Landscaping By Craig Inc

03/31/2023

East Brunswick, NJ 08816

www.landscapingbycraig.com

lawn & landscaping2019
For this project we Landscaped all the area around this clients pool. We also built this client a fireplace and pergola for their back deck.

Landscaping by Craig, Inc., a leading Landscape Design and Construction firm, has delighted customers with outstanding service since 1984. Our educated and highly experienced team of landscaping professionals are fully insured and licensed in the state of New Jersey. Our company is highly respected by our peers and works well with other contractors to fully implement our projects. We coordinate all aspects of installation for efficient project scheduling, while adhering to our agreed upon construction time frames. Although unique and functional design is our passion, outstanding customer service is our number one priority. We commit ourselves to creating a landscape that you and your family will enjoy for years to come - one that will add value to your home. Craig is the creative mind behind our projects. He has a degree in Environmental Planning and Design from Cook College, Rutgers University....
Project in Warren NJ project

lawn & landscaping

2019

lawn & landscaping (52)hardscaping (15)mulch delivering (15)stone & gravel (12)drain pipe installation (11)landscape lighting (10)Patios (7)masonry (6)tree service (5)fence company (4)lawn care (10)irrigation system (9)

09/29/2021

Richard Z.

Craig did a fabulous job landscaping our home. We discussed our preferences and needs and he incorporated them into the plan. The result was jaw-droppingly beautiful. I know because when our neighbor walked by and looked at our newly landscaped yard, her jaw dropped. I highly recommend Craig Landscaping.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Work Completed On 09/28/2021

09/22/2020

Roger N.

We recently added an extension to our home and when the construction was done realized that something was missing. Although we had made our home more functional, the space and grounds surrounding our home looked tired and uninviting. So we called Craig to help us. My wife said, "I want something beautiful to look at with a special seating area at the foot of our yard". Those were the only instructions. Craig transformed our property into something very special for us; adding beautiful landscape, accent lighting and a unique seating area that we intend to use for a quiet space and fire pit entertaining. We have used Craig and his design services three times in the past 25 years and he has never failed to impress. Craig has created something that we will enjoy every day for many years to come.

Description of Work
Landscape Our Home

Category landscaping,lawn service,irrigation systems,masonry,drain pipe,hardscaping,outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 09/17/2020

07/31/2020

Patsy C.

It looks beautiful.craig has a great talent I can believe how he turned my messed up back yard into a lovely yard .they did it all in one day just so pleased Yes I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Landscaping in backyard

Category landscaping,lawn service,pavers, gravel,drain pipe

Work Completed On 07/07/2020

Review for Landscaping By Craig Inc - unknown, East Brunswick, NJ - 38763157

07/15/2020

Frank M.

Craig and his crew did an amazing job. He had a clear vision and perfect execution. We were very impressed by him being on-site during the project, guiding his crew. A true artist.

Description of Work
Designed backyard landscaping

Category landscaping,drain pipe,outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 06/15/2020

Review for Landscaping By Craig Inc - unknown, East Brunswick, NJ - 38719279

05/29/2020

ellen H.

Craig and his team did a wonderful job! He returned my initial call quickly and came out to give me an estimate that very same day. All paperwork and billing info was handled seamlessly by Beth in the office. On “transformation day,” Craig arrived with a team of hard working, efficient and extremely pleasant men. They worked like a true team and seemed just as pleased As I was with the final landscape. Thanks for making my house look like the nicest one on the block!

Description of Work
Front yard landscaping. Removal of weeds and old plants. Replaced shrubs, planted trees, added rock and underground drip irrigation system.

Category landscaping,drain pipe

Work Completed On 05/28/2020

Review for Landscaping By Craig Inc - unknown, East Brunswick, NJ - 38601784

04/03/2020

Ronald G N.

If I had to summarize dealing with Craig in one phrase, it would be "exceeded expectations". It was a pleasure dealing with him from day one. He put together a plan of the backyard, really a vision, and broke it down into parts so that we could select any or all of it, as dictated by our budget. He described the parts really well, but hearing a description and seeing a drawing did not prepare us for how wonderful it would turn out. Craig directly supervises his excellent crew throughout the project, and you will be amazed at how quickly they are able to accomplish extremely high quality work. He pays attention when you have questions or concerns and addresses them in a very satisfactory manner. We will certainly be utilizing his services for any future landscaping projects.

Description of Work
Patio, waterfall, paths, firepit circle, grading, drainage, fencing, very large backyard project.

Category fencing,landscaping,pavers, gravel,drain pipe,hardscaping,patios

Work Completed On 04/03/2020

Review for Landscaping By Craig Inc - unknown, East Brunswick, NJ - 38479362

11/10/2019

Cheryl F.

Craig and his crew did an incredible job very quickly. I had no idea how I was going to get the work I wanted done and then I found Craig. He had an opening in his busy schedule which allowed him to do the project right away and he brought what seemed like an army of men to get it done. I am so pleased with how the backyard looks now. We had an old cement patio that we wanted demolished and replaced with landscaping and a stone path to a stone fire pit. We also wanted a hedge of trees along the fence for privacy. The demolition of the patio was hard work because part of it was under a deck and the yard is small so the equipment normally used for breaking up the concrete didn't fit through the tight spaces that led to the patio area. All the work had to be done manually. The stone path and the fire pit were made from stone and came out beautifully, and the fire in the fire pit is quite beautiful. The landscaping is very well done too. There was a problem with the trees and mulch surrounding the trees pressing on the fence into the neighbor's side of the yard. I called Craig and his crew came out right away to add wood to support the fence. They even took the extra mulch that had to be removed from around the fence and spread it about in the yard with new grass seed. That was a thoughtful touch that I really appreciated. I recommend Craig very highly.

Description of Work
Demolition of old patio, stone paths, built-in stone fire pit, landscaping and moving irrigation system

Category landscaping,irrigation systems,pavers, gravel,hardscaping,patios

Work Completed On 09/17/2019

10/29/2019

janet K.

We have been customers of Landscaping by Craig for nearly 18 years and could not be more pleased with his work. We would never consider using anyone else for our property - whether to do enhancements or yearly maintenance to keep it looking its best. There honestly is no better landscaper; there just isn't. You will not find a more hardworking, honest, and customer driven professional than Craig. I have recommended him to many people who have used him and everyone who has is totally thrilled with the results. Craig goes above and beyond to transform your property into a thing of beauty. His expertise is second to none. He takes his business very seriously and his crew are extremely courteous and neat. What we admire most is not just his knowledge and professionalism, but that he is a nice man who can be trusted. And that is very rare in this day and age. First impressions are always the ones we remember. Everyone who comes to our home comments on the amazing landscaping and asks who handled it. Our home was transformed into a thing of beauty because of Craig. We cannot thank him enough for all of the hard work he does for us year after year. You will not be disappointed to hire Landscaping by Craig.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category landscaping,mulch

Work Completed On 10/30/2019

10/29/2019

richard B.

Craig creatively transformed a backyard that was dramatically changed by the removal of diseased trees and stumps into a piece of art that provided both beauty and privacy. In order to formulate his landscaping design he spent a considerable amount of time evaluating the yard from all different angles. His strategic installation of a 6' fence and a variety of 14 shade and ornamental trees was well beyond our expectations. Along with the transformation Craig significantly improved the drainage and created a yard anyone would be proud.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category fencing,landscaping,lawn service,irrigation systems,mulch,pavers, gravel,tree service

Work Completed On 10/29/2019

12/31/2018

Pallavi G.

We wanted a landscaping that would be the talk of the town and guess what - THAT IS WHAT WE GOT and oh without breaking the bank!! We have received a lot of compliments. Craig understood our needs and came up with a design that complimented our house. Craig is very knowledgeable and has an innate passion for what he does. The large crew was very professional, accommodating and were quick moving and fast working. This enabled the project to be done in a timely manner and NOT be a drag. He moved a couple of trees around for us until we found the best spot for them. The job included hardscaping, softscaping, groundwork, landscape lighting. For a lot of these sub pieces of work, the prices were pretty competitive in comparison to a couple of other landscapers we had initially asked for quotes. The landscape lighting came out extremely well as well as the front walkway leading up to the main door including the natural stone seating on either side. The choice of plants, shrubs, trees, etc gives a green look through the different seasons of the year and does not go completely barren during the long cold winter which is nice. Additionally, there is color throughout the flowering season from early spring to fall. Whenever we discussed with him about a tree we would want and show him a picture, he would add his experience and expertise to it and the result was a product of what we wanted and what would naturally look good. We soon got used to each other's style of working and there was no looking back ;)... Overall our experience with Craig has been wonderful and we are very happy with the finished product and with our decision to hire him and his company for our landscaping needs.

Description of Work
Front Yard Landscaping and the works!

Category landscaping,mulch,hardscaping,outdoor lighting

Review for Landscaping By Craig Inc - unknown, East Brunswick, NJ - 37632722

12/24/2018

Hui L.

I knew Craig during my house hunting process. At that time, I was considering to buy a house with a backyard full of woods. I contacted Craig to take a look at that property to estimate the cost of converting that backyard to a functional one. Craig showed up 10 minutes before our appointment and explained the details to me how to do it. A two-layer retaining wall with installing sod was recommended by him. With his recommendation and quote, I purchased that house and invited him to work on the project. His professionalism, responsiveness and can-do attitude continued impressing me. Since then, he also helped install fencing, and redo pavers. What really tells Craig from other contractors is that his engagement style is very personal, and I really enjoy working with him. To me, he is not a contractor but a friend.

Description of Work
Retaining Wall, Fencing, Pavers, Lawn

Category fencing,landscaping,hardscaping

Work Completed On 10/31/2018

12/11/2018

janet K.

DO NOT HIRE ANYONE BUT BY LANDSCAPING BY CRAIG! You will not be sorry. His work is flawless; his team is the best there is. i have used Landscaping by Craig for over 15 years now. He transformed my property into the envy of the neighborhood and maintains his work for me as well as does additional plantings every year. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is looking to hire a landscaper who does amazing work, can be trusted 1,000%, and is the consummate professional. i have never dealt with a company so well run by an owner who is part of his customer's job from beginning to end; in this day and age, that is a rare fine. The pride he takes in his work is unbelievable and his work speaks for itself. You will not regret hiring Landscaping by Craig for all of your landscaping needs! Janet Kellett

Description of Work
Landscaping of the property

Work Completed On 12/11/2018

10/14/2018

davy M.

Overall, I felt his guys did a good job. They were very professional and responsive but sometimes there was only so much they could do because Craig was not present 90% of the time. He was always responsive to my phone calls, but somewhat evasive in addressing the issues I raised. He wasn't the cheapest option, but I decided to go with him because he seemed knowledgeable and honest. Since paying for the work, I've not been able to get Craig to make good on the guarantees in the contract. 1. They never graded/fixed the drainage issue I had in my backyard. I've complained and sent many pictures showing that if anything, the puddling of water in the backyard was actually worse than before, but other than sending a guy once with dirt and seeds, nothing was done. 2. Three of the arborvitaes they planted are dead and have not replaced despite 1 year guarantee on the trees and numerous calls(10+) this year and promises to send someone out to replace them. -Soon after they added the 2 feebled cypresses my other full grown, healthy cypresses started to wither and die. Granted, I don't know for sure if this was a result of anything they did or just a coincidence. 3. They did a good job with the fencing, but one thing that alarmed me was that they either forgot/didn't know that the gates needed to have steel inserts. These were only added after I noticed and questioned him about it. -After they installed the fences, water would pool around the the fence posts which says to me that something wasn't done properly, but I ended up just fixing it myself. -Right now, one of the gates wont open properly. Maybe the posts got shifted. I'll probably end up paying someone to fix it.

Description of Work
Replace 200+ feet of old wooden fence with PVC fence, add 100feet+ galvanized steel fence, plant several trees/shrubs, add/fix planting beds, fix backyard drainage.

Category fencing,landscaping,lawn service

Work Completed On 03/31/2017

08/22/2018

Sandy R.

Several years ago we had Craig come out and discuss landscaping our backyard. We gave him $300 to do drawings, but never received any drawings, and he never got back to us. We called this spring and he came back out and we discussed landscaping in both the back and front yards, and he said he would send us an estimate. Again, we never heard back from him.

Description of Work
Home Landscaping

Work Completed On 08/22/2018

08/05/2018

Beth A.

I love my gorgeous backyard and could not be happier. Craig looked at my sad backyard which lost 7 trees in recent storms. And now I have the most beautiful backyard I could possibly imagine. I highly recommend. It is Craig's artistic design vision and expertise that sets him above and beyond. After talking to me about what I wanted, Craig formed a design vision in his head that was artistic as well as practical. Craig gave me my privacy back with beautiful trees and plantings and resolved my water problems by installing drainage channels. He removed eyesores including an old shed . He gave me the rock gardens and pathway that I wanted and installed drip irrigation systems for easy maintenance plus lights around the patio to highlight the beauty of everything he did. Everywhere you look now is beautiful.

Description of Work
Backyard Makeover - privacy, water drainage and design

Category landscaping,irrigation systems,mulch,pavers, gravel,outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 08/02/2018

05/02/2018

Susan K.

While I had hoped to see a detailed drawn landscaping plan, Craig prefers to work with concepts. In truth I was a little nervous, but since most of his reviews were quite positive, I went ahead with project. Craig works in a very efficient manner. He purchased all the plants and decorative rocks the day before and arrived at my house at 7:30am with a large enough work crew that everything was completed by 12 noon. Craig and I worked closely together on design implementation including placement of plants and patterns of decorative rocks. He was respectful of my input and I trusted his decisions. While he might charge more than other landscapers, the quality of the plants and the professionalism of the entire crew were worth the money outlaid.

Description of Work
landscaping makeover in both front and back yards. Installation of a drip irrigation system.

Work Completed On 10/25/2018

04/24/2018

janet K.

I tell all my friends and neighbors - don't go anywhere else for your landscaping needs. Landscaping by Craig is the best in the business. I have never met a more caring, professional man who truly loves what he does and his work reflects that. His ideas are amazing, his work the best in the business. Run, don't walk to hire him. He is that **** good.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category landscaping,lawn treatment,mulch

Work Completed On 06/06/2018

03/29/2018

Lauren S.

Craig did an excellent job diagnosing how to drain my backward and installing a massive three level french drain system in my backyard and ran it all the way to the street curb. The overall result has been fantastic and he was able to complete the job in one day! The backyard has been dry even with all of the snow and rain from this winter. Craig does high quality work and you get what you pay for.

Description of Work
Drain Pipe Installation - Exterior

Category drain pipe

Work Completed On 03/29/2018

01/17/2018

risa G.

Dealing with Landscaping by Craig was a delight! Craig and his entire team are incredibly professional, knowledgeable, timely, friendly, efficient, and a pleasure to work with. We originally wanted to make some small changes, but after meeting Craig we realized that with his expertise and creativity the changes to our property would be worthwhile. And the results were terrific! We couldn't be happier and recommend him with full confidence that anyone who uses this company will be glad they did.

Description of Work
We completely re-landscaped the front of our property, added enhanced lighting and trimmed trees.

Category landscaping,lawn service,mulch,pavers, gravel,tree service,outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 11/14/2017

06/08/2017

Tony C.

No-nonsense, excellent price, hard workers.

Description of Work
Mulch, clean up and trimming.

Work Completed On 06/08/2017

05/03/2017

Eric C.

I spoke to Craig on the phone and gave him my email so I could show him pictures. He never returned my emails or my messages. He disappeared.

Description of Work
I wanted an estimate for sod and drainage.

Category lawn service,irrigation systems

[Member Name Removed], We apologize that you felt that way...however we did not receive any emails from you. I just looked back again through the emails in April and May. Perhaps they were sent to the wrong [Member Information Removed] or went to spam. Hard to respond to an email when we didn't get it. We hope you had luck with your project Beth Landscaping by Craig. Inc.

05/01/2017

Steven G.

He arrived as soon as the ground conditions improved and brought a well staffed team. His staff worked quickly and efficiently and solved any issues my home had.

Description of Work
I needed a french drain installed around the outside of my home to help with standing water.

Category landscaping,drain pipe