RF Knapp Construction LLC

Founded 1960 • With Angi since January 2006

14 Pilgrim Dr

Clifton, NJ 07013

We are a family owned business started by our founder and father Richard F Knapp in 1960.The two sons Richard and Donald have been in the business since childhood and have been running the company since 1991.We take pride in our family's reputation for quality workmanship for over 50 years and are proud to be a certified GAF roofing contractor(cert number ce19509) and a preferred contractor of Alcoa mastic vinyl siding. Additional email - rfknappconstruction@gmail.com. Additional DBA - RF Knapp, LLC Construction....

07/18/2020

Barry E.

Fantastic, best contractor we ever hired for anything

Description of Work
Replace roof and installed attic fan

12/13/2017

Laura T.

Great. Knapp fixed a flaw in the old roof framing without being asked, and suggested the color of the roof too. Looks great and great GAF warranty

Description of Work
New roof on ranch Home.

12/06/2014

Grace Z.

I?m giving RF Knapp a ?D? for the flakiness of its owner-operator, Don Knapp. Our ?dance? started well enough when he picked up the phone and made an appointment to estimate. He actually showed up days early because, as he tells it, he was in the neighborhood. Well enough, I figure, it beats being late or not showing. His estimate was a good one as the outfit appears to be one of the few that?s actually willing to do repairs rather than, as most roofers, recommending replacement of the entire roof. So we make an appointment to fix. The weather was bad that day so he and his crew didn?t show but a phone call to inform us of that and reschedule would have been more professional. None happened then or the next day. So we called to reschedule, got another date. On that day, the weather was perfectly fine. Sill, no show, no call. We call again a couple days later, he reschedules again, then calls back a few minutes later and goes on an incoherent rant complaining about us. It still isn?t clear to us what his beef was as he rambled on about when we could make the appointment, that we wanted him to clear the gutters during the same visit (which I really don?t get because it was for his convenience), etc. I think the true undercurrent of his displeasure was that we were calling him on his flaky, unreliable, unprofessional ways.

Description of Work
Nothing

06/27/2014

Tammy D.

04/05/2014

Thomas P.

The work was completed as estimated and to our satisfaction. We were worried that there was more damage than just the vents, we have water phobia after a few floods. A shady contractor could have taken advantage of the situation but Rich and company only prescribed the fix that was required. Rich also produced their certificate of insurance upon request, which my wife is a stickler for since she has experience in property management. We've had some contractors unable to provide the proper certs, which shows that Knapp Construction is a professional company and has their stuff in order.

Description of Work
We had a water leak in our roof after one of the major storms. Rich came out and inspected the roof and found that our ridge vent was the issue. He removed and closed up the ridge vent and installed new caps. He also installed 3 roof louvers for ventilation and a new chimney clue cap.

01/09/2014

Susan W.

Very well, They came by the date he gave me. Basically completed in one day. Only had to come back the next day to put back a small amount of siding between the upper roof and lower roof, and add the new gutter screens. The cleanup was great. They were courteous, professional, experienced and knowledgeable, and, I believe, the only contractor I had contacted that was certified with GAF (the roofing material manufacturer).

Description of Work
removed old roof, installed new roof with Liberty roofing system on low pitch extension, 4 new ventilation louvers, fan, & gutter screens.

11/12/2012

SHIRLEY E L.

WENT VERY WELL. SEE ABOVE COMMENTS. THANKS... SHIRLEY LATHAM

Description of Work
Wonderful people to deal with. Would recommend them very highly. They accomplished the repair in a very timely manner. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to put down my experience with them in writing. Shirle Latham

04/06/2012

Erika P.

Job went well from start to finish. I live in South Carolina and needed a new roof on a house in New Jersey. I contacted several contractors by phone requesting estimates. I spoke to all of them and explained my situation.They all looked at the job and sent estimates to me as I had requested. I spoke to Rich Knapp again after receiving his estimate, I felt very comfortable with him and he explained everything he was going to do and when he could do the job. He called me several times to update progress since there were a few weather delays. Rich is truly a good business man. I highly recommend him, it was a very pleasant experience working with him. He did a great job on the roof,it looks great!

Description of Work
Removed existing old shingles from roof and put new shingles on the roof. Removed all old shingles from job site.

04/04/2012

Tom M.

These guys were just great. We had interviewed another roofer and felt like he was taking us for a ride, comparitively. With Rich, he gave us his whole history in the business, how his father started it, the fact that his employees are salaried, long-term employees, rather than just some hourly guys who come in job by job. He explained all the details about how attic venting works, why soffit vents were not appropriate for our house, based on how it was built. His price was significantly less than the contractor using Owens-Corning shingles (which have had a class action lawsuit due to shingles falling apart). This guy uses GAF, which not only seems to be a superior product (since it's all they do), but they came with a 40-year warrantee. They took off 6 layers of shingles from the back of our house (don't ask - previous owners were really not good about appropriate maintenance), put in flashing, new gutters, as well as installing the new shingles and an attic fan for venting the attic. Not only did they do all of that, but they cut the overhang over the front of the house back by about 12-18and quot;. Now tall folks can get in our front door without bumping their heads! Everyone on the crew was friendly, well-mannered, respectful and incredibly tidy. Over the 3-4 days they were here, you never would have know someone had been there during the day, as there was no residue from their work anywhere in the yard. They left our yard absolutely immaculate. And they were working in cold, December weather, when they should have been enjoying the holidays. Can't recommend these guys highly enough. If we have other exterior work to do on the house, we will definitely be calling them in first for an estiamte.

Description of Work
Complete roof replacement, including shingles, flashing, gutters and the installation of an attic fan.

01/26/2006

THIS WAS A NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE. THEY WERE NOT VERY PROFESSIONAL. THEY WERE NEVER ON TIME. IT WAS HARD TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT. THEY DID NOT DO A GOOD JOB ON THE ROOF. I DEFINITELY WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE.

Description of Work
THEY REPAIRED THE ROOF.

The reason there was a delay in doing this job was the fact that the roof was incorrectly insulated when it was built. I tried for a while to convince the owner of the problem before doing the job( hence the time delay) that this would need to be corrected so that this roof would be done correctly and have anymore future problems. Unfortunately this gentleman would not believe me or understand the problem that this roof has. I did the way the gentleman wanted because he insisted he knew better than me and wanted it done his way.Unfortunately this roof will not last the time length it is suppose to because this insulation issue against my strong recommendation was not corrected.Being a certified gaf roofing contractor, I need to take many factors when I do a roof ( leakage problems areas ,areas exposed to high winds,ventilation concerns,areas prone to ice daming and others.All these factors have to be considered for each individual job.Sometimes people don't believe what you tell them and that your trying to sell them more than they need. I've been doing roofing for my whole life since I was 13. This business was started by my father in 1960 and I grew up in the business. I have been running the company with my partner my brother( Donald) since my dad's passing in 1991.this was one customer that I should not have done the job for be cause of the issues involved.

American Quality Home Improvements

With over 20 years of experience, American Quality Home Improvements is a leader in the Home Improvement and remodeling field. Specializing in Roofing, Siding, Windows, Gutters and Masonry, we focus on delivering not only the best and the highest quality workmanship but also an unforgettable customer service experience. We handle each and every Homeowner with the respect and professionalism they deserve because In today's market, there isn't many Home Improvement Companies or Contractors you can trust. We are always putting our focus on product research in today's technology in order to provide our Homeowners with the highest energy efficient products available in the market today. Give us a call and see what we're all about!

Offers by American Quality Home Improvements on Angi
    Impressive PRO Construction

Impressive PRO Construction is here to provide quality roofing repairs, replacements, and new installations for your residential and commercial roofing needs in New Jersey. Our expertise in the roofing industry allows us to install a variety of roof systems that will fill almost any upcoming project you have. We provide complete shingle installation and repair, flat roof installation and repairs, roofing inspections, and more.

Morris Renovations Inc

0% Interest Financing by a Local Company, 17 Years in business with factory trained employees. We offer extended labor and manufacturing warranties. For over 17 years, customers around the New Jersey area have trusted Morris Renovations Inc for their home-improvement needs. We have done their roofing, siding, windows, gutters, doors and much more. When you work with Morris Renovations, we make even the most challenging and ambitious custom home improvement ideas you have come to life without any hassle on your part. This is because we have extensive experience in our craft and contractors have been trained for over a decade in under the roof of our business right here in New Jersey. Since 2002 we have been providing the Northern and Central New Jersey with superb service that all our customers can rely on. We're dedicated to providing quality service day after day - our backbone is solid experiences and knowledge of our work and look to establish ourselves as one of the most reputable roofing contractors in New Jersey. At Morris Renovations Inc. we're proud to have crews that have been trained for the last two decades. When you hire us, we don't just send a person that is a general contractor or some kind of "repair man". We send a factory trained professional crew with a foreman who is responsible for your exterior project. Our crews are certified technicians who have been through the company's training and are part of the Morris Renovations family. Our crews appear on time, repair and install your desired service and follow it through with an inspection on completion to make sure that the roofing, siding, window, door, gutter installation was flawless. Unlike other contractors, our crews will finish the project, cleanup and leave with no trace of any debris or dirt.

Check, Financing Available

Roof replacement, repairs and inspections, gutter and leader systems, vinyl siding & windows.