The McMullin Design Group LLC

Founded 2001 • With Angi since June 2010

**Please visit our website to review our extensive portfolio and service descriptions** The Award Winning McMullin Design Group, LLC is a full service Interior Design Firm. Our ideal client's are professionals who understand the value another professional brings to a project. We are experts in

Before Ocean CityAfter Ocean CityAfter Ocean City

interior decorators (30)architect (11)window treatment (11)home remodeling (4)wallpaper hanger (4)furniture refinishing (1)closet design (1)

10/22/2020

Robert B.

We hired Kristen from McMullin Design Group to help furnish and decorate our home shortly after we moved in 2018 and it was a great experience start to finish! She's amazing. She took time to understand our space, our tastes, our priorities and our budget - and then came back to us with a full set of recommendations and alternatives. And when it came to delivery and installation, she organized and saw it through to completion, including getting estimates from her recommended painters, electricians and flooring installers and being there to make sure the job was done right. I have nothing but good things to say about Kristen. We recently hired her again to assist with and manage a new project converting our garage to a mudroom!

Description of Work
Furnish and Decorate Home

Category interior designers, remodeling, window treatments, architect

Work Completed On 10/22/2020

02/11/2020

Jennifer W.

The process was smooth and easy. Jen was professional, responsive, creative, and a pleasure to work with. The Friday reports are informative and keep phone calls to a minimum. We provided a budget and Jen worked within our limits to accomplish our goals successfully and beautifully. The level of detail in the proposals eliminates any ambiguity as to material and labor costs. Jen was available on site for each install day and put the finishing touches on each aspect of the design. We are in the process of building another home to which McMullin is involved. They make the process seamless and fun.

Description of Work
Decorated our beach home

Category furniture repair, interior designers, furniture sales, custom furniture, window treatments

Work Completed On 07/19/2018

Thank you! Projects are always easier when the client is great too. Thanks for trusting us on several of your projects. We look forward to a lifetime relationship. :)

02/06/2020

Tina A.

I highly recommend using McMullin Design Group. My mother moved into a new apartment after selling our family home of 50 years, and I wanted a totally new start for her. I live outside of the US, and I was always impressed with MDG's professionalism and responsiveness since I was managing this remotely. Their office is well run, and I was very pleased with the transparency of costs and reporting. On the design side, Jennifer Napieralski led the project and was absolutely wonderful to work with. Not only is my mother's apartment elegant and modern, but she made everything so easy for us while incorporating all of our design needs. Jennifer managed the project beautifully, and we could not be happier.

Description of Work
Furnishing a 2 bedroom apartment

Work Completed On 08/07/2019

Jennifer is wonderful! I am thankful everyday she joined out team. Your mom was also a great client! We take great joy in helping families navigate the next steps in life including the "BIG DOWNSIZE" :) We are overjoyed that your are happy with your experience. We aim to educate, be transparent, & work towards realistic budgets that makes everyone happy.

07/30/2019

Savan B.

MDG did a fantastic job helping us complete our new home. Jennifer and her team created a beautiful design and layout for our space and helped us throughout the entire process as it was our first time using designers. By ordering our furnishings through MDG, they saved us the headache of buying, tracking, and installing the furniture. They also resolved any issues that had come up, such as items that were received damaged. MDG was professional, organized, and most importantly experienced! Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Furnishings/Window-Treatment/Shutters/Area-Rugs

Category interior designers, wallpaper, buying services, furniture sales, custom furniture, window treatments

Work Completed On 07/30/2019

11/05/2018

Richard H.

I love all the rooms McMullin design redid for our family - it was a total facelift and the end product is awesome!! Highly recommend.

Description of Work
interior design and decorating, renovation planning

Category interior designers, remodeling, buying services, window treatments, architect, home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/01/2018

03/19/2018

Eric B.

AVOID! This design group charges top dollar and LACKS ATTENTION TO DETAIL. We remodeled two bathrooms and they made MEASUREMENT ERRORS in both bathrooms. Based on these measurements, we were directed by the designer to purchase custom pieces that we were unreturnable. When approached with the problem, they first blamed the contractor, then REFUSED TO PAY to fix the problem. This problem DELAYED a 6 week project back 2 weeks and they were very unapologetic. If you are looking for a group to increase the ease of your project, they will make mistakes and delay completion. For the price of their services, go elsewhere.

Description of Work
Remodeled 2 bathrooms and kitchen

Category interior designers, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/01/2017

Our clients trust us every day to help them achieve their vision for their space. In design and renovation, sometimes (as seen on TV!) things don't go exactly as planned, but it's our job to help minimize those instances and quickly make them right if they occur. We strive to deliver great outcomes for all of our clients on every job. We're truly disappointed that in this instance our client was unhappy with the outcome despite our repeated and sincere efforts to make it right. We fixed and paid for the problem that was caused by a 1" discrepancy in the plan. We wish them every happiness in their new space. While this one experience is disappointing for us, for clients considering us as your designer, we hope you'll visit our website (www.themcmullindesigngroup.com) where you'll see dozens of "five star" reviews and project images that better reflect our 17 year track record of delighting our clients.

12/28/2017

Ken H.

Expectations exceeded. We know what a big job looks like and when to reach out to professionals to make it happen. From the beginning, we knew McMullin Design Group (MDG) was the best choice and everything throughout the process confirmed our decision. The entire staff displayed a high degree of ownership, technical knowledge and attention to detail that continued to increase our comfort level throughout the project. Projects of this size, time frame, and financial consideration require many decisions to be made and MDG was prepared with foresight, expertise and project management to execute at a high level and a magnificent result.

Description of Work
Complete interior design of beach house including furnishing and accessorizing 4 bedrooms, 4 living and common spaces, 3.5 baths

Work Completed On 12/28/2017

Review for The McMullin Design Group LLC - 2030 Springdale Rd, Cherry Hill, NJ - 36708386

Love you guys! The house came out great and we are looking forward to next project!

12/18/2017

Carla R.

We are currently awaiting delivery of our new furnishings but have been very pleased so far with the design and responsiveness of our lead designer, Kiki. We needed to upgrade and furnish multiple rooms in our house, and Kiki "got" our style right away and met our needs with flexibility for an infant-friendly design. We are also planning to use MDG for phase 2 of possible renovation/space planning work in conjunction with their architect referral. All in all, we are very happy so far with the services!

Description of Work
Furnishings and consult for possible renovation work

Category interior designers, wallpaper, furniture sales, window treatments

Work Completed On 12/18/2017

11/20/2017

Mark W.

The designers that worked on our project, Bridget and Kiki, were approachable, friendly, professional, and easy to work with. They developed creative ideas based on our requests straight from the outset. The design was phenomenal! Working with Kiki we learned so much about layering the space with color, texture, and lighting. The entire process was well organized and the MDG team was great with following up on any questions. The end result is exactly what we were hoping for! I would highly recommend working with the McMullin Design Group and can’t wait for our next project!

Description of Work
Fantastic! We worked with the McMullin Design Group for a renovation of our family room. It was the first time that we had worked with an interior designer and we chose them based on their excellent Angie’s list reviews. The renovation was a complete overhaul involving some demo and new construction as well as all of the furnishings.

Work Completed On 11/20/2017

Thanks you so much! The room came out fantastic and we know you will love it for years to come! Can't wait for the next phase :) Bridget

09/14/2017

jane V.

better than i expected. i would highly recommend. Kiki picked up on my neutral style and went with that. Bought things that i would have over looked and things i would not have paired together. Her attention to detail was amazing!

Description of Work
we just bought a new house and needed help to complete the look. Kiki from MDG did an amazing job buying pillows, art work, throws, rugs, etc for the house. Best of all she did it in one day and in my allowed budget. My house looks complete. Not only that, she gave me direction on how to finish the room. Highly recommend them for any house project.

Work Completed On 08/31/2017

Thanks!

06/26/2017

Emilia E.

Kristin gave us very good design tips and send us detailed notes after the visit that captured everything we talked about. She was very responsive to my emails and explained everything in details.

Description of Work
Just did the initial consultation ~ 2 hours

Work Completed On 06/03/2017

06/05/2017

Pamela R.

The principal decorator was at times argumentative and seemed unable to work with the contractor. She ignored some of my requests and very reluctantly allowed me to make decisions contrary to her suggestions. For example, I had to argue for the size shower I wanted and I had to spend more than 4 hours returning items I had asked her not to purchase. Some basic decorating plans seemed to be overlooked. Most egregious was that one piece of furniture ordered did not fit easily through door. She allowed her movers to leave the furniture in the front hallway blocking the door for more than a week. I had to find other movers, pay them myself, to finally figure out how to get it into the house. The fabric selected for draperies was extremely heavy, required special order drapery hardware which took several months (unplanned) to deliver. It also was much too heavy for a seaside residence and even with the special drapery rod, opening and closing is not easy to do. I also felt the strategy for assessing costs was unusual and highly priced. I have never before had a contractor assess fees for tracking payments. Sound strange, yes, to me, too. When one piece of furniture was found to have a defect, there was no effort to assist in fixing it or in contacting the vendor to remedy the defect.

Description of Work
We contracted for a full house decoration, everything from painting, flooring, furnishing, window treatments, furniture.

Category interior designers, furniture sales, window treatments, architect, home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/30/2017

Our clients trust us every day to help them achieve their vision for their space. In design and renovation, sometimes (as seen on TV!) things don't go exactly as planned, but it's our job to help minimize those instances and quickly make them right if they occur. We strive to deliver great outcomes for all of our clients on every job. We're truly disappointed that in this instance our client was unhappy with the outcome despite our repeated and sincere efforts to make it right. I'd like to clarify the issues that the client has address since we deal with this ALL THE TIME. We always warn clients when there are issues, concerns, and time line lags- we've been doing this long enough and know how long things take. The builder (hired by the client and unknown to MDG) was several weeks behind and we were only given one day (versus the requested 1-2 weeks) for and entire home installation. The contractor also was not doing a quality of work that would be expected and since the client was 1500 miles away, it fell on us to report back the issues (which somehow we have become the one to blame). The delay in the contractors work caused delays in measurements needed to finalize orders, thus pushing back the lead time on several items. MDG made several 2 hour drive to get measurements only to get there and the work we were told was done wasn't. The furniture installation happened to be over a busy holiday weekend (instead of the requested one week installation time prior we told the client we needed) where we were not able to get back to the job until after the weekend was over. This was explained to the client prior to install. Please note: this review was written 5 days after our install (four of those days were a holiday), so instead of being patient so we could fix the issues that we know would arise, the client decided to elevate the problem instead of letting us solve it as we warned prior to the installation we would need time for. The house was in shambles when we found it- painting not completed, not cleaned, the electrical panel not installed, tile not complete. We warned the client of this when we left the property after a grueling 10 hour installation. But as professionals, every complaint was addressed, every issue was noted and resolved. Yes, it took time because we were waiting for installers to fit them into schedules, window treatment manufacturing to be completed, etc. But we did finalize the project as contracted. We wish them every happiness in their new space. While this one experience is disappointing for us, for clients considering us as your designer, we hope you'll visit our website (www.themcmullindesigngroup.com) where you'll see dozens of "five star" reviews as well pictures that better reflect our 17 year track record of delighting our clients.

03/29/2017

Joseph S.

When I finally realized I could no longer tolerate my high priced NYC designer's nonsense, I told my wife that we were going to paint all our walls flat white and then order new furniture on-line. She, instead, called Bridget McMullin, whom we had used 10 years ago to completely design and furnish our newly built beach house in southern New Jersey. As much as I loved Bridget and her prior work, I was a bit apprehensive about her working in a midtown Manhattan co-op apartment from her office in NJ. I should have known better. Because Bridget being Bridget, she not only made it work, she made our apartment spectacular! And all along the way to spectacular, she made it fun, educational, cost effective, and very relaxing. Now having done two major design projects with Bridget and her design group, my wife and I can state, without qualification, that Bridget and her designers are the consummate professionals in every sense of the word. You can count on the McMullen Design Group (MDG) to present you with several creative design options. They will also provide you with different pricing options and give you a time line for the work and merchandise ordered. And you can be sure that the MDG will meet these deadlines and budgets. MGD places the client first and strives to please. Unlike other designers with whom we have worked with in the past, MDG will never give you an excuse when you are not happy with their work. MDG produces exceptional results and very satisfied clients, not feeble excuses. Other traits that set Bridget and MDG apart from the ordinary designer are their amazing creativity and flexibility to adopt to what the client wants, not what the designer thinks is best. I have discovered that a lot of designers are "one-trick ponies", using the same designs, colors, and furniture time after time. With MDG you get designers who listen to what you want and then give you original, fresh ideas. While she is usually agreeable, Bridget will definietly stop you from doing something aesthetically wrong or foolish too. While it is impossible to know the true sincerity of the many compliments we have received on our newly designed and furnished space, I do know for sure that MDG must have done a fabulous job when our NYC friends and neighbors routinely ask us for the name of our designer! Bridget is that good and MDG, to a person, is an absolute pleasure with whom to work.

Description of Work
Design of a six room apartment built in 1929 to make it more open and light. Wanted a more modern look but also wanted to keep some of its pre-war charm. Needed new color scheme and rugs. New Living room and bedroom furniture. Window treatments.

Category interior designers, buying services, furniture sales, window treatments, architect

Work Completed On 11/11/2016

Review for The McMullin Design Group LLC - 2030 Springdale Rd, Cherry Hill, NJ - 34707465

Love you guys! Great relationships are about communication- an you two are one of the best.

11/08/2016

Kathleen Y.

I have beautiful window treatments and blinds, wallpaper, and rugs that complement my existing furniture in my new home. I am grateful for their help and patience while guiding me through the design process. Their suggestions were extremely tasteful and economical.

Description of Work
I moved into a new home (new construction) in a new state and needed help incorporating my old furniture into my new space. I struggle with decorating vision and with the help of Kristin and Bridget they made the process flow smoothly.

Category interior designers, wallpaper, furniture sales, window treatments

Work Completed On 11/08/2016

Thanks!

10/31/2016

Jane K.

Kristen is an excellent designer and a delight to work with. She not only designed the space but she incorporated my ideas and created a space I could not have created on my own. It is an ADA bathroom which is not only functional but it is beautiful. It is well worth the investment to have Kristen design the space to save you time and create a wonderful outcome!

Description of Work
Design master bath space and decorate master bedroom and bath

Work Completed On 10/24/2016

06/29/2016

Marie O.

It was a pleasure to work with Bridget and Kristin. They have excellent taste and are detail oriented. The end result was a comfortable and beautiful remodel. Additionally, they had an excellent relationship with the general contractor- this project went exceptionally smoothly. It involved new plumbing, electric and moving walls in a home that is 100 years old.

Description of Work
Provided plans for an extensive remodeling of a laundry room to a master bathroom suite and laundry area.

Work Completed On 05/27/2016

02/15/2016

Joseph P.

The designer came on time and spent about 2 hours on initial consultation. We were very apprehensive of the color choices she gave, but still trusted her and went with her suggestions. The house looks completely different today - in a very good way. They are pretty good at what they do.

Description of Work
Consult on wall painting, drapes, wall pieces and furniture layout

Category interior designers, window treatments

Work Completed On 03/01/2015

01/05/2016

James M.

Bridget and her staff played an integral part in our recent basement renovation. We have used Bridget in the past and very pleased with the results so we expected the same quality of work this go around. She assessed our needs and space and after listening to our vision for the room, provided us with a space plan that was perfect. Bridget pay very close attention to the smallest details and provided us an incredible set of plans to go off of to finish the work. She's able to see different perspectives and recommend ideas that may be considered out of the box but work incredibly well for particular spaces and usage. I would highly recommend using Bridget.

Description of Work
Provided a set of space plans for a renovation

Work Completed On 11/01/2015

08/05/2015

Joyce F.

After an initial consultation with Kristen where she learned what we were interested in accomplishing and what our taste was, McMullin Design Group provided us with multiple furniture layout options as well as various furniture, window treatment, rug, fabric, paint, and wallpaper options that we could select from for the rooms that we were interested in decorating. This was a huge help to me as we had just moved into a brand new home that was much larger than our previous home. We were basically starting with a blank slate and I was completely overwhelmed with where to begin. Before I contacted them, I spent many frustrating hours searching online and in furniture stores for ideas. I loved having everything that is out there filtered based on our taste and and presented to me as a whole rather than try to decide on everything piecemeal and wonder if it would work together in our home. Plus, they have access to so much more than I did. My husband and I love the ideas that Kristen came up with and we all worked together to come up with the final product. We are so pleased with the end result and feel that it truly reflects our taste and what we want our home to look and feel like.

Description of Work
The McMullin Design Group provided us with interior decorating services for our dining room, formal living room, family room, and sun room which included furniture layout and selection as well as window treatments, rugs, and wallpaper.

Category interior designers, wallpaper, alterations, window treatments

Work Completed On 07/31/2015

06/15/2015

Mark S.

Bridget and her team are fantastic! Don't read reviews of any other designer, and just hire her! My wife and I were first time home buyers, and had no idea what we wanted. She walked us through a kitchen renovation, and was conscious of our budget constraints. Her design for our kitchen remodel was perfect. She provided us with 3 design options and her gave her recommendation for optimal lay out. Bridget provided so many awesome details that the normal person would never think of. Our kitchen is pretty small, and she was able to maximize the space to its full potential. There is not one aspect of it that we would change 2 years later. Even just walking through our house, she pointed out so many great little design tweaks that we never would have thought of. Bridget is extremely professional and follows up on schedule (can't say that about contractors). She is also extremely fun and personable which makes it even easier to work with her!

Description of Work
Complete kitchen remodel

Category interior designers, home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/01/2013

04/13/2015

Amy P.

It looks effortlessly put together. I love it. I'm new to having a designer. So I was a little nervous about the whole purchase of the big stuff. For example my sofa - this was my first big girl sofa. Bridget assured me that this was something that we were going to own for the next 20 years. Her presentation included this incredible sofa with a chaise the size of a twin bed. I picked everything, the fabric, the wood. it was made for us and shipped in like 6 or 8 weeks. And now our odd narrow living room doesn't look so odd. It has a sofa that fits the room. And we live on this thing. I mean we eat on it, nap on it, my friends kids like to come by just to sit on it. They are weird. And the fabric looks as fresh as the day we bought it. The day the couch was installed, I saw the tiniest scratch on the leg. I called the girls at MGD and they were so helpful. The leg was fixed the very next day! When I spend money on something special, I expect a certain level of attention to it. And Bridget and her team delivered. You should sit on my couch and find out!!

Description of Work
Quick as a whip she was measuring and taking notes. It was fun! She went from room to room, taking notes, pitching ideas, recommending solutions for my narrow family room, my overly sunny bedroom and my weird closet. She had high end and low end solutions for it all. She even suggest one of the coolest ikea hacks I have ever seen. And my family room looks like it has a high end modern built-in. But the thing I get the most complement s on are my wall colors. EVERYONE comments on them - even the exterminator.

Category closet systems, interior designers, buying services, furniture sales

Work Completed On 10/30/2014

Though we live a country apart, it is great how we were able to make this project come together. Your trust in our services is one of the main reasons that the experience was flawless! It was wonderful to work with your remotely and to have everything turn out the way you imagined! Enjoy your big girl sofa!

02/02/2015

jane R.

designer came out, listened carefully to our needs and likes and dislikes. came up with a good, comprehensive direction for the room to go, as well as some very helpful specific design choices.

Description of Work
design consultation for a room we were struggling to decorate. the designer was wonderful, and gave us some great ideas. we just couldn't afford to have the company carry us through the job execution, so we're patching it together ourselves. but the price for the consultation was very fair. highly recommend the designer...i think her name was kristen.

Work Completed On 04/01/2014

Thank you for the wonderful review!