CS Construction Improvement

Founded 2004 • With Angi since September 2012

47 Agate Road

East Brunswick, NJ 08816

We are a family owned and operated business providing superior service to our customers since 2004. We specialize in installing all types of concrete products including cast implace reinforced concrete and also provide general contractor services to meet the needs of a small homeowner.

Kimberly G.
06/29/2015
Professional quick and good job
Description of Work
Replaced sidewalk
concrete repair, basement remodeling
Colleen B.
01/26/2015
Sergio and his team do quality work. You can trust them in your home. Sergio is experienced and makes very good recommendations. My dining room really needed a lot of work and it now looks amazing and is finally warm!
Description of Work
Remodel dining room, install 2 french doors and frame out, paint, custom design and install ceiling beams, insulate basement, etc.
Category
insulation, remodeling, doors, basement remodeling
haskell G.
01/07/2015
I must say Sergio was very informative and explained the process step by step. He assisted in all permit applications and passed every inspection and completed the job ahead of time. The CS construction crew were at work on my project at sunrise everyday very courteous and professional and kept the work site very professional and by that i mean minimal breaks and strictly business. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A GREAT PRICE AND ON TIME RESULTS I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THEM. Thanks again guys GREAT JOB!!!!!!!
Description of Work
Sergio and the C S Construction team completed excavation for footings and foundation for a full depth basement installation.
foundation repair, basement remodeling
David Z.
12/28/2014
We reached out to Sergio after reading his excellent reviews on Angies List for a home construction project. He provided a couple of recommendations for architects, and provided some ideas, and he spent time with us in the Free Estimate stage. We completed our architect plans over the few months and asked that Sergio provide us an estimate for the work. After a couple of phone calls, I spoke with Sergio and he requested that I stop by his construction job in the area and drop off my plans. Due to scheduling conflicts, I asked Sergio to stop by our current home and pick up the plans. He said he would on two occassions, but never called up to schedule and never stopped by. We called Sergio again (as the latter was different than our previous experiences with him). He stated that his paid work must come first, and that is is difficult for him to stop after a day of work in the field. He asked me to email the plans to him and that he would provide an estimate. We emailed him the plans that evening and never received a response back. Upon receipt of our initial review, Sergio contacted me about changing the review. He stated that he received an estimate request from another contractor about a portion of our job and decided not to contact us back.
basement remodeling
Michael B.
09/01/2014
Sergio and Wallace were sweethearts about waiting for the township and architect to finally OK the plans for the addition. But when the township finally gave the OK, they jumped right to work. The foundation was finished in only a few days with the framing following a few days after. Even though the addition was just off our dining room, the breakthrough in the wall was only performed after the insulation and windows were installed. The windows were a good match to the 100 year old windows that are in the original house and the cedar shake-like siding was a beautiful match to the original asbestos siding. Everywhere we turned Sergio did not spare the expense of quality materials and little extras that pleased us to no end, like the quality of the roofing material (rubber roof) or having his own father-in-law do the artistic tile arrangement in the bathroom oversized shower. I said this before in a previous rating, but I never wanted Wallace to leave. He was so attentive and patient with every detail we came up with-and we came up with a lot of goofy stuff, like putting in a pocket door. He explained every step and made us feel comfortable with all that he did. If you are thinking about an addition, consider these guys. They are clean, polite and prompt. Additionally, their estimate for costs were right on. On work done on a previous residence the estimated costs for completion were an amount that could change at any moment. Since we had worked with Sergio and Wallace before, we trusted them no matter what. They were done on schedule and ON BUDGET!
Description of Work
Put an addition on the side of our house including an office, full bath, laundry room and full basement. Addition included new heating and air conditioning unit.
Category
ceramic tile, heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows, home remodeling, doors, basement remodeling
Vladimir S.
05/12/2014
We are very pleased the way things went. Sergio is very professional, responsible and always respectful, caring person. He takes great pride in his work, supervises everything personally, puts great attention to the detail and quality. There on site since very early morning - and always reachable at any time of a day. With no prior connection, we were really treated as important customers, and, most importantly - like friends. He helped as he could with everything along the way, even if it is not his direct responsibility - like with our move out of the house, or even borrowing water pumps to our neighbors. Advised us taking in account our budged, respected and accepted our decisions - even if sometimes it meant more work for him, without changing initially agreed price. The work was done with quality and exactly within promised time frame - which was very important, since were were renting another house during construction, and were very scared of prolonged stay after hearing stories of other contractors, disappearing in the middle of a project. We are very happy with his work, and will continue to use his services in a future, when we are ready for other projects to be done around the house. Also, later we recommended Sergio to our friends, and he did very serious stone, hardscaping and landscaping jobs for them.
Description of Work
Sergio performed two roles in a huge (for us) project of building extension to our house; he himself and his crew were responsible for all the masonry and stone work in the project and for everything else he was a general contractor. The size of the addition was 2000 sqf., from the basement all the way up to the roof, with everything else in the middle (excluding kitchen, there was no need to change it). Generally, the whole project's scope was as follows: - two new parts of basement, that were connected to the old one - demolition of the whole last level of the existing house (split level house) - full construction of the two new parts above new basement, connecting to the whole new part over the existing first layer of the house; including framing, siding, stone work, roofing, electricity, plumbing, AC and inside works - later, when we were ready to start the landscaping, Sergio was invited back to do the backyard patio and grass.
Category
masonry, remodeling, roofing, siding, home builders, foundation repair, hardscaping, basement remodeling, patios
Michael O.
04/14/2014
Several other contractors would not accept a project with this complexity. Sergio was confident, experienced, smart and honest. He also cared and gave an unusual amount of personal attention. You can tell by the amount of large equipment that he owns (including a number of large trucks and trailers) ? he clearly takes pride in and invests in his business. The project was not well organized or well laid out on my part, and the scope out of necessity did increase. With items that were unplanned (and therefore impacted the budget), Sergio was particularly fair and flexible. He urged that we go a few extra steps on safety and structural integrity in several instances that he considered important, and I doubt that he even covered his costs with those items. One example of the project?s problems included trusses being the wrong length. Instead of using that as an opportunity to build profit into the project (which I can safely say 90+% of contractors would do), he made it his problem and repaired the trusses on site. The winter of 2013/2014 was one of the coldest and snowiest winters in decades as we not only had a half dozen major snow storms, but it stayed below freezing most of the winter so the snow did not melt. This messed up the schedule significantly, but Sergio ate those costs and was flexible and responsive when the weather warmed. If I had to say one negative, it was that the group was a bit messy around the site. In fairness, it was not supposed to last as long as it did (because of the weather) so I don?t fault him for that. When you work with a contractor on a detailed project, they are like a partner as you must rely on them for expertise and objectivity. On many occasions, Sergio suggested improvements that clearly resulted in additional cost, and he bore that extra cost without complaining. I was impressed on numerous occasions. In summary, I like him, I trust him, I would highly recommend him, and I would absolutely work with him again.
Description of Work
CS Construction in East Brunswick, led by Sergio Costa, built a large garage/barn/play space made of poured concrete built with open wood roof built into the side of a hill (which acted as a retaining wall). It was 50 feet long, with 20 foot high concrete walls, and was a complex project.
Category
concrete repair, masonry, roofing, garage builders, woodworking, foundation repair, hardscaping
Sean K.
04/11/2014
I just wanted to say my experience with CS construction was an excellent one. The work they did was outstanding and the price was very reasonable. I think I finally found my contractor.
Description of Work
Fixed both concrete landings for front steps. Broke up existing landings and laid new concrete with limestone surrounding the landing.
concrete repair, masonry
Michael B.
03/07/2014
Sergio and Wallace had done over my driveway and walkway with pavers with such care that I had no problem bringing them inside to do the upstairs bathroom. My wife was very picky about what kind of tiles she wanted in the shower, but Sergio was nice enough to take her to a great tile store on Route 18. We had looked at all the Home Depot stuff, but for the size of the job we were doing, they never seemed to have all the matching pieces. It was Wallace who did the tile work and HE IS THE ONE YOU WANT! Superior job! Everything was installed beautifully. When we had a problem with the door sticking from the humidity, Wallace came back to fix it so everything worked the way it was supposed to. I have to admit that we wanted to adopt Wallace and never let him go home. You won't find a nicer bunch of guys. Update 2014: over a year later and I called these guys with a toilet leak and a couple hours later they showed up and fixed it. I love these guys!
Description of Work
Complete renovation of upstairs bathroom and replacement of the stack from the attic to the basement.
Category
ceramic tile, concrete driveways, home remodeling, hardscaping
Jeffrey C.
03/02/2014
The quality of the work was excellent but more importantly, Sergio, the owner, as well as his partner Wallace, were real gentlemen to deal with throughout the year long process. Trustworthy too. Of course there were some unexpected cost issues but they were always resolved amicably and very fairly. As a real estate developer for more than 40 years, I have never had a better experience dealing with a contractor.
Description of Work
Built a two story/basement, 6 br, 4 1/2 bath home.
Category
remodeling, home builders, home remodeling, basement remodeling