Alfano Renovations LLC

Founded 2000 • With Angi since October 2010

353 Hwy 35

Eatontown, NJ 07724

Alfano Renovations is a family owned and operated kitchen and bath renovations and building company that also owns a kitchen cabinet and tile showroom. We have created a unique environment for customers to have a contractor and showroom under one roof. Our company allows customers to visit our showroom and choose products such as kitchen cabinets, flooring and counter tops and have them installed by the same company. We offer design and architectural services to all customers for a fee. We also have a building division that can build new or add to an exisitng commercial or residential structure. Call for an in home or showroom appointement to discuss your next commercial or residential renovation....

10/03/2017

Melanie C.

Excellent! Pricing was in line with other companies Very professional, prompt and clean! Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, home remodeling

05/24/2017

Gene S.

Category remodeling

03/02/2017

Martin A.

At first the work proceeded well. We ran into a problem with the bathroom cabinets which were damaged. It took more than 8 weeks to get the issue resolved. Alfano was nasty to me when I asked him for an update telling me "why don't you call up the manufacturer". The work was eventually completed. About a year later, floor tiles in the shower around the drain came loose. I had to hire another tile guy to lay down a SECOND layer of tile, because the original layer was not cement down properly costing me and additional $400. I discovered a very disturbing problem a few months later. I trusted Alfano to do the work while my wife and I were at work, so I provided them with a key to our house. About six months after the work was completed, I opened a guitar case for a VERY expensive guitar I owned and found it to be missing. A then looked for a very expensive bass guitar I ket in my garage and noticed it was missing. A later found $2000 in cash missing from a unlocked safe. Alfano and his crew were the only ones I ever left in my hose unmonitored. I'm convinced one or their workman took these items.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodeling

Category home remodeling

After a discussion that I had with Angie's List customer service a few weeks ago it was explained to me that the criminal accusations against my firm that this customer posted from a project we completed 5 years won't be taken down; I honestly have zero interest in ever working with Angie's List again. I suggest other contractors and homeowners to also beware! This allegation is from a job we completed 5 years ago and the person claimed he noticed 2 guitars and cash stolen from his unlocked safe 6 months after we were finished. He never called the authorities, he never called my firm or insurance company to explain any of this. He admits these things, yet Angie's List stands behind this claim and leaves the post. Why would any of our employees steal guitars from two separate places in a a house? How would anyone know he had an unlocked safe? Why after 5 years would someone write this? Maybe he sees my company growing and is setting me up for extortion? Maybe he is waiting for me to respond and than contacts me and says for a fee he will remove it? I don't know! Obviously Angie's List has zero interest in validating the truth; only to try and extract more money from me with phone calls explaining how they can help teach me to push this review down the page and to get me to spend more money on advertising to possibly obtain jobs by paying for leads. Due to Angie's list unethical business practices, it is now going to cost me money to sue this person for slander and deformation. Plus, I have to take time to answer this insane post! This will give people a glimpse into what it's like when someone writes this about you and why it's ridiculous! Imagine your neighbor goes on the internet and writes that you stole items from his garage or home and that people should watch out for you. They say you were the only person to ever be near or in his garage. Meanwhile, there is no proof any of this took place. However, you are married with a wife and children and now your family faces the embarrassing task of explaining that their husband and father is not a thief and did not steal from the neighbor. Meanwhile, this stays on the internet for eternity. This is what Angie's List is promoting and helping to exist and it makes me sick! As for the damaged door taking too long to replace. I don't remember the tone of voice that was used 5 years ago; but on many occasions when the manufacturer takes too long with a replacement we always tell the customer to call them and ask first hand questions. Regarding the wrongly pitched shower base. If we were called back, we would have 100% fixed it, even beyond our warranty. He claims a "C" on pricing, he agreed to a contractual price before signing it. He also says the quality of work was poor, but he referred us work when we were finished at his house. This along with any other claims, we would be happy to address.

09/27/2016

Melanie C.

1000% satisfied. This is based on: professionalism, timeliness, cleanliness and quality. It was such a pleasure to work with a company that treated you, like you and your money mattered. Their customer service was excellent from day 1 to the end of the job. From the showroom to the site, they were with me every step of the way, answering any questions I had or simply, to let me know when they would be returning and exactly what I could expect to be done when they returned. In terms of timeliness, the update took 6 weeks, slightly over their expectation but, it is a lead time and lead times at best, are an estimation. (I had my master bathroom done by another company with a lead time of 3-4 weeks - that took 6 months!!) The kitchen turned out beautifully and I am very happy with this company. They did everything, soup to nuts - I will be going back to them with future projects. I have attached a before and after picture. (the after isn't totally completed)

Description of Work
Update kitchen. All new cabinets, flooring, counter top, back splash and lighting.

Category contractors, flooring contractor, home remodeling

08/22/2016

Christopher P.

Quality of work was great. The whole process was pleasurable, from picking out material to the final product. They were very good at taking the time to answer questions, before, during and after the project. Would definitely recommend Alfano Renovations to others.

Description of Work
Addition of a new master bath and laundry room. Remodeling of kitchen and full bath.

04/23/2016

michael J.

There are lots of companies that can produce a solid end-result product. As I'm sure you already know, in the end many of these companies though leave you frustrated and you find yourself relieved when the project (a.k.a. "nightmare") is finally over. Alfano Renovations does great work -- No question about it. They can easily handle any project you throw their way (from interior to exterior pavers, etc. -- whatever you want). For me, what makes them stand out is "the experience." From start to finish, it was painless and pleasurable. They communicate when they need to (not too much and not too little). They're on time. They're clean. They're courteous. They're honest. Their pricing is fair (they break out line item pricing so you know exactly what you signed up for - not some big ambiguous number where you feel like you need to sign up for a master negotiation class so you don't get screwed). When obstacles preset (which will invariably happen) Alfano doesn't "capitalize" on them like other companies would; they share the issues, make recommendations and work collaboratively with you to find a solution that makes sense. They will not take advantage of you. My wife has expensive taste, I have to pay the bills and Alfano made us both very happy. Above all other things, (and in my opinion the key reason for their long term success) is that it seems to me, their highest priority is ensuring their customers are so happy that they want to take the time of of their day to write recommendations and tell theirs friends, neighbors and whoever else will listen about how great Alfano Renovations is. Exceptional workmanship; exceptional service; fair prices. I'm happy to speak further about my experience - my name's Mike, feel free to drop me a note at michaeljenkinsnyc@gmail.com if you're considering doing work to your home.

Description of Work
Home, Kitchen, Exterior renovations. Pavers.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

01/11/2016

Steve B.

Alfano is a family owned company that provided us with one stop shopping for renovating our kitchen and powder room. In looking for a contractor to renovate our kitchen, we found Alfano to be the most thorough and professional from beginning to end. When getting initial estimates, they were a little higher than others, but now that we've completed the process we see that their price included almost everything. So when getting estimates, make sure you are comparing ALL of the labor and material costs. They provided all of the services we needed (demo, cabinet installation, electrician, plumber, tile installation, and general construction) except for painting. We found their timeline estimate of 4-5 weeks to be very accurate and everything was completed as scheduled. The cabinets we selected are manufactured in New Jersey so the delivery time (about 2 weeks) is much shorter than out-of state companies. The initial estimate included Michael coming to our house and measuring the kitchen and powder room. He then looked at the current layout and made some suggestions including moving a doorway so we could add a much needed pantry. A couple of days later he sent us an estimate with all of the materials and labor costs listed line by line. He even included the extra items that would require us getting our own prices (dumpster, painting bathroom fixtures,...). The material costs were based on mid-level products so they were realistic. No other contractors provided that level of detail. Once we decided to go with them, the next step was to go into the showroom and start selecting the materials: cabinets, hardware, floor tile, countertop, backsplash, etc. Michael is with you every step of the way and makes excellent suggestions for things that you might not have considered. For the actual reno, Mike Sr. was with us every step of the way and addressed any questions or concerns we had. Demo day was a whirlwind and was completed in one day. Yes it was messy, but the crew cleaned everything up and worked hard all day. New electrical outlets, switches, and lights were installed including additional wiring. Sheetrock installation, spackle and tape were done the following day. Day three the floor tile installation began and was completed the next day (they actually came on Saturday!). The following week our painter came in. The following week, the cabinets came in and were installed by Dominick, another family member. Any damaged cabinet/doors were identified and ordered for replacement. In the interim we picked out our granite and once that was installed (by an outside company, coordinated through Alfano), the crew was back the next day installing the backsplash and sink/dishwasher plumbing. Can't say enough about the crew as they were on time every morning and stayed all day. We were very comfortable with this company and knowing they are family owned is very reassuring. While a kitchen renovation is a major disruption, you are in good hands with this company.

Description of Work
Kitchen and Half Bathroom Renovation

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling

10/11/2015

michael J.

Description of Work
Kitchen, Sunroom remodel design and associated construction, installation and flooring; Paver design and associated construction and installation.

Category ceramic tile, decks, flooring contractor, picture framing, interior designers, remodeling, woodworking, architect, home remodeling, sunrooms

10/15/2014

melanie L.

it was good

Description of Work
Priced way too high. I got an estimate for a shower and toilette remodel. Not even a full bathroom. Great people nice to deal with but the price was not at all within reason.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

07/10/2014

John J C.

I can't say enough good things about them. A lot of people came in here, and talk to us. They were absolutely the most professional, the most knowledgeable, the most listeners, and they were just terrific.When they came here to do the job, they work, everybody here on time. They did it on time and on the budget. They are very professional, and they are extremely professional. I paid them, and I never had to call them back for one think. They walked out of here and they completed the job. They are just fantastic. Mike is the father who works with his family. They did everything correctly. The Big Mike was coming here in the very morning to make sure that everything worked okay the previous day. Big Mike really cares about doing a great and perfect job. My brother who is an architect, came here after that they did it, and said that they did it in as right way. Overall experience, I will give them an A++

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodeling Service.

04/10/2014

Julie F.

Upon the recommendation of a previous satisfied customer, I hired Alfano Renovations to renovate my master bathroom. Michael and his staff were very helpful throughout the project. They patiently assisted with layout design and product selection; the estimate was detailed and reasonable. The work was done on time and the project area was kept neat and organized. I would highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Alfano Renovations gutted my master bathroom and replaced all materials and fixtures. They created a fully-tiled walk-in shower with half-seat and recessed shelf.

01/28/2014

James G.

complete kitchen design and renovation

Description of Work
Serviced home.