Chester Vacuum & Sewing Center

With Angi since June 2010

24 Chester Pl

Chester, NJ 07930

In business for 48 years. ...

10/19/2012

james M.

End result, I picked it up and paid $171. The vacuum works great; however, I was taken advantage of. FYI - unfortunately after the fact I found numerous BAD reviews on another website. Would never recommend them.

Description of Work
Vacuum dropped off Sun. 10/14 and specifically paid the $40 required to get an estimate before any work. Was told I'd get at call on Monday - no call. I called on Tuesday and they said service was done and ready for pick up. Asked how it could be done, never got the estimate? He said you should've paid $40 for an estimate. I replied that I did, and he then noticed that's correct. He said oh it just needed alot of cleaning out. He said I owed him $189 dollars (on a 4 year old $450 Dyson vacuum) and that he should've charged me $249, so it's a bargain. I reminded him that I never received the estimate and never expected to pay this much. Then the owner, took only $20 off. I felt my vacuum was being held hostage and had no recourse.

Category vacuum cleaners

02/29/2012

Ingrid B.

They did a good job and the technician was very good.

Description of Work
They repaired and serviced my sewing machine for me.

Category sewing machine repair

Sewing Machine Repair
    American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Financing Available

Vacuum and Sewing Machine Repair and Service.