Quality 1st Basement Systems

Founded 1986 • With Angi since May 2006

Quality 1st Basement Systems has been helping homeowners improve their homes for over 20 years. We have currently helped over 6,000 homeowners with All Things Basementy by designing effective solutions for their home’s needs. Whether our homeowners are interested in waterproofing a wet basement, fixing cracked foundation walls, insulating their crawl spaces, finishing their basements with mold-resistant materials, and raising concrete slabs, we can help! We’re currently the largest waterproofing company serving both residential and commercial clients in the tri-state area and are continuing to grow. As a member of the internationally renowned Basement Systems, Inc. network and Foundation Supportworks, Inc. network, we have global resources, but provide local service! The Basement Systems network thoroughly trains our employees at the Basement Systems, Inc. corporate headquarters in CT. Our hard work and dedication to our customers have earned us an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and several Super Service Awards from Angie’s List. We service most of New Jersey, all 5 boroughs of New York City and certain parts of Pennsylvania. Thousands of homeowners have experienced the Quality 1st Basement Systems difference. We invite you to do your homework and check out our credentials and compare. Put our experience and integrity to work protecting your investment. Our reputation exceeds all others because of our culture of WOW customer service....

Before BrightWall

+184 more images

4.4

basement waterproofing (242)well & water pump repair (66)foundation repair (37)drain pipe installation (33)plumbers (21)concrete repair (18)basement remodeling (11)insulation (10)flooring (10)carpet installation (3)gutter repair (1)window replacement (6)

07/19/2022

Stephen B.

Digging under my basement floor to install the WaterGuard system, Quality 1st unleashed the foul odors of VOCs and sewage which now fill up my basement and my home at different times of the day. Buyer Beware when installing Quality 1st's WaterGuard system under your basement floor.

Description of Work
WaterGuard drain to prevent basement flooding

Work Completed On 10/01/2021

03/10/2022

Nadia M.

Couldn’t have asked for a better crew from the start with Steven Roland to Mario who came out with his crew to do the job. They were great. Amazing They knew exactly what they were doing never stopped a minute and at the end of the day they left our basement spotless. They were just Amazing. Steven came out for an estimate from that day I knew I was in good hands. Steven explained everything what they were going to do from start to finish and Mario took the time out to explain it exactly step by step that he was going to do. My husband and I were very happy and pleased and for my mom who sees everything she was so happy. For my mom to be happy you know they did a great job. They all kept there word, what they said that they were going to do they did it and more. I would definitely recommend them to anyone. GREAT JOB TO STEVE ROLAND, MARIO AND CREW.

Description of Work
We need a Trench Drain, Sump Pump, remove the walls and remove the mold

Category auto repair, basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe, foundation repair

Work Completed On 03/09/2022

03/04/2022

Frances M.

All the workers that came to our house have all been just wonderful. They've been polite, confident and they're very good.

Description of Work
They installed water proofing system for me.

Work Completed On 09/05/2019

08/05/2021

Laura M.

We waited 2 months for our work to be completed after giving them a $525 deposit and assured this would be a simple job. The workers were site on 6/30 for several hours, but they were unable to complete the job. The porch steps barely moved and are visibly not level. The contract stated the the steps would be lifted and leveled. I was assured that the work could be completed by bringing in equipment and lifting the steps to insert the foam product. However, this did not come to fruition. Instead, I was offered a refund, not by my original payment method (credit card), but by check. Unfortunately, to make the situation more complicated, dried and hardened foam is stuck to my existing railing. Although I have made multiple requests to clean this up, my requests have been completely ignored. I was promised a call by Bill Paterno, who I have been in regular communications with and who has conducted himself with the utmost professionalism, from Kyle Ward, but he has not attempted to contact me. I would have appreciated if my railings would have been cleaned, but as it stands, the foam is hardened and their is permanent damage. Although I asked for help just to have this addressed, no one has contacted me.

Description of Work
Leveling an existing sinking porch

Category auto repair, mudjacking

Work Completed On 08/05/2021

Hi there, thank [Member Information Removed] for your feedback. Looking into our system we do have confirmation that your project was cancelled and [Member Information Removed] did receive [Member Information Removed] full refund as well. We do apologize we were not able to perform any work at your home. - Q1 Team

William S.

I’ve had it for a few years and never had a problem basement is nice and dry highly recommend.

Description of Work
Water management system for basement

Category auto repair

Work Completed On 06/16/2021

Lori D.

I used this company first to install a dehumidifier and then a sump pump. Prices were reasonable and payment plan option available. My basement is now fully waterproof. The excellent customer service is polite and responds in a reasonable time. Awesome company!!!

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 02/21/2019

Satish D.

Annual maintenance services were performed to the satisfaction

Description of Work
Sump pump testing

Work Completed On 06/16/2021

John L.

Very well. We have used Quality First in the past for other projects and have always been satisfied with the quality of their work.

Description of Work
N/A

Work Completed On 06/17/2021

Rebecca G.

Great. Proposal made sense, work was done quickly and cleanly. Results have been great.

Description of Work
Foundation repair/stability

Category foundation repair

Anthony R.

Excellent service, arrived when scheduled and quickly replaced with newer unit.

Description of Work
Replace dehumidifier

Work Completed On 06/16/2020

Raquel O.

Excellent company. Superb service. Exceptional customer service.

Description of Work
Sump Pump installed

Gioia C.

Excellent!! The staff were friendly and very clean they cleaned everything after the job was done. This was the best investment I ever made!!!

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing. Sub pump French drain installed and waterproof flooring half wall paneling and chair rail which are all waterproof.

Work Completed On 07/11/2011

Pamela W.

Excellent. Tech explained how it worked (never had one before) and recommended a back up battery in case of power failure during a storm. I feel very comfortable that my basement will stay dry!

Description of Work
New homeowner..had sump pump checked and serviced

Category auto repair, wells

Elaine F.

Professional, punctual, work done as expected, great customer service, office team attentive—but pricey.

Description of Work
Concrete leveling

Category auto repair, mudjacking

Work Completed On 06/12/2021

Anthony A.

great, every person I dealt with was excellent. from the phone staff, salesman, workers all great at what they do

Description of Work
house needed to leveled, new heavy duty floor jacks were installed with new stone foundation .

Category auto repair, foundation repair

Work Completed On 05/01/2017

Andy W.

Job was Great people are great was worth every penny. I can go into my cross space clean and dry and come out the same way. Amazing work

Description of Work
whole cross space was redone

Category auto repair, basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe

Rob D.

It went well. We have not had water in our basement since. However, it is CONSTANTLY being pumped out.

Description of Work
Sump pump/french drain

Work Completed On 06/01/2019

10/14/2020

MARSHA H.

So far it was OK and I recommend them.

Description of Work
Basement work.

Category basement waterproofing, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 10/14/2020

07/14/2020

michael P.

I am not yet able to determine whether or not the expected results of the basement waterproofing work is satisfactory as I have not had a rainstorm or heavy rain since the basement waterproofing work was performed. I will, however, pay great accolades to Quality 1st customer service, especially to Kyle. I was troubled with the proposal for the job as certain aspects of the language would have left me at an unfair liability should something had gone wrong with the work. I explained this issue with Kyle who followed through until the proposal was acceptable to me. The work crew was exceptional in that they were punctual, worked quickly, neatly and were, without question, among the hardest workers ever to have done a construction project for me. The crew was headed by Wilver along with his guys - Manuel and Jose. Again, I will refrain from commenting on the expected results of the work performed until the appropriate circumstances occur. In summary, I would say that Quality 1st demonstrated A1 customer service and the crew that performed my basement work were hard workers with great attitude.

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing

Work Completed On 07/14/2020

03/18/2020

Nancy W.

This has been the worst company to deal with. 1. They did not submit the request for permits as agreed upon so the project was delayed about 2 months while my house was in total chaos as flooring and furniture was moved to other rooms to prepare for the work they were supposed to do. 3. They tried to blame be for their inefficiencies and I had to fight to get a credit for the cost of the permits. 4. When they finally got the permits 2 months later and opened my walls they determined that they could not do what we had agreed upon. 5. At this point the right thing to do would have been to apologize and compensate me for my time and emotional stress as well as bring my walls back to whole. 6. Instead of doing what was right for the customer money clearly motivated Kyle Ward who convinced me that I would still benefit from the three pump system I believed him to be the expert so I took him at his word. 7. With all the rain we have had in NJ year to date the pump system has yet to turn. Quality 1st even came and opened up the pump after three days of rain and it was bone dry, and I have been totally scammed. 8. When I asked for an itemized bill it took asking 3 times for one to be delivered and it did not present a clear picture of the 10% discount on the original contract. 9. Now that I have finally gotten an itemized bill reflecting the discount 1 month and 10 days after initially requesting it, they have called me every day since for final payment, 10. In the interim I have had to invest an additional amount of money to get it done right.

Description of Work
Waterproofing system

Work Completed On 03/18/2020

Mrs. [Member Name Removed] Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with Quality 1st Basement Systems. We do apologize regarding the setbacks and issues with your installation. We understand there was a delay in permit processing but once the permits were submitted it was up to the township to approve and that is a process we have no control over. We have already refunded your permit processing fee for the inconvenience which you were aware of before we arrived on installation day. Upon the start of the project we found your walls to be wet, moldy and damaged from water you had experience. We found your housing structure to be unsuitable for our waterproofing system and recommended having someone else perform exterior work and wall restoration post installation as we did not want to risk the structural integrity of the home by cutting studs and concrete. You agreed and we installed the recommended Sump pump and removed all uninstalled products from your project. We even applied an agreed upon price adjustment for the inconvenience. You had experienced water problems inside the home and it was our recommendation to have the sump pump installed and that is the only product we installed. We have worked closely with the town to ensure all work was performed and the township has inspected all work and approved and closed out all permits. We have been reaching out to you to discuss the project and clarify all billing and adjustments made to the account however we have been unable to reach you on multiple attempts. Please call us so we can address your concerns and clear things up.

10/22/2019

Frances M.

This is a review of the *experience* we had with Quality. We had the basement waterproofed, so we won't really know how good the job is until a big rainstorm! So this is just the experience we had before and during the job. We reached out to Quality based on the Angie's List reviews, and were convinced by the visit from Greg. He was so knowledgeable about the water problems, and pointed out the years of experience the company has. Also, we weren't looking for a bargain, we were looking for a dry basement, and Greg was very straightforward about all the costs. Now we haven't had a rainstorm yet, so we still don't know the most important thing about the job! But Victor and his crew were fantastic. They knew what they were supposed to do when they got here, and did the whole job-- as quietly as possible-- in less than 4 hours. They were pleasant to have in the house. They left the place clean. So big thanks to all at Quality. P S: Will update when there's a big rainstorm.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 10/21/2019

07/31/2019

Zhongying H.

I seldom leave any reviews but this is one of the best contractors we have ever dealt with thus far! To start, their pricing is quite competitive. Secondly, I feel they probably have some of the best professionals in this industry. Communications with the sales person Javier is an enjoyment. He is honest, super responsive, polite, patient, and immensely professional. You won’t feel any pressure dealing with him. I have tons of questions given this is our 1st time dealing with a leaking basement. Javier was able to address all my questions in a most clear and timely manner - for a few times we were exchanging phone calls and text over the weekend! Thirdly, their crew on the ground (Brett is the foreman) are some of the most excellent contractors I have ever worked with. Brett gave me a call 45 minutes before arrival and they are extremely punctual. He walked me through what they are going to do before the work began and Updated me at times when I checked things up. In order to do the work they would have to uninstall some parts of my finished wall which I had originally believed would have to be completely restored anyway later. What’s beyond expectation is that Brett did the wall uninstallation in such a delicate and thoughtful way as he has hope that we may reuse the materials as much as possible! Also some of the working areas are very challenging to get in but the guys worked hard and got the work done nicely.! When the job is finished, they cleaned up all the working areas and Completely remove all the debris and dirts. My basement was left totally neat and tidy! Brett then walked me through the finished work and patiently answered all the questions I have. It’s a true pleasure working with Brett who is super nice, respectful and knowledgeable on what he is doing! The project is just done so I haven’t seen how it works but they have a life time warranty. Based on my experience so far, I would rate Quality 1st 6 Star if I could and would have nil hesitation to recommend them to anyone that needs a basement waterproof work!

Description of Work
We got water leakage in our finished basement and would like to install a drain system.