would shut down mid-cycle, leaving clothes sopping wet.

03/13/2013

Lisa H.

My refrigerator had water collecting in the bottom. Steve came out the same day I called and immediately found the problem: a clogged drain in the freezer. He emptied the freezer, installed a part to keep the drain running freely, and then replaced all the items in the freezer more neatly than they'd been before. He also answered my questions about what sort of refrigerator to buy (the most basic one I can find, with the fewest fancy features, was the answer). I would definitely call him again.

Description of Work
Steve removed excess ice from my freezer and installed a part in its drain to ensure it wouldn't clog again.

01/08/2013

Jan R.

He was punctual, friendly and forthcoming. I will use him again.

Description of Work
Steve came to look at an old Maytag oven that keeps giving me fault codes. He serviced the unit, retightening loose connections, that ran the oven to see if it would wig out. So far so good. But if the fault codes return, he said he would try to research similar (discontinued) models for clues .

12/31/2012

Harold V.

I called Appliance Doctor, spoke with a person who said she would have a service rep get back to me. That happened within 20 min. and within another 20 minutes he was at my home. Steve was very personable and informative. It was a pleasure to speak with him. I told him about the sounds coming from the dishwasher. He took apart the bottom working parts and removed two items that came off of something we had washed. Vacuumed out the bottom of the unit to make sure there was no other minute element that could cause damage, put it all back together and explained what he was doing as he went along. I am so happy I could have this work done so quickly and efficiently. The cost was much less than I expected. PSEand G wanted more than what I paid just to come look at it. I would use this company again and would definitely recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Cleaned out the inner workings of my dishwasher.

11/12/2012

Edneil E.

We called Appliance Doctor on a Sunday afternoon after we realized our refrigerator was not working. They came the next day and replaced the starter on our refrigerator. Problem was immediately solved. They were there less than 30 minutes to fix the problem.

Description of Work
Repaired refrigerator

10/29/2012

Patricia D.

The repair was accomplished quickly and efficiently and at the price estimated when the technician arrived. He explained to me what the problem was and showed me the clogged draine line. He gave advice on avoiding the problem in future. MY only complaint was the communication system. You can ONLY contact the technician through the central number, even if he left you a message 30 seconds earlier. Every single time I returned a call (which was several times as I had some personal scheduling challenges), I had to give all of my information to the answering service all over again: name, phone, address, appliance, etc. This was annoying and inefficient; a case number would have been easier. Being able to call back directly would have been MUCH easier. Also, only the technician can provide any information about when your repair might be scheduled. The person answering the phone has no idea and you have to wait for the technician to call and you won't get an idea of when that call will be. If you miss that call you will have to go back into the same waiting/calling loop as described above.

Description of Work
My Fisher-paykel washing machine would not drain because I tried to wash and spin dry a rug whose backing disintegrated in the washer, clogging the drain line. The technician pumped out the standing water and cleaned out the drain line.

Arctic Air Conditioning

Arctic Air Conditioning is a family run business that has served Monmouth, Ocean, Middlesex, and Somerset counties since 1977. We now also service Essex, Morris, Union, Burlington, and Hunterdon. We specialize in residential and commercial Air Conditioning, Heating, Humidification, indoor air quality. Our other services include Plumbing and Electrical. Our philosophy is to provide top of the line equipment with the best installation and service available in the industry. We are an award winning Lennox Dealer and Home Depot Service Provider.

Schaible's Plumbing & Heating Inc.

We are proud to have have earned your trust when servicing your plumbing and heating needs. Since our inception, our goal has always been to provide great service and to explore new ways we can improve on this goal. Hoffmann & Sons has become a member of the Schaible’s Plumbing & Heating family, a merger that will allow you to realize an even higher standard of performance, flexibility, and offered services. The bridging of these two great companies is now complete. We are committed to customer service, affordable prices, and quality workmanship. From the smallest of leaks to complete house plumbing systems, Schaible's Plumbing & Heating Inc. will not only meet your expectations, we will exceed them.

Horizon Services

Horizon Services is the region’s largest and most well respected plumbing, heating and air conditioning company, with nearly 600 employees serving tens of thousands of homeowners throughout Delaware, Southeastern Pennsylvania, Southern New Jersey, and Northeastern Maryland. After a quarter of a century in business, Horizon Services remains fully committed to setting the industry standard for customer service, installation, and focusing on things that are important to busy homeowners: respect for their time, their home and their property; up-front pricing, and an unconditional 100% money back guarantee. Horizon Services is the Heating Company Your Friends and Neighbors Call to Keep Warm All Winter Long!

Offers by Horizon Services on Angi