Custom Tile Works

Founded 2000 • With Angi since December 2016

Custom Tile Works offers quality professional tile installation services. Owner operated, licensed and insured for New Jersey with over 25 years of tiling experience. From full to partial bathroom renovations, kitchen floors, foyers, basements, fireplaces, backsplashes, and more..... Materials we often work with are porcelain, glass,marble, granite, natural stone and cement tile. We only use quality setting materials for installation....

A Service Provider's profile image

+33 more images

tile installation (22)flooring (4)home remodeling (3)fireplace services (2)

03/15/2022

Frank P.

My wife and I are new to the area so we used Angi’s list for the first time to find Custom Tile Works. Vincent is great to work with. He is honest, professional, and dedicated to making sure the customer is satisfied with his work. In addition to the work he did in our kitchen, he provided us with an honest assessment on our bathroom floor and wall tiling. If we decide to do the bathroom in the future we will absolutely work with Vincent again.

Description of Work
Kitchen Floor Tile Installation

Work Completed On 03/14/2022

Review for Custom Tile Works - 4 McKinley, Cranford, NJ - 39659956

11/27/2021

Abby V.

The work was excellent, on time with very precision tile cutting. The work area was kept clean at all times. This was amongst the best we have ever had. Extremely pleasent to work with.

Description of Work
Porcelain Tile Basement Playroom

Work Completed On 11/18/2021

08/15/2021

Chris D.

Excellent. Vinny is a perfectionist and does great work. He’s also a good guy

Description of Work
Backsplash installation

Work Completed On 06/09/2021

06/17/2020

Peter A.

Very well. Exactly what I wanted and done. Nice man too

Description of Work
Remove old tile sealer and reseal

Work Completed On 06/11/2020

12/01/2019

craig F.

Working with Custom Tile Works went extremely well for our fireplace project. Business owner, Vince handled the job—starting with the estimate, through the work itself, and took it all the way to completion. He is a straight shooter who sticks to his word and truly puts the quality of the work above all. With his extensive experience, you're hiring an artisan rather than just someone to get the job done.

Description of Work
We had our fireplace tiled, updating it from traditional to modern.

Category ceramic tile, fireplaces

Work Completed On 11/18/2019

Review for Custom Tile Works - 4 McKinley, Cranford, NJ - 38261600

11/27/2019

Kristina R.

Great work, great guy! Professional all the way

Description of Work
Tiling large finished basement and bathroom.

Work Completed On 11/27/2019

10/17/2019

Lori B.

Vince did an amazing job! He was professional, very neat, always on time and meticulous at his craft! He goes above and beyond to make sure you're happy! I would definitely recommend him in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
tiled kitchen floor

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

Work Completed On 10/17/2019

07/24/2019

Barbara N.

Vincent arrived on time every day. He was diligent and professional in his approach to the installation. Even though the tiles were small, Vincent paid attention to detail to ensure that everything linked up correctly. He even cut and installed a small piece of missing bullnose tile to the tub! Thank you Vincent for going above and beyond!

Description of Work
Removal of old cracked tiles and installation of new tiles

Work Completed On 07/22/2019

Review for Custom Tile Works - 4 McKinley, Cranford, NJ - 38003803

04/05/2019

Philip D.

A++++ all the way.

Description of Work
kitchen and laundry room tile

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 03/29/2019

09/17/2018

Jennifer M.

Vinny is great! I can't recommend him enough. He worked diligently to tile a 1,000 sqft basement and 250 sqft sun room. From start to finish, Vinny really kept me at ease, as we were ordering, received the delivery, all through installation - much of the time spent on his own at our house, and wrap up. He made sure everything was level and perfect. He was considerate to the space, keeping everything organized and tidy, and really focused on the finer areas of tile work - like grooves and spaces - he even cut down the cement blocks under our sink downstairs so that when he tiled under it it would still be level to our pipes. It's that thoughtfulness and professional detail that I would say really made our house a home in this regard and make Vinny the pro I would call again for my next project. Vinny, it looks great, thank you!

Description of Work
Tiled floor in basement and sun room

Work Completed On 08/25/2018

07/31/2018

Jennifer A.

Vinny was fast, friendly and meticulous. Great work. I would hire him again anytime. Our bathroom looks amazing.

Description of Work
Bathroom re-tiling

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, home remodeling

Work Completed On 11/01/2017

07/20/2018

Douglas L.

Vincent did an outstanding job. Very detailed and worked to make sure everything was done right. This was not a standard installation but Vincent was up to the task. The grout lines are perfect and because of his work out kitchen in now beautiful.My wife and I love the work Vincent..Great job,We highly recommend Custom Tile works.

Description of Work
Put in a glass kitchen back splash over existing brick

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/10/2018

07/02/2018

Ryan M.

They won’t take the job because they only install new tile and wouldn’t know how to price out a days worth of work. Does anyone want to work these days? I’d stay away from this co for fear that you have an issue down the road and need them to come back to take care of a small job.

Description of Work
Called for an estimate for re-grouting and replacing 2 cracked tiles. The job is about 1 day worth of work and my scheduling was completely flexible.

Category ceramic tile

Mr. [Member Name Removed] I would like to apologize for the miscommunication and misunderstanding between us. Per our telephone conversation, I stated that “I only repair work that I have installed if necessary”, due to the fact that I am unaware of the installation process used on the existing tiles. In addition, Re-caulking is not a service I provide on existing tiles that were not installed by Custom Tile Works; but I would gladly refer one if needed. Regards, Mr. Paro

05/24/2018

Frank F.

Awesome! Vinny was great to work with. Excellent communications and follow-up. Arrived when he said he would. Worked efficiently. Kept the work-site neat and clean. He did an outstanding job installing our glass mosaic tile. There were many small pieces to cut / fit and Vinny handled it with precision. I'm impressed with his work. We have another tile project later this summer and will certainly go back to Custom Tile Works for installation.

Description of Work
Glass Tile installation on a wall that will be behind an aquarium.

Work Completed On 05/22/2018

Review for Custom Tile Works - 4 McKinley, Cranford, NJ - 37096794

05/16/2018

Tom L.

Anyone looking to install tile inside your house, I highly recommend Vincent Paro, of Custom Tile Works. He installed over 500 pieces of 4"x8" tile resembling a cobblestone walkway inside our house. There is not a single tile that isn't laid correctly, and the grout lines are perfectly straight. We used him again to install a backsplash in our newly renovated kitchen, and again it came out perfect. Everyone has heard the nightmare stories when it comes to contractors, but Vincent Paro was a pleasure to work with from start to finish.

Description of Work
Tile Interior Walkway & Tile Backsplash

Work Completed On 04/11/2018

04/03/2018

Scott H.

Vincent did a great job. Was very helpful in describing the process and answering all of my novice questions. Work came out great. Replaced tile and looks as if nothing happen.

Description of Work
Replaced master bath shower pan and tile

Work Completed On 03/30/2018

11/17/2017

ANA M H.

Vincent did an excellent job. Made sure that the tile was done to my liking, left everything clean, very little waste and all was done in a timely manner. Would hire again definitely.

Description of Work
A kitchen backsplash.

Work Completed On 11/15/2017

09/21/2017

ANA M H.

Although, our family decided to go w/wood floors, we were very impressed w/Vincent's professionalism, honesty and customer service. We will definitely use him for our next project.

Description of Work
Removal of tile from floor and re-tiling.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

Work Completed On 09/18/2017

09/10/2017

Martin O.

Vincent did our bathroom renovation to our complete satisfaction. He is very professional, has a good personality and an excellent work ethic. He is very thorough in his work and he takes pride in what he does and thrives to please his client. He even came on a Sunday to fix a minor issue with the tiles upon the installation of the medicine cabinet. From the very beginning he was courteous and returned phone calls and messages promptly. He came to work on time and worked very neatly. After each day of work he would clean the space and leave everything in order. He is a pleasure to work with and we will not hesitate to recommend him. We look forward to working with Vincent again when we renovate our second bathroom.

Description of Work
Bathroom renovation.

Work Completed On 09/10/2017

08/01/2017

David N.

Excellent!! It was a very smooth project. Vincent was very professional, courteous and did excellent work. We were very pleased with his business ethic. He was on time, returned phone calls and adhered to his work schedule. We would definitely use him again and highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Remove existing stone tile floor and install porcelain tile.

Work Completed On 07/28/2017

Review for Custom Tile Works - 4 McKinley, Cranford, NJ - 35943047

04/17/2017

Debbie D.

Vinny was very professional and his work was outstanding. His pricing was right in my budget. He worked with my time scheduling and met all his estimated times he felt the jobs would take to complete. I wouldn't hesitate to use him again.

Description of Work
Stoned a fireplace and tiled a bathroom

Category ceramic tile, fireplaces

Work Completed On 03/08/2017

Review for Custom Tile Works - 4 McKinley, Cranford, NJ - 34836761

03/30/2017

Ana L.

The job went great!! Tile looks magnificent transformed my kitchen!! Very professional, clean, courtesy and excellent craftsmanship.

Description of Work
Kitchen floor and backsplash

Work Completed On 03/20/2017

Thank you...... See you for the bathroom.

03/29/2017

Olga D.

Excellent, from the design to completion everything was done carefully and beautifully. Very professional and good price. Will have him do more work when needed. I highly recommend

Description of Work
Kitchen backsplash 2015 and complete bathroom and living room/dinning room floor 2016

Category home remodeling