Accurate Paving

Founded 1960 • With Angi since August 2010

46 Barkley Ave

Clifton, NJ 07011

Accurate Paving is a family owned and operated company for over the last 50 years. There is three generations of contractors who currently work together to serve the Tri - state area. Accurate Paving utilizes there newly purchased equipment which is bought every 5 years or so and past knowledge to

08/11/2019

Jerome M.

It was a slow start due to the terribly rainy season we had throughout May and June. Finally there was a break in the weather so Owners George, Joe and Rob showed up on July 6th along with a whole team of workers. There only issue was a misunderstanding about the extension of the driveway, after a discussion they completed the driveway exactly how we wanted it. We definitely recommend Accurate Paving.

Description of Work
Remove and replace current asphalt, extend driveway, frame the driveway and the garden with Belgian block.

05/01/2018

Shaun D.

Amazing job! Highly recommended

Description of Work
Seal coat for driveway

04/30/2018

Jamal B.

AS an engineer, I wanted to make sure the job is done properly and in compliance with the national asphalt paving association's recommendation(NAPA). I was very pleased with the attention paid during the base preparation phase grading, rolling and the 6 inches of crushed aggregate base. Once the site was ready, paving with asphalt followed. They did put down 3" of compacted/rolled layer of fine asphalt. The site was cleaned meticulously when completed. Needless to say I was very satisfied with the results, I would strongly recommend this family operated business of three generations. ' '

Description of Work
Rip out old driveway, remove roots from near by tree, expand driveway, and repave with new asphalt.

Category excavators, driveway pavers

04/06/2018

Tony T.

Awesome job

Description of Work
New driveway and backyard patio

Category driveway pavers, hardscaping

Thank you for your business [Member Name Removed] it was a pleasure working with you

03/05/2018

Ralph P.

The owners are very responsive, excellent crew and provide quality work at reasonable prices. I have contracted Accurate Paving for numerous jobs for many years and was always satisfied with the work that was done.

Description of Work
commercial and residential paving, block and stone work

Category concrete driveways, excavators, masonry, hardscaping

02/20/2018

Michael W.

I had accurate give me a price on my driveway to put pavers down. The estimator Joe was very informative and was very well mannered. I have had some bad experiences before so I appreciated it this aspect. He had a huge portfolio and was very cooperative with me and my wife. The work was done in a matter of about 4 days they laid onyx pavers in a hebbinger pattern. The job came out excellent.

Description of Work
Paver Driveway

Category concrete driveways, masonry, driveway pavers, hardscaping

Thank you for your business [Member Name Removed]it was a pleasure working with you

01/16/2018

Steve S.

The mitchell family has been working for me for the last 25 yrs and each job they have done has exceeded my expectations George and his son and his team of 8 guys really know what there doing there very professional on time they take the time step bye step and show me what there doing and I really appreciate the fact that they are there working along with there guys till the completion and there price’s are always reasonable I would not hire anybody else and I would recommend them to anyone

Description of Work
Paving and masonry work done on my parking Lots

Category concrete driveways, excavators, masonry, drain pipe, driveway pavers, hardscaping

As always [Member Name Removed]I thank you for your business it was a pleasure working with you

07/15/2016

Lori H.

Due to the time of year, other jobs (that were on Accurate's schedule prior to us) & weather issues, it was a bit slower to start the project but it really worked out and was worth the wait.

Description of Work
Joe, George & their crew removed our old driveway (to return space to grass) & excavated and paved a new driveway on the opposite side of our property. They set Belgium block on beautiful angle to give the driveway a great border and curb appeal.

Category masonry, driveway pavers

01/28/2016

Steve S.

I was very satisfied, they did a excellent job in very timely fashion with no issues whatsoever. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Accurate Paving cleaned and prepared the parking lot off. Then resurfaced it with 3 inches of asphalt and then restriped the entire lot.

01/28/2016

Steve C.

Joe Mitchell the owner was very pleasant and easy to work with. They came out in a very reasonable fashion and completed the work right away. I will suggest them to anyone i come in contact with.

Description of Work
Accurate Paving paved my driveway with 3 inches of asphalt.

Category driveway pavers

[Member Name Removed] thank you as always for your business it's always a pleasure working with you

11/12/2015

Valentin T.

We had an oil tank removed below our driveway and needed it patched immediately so we could continue with the sale of our home. Another company came and did a terrible job. Called Joe at Accurate and he remedied the situation immediately and professionally. Within 24 hours he had a skilled and professional crew at the house removing the asphalt from the previous company and patched it the right way. Total time including clean-up was less than 3 hours. Thank you, again, Joe.

Description of Work
Patched an area of our asphalt driveway after it was cut to have an oil tank removed.

10/30/2015

Ted G.

Did an excellent careful job with the driveway.

Description of Work
Asphalted driveway and enlarged apron of driveway

Category concrete driveways, driveway pavers

10/22/2015

Frances M.

Description of Work
Reseal of driveway - nothing "spilled over" and you could tell they did as much as they could to save an old driveway from costly rip-up.

09/21/2015

joan S.

Description of Work
They extended and repaved our driveway. There was a minor issue and they came back and repaired the problem.

Category concrete driveways, driveway pavers

08/26/2015

Zhen W.

Joe and his crew did a fantastic job

Description of Work
Fixed my drive way - remove the top, lay stone and put on new top. Fixed my walk way - reset all stones and put polymetric sand. 3 year warranty

Category driveway pavers, hardscaping

08/12/2015

Kirsten A.

Category driveway pavers

Dear Miss [Member name removed] I was not aware that you had an issue with your driveway but by all means I am very sorry that you have a problem and if you would not mind giving me a call at 973-777-5885 or my cell at 201-954-8447 I anxiously await your call and I'll be more than happy to rectify any problem that you may have or if there's anything else I can do for you please let me know George Mitchell the owner of Accurate Paving thank you

06/10/2015

Jonathan R.

Description of Work
Within two weeks of signing my contract, Joe was able to fit me into his schedule. He pulled off current blacktop and replaced with gravel. After a week, I got a phone call from him that that one of his clients cancelled and he was able to fit me on that day. He did the work as agreed and also repaired two areas of the curb that was damaged for no additional cost. I was pleased with all of the work with the exception of the curb repair. I expressed this to Joe and explained that I would had paid for the proper repair had I known it would have came out the way it did. After discussing, Joe offered to come back and properly repair the driveway curb at no additional cost. Overall, I an pleased with the quality of work.

06/05/2015

Cindy S.

not as punctional as some may want but we were in no rush as we saved $$ . When he did come he did the job totally and it was impressive - many neighbors watched and want to know who we used and if we would recommend him- if it holds up and I think it will- we are totally recommending Accurate Paving!

Description of Work
new asphalt driveway

04/23/2015

Leslie K.

Complete nightmare. Not to be trusted. Within the first year, the parking lot cracked and crumbled. Joe kept putting me off so I had to incur legal fees to get him to live up to his guarantee. And the repair job was a half effort. Terrible experience.

Description of Work
Repaved parking lot

Category driveway pavers

Hi this is George Mitchell the owner of accurate paving I don't recall doing your driveway or you spending that kind of money with my company but if that's the case and if u still have a problem with your driveway or if there's anything I can do to mend our relationship please call me on my cell phone at 201-954-8447 thank you

01/13/2015

Craig S.

The quality of the work was bad and then after a year I ve had cracks and called them several time to repair and they wouldn't call me back. I will be filing an official complaint against them shortly. They are not to be trusted.

Description of Work
Paved the driveway and reset the blocks

Category driveway pavers

Dear mr [Member name removed] I'm very sorry u had problem I thought it was corrected I will be more that happy to make arrangements with you to redo your entire driveway to make an effort to make you happy if you can please call me on my cell at 201-954-8447 I anxiously await your call Joan Mitche make an effort to make you happy i George Mitchell the owner of Accurate Paving

11/23/2014

Shannon C.

Was a nightmare to work with, but he did a decent a job. He was very punctual and prompt at our first meeting. He showed us a book of previous jobs that he had done well. He promised us that he could begin in about 3 weeks. When that time approached we did not hear from him and had to call him. Joe expressed to us that he would start the following week and was held up at a job. The following week came and he did not show up. We then called him and told him we were going to break the contract after waiting a month for him to show up. He begged and apologized to us and promised he would start the job the next day. He finally showed up as promised and ripped up our driveway and patio. He said he would be back the following week to finish the job. That turned into 2 MONTHS of living with a dirt driveway and patio. It took several phone calls to get him to come back to check the settlement of the dirt. He clearly was overbooked with jobs and customers. He apologized for the delay and promised in writing to do the job for free. When he finally did send his men to finish the job at the end of the summer, his men did do a good job. However, we commented on a stain on the driveway when he first put the asphalt down, and he said that would come out it was just dirt. However, months later the stain is still there. Also, he did not do the job for free. When his men finished he asked to be paid since he did the work. His workers work hard and do a good job. Joe needs to learn how to schedule and be honest with his customers! It is more annoying as a paying customer to be told lies! Contract was signed at the beginning of June and job was not completed until the end of August.

Description of Work
Tore up driveway and widened it. Added a paver border and a paver patio.

Category driveway pavers

Hi Mrs [Member name removed] George Mitchell the owner of Accurate Paving I am sorry I do not remember doing your driveway but if you have a problem with that or if you feel like you were mistreated in anyway if you would like to give me a call on my cell at 201-954-8447 I'll be more than happy to speak to you and see if there's anything I can do thank you very much

10/28/2014

Wayne T.

08/30/2014

Dr. Stuart W.

It's not a huge driveway. He gave a prompt response to my phone call. He got the job done within 48 hours of confirming that I wanted it done.

Description of Work
Accurate Paving did my driveway.

08/25/2010

TONI B.

It went very well. We had received estimates from approximately 7-10 companies. However, he came out in 2009 and 2010 and gave us very comprehensive estimates both times and presented his idea of the project well. We chose him based on his description of the project and our belief that he would do it correctly and on time. Once we chose Accurate Paving, he came over within a few days. We reviewed our concept of the project (our driveway is pitched in the wrong direction and therefore, it was not an easy or obvious project to complete). We then negotiated on the price and project so that it we could get a driveway at the price we wanted. We completed all of this Wednesday night and his group was at our house the next morning by 8:30 am. He accompanied his workers and stayed for the entire project. At the end of the day, we felt they had done an excellent job and the driveway looked great. We were pleased. The only negative issue we had with them was that they disposed of trash (two receipts) on our lawn and left everything that they had dug up in our planting beds. They still have not come out to remove these items from our beds (the grate they left was extremely heavy) and they did not put the water hose back. This I would not consider professional because part of the job is to leave the area the same way you found it. However, otherwise, I was very pleased with their work and would use them again (I would however make sure they cleaned up after they are finished next time). And Joe is very pleasant to work with and very considerate of the homeowner.

Description of Work
Removed pea gravel driveway paving, installed a linear catchment drain across the entire length of both garage doors, installed 3 inches of asphalt and compacted it to 2-1/2 inches, and ran the catchment drain from the front of the garage to the end of the driveway out to the street.