THOMSON PIANO WORKS

Founded 1988 • With Angi since June 2010

63 N SUMMIT AVE

Chatham, NJ 07928

I restore classic American grand pianos from the early 20th century to their original factory condition. I also service pianos in the home. I have a selection of restored Steinway and others pianos for sale. I'm a sole proprietor. I do all work on your instrument. Payment by check or cash upon completion of work...

02/26/2020

Constantine K.

My wife and I are professional musicians. Both of us have the highest standards when it comes to the work we do. We have deep respect for the craft, skill, and experience required to keep pianos in top shape. Thomson Piano Works is who we trust to work on our instruments. Dave Thomson replaced the hammers and regulated the action on my Steinway M and essentially gave the instrument a new lease on life. We have called on him to tune our pianos over the past several years and plan to continue having him maintain our pianos. I highly recommend Dave Thomson for his ability, sensitivity, and professionalism.

Description of Work
Tuning, replacement of hammers, action regulation, voicing

Category piano tuning

06/22/2017

Frances W.

I was impressed by the integrity and professionalism of the owner. I contacted him to ask a number of questions about the situation with my piano (evaluate if it is worth moving, minor repair, possible tuning). I ended up calling him multiple times, and he answered my questions, providing advice that helped me figure out the best next step, even though it meant not actually hiring him to do any work. I would definitely hire him if I had work for him.

Description of Work
Evaluation and possible piano repair before moving it.

Category piano tuning

Piano Tuning
    Check, PayPal

Complete piano service: Refinishing, rebuilding, action restoration repair and replacement, concert tuning, in-home service, key repair, appraisals, estimates, moving referrals, teacher referrals, humidity systems, parts and accessories,

Player piano service, Electronic piano service