Gold Medal Service

Founded 1980 • With Angi since December 2005

3.8

11 Cotters Lane East

East Brunswick, NJ 08816

Plumbing, HVAC, and electrical systems make your house livable. One minor issue with any of these systems can put your home at a standstill. In case you find yourself in this unfortunate situation, know that you can count on Gold Medal Service. For over 24 years, our company has been taking care of the homes of New Jersey residents through our top quality plumbing, HVAC, and electrical services. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to address even the most mind-boggling issues of your in-home equipment. From repairs, installations, and upgrades, our technicians are known for getting the job done right every time. We also provide upfront pricing with a full description of the service before commencing work to avoid any surprises down the line....

07/31/2022

Denise H.

I had a new heating and AC system installed in my home in the month of March. I have had nothing but problems ever since. The installation techs were sloppy and left a huge mess in my home. The outside AC unit had wires everywhere and the furnace had pieces on the floor that were never installed. I was promised a dehumidifier and one was not provided. Since the system was installed, I have been without heat in the winter and had no air conditioning in the summer. I was promised that since the system in newer than the one being replaced, then the sound quality would be better. This has not been the case. This system is so loud I can't carry on a conversation in my own home. After calling to complain about this, the company said the current blower could not carry the current system and it had to be replaced. It has been replaced and it is still noisy. I have had techs come out to my house a total of eight times since the installation. I have had problems with at least half of these appointments ranging from the techs coming in the afternoon instead of honoring the morning appointments to techs never showing up at all for scheduled appointments. In addition, someone in dispatch hung up on my husband because of an inquiry being made about a no-show appointment. My last appointment with this company was a no-show as well. I called to make a complaint and was told that someone would get back to me within 24 hours. It has been a week and no one has followed up yet. This is the worse company ever. I liked it better when it was Design Air. Gold medal is not the same. They will be there on time and will accommodate you when they are trying to make a sell. Once that is done they will leave you high and dry. Stay clear of this company. Doing business with them is one of the worse decisions I've ever made. I have only regrets.

Description of Work
Heating/AC Installation

06/21/2022

Tahari B.

He was on time and the service was prompt. However, he needed to return a second time because the issue was not fixed but overall he was professional and efficient.

Description of Work
Fixing a boiler

Category water heater repair

05/14/2022

Donald S.

They're very courteous and professional.

Description of Work
HVAC maintenance

02/22/2022

Sean D.

AVOID AT ALL COST!!! They sell you on a membership that gives you discounts on improvements that are not necessary and try to scam people. Literally use any other company. Terrible experience with gold medal. I am not sure if they are straight scam artists or just incredibly incompetent. They sent multiple people to my house for a sewer back up. No one had the proper machinery. For a blockage they wanted to replace my whole sewer line and quoted 15k! Supervisor Luis is extremely rude and management Andrew is a short tempered scam artist who admitted his tech's mistakes. Also admitted the quotes that were sent had a lot of unnecessary and out of date options. AVOID AT ALL COST!!!

Description of Work
Sewer blockage

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

01/25/2022

Justin B.

After 20 Phone calls over the past 13 days, roughly 4 no shows to appointments, roughly 5 that showed up past the "scheduled appointment" time, technicians who arrived with attitudes or left not knowing how to fix or unable to fix, and several nights with either no heat, no water or in the new plumbing issue; we still have trouble getting any accountability for the failures and lack of true business guarantees. While I may have a warranty on the $10,000 install job from a few years back, it doesn't give you/Gold Medal Service the right to perform less than what is expected and what is sold in your sales pitches. I have asked to speak with management roughly 10 times in phone calls, and while Jeff from the plumbing reached out and another lady from the Customer Relations side, what was the follow up or end result? This all started from a single leaking pipe, and here we are 10 days later still Having issues and technicians not arriving as promised. I gave you 5 stars for the 2 install jobs on the $20,000 I spent but I give you 1 star for the follow thru when there is an issue and we need help with warranty work. I once heard, you fix it right the first time you never have to deal with the customer again. You don't fix it, and this is the end result; me calling 20 times asking for followup, follow thru, or status checks on what's happening. Feel free to call me because I would love to go over these recorded calls and what's being promised over what the end result is. I am blown away at the incompetence of this business despite all the work that went into actually replacing the original HVAC system. Their management is a failure and their customer service manager (Sandy) cannot keep it together. In the end, this company is not worth the risk for warranty work they say they have a promise to maintain or repair. Don't fall into their trap.

Description of Work
HVAC install, repair from leaks and leaking pipes after warranty repairs

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, septic tank, drain cleaning

01/24/2022

Janet A.

They said my hot water heater is broken but its not, that's why I have no faith in them

Description of Work
They were suppose to replace the heater

11/19/2021

Roberta T.

The Service provider charged 400, He would replace the whole faucet. It should be $225 they charged 3x, The job was done it went well but it was overcharged

Description of Work
They replaced the washer and put it back together , fixed the faucet

Category drain pipe, drain cleaning

09/17/2021

Sai P.

1st they told us that they will get the permit from township that was back in July. I did follow up in August customer service said that they filled permit waiting for township to respond. I did follow up with township last week they said contractor never filled permit. Now Goldmedal permit department are not responding my message.

Description of Work
Hot water tank replacement.

Category appliance repair, water heater repair

08/26/2021

Kevin F.

AWEFUL from start to still not the end

Description of Work
HVAC Install

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

08/20/2021

william M.

There was an issue with rescheduling and I needed the work done more quickly.

Description of Work
I would like to get an estimate for electrical work. Replacement of existing components, Outlets,

08/03/2021

Fred A.

Very ethical, straight forward, honest, fair pricing, give discount. Very kind, put off shoes and mask on, did good job

Description of Work
Air-conditioning services

01/03/2021

Diane J.

Excellent work. Very professional. Very fair price. Everything was explained well.

Description of Work
Plumbing and water filter system .

Category plumbing, water softeners

We're happy to have solved your plumbing problem. We appreciate you for putting your trust in us with your home comfort needs. We look forward to assisting you in the future.

Patricia D.

Tom and Vinny alerted me they were on the way and they showed up at the agreed upon time. The were thorough and explained what needed to be done and how long it would take, They removed all of the old gear and left the home in clean condition. The workmanship was perfect. They were quick anc efficient and would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Replacement of 2 faucets

Category plumbing

We'll be sure to let Tom and Vinny know you were very pleased with the work they did. Thank you for putting your trust in us with your home comfort needs. We look forward to assisting you in the future.

Vanessa M.

Great. Completed services within less than 24 hours

Description of Work
Furnace installed

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

We do our very best to get out to your home as quickly as possible. Thank you for putting your trust in us with your home comfort needs. We look forward to assisting you in the future.

Christine R.

Service representative was outstanding. Would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Toilet repair

Category appliance repair, plumbing

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. Thank you for putting your trust in us with your home comfort needs. We look forward to assisting you in the future.

12/13/2020

Mitch D.

Got 5 estimates from $2100-$2600 Gold medal Service came in at over $7000 and made me sign a tablet inorder to get the estimate.

Description of Work
I neeed a 100amp servive upgraded to a 200amp service

Category electrician

Ms. [Member Name Removed], we are sorry to hear that we did not have a solution for your budget. It isn't easy to compare a piece of equipment we install vs. another company, given we provide many guarantees and warranties, which other companies do not. We promise 100% satisfaction, and if something goes wrong, we will stand behind our work. We will always provide a few options at different price points and, if the homeowner doesn't feel comfortable with the quote for any reason, in the same way, that you did not, there is never any obligation to follow through with the job. Our customer relations manager will follow up with you today to learn more about the experience you described. Thank you.

09/13/2020

Michael E.

I would not recommend using Gold Medal for any major service. As anyone will learn from a bit of research, the pricing is not competitive. However, the salesman was knowledgeable; he is the only member of the team that I do not have a complaint about. I was convinced to go with this company based on the promise of superior and responsive service going forward. Their catchphrase is that the buyer is purchasing “peace of mind.“ Unfortunately, at the first opportunity, they proved themselves to be decidedly unresponsive. I found some elements of the installation to be questionable and contacted the company, asking to speak to a technical person. I was told that there is a certain bureaucracy; I must go back to the sales person first. I forwarded photographs at the sales person’s request, and he forwarded them to the technical people on two occasions. Still, no one ever got back to me, and it is been A month without even an acknowledgment despite follow ups. They are bureaucracy includes something called the “call connect“ system. You get texts with pre-formatted responses saying that someone will call. They never do. It is infuriating. So now I have to ask myself what I got for the $1500 or so extra that I paid beyond the typical pricing. It sure wasn’t the responsiveness that I was promised. Do yourself a favor, save that extra money.

Description of Work
Replace AC/gas furnace

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

*Update: Mr. Eatroff, we are following up with you to ensure your concerns have been addressed to your satisfaction. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. Take care.

08/27/2020

Corrie C.

Professionals! Quick booking of service - they could accommodate me with a service-person the next day. I had to call back to reschedule appointment and there was always a person to talk to about my job. My specific plumber called 30 min before arrival, Gold Medal Service sent a qualified plumber named Mike McCabe. He was very friendly and knowledgeable and helped troubleshoot a clogged R/O valve while he was there replacing a cold water valve. Saved me the time, effort and anxiety. GMS pay by the job, which can be pricey, but well worth the convenience of a quality plumber coming out quickly to solve your problem.

Description of Work
Replace hot & cold water valves for kitchen sink.

Category drain cleaning

Mr. [Member Name Removed], thank you for calling on us for your home plumbing needs. We will be sure to share your review with Mike.

05/13/2020

michael V.

They are great. I have a service contract with them where they do an annual check and they do the repairs for a discount. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They do my yearly H/VAC and electrical maintenance.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Mr. [Member Name Removed], we appreciate your review and recommendation. Please let us know if you have any questions about your priority partner plan; we are always here for you.

03/05/2020

Raymond R.

Everything went well. They were polite. They were professional. They were very helpful.

Description of Work
They put up an electrical service which they fixed the electrical wires that was down by a storm .

Category electrician

[Member Name Removed], thank you for calling on us for your home electrical needs. We aim to provide prompt, correct service for every Gold Medal customer.

03/04/2020

Bill T.

It was fine. It was very good. The workers were very good.

Description of Work
They did generator tune up.

Category

[Member Name Removed], we strive to provide prompt, correct service for every Gold Medal customer. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to share your feedback with us here on Angie's list.

02/01/2020

ELIJAH I.

Appointment was scheduled on Feb. 1st, 2020 for 9:00 AM - 15:00 EST. A technician names Jorge called around 10:00 AM to inform me an estimated time of arrival within 30 mins. Jorge and myself discussed about my kitchen drain clogged, where is the main line, etc. I told him that the kitchen clogged has happened at least 3 times and have tried all tricks under the sun. We used a local plumbing company to help us once and charging us through the roof with many excuses (i.e. Norton Drain) and remainder unclogged were done by myself (DIY) renting tool from home depot and purchase a tool from Harbor Freight. Knowing the clogged occurred several times already and looking at the coupon which provides " 5-year Guarantee " that will give me peace of mind for at least 5 years forward. Jorge then explains to me about the guarantee is not exactly what printed on the coupon if he only unclogged the drain. Plumbing repair/replacement shall be done for me to have 5-year guarantee. Also, he is very knowledgeable in what he does and tried to provide few tips to assist me further with the clog going forward. Unfortunately, I did not authorize the required works being done due to the fact of FALSE advertisement coupon. Some of you as reader may be on my side thinking that Gold Medal Service is being "Dishonest", you make that judgement/conclusion. For me, the company can state the condition of 5-year guarantee in fine print (as you can see there is a room for that in the coupon). Homeowner Zip Code: 07034

Description of Work
DRAIN Clearing [Coupon: $93.- + 5-year Guarantee]

Category plumbing

*Update: Mr. [Member Name Removed], thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We will have our customer relations manager follow back up with you. We look forward to speaking with you.

11/08/2019

Michael D.

Mom paid Gold Medal $100 to be part of their service system. She gave them a call for a leak in her bathroom. They came over and said she had a leak with her bathroom faucet. The tech installed a Gerber single handle faucet which according to Gerberonline.com costs $72. Tech installed new faucet, took an hour and said he was done. Mom got a bill for $749 but with some odd coupons came to $699. This is a 72 year old mom and grandmother who really doesn't know much about plumbing. I really have to say she has been taken advantage of in this situation. Where on this earth does it cost $749 to install a single handle faucet? Anyway when mom received the receipt it indicated the faucet was a MOEN. A mistake? Who knows. But there were no itemized charges at all. They were all boiled down to one charge. So it took the tech to install the faucet 45-60 minutes and used a $72 faucet. Even if the tech charged $200 an hour that bill would be $200+$72. $272. Mom and I called Gold Medal several times and they said they would deduct $100 first. Then we complained again and they said they would deduct $254. If Gold Medal was in the right here, why are they deducting anything? A company only will give a customer their money back if they know they are in the wrong. So here we are at $699-$254 which comes to $445. Still DOUBLE the average cost to replace a single faucet that took an hour. I have saved the video files from Mom's home security system to prove that the timeline is accurate and what took place if needed. Be careful of this company, if they see a target customer they most likely will take advantage.

Description of Work
Fix a leak- replace bathroom faucet.

Category plumbing

Mr. [Member Name Removed], it is difficult to compare a piece of equipment we install vs. another company, given we provide many guarantees and warranties which other companies do not. We promise 100 % satisfaction, and if something goes wrong, we will stand behind our work. We have had a lot of repeat customers that tell us they find value in the services and warranties we provide. We understand that not everyone is going to have a positive experience. Still, we strive for excellence on every front, and when we hear a customer of ours is not happy, we do everything we can to ensure 100% Customer Satisfaction and make it right.

08/18/2019

Heiki F.

Originally the repairs were scheduled for a Sunday (at the repairman's request,) but he canceled as his scheduled assistant called in sick, so work was done and finished the next Tuesday. Quality of work and clean-up done well, but much haggling involved in the overall pricing of the project. (Initially the plumber cited a $ 475.00 cost for each faucet installation, which was basically a 45 minute job each, hardware supplied by me.) The cost was then halved by various discounts applied by the plumber.

Description of Work
2 faucets installed and a broken pipe in an upstairs bathroom was replaced.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Thank you for taking a moment to provide some feedback from your service experience. We strive to provide an A+ experience and are sorry to learn our recent service did not live up to your expectations. We hope you continue to trust in Gold Medal Service for your plumbing needs. We're here to help!

07/29/2019

Mike C.

They're very courteous. The price is pretty good. They then referred me to a company to assist with the water remediation.

Description of Work
They installed two copper pipes for me. One was leaking and the other was an older pipe.

Category plumbing

Thank you for choosing Gold Medal Service! We appreciate you taking time from your day to share your kind comments. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Guru Waterproofing LLC

If your basement or crawl space has any signs of water, mold, mildew, or a musty smell, call us today and one of our certified technicians will come out and do a thorough inspection on your home and provide you with a detailed estimate. Here at Guru Waterproofing, we take pride in our customer service. We will spend time with you and answer all of your questions. The Guru Waterproofing staff consists of experienced, well-trained professionals who work in basements and crawl spaces every day. So take advantage of this FREE estimate to learn about your problem and see how we can help.

Offers by Guru Waterproofing LLC on Angi
    Healthy Way Waterproofing & Mold Remediation LLC

Healthy Way is a leader in foundation (basement & crawlspace) waterproofing, mold testing and remediation, structural repair, insulation and remodeling. We service all of New Jersey with offices in Wall Township and Hoboken. Our dedicated certified staff is trained in the latest technology and methods for solving your water, mold and foundation problems and protecting your home or building for years to come. At Healthy Way we understand that no two water, mold, or structural problems are the same. Therefore, we will not offer you a "cookie-cutter" solution to your unique problem. Our technicians have repaired more than four thousand foundations - each with its own unique challenges and solutions. That's why we only offer a 100% solution or we do not do the work! Our owner, Robert Lanfrank, has been in the industry for more than 23 years. Healthy Way employs more than 20 people. We do not sub-contract any of our work. In addition to General Liability Insurance we carry Pollution Liability Insurance which is the only insurance that protects our clients against the growth or cross-contamination of mold and bacteria. We accept all major credit cards and offer payment plans such as no payments, no interest up to 18 months or low, fixed interest rate loans.

Anzo's Heating & Cooling LLC

2016-2021 Angie's List Super Service Award Winner!! Anzo's Heating & Cooling has experience of over 16 years and we've been lucky enough to learn a thing or two over those years. We've even worked hard to make sure that our staff knows the most up-to-date information about all of you heating and cooling needs. Keeping you cool and warm is our goal! Anzo's Heating & Cooling is licensed, insured, and bonded. License #: 19HC00444800

Residential Services Include: Heating Repair, Heater Replacement and Installation, Water Heater Replacement, Air Conditioning Repair, Air Conditioning Replacement and Installation, Humidifiers, Dehumidifiers, Electrical Safety Inspections, Electrical Repair, Whole-Home Generator Installation, Whole-Home Surge Protectors, Drain Clearing, Plumbing Repair, Fixture Replacement, Sewer and Water Line Replacement, Water Treatment System Installation, Boilers, Sump Pumps, Water Filtration, Thermostats