Tools To The Rescue

Founded 2005 • With Angi since January 2010

207 Beverly Hill Rd

Clifton, NJ 07012

We take pride in our work and show up on time. We are a very neat & caring company, but most importantly - affordable pricing....

05/13/2021

Frances E.

I would highly recommend this company. Rudy shows up on time and is a great communicator. He works very hard when he is here and is willing to go the extra mile.

Description of Work
We are a private school and needed various things done.

Category awnings, misting systems

11/22/2020

Craig M.

Rudy does excellent work, and was professional and communicated well throughout the process! I would highly recommend him and Tools to the Rescue for any home repair or handy work around the house. Rudy effectively replaced two older windows with new models, and did a great job installing new vinyl flooring planks and wall molding to two of our basement rooms. The two rooms are so much better now and a world's difference from before due to Rudy's expertise and hard work!

Description of Work
Re-flooring and window replacement

Category flooring contractor, handyman service, replacement windows, basement remodeling

Nicolle T.

Great service! I received a response the same day I posted on Angie’s list and the job was done the very next morning. I was very happy with the responsiveness and quick turn around. The door was installed with no issues , we purchased it beforehand. We did have to run out and my a handle becuase we didn’t realize the package didn’t include one. That was very easy as well. Definetly recommending to friends and family!

Description of Work
Storm door installed

Category awnings, doors

Sandra J.

Rudy was very responsive to my text messages and answered all of my questions. He took his time to review what work needed to be done and provided a clear estimate of what would be included. He arrived on time, was COVID-19 compliant, respectful of my home and worked seamlessly from one repair to the next. I am very satisfied with the work and will use Rudy again for other projects.

Description of Work
Bedroom TV mounted on wall, bedroom door replaced and painted, kitchen under sink cabinet shelf repaired, front door frame painted.

Category handyman service, house painters, interior painters, doors

Jennifer A.

I highly recommend Tools to the Rescue. Everything went smoothly, and the results were excellent. He responded promptly to my request for a quote; in fact, the job was completed only 3 days after my initial request! And throughout the process, he did a good job of communicating with me exactly what he would need to complete the project. He even gave me a heads up when he was on his way. I will definitely be using Tools to the Rescue in the future.

Description of Work
Painting brickmold around front entry door

Category house painters, doors

10/30/2020

Spencer K.

Rudy got back to me right away, he came by in a couple of days to go over the work. He pointed out a couple of possible issues, and we discussed some alternatives. On the day of the work, he was prompt, the work went as smooth as could for an older house, and he left the area clean.

Description of Work
New interior moulding around front door, and switch orientation of a door to swing right instead of left.

Category contractors, doors

10/22/2020

S S.

Rudy aced it, as usual. Removed our heavy, old, ugly front door and all the associated framing, installed a modern fiberglass door & framing, installed door locks, new floor saddle. Removed old storm door, replaced it with a new, spiffy one. Both doors fit perfectly and look great. If it even needs to be said again: Rudy shows up on time, does fine work, and charges a fair price. We call him for everything.

Description of Work
Front door removal and replacement, storm door removal and replacement, large AC wall unit removal and replacement.

Category handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, doors

10/13/2020

Mark F.

Very Well: Rudy (of Tools to the Rescue) completed both jobs in a single day. He fixed the door frame and replaced much of the rotted wood on my shed door. I have relied on Rudy's services often over the years and he has always done excellent work

Description of Work
Repair of the rear basement door frame and repair of a shed

Category contractors, handyman service, doors

09/04/2020

Maria C C.

The job was done perfectly, I am very happy with the results!!

Description of Work
To mount a new Address Plaque above the main entrance door

Category awnings, handyman service

07/27/2020

Augustus G.

Went excellent. Rudy responded quickly and was very professional. His son came with him to assist with the project and they were both very attentive and constantly checking back with me to make sure I was satisfied along the way. I watched some of the install and it was tedious to say the least but this father son duo handled the install like champs. Very reasonable pricing and what impressed me most was the patience they both exhibited. I highly recommend Rudy for anyone and will most certainly call him in the future for any upcoming projects I cant tackle alone. Solid work indeed!

Description of Work
I needed some wooden tiles installed to convert my 2 balconies into wood flooring/deck

Category awnings, decks

06/22/2020

john B.

They showed up AHEAD of schedule (IMPRESSED) went right to work! told me it would take about 2 hrs They started about 10:30 and finished about 1/4 after 12:00 noon!! Did a GREAT JOB, cleaned up after they were finished, I am VERY HAPPY with the job that they did!!!! I will DEFINATELY call them again for other work!!! VERY PLEASED with their work!!!

Description of Work
Needed a new storm door, knew frame was not straight, knew I couldn't do the job!!! too many problems!!!

Category awnings, doors

06/03/2020

Abdulmajeed H.

Great job, professional, timely, clean, very nice attitude, easy to deal with. highly recommend Tools to the Rescue

Description of Work
installed shelves

Category closet systems, remodeling

03/18/2020

Mark D.

Rudy was fantastic! We needed him to repair a large hole in a wall. My mom is having a washer/dryer put in a spare bedroom. The plumber had to make a huge hole to do the work needed. Rudy completed the job quickly, at a fair price and painted the new wall. It looks great and we're extremely happy! He did work at my house previously and was equally professional. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Repairing a hole in a bedroom wall with painting

Category drywall, handyman service, interior painters

03/13/2020

Lisa G.

Excellent work! Rudy was professional, efficient, arrived on time and did a great job at a reasonable price. I would highly recommend him and we will be hiring him for our next project.

Description of Work
Install floor space in attic

Category flooring contractor, handyman service

03/02/2020

Amy J.

Rudy was very professional, prompt and communicative. Very happy with the job he's done. We will definitely be using his services for any of our future handyman repairs.

Description of Work
Window frame repair

12/18/2019

Jessie B.

Rudy was prompt and a great communicator. He made sure the job was taken care of and completed in a timely manner.

Description of Work
We had water damage on the ceiling that needed repair.

11/25/2019

S S.

Jobs Rudy has done for us: Replaced bedroom ceiling; powerwashed the entire house; re-cemented ancient front steps; built & installed cat-proof screens on all windows; hung bamboo shades on porch; installed huge 220 amp basement air conditioner; installed 2 new screen doors on outside entrances; currently sanding, priming, painting, replacing hardware on 8 doors; Probably more I can't remember. All jobs finished beautifully, on time. If it wasn't for Rudy, we'd have a much harder time trying to maintain our house. He is responsible and professional, and a nice person.

Description of Work
Lots of things on an old house

Category closet systems, decks, drywall, handyman service, insulation, masonry, plastering, screen repair, wallpaper removal, replacement windows, deck cleaning, pressure washing, interior painters, doors

10/28/2019

Marty C.

Tools to the Rescue took on a technically difficult job of installing a basketball backboard onto the roof of an old and oddly-built garage. We came across several unforseen challenges, but Tools to the Rescue stayed as long as was necessary to get the job done. They used their extensive expertise to engineer around the challenges and finish with an installation that was super-safe, extra-sturdy, and exactly leveled to regulation height. Rudy really is a Superman!!

Description of Work
Install basketball backboard on garage roof.

10/03/2019

Rich B.

Rudy was great. He takes his time, gives you a good sense of how things will look/work afterward, discusses your options with you, etc. Very professional and a really nice guy. Price was very reasonable for a half-day's work.

Description of Work
Installing an over-the-stove microwave, including moving cabinets, etc.

10/01/2019

Dina K.

Rudy arrived on time with all tools and materials needed. Not a typical microwave installation. Rudy worked through the issues and the job was done quickly and neatly.

Description of Work
Microwave installed

09/27/2019

Gerri B.

Rudy arrived on time as scheduled and went right to work. Very professional and his work was very impressive. Made all necessary repairs as was originally discussed and I was very pleased with the quality of his work. I would highly recommend his services and would definitely hire him again in the future. His pricing was very fair for the work that needed to be done. A pleasure doing business from start to finish,

Description of Work
Repairs to backyard storage shed

Category handyman service, woodworking

09/17/2019

Victor U.

Rudy was s true professional in the field. He was courteous and patient with the work that needed to be done in my home. What impressed me most was his care for the task, and knowledge for the materials needed. There was no guess work. Rudy treated the project as if it was for his home. I really appreciated his work and time and also professionalism. I will be hiring again for future projects.

Description of Work
Doors and molding

Category handyman service, interior painters, doors

09/13/2019

Debbie G.

Rudy removed an in-wall air conditioner, closed up the hole with insulation, and put new siding in exterior and drywall in interior. Very quick and efficient.

Description of Work
Remove in-wall Air Conditioner

Category drywall, handyman service, insulation, siding

08/19/2019

Virginia W.

Was very pleased with Rudy's work (Tools to the Rescue). He was reliable and personable. The repair was somewhat challenging as a recessed lighting fixture was located within the patch area. He came back several times between coats of spackle to ensure it dried properly. He also painted the ceiling. In the end it was impossible to tell where it was patched. A perfect job.

Description of Work
close up ceiling after plumbing repair

08/01/2019

S S.

Excellent, as usual. Rudy is punctual, professional, and does a great job. Our poor old front steps were cracked and falling apart, Rudy cemented everything back together beautifully. The powerwashing was a delicate operation, considering our aluminum siding had been painted about 10 years ago, bu Rudy managed to make the house look good regardless. His prices are absolutely fair, and well worth it, considering the quality of the work.

Description of Work
Powerwashing, concrete/brick front steps repaired

Category handyman service, masonry, pressure washing

Build Up Construction

At Build Up Construction, our company is based on the belief that our customers' needs are of the utmost importance. Our team is committed to meeting those needs. We welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best service in roofing, chimney, siding and masonry projects you have. No job is too big or too small for our experienced team. Call today for a quote.

Roy Targia Masonry

Roy got his start over 25 years ago as a member of the local Masons Union. He quickly rose through the ranks demonstrating his abilities as a craftsman as a masonry contractor. Although working in the Union was both rewarding and a decent living, Roy wanted to work on more creative projects. Such projects were not presented to him through his local union shop. Eventually his creative spirit won over his practical side, and he left the Union behind to strike out on his own as a small business owner. Roy and his clients quickly realized his ability as an old world mason with an eye for detail. Targia strives to attain old-world craftsmanship through the application of new-world methods, implementing both technology and technique to meet the client’s needs. In this, the foundation of our philosophy is born “The most important foundation we build is the relationships with our clients”. His ability to manage projects and to over deliver time and time again, is how Roy Targia Masonry and Custom Outdoor Living has been able to build a thriving masonry business in New Jersey. Masonry contractor New Jersey contact masonrybyroy.com. There is no job too big or too small for Targia’s team. Additional DBA - RoyTargiaMasonry.com.

A Debenedetto Construction LLC

A. DeBenedetto Construction, LLC handles all types of masonry work in the Essex County, NJ area. Locally owned and operated, we have over 40 years of dedicated experience in the industry. A. DeBenedetto Construction, LLC will solve all your waterproofing and drainage problems!

Offers by A Debenedetto Construction LLC on Angi

Handyman services, Doors, Windows, Molding, Painting, Sheetrock, Tile, Wood Floor Installation, Decks, Drop Ceilings, Finish Basements and much more.

Plumbing & electrical