A1 American Home Improvement

03/31/2022

7 Highway Terrace

Edison, NJ 08817

All services available

Please call for more details.

Home Improvement Company Specializing in Interior Residental Home Improvement Projects to small repairs up to Kitchen and Bathroom Remodels and Finished Basements...

handyman (13)general contractors (12)door installation (7)interior painting (7)drywall (6)home remodeling (5)woodworking (4)flooring (4)ceiling fan installation (2)window replacement (2)screen repair (2)hardwood floors (2)

07/26/2021

I asked for someone to take a look at the things I needed done and provide an estimate. The guy showed up and I asked him to either take off shoes or cover them with a plastic bag or some other covering. He simply took off saying he will be back another time but I could see he was annoyed with my request to take off shoes. He said it is a safety hazard, which I am not sure how.

Description of Work
General Handymen work

Category electrician,handyman service

Work Completed On 07/20/2021

I was unable to take my shoes off due to insurance reasons in case I slip on a floor or step on a sharp object. I am sorry that the customer thought I was being dismissive with him on that day and misunderstood what I was trying to tell him. I DID NOT DO ANY TYPE OF WORK FOR THIS CUSTOMER NOR DID I GIVE HIM AN ESTIMATE FOR ANY WORK HE NEEDED DONE. THE PEOPLE WHO I COMPLETED WORK FOR IN OTHER REVIE...

07/05/2021

Great Mike was prompt in arriving, neat at professional. His price was fair and I round Hurd him again and mist certainly recommend him to friends snd family.

Description of Work
screen repair and patio screen door replacement

Category screen repair

Work Completed On 07/05/2021

05/25/2021

I called Mike from A1 American Home Improvement to assemble several pieces of furniture. His price was fair so I hired him. He was responsive to emails and texts, came when he was supposed to and did a great job! He was also respectful and just an all around nice guy. I would definitely recommend him and plan to use him again for other odd jobs.

Description of Work
furniture assembly

Category handyman service

Work Completed On 05/25/2021

05/06/2021

Very well. These guys figure it out when things do not go smoothly. Very pleasant and punctual to work with.

Description of Work
whitewash fireplace, hang light fixture, install new closet door hardware, install exterior door sweep, install new light fixture in shower stall.

Category electrician

Work Completed On 05/06/2021

01/24/2021

It went very well. Walter and Mike are excellent handymen. They are professional, neat, punctual and competent. The work they did in my home looks wonderful and I am very pleased with their work. I am hiring them again to do additional work in my very old home! I will also refer them to my friends and family.

Description of Work
renovate bathroom and install attic stairs

Category handyman service

Work Completed On 01/25/2021

07/10/2020

Mike was wonderful and knowledgeable.I am looking forward to continuing to do more projects with him in the near future.

Description of Work
Bathroom spackled and painted.New medicine cabinet ,lights installed.Also replaced hardware.

Category contractors,handyman service,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 07/10/2020

03/05/2020

He completed the job very professionally. I plan on using him when I have another problem.

Description of Work
fix kitand bathroom sink cartridge

Category contractors

Work Completed On 03/09/2020

12/11/2019

The 1st time I met Walter & son, I am already confident that they will perform the job needed for my house. And they did not fail me. Very knowledgeable and dependable. They are quick, yet efficient. I will definitely hire them again in the future!

Description of Work
bathroom Shower repair

Category drywall,handyman service

Work Completed On 12/04/2019

09/05/2019

I used A1 to update a hall bathroom in a rental property. This involved a replacing a vanity, installing vinyl plank flooring and repainting. Walter and his son did a great job for me and were very easy to deal with. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Updated Bathroom

Category flooring contractor,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 09/05/2019

08/26/2019

Walter and Mike did a great job with all the repairs. I especially appreciate Walter's suggestions with the garage ceiling down, putting floor above ceiling, add attic stairs for easier access (was using ladder previously), adding more lighting (much better than before), repair basement stairway wall. I found all his suggestions to be extremely helpful as I would never have thought of it -until it...

Description of Work
Remove garage ceiling, install,compound,sand,paint new ceiling and attic stairs, flooring above ceiling, new ceiling light fixture, new wall outlets, and outlet in loft/ceiling area, patch walls, paint walls. Install OTR microwave, repair/replace weatherstripping on 2 doors, replace door threshold.

Category contractors,drywall,handyman service,interior painters

Work Completed On 09/02/2019

Handyman repairs, tile work, Drywall, Laminate and hardwood flooring, Kitchen and Bathroom repairs and Renovations, decking, Doors and Windows, Finished Bathrooms, etc.. Misc. Home Repairs

Roofing, siding, masonary, gutters, repairs involving areas that require a 12' or longer ladder, additions, driveways and patios with pavers or concrete