United Waterproofing Corp

Founded 2005 • With Angi since February 2010

15 Mount Pleasant Avenue

Dover, NJ 07801

United Waterproofing is a basement and foundation repair company based out of Dover-Rockaway NJ area that has been proudly serving homeowners for nearly 20 years! Our "hands on" experience, commitment and God’s grace has lead us to be the best and most reviewed waterproofing company in the state. Winner of the Angie’s List SSA from 2010 to 2018 with over 250 positive reviews. At United our mission is simple: to provide superior products and services to all our customers offering a 100% Lifetime Transferable Warranty. We do not use sub-contractors; you work with us the entire time! Financing options available and references available as well. We invite you to join the United Waterproofing family, we will not let you down!...

04/24/2022

Melinda M.

Excellent service; very professional. Since the waterproofing was done, have not had any problems with water in our basement.

Description of Work
On separate occasions, have had our basement waterproofed and sump pumps installed.

01/20/2021

Lynn K.

Excellent job by the crew. Would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
partial interior french drain

09/21/2020

Elizabeth P.

These guys are great! Steve came out to provide a quote which was very fair. He described the process and what I can expect afterwards - a dry basement. The crew came out as scheduled and worked cleanly, diligently, and exactly how Steve described: A trench was dug around the inside perimeter of the basement, filled with rock and a pipe w/holes in it to allow water to be captured, and holes drilled into the cinder block to allow water to exit. 2 sump pumps were installed (1 w/battery back up), and they filled in my existing sump pit (it was not properly placed). The exit/drain pipes were run in the trench and up the wall and exit the house. Everything was cemented over. During the work, Giovanni did an excellent job keeping me apprised of the progress. After the work was done, Giovanni went over the work done with me. This set up is way better than what I had. The 2 pumps are very quiet ... a soft hum when activated. I am very excited to have a dry basement - no humidifier (Giovanni explained one is not needed ... and best not to have being it most likely will pull moisture into the basement). No more mold! I highly recommend having any damp basement issues resolved by United Waterproofing!

Description of Work
waterproof my basement

Category basement waterproofing,wells,mold removal

Dear Member. Thank you for the great review, it’s really nice to hear that you are happy with our performance. Thank you again for giving us the opportunity to waterproof your home.

09/10/2019

Moira B.

A team of 5 arrived early in the morning and was able to complete the entire job in one day. They were professional, pleasant and did an outstanding job. I was very pleased with the experience and would not hesitate to recommend this company to anyone. They will be the one I call if I need further work.

Description of Work
Stitching was on two vertical cracks on the casement wall and a french drain was installed along the entire wall.

Category drain pipe

08/27/2019

Connie M.

Very good, informative, and professional.

Description of Work
estimate

Category pressure washing

03/21/2019

LINDA C.

Perfect job and quick to respond twice later.

Description of Work
I have recommended this company to anyone with basement water. They convinced me to do all my walls since the water would route itself to other walls which did not seem effected at the time. It turned out a dry looking corner already had water in the walls which they drained. Today which is 7 years later, they replaced the back up battery I had for the first time. Gionvanni called to remind me I needed it since I had forgotten and he knew lots of rain was forecasted. The one time I saw a little water under my laundry tube, they sent someone to check the same day even though I said it was not urgent. It turned out to be my sink pipe leaking. United Waterproofing is one the the most responsive and professional firms I have had the pleasure to hire in years. Its so great when someone does a great job for a change. Its so great when someone does a really great job for a change.

Category basement waterproofing

Dear Member, Thank you so much for taking the time to give United a review. It is our goal to provide our customers, excellent service. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you and your friends. Should you need anything else, don't hesitate to give us a call!

03/03/2019

Mike M.

When Steve first came to my house I felt very comfortable with what he was telling me. I showed him an area in my basement that had a crack in the floor. I pointed out that the water was a little murky and had a sewage like smell to it. Steve stated that he has been in this business for a long time and that water and smell was 100% ground water. I told him I had a concern that it might be one of my cast iron pipes under the concrete floor. Steve again reassured me that it was ground water. Steve also stated to me that all of the signs that he was seeing in my basement was showing that my concrete block foundation was filled with water and when they drill the weep holes water was going to “ POUR “ out. Fast forward to the date of the work. As soon as Giovanni walked into my basement he smelled what Steve said was “ground water”. Once he saw the murky water he stated you have a sewer issue. Once I told him what Steve said. Giovanni said maybe Steve didn’t smell it cause he is an older gentleman and he that his sense of smell wasn’t as good as it used to be. When he called Steve about the issue. Giovanni said Steve told him he never smelled anything out of the ordinary. After speaking with Giovanni he stated that I did have a ground water issue ( a 15-20 ft section of the basement wall had some slight mold ). We agreed to do the job and if their was a sewer pipe issue that he would not be liable for that. After about 2hrs of breaking up the floor he uncovered a 2 inch cast iron pipe was leaking. He called me down to look at the pipe. After seeing water pour out of this pipe. I asked Giovanni that after seeing this broken pipe, the location of the pipe and where my water and smell issues were. That in his professional opinion does he ever think I have a ground water issue. He looked at the pipe looked at the floor and could not even look me in the face. I knew at the point what the answer was. At this point my whole basement was torn up. It was too late to have them stop working. And then when they were at the point to start drilling the weep holes in the concrete block I was downstairs hoping to see the water “ pour “ out like Steve said was going to happen. Well 100+ holes later and 2 holes had minimal water trickle out. Now I knew I should have just told them to leave and not even started the work. $5,400 later and I have not had one ounce of water in my sump pump. I feel like I was taken advantage of. Yes I did have to chance to tell them to leave first thing in the morning when Giovanni told me about what might be under the floor. But once again he reassured me that I did have a ground water issue . One good thing that I can say is that he did jack hammer the floor up around the pipes so I can fix them. I do not recommend this company. If you have the slightest concern that you might have another issue besides ground water. Contact someone else before even thinking about hiring United waterproofing. One more positive is they did a decent job with the actual French drain and sump pump. I just wish I actually needed it.

Description of Work
French drains and sump pump

Category basement waterproofing

Dear Member, I’m sorry you feel that way about our company. However; I (Giovanni) take this review very personal since my integrity is in question. I am not in the business to take advantage of a customer or even worse rip them off. When I first walked into your basement I was very clear and consistent about the sewer problem and you were giving the option to hire a plumber to have the pipes checked and call us back if you wanted us to install the drain system. Then, you said you needed a couple minutes to talk to your wife and father in law. I went to the truck, 10 minutes later you decided you wanted to go ahead with the job! I did a lot of extra work at your house and I didn’t ask you for a penny more! I am a man of God, and will never take advantage of anyone’s situation.

01/24/2019

Cynthia C.

The technician came within one hour of our phone call. He replaced one of the sump pumps and had a very innovative way to solve our problem, quoted a fair price and advised us that the work would be scheduled as soon as possible.

Description of Work
We had drains and two sump pumps installed in 2011 and have not had a problem since then. Our groundwater seeped into the basement where there is no drain and since we had such good service before, we decided to call United Waterproofing again.

Category basement waterproofing

Dear Member, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide United with a great review. Our goal is to provide excellent customer service to our existing and new clients. Thank you for trusting United, with your project! Should you need anything in the future, give us a call!

11/30/2018

Ken G.

Had a good experience with United Waterproofing from initial contact to job completion. It started with Steve (sales) reviewing the job and outlining the solution needed to remediate my basement water issues. We scheduled the job for the following month. On the day of the job, Giovanni and his crew showed up on time and completed the work as expected. They installed the pressure relief system around the perimeter of my basement/garage feeding into two sump pumps. Since then we have had some rainy days and we have been dry! Also note that whenever I called Giovanni or Steve with questions, they always got back to me quickly. If you’re having basement water issues I would recommend United Waterproofing without hesitation.

Description of Work
Installed pressure relief system in basement

Category basement waterproofing

Dear Member, We appreciate you for taking time out of your day and give us a review. Our representatives strive to provide the customer the best possible solution depending on project. We are thankful, that you entrusted us with your project. Please don't hesitate to give us a call, should you have any questions or concerns.

11/09/2018

evelyn C.

We had been happy with the service before and decided to call United again. They were very prompt in coming to give us an estimate and set a date for the work to be done. The man who came to assess was friendly and explained everything and came up with a solution to our problems with water in the basement that sounded great. When the date came and the workers started to drill, cement started to fall from the ceiling in the basement. They immediately stopped work. It turned out the there was a portion of the basement ceiling that was not stable. They cleaned everything up, and the owner, Giovanni, got involved right away. He came personally to look at the house, and proposed a slightly different solution which was a little more complicated as the situation was a little different than had been originally assessed. We were very happy with the result and the new work was super promptly done, Giovanni came to oversee it all himself, and it seems great so far (we are waiting for a very heavy rainfall to truly see how it goes, but it looks perfect. It just hasn't been fully tested yet :)) What struck me most of all was the sincere care from Giovanni and the fact that he stood by the original estimate, when the work that was actually done was more complicated and likely cost more for them to complete.

Description of Work
Waterproofing basement

Category basement waterproofing

Dear Member, Thank you for the positive and detailed review. Our goal is to always offer best solution to our customers. We are happy to hear you are satisfied with our services, Thank you for trusting us, with you home!

Alpine Seamless Gutters

Over 20 years of experience,family owned business !!!

Charles & Son Construction & Landscaping Inc

Charles & Sons Construction & Landscaping is one of the premier full service landscaping companies in the Essex/Union/Morris/Passaic county areas. Our services include landscape design,hardscape installation, patios, walkway, driveway masonry contractor, Low voltage lighting, and tree removal. Our experienced landscapers guarantee clean, prompt service. Charles & Sons Construction & Landscaping currently employees 15 professionals, so no job is too big or too small. We have a large assortment of professional equipment, We run background checks on all of our landscaping professionals.

Jimmy's Gutter Service

Cleaning repair and installer new gutters

MasterCard, Check, Visa, Discover, American Express, Financing Available

Basement waterproofing. Crawl space waterproofing. Mold & mildew remediation. Outside drainage. Sump pump installations. Basement rip-out. I-Beams installation. Engineering reports. Foundation repair. Basement floor replacement. Wall cracks. Crawl space floors. Remove & Replace insullation.

Call for details