We're still operating following all prevention procedures. Learn more: https://roof4roof.com/stopthespread/#covid-19-resources

We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We accept remote payment

Roof4Roof

Founded 1990 • With Angi since October 2012

520 RT-17 S Also Jersey City, Montclair, Parsippany

Carlstadt, NJ 07072

Roof 4 Roof is a for-profit, for-progress roofing and remodeling company with an extreme emphasis on giving back. Proceeds from every project are used to help families in need, at no charge to the customer. Our services include repairing, maintaining and replacing all types of roofs, siding,

09/09/2022

Paula M.

They were good, got rid of the roof and all of the stuff when they took off the roof. The price is good. When they do the roof on the house, they could do it for free for someone who could not afford it. They did what they're supposed to do. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They put on a new roof.

Mrs. [Member Name Removed], our entire staff appreciates the time you've taken to give us a review, and hope to serve you in the future whenever you are planning another exterior improvement in your property. Thank you very much!

03/04/2021

Kelly H.

The team did a great job! They installed a new roof and added a soffit along front and back of the house. Even though we installed the darkest roof color option our 2nd floor that was notorious for being much hotter during summer months we actually saw a significant improvement in the temperature. I have no doubt that the changes had a substantial impact on the overall ventilation of our house. The team was efficient and cleaned up the area as well as one can when replacing a roof. The roof 4 roof team always provided updates and prompt responses.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Category awnings, roofing, siding

[Member Name Removed], we've enjoyed reading your review and hope to serve you in the future on any kind of project you have around your property. Thank you!

10/15/2020

Roger R.

Everything was super! They did a great job, and when there was a problem that we discovered, not due to their roofing but through a door that was leaking water when rain struck the door.

Description of Work
They repaired roofing.

[Member Name Removed], we appreciate your kind words and hope to be there again when you need us. Thank you for trusting your project to Roof4Roof

10/15/2020

Roger R.

They were incredible! The work had been done a couple times before, but problem persisted. This time the work was thoroughly done as never before. But the room still leaked. Two men came out and discovered that it wasn't the roof that leaked, but the door was the problem. It needed a lip at its base to ward off the rain as it ran down the door. He put on that lip, and have not had a problem since. We've lived in this house 31 years, and this is one of the two best companies who have done work for us.

Description of Work
A flat roof over sunroom

Category awnings

Woo hoo! We're glad you've valued our work, [Member Name Removed]. Thank you for trusting your project with us! As you know, we'll always here available anytime you require a property improvement.

09/04/2020

Kyle R.

The end product was great, but the path to it was full of ups and downs. As a background, my old roof was a special barrel terra cotta tile with 3 sections of flat roofs. We were experiencing leaks and after several months of searching and decision to repair the tile (which would be VERY expensive) or fully replace the roof, we decided to go with Roof4Roof for full replacement because of their great price and great communication throughout the process. All tiles would be removed with new shingle, all existing roof membrane at the flat roofs would be removed and replaced with new, and all new gutters and leaders. The project was completed over a span of approximately a month, but the actual work took about 7 working days. The first day of demo was not the best for a number of reasons: I saw workers go into my garage and go through my things to use a free tote that was inside, what's worse is they used the tote to place the tiles into and unload into my front yard. Didn't even ask to rummage through my belongings. The next issue was prior to the start of the project, my wife and I asked if protection would be put in place so that no dust or debris would go into our neighbor's property because we had the unfortunate experience of finding nails and other debris in our backyard and driveway when our neighbor repaired their roof, the project manager assured us care would be taken and it would not be needed. Fast forward to demo day, my next door neighbor knocks on my door complaining of all the dust that is on her deck. Luckily, Roof4Roof did a great job stepping in and taking care of it. One part of demo was the removal of the chimney. Unfortunately, during the removal, debris fell into my house, and kicked up a dust cloud that you would not believe. Apparently, there is suppose to be a mechanism within the chimney to prevent this, but no one knew and this happened. As an expert, I would think that Roof4Roof would 1) at least check for this before proceeding with chimney removal and 2) request the owner to cover the fireplace opening so this does not happen in case. I had to move my TV console unit away from in front of the chimney, unplug everything so that the dust would not damage any of my electronics, it was a nightmare. Chuck, the owner of Roof4Roof was nice enough to give us a credit for this, but I think it would have been better if this had not happened at all. Everything afterwards went smoothly up until the main portion of work was completed. My wife and I walked around the house to just see the completed work and we noticed that 2 leaders and 1 section of gutter was not replaced. I was stunned as the whole conversation for this project was for everything to be replaced with new. Fortunately, Chuck and the rest of the team was understanding and replaced the existing leaders and gutters at no extra charge. However, this took several emails and phone calls. We also performed a formal walkthrough with a project manager from Roof4Roof, pointing out all the garbage and nails that were left, but afterwards still found a bunch of garbage throughout our property. We understand that not everything can be removed, but these were obvious, and frankly disappointing to find. Circling back to the chimney removal, it turned out that our water heater vented carbon monoxide through the chimney, and without an opening, the carbon monoxide would be trapped within the house. Luckily, this was found by an independent inspector. We contacted Roof4Roof immediately and they rectified this situation by essentially rebuilding the chimney. I am left wondering what would have happened if we did not have an inspector come by the house...if Roof4Roof is not certified in chimneys, how could a project manager approve the removal of our chimney without asking an expert first? Again, the end product looks fantastic and the work has solved all of our leak issues, and Roof4Roof has been professional throughout this porcess but there were many challenges.

Description of Work
Roof replacement, gutter and leader replacement

Category gutter repair, roofing, chimney repair

As Mr. [Member Name Removed] admitted, he chose our company because of our impeccable reviews and reputation. And we lived up to that reputation in this case, as well. Unfortunately, not every project can go as smoothly as we hope. As I often say, “I can’t promise that nothing will evr go wrong, but I promise that we will always make it right.” During any roofing or construction project, there are a lot of variables and moving parts (workers, materials, debris, neighbors, weather, etc.) To expect nothing to ever go wrong is unrealistic. As was stated, I personally and immediately handled every concern that Mr & Mrs [Member Name Removed] had. For example, regarding debris in the neighbor’s yard, which we cleaned on 2 different days, there was NO WAY ON EARTH to prevent it. Their 100 year old paper that was underneath their tiles had turned into soot and was flying all over the [Member Information Removed] on a very windy day. All that had to be done was some light pressure washing to the neighbors patio and after speaking with her personally, she was so overjoyed with our cleanup that she told me she would refer us to others for roofing work. Yes, there was a miscommunication about the gutters that was also handled quickly. Regarding the chimney soot, in nearly 30 years, I’ve never had debris and soot fall down the chimney into a living room as was described. It must have had a missing damper inside the chimney which would have prevented that. Again, we offered to clean it IMMEDIATELY but the client declined and opted for a credit instead. Finally, regarding the demolition of the chimney, THE CUSTOMER AUTHORIZED US TO DO IT IN WRITING. Again, we immediately responded by opening up the roof and rebuilding the chimney for FREE, even though he authorized us to demolish it. I could say a lot more in response to this review but prefer to be as professional as possible. Freedom of speech on the internet is a great thing but, my mother used to say, “There’s 3 sides to every story: yours, mine and the truth.” Chuck Anania, CEO & Founder

06/12/2020

Andrew H.

Great experience from estimate to installation. great work completed in a timely manner. would definitely recommend them for gutter replacements.

Description of Work
Gutter replacement and Gutter covers

Category gutter repair

Hi [Member Name Removed], it was a great pleasure to complete the gutters project! Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to share your experience working with us. We appreciate that your purchase is helping another family in need with free home assistance! 🏠

11/20/2019

Robert O.

With Commercial properties you have to bid out and see the price, quality, and warranty. With Chuck, it was simple to the point and best quality. Definite yes to future projects.

Description of Work
Roofing Installation

Thank you for the great review. We would be grateful if you also share your great experience here: https://g.page/Roof-4-Roof-Carlstadt/review?gm and with your friends and neighbors. We wish you and your family a very blessed Holiday Season.

10/31/2019

Delano K.

Very good communication and service with this company. Chuck, the owner contacted me early morning to update me on a delay in the roof installation schedule and the workers did arrive at noon as the owner had projected. Glen, the Project manager was on site to answer any questions or address any issues. Workers were very professional and cleaned up every night before leaving. After the installation there was an issue with some shingles overhanging the new gutter rendering the gutter useless and Chuck addressed the issue immediately. Happy to say that new roof is beautiful and gutter is working well. Excellent customer service.

Description of Work
installation of new roof that had 2 layers of shingles and steep pitch

Wow! Thank you so much for this great 5-star review. We really appreciate you being a loyal customer and helping to share the word about us. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future.

10/30/2019

David F.

Excellent overall, very efficient and professional. The owner Chuck addressed an issue immediately after the roof was installed. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Replacement of flat asphalt roof

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this excellent review. We're are always here when life happens, have a great thanksgiving day!

06/07/2019

EDWARD D.

Had a leak in the bathroom ceiling after a year with the new roof. Guys came back MANY times to fix it but it kept leaking. Turns out it was a vent that needed to be replaced. Not covered by warranty. I had to pay for it. They should have been smart enough to figure it out earlier. I wasted money painting the ceiling 3 times before they figured it out.

Description of Work
Needed a new roof

Category gutter repair, roofing, skylights

We truly understand your frustration Mr. [Member Name Removed] but your situation was very unique, and typically the vents themselves do not fail. However, in your case it did. I am glad we were able to finally resolve the issue and look forward to being service to you in the future.

12/21/2018

Charles D.

when the company representative arrived, he never even inspected the roof. Then they submitted a proposal 3X higher than any other company.

Description of Work
roof repair

Unfortunately, in our field, many competitors under priced their proposal and fail to give clients the full scope of the work needed because they want to make a quick sale. Our approach is much different and we prefer to give a comprehensive proposal and to the job right the 1st time. Obviously this client never hired us and has no REAL experience with our company. Please feel free to contact me directly, at 973-262-0467. Thanks

12/13/2018

Betty K.

My regular roofer didn't for some reason call me back to do a repair so as a result, I had to seek another roofer for missing slates. Two years later which is recent, I had to have a repair done on my garage roof as well as other areas of the house. Upon inspection of the house, I was told by my regular roofer an expert in the field who started the slate roofing guiild,that whoever did the job ( Roof 4 Roof) did not hang the slate correctly. They actually hung the slate upside down. There is a correct way to hang slate. He also stated they did not choose to use the correct color to match either. Please note that they both charged the same prices for roof repair. People need to be careful when seeking out trades. Make sure they are completely certified. They may know what they are doing on shingle but certainly not slate. They have also changed their policy this year of charging a minimum of $750 to come out to do a job. That tells you something that leaves a bad feeling.

Description of Work
Missing slates on my roof

Obviously, we are surprised by Ms. [Member Name Removed]'s response since we completed work for her quite a while ago and never had any complaints. She actually called for us to do possible additional work but was possibly turned off by our slightly higher pricing due to increased insurance and overhead costs. I can assure you that our installers know how to install slate, shingles, or any other type of roofing product since roofing is our primary business for nearly 30 yrs. I have personally reached out to Ms. [Member Name Removed] to see if there is anything we can do to keep her as a happy customer but have not received a reply. With over 15 million square feet of roofing and siding installed, we are certainly leaders in the roofing industry in Northern NJ.

03/01/2018

EDWARD D.

I had a new roof put on my house about three years ago. Three skylights were replaced as part of the project. I am writing now because I want to let folks know about the extraordinary support service that was provided when I had some leaks in my roof and skylights this year. The warranty covers the roof for 15 years. And they really do back up their warranty! Carlos, the production manager, and his team we’re here several times to repair the damage and they actually replaced one of the three skylights as part of the repair service. They spent many hours on multiple days working the issues until the problems were completely resolved. Extraordinary service and support! I highly recommend this company to anyone who is considering putting a new roof on their house.

Description of Work
New roof on my house

Category roofing, skylights

We really appreciate your review!! We're here for you anytime.

09/27/2017

EDWARD D.

Did a really good job, really good. Not a single problem. They did a perfect job and it's so far so good. It was totally professional. Excellent job. We have two skylights, which cost extra, which they also replaced. I've already recommended them. I think it was two days. One day to do the roof and then they came back to do extra work involving ceiling off the chimney, so it was a day and a half let's say. This is why I thought they were so professional - part of my roof in the back of my house is almost horizontal so I wanted them to put the regular shingles on there and they said "no you don't want that because if you use the regular shingles with the shape of your roof you'll probably get a leak in a couple of years." So they recommended a solid substance to put on it instead of the regular shingles and since it's not visible I said, "go ahead and do it." So I took their advice and it worked out perfectly.

Description of Work
They put a new roof on and replaced skylights.

Category roofing, chimney repair, skylights

Thank you very much!

09/11/2017

Maureen M.

I haven't had any issues and they were very offensive. They were valued the best out of the 3 I spoke to. They were very responsive. They answered any questions that I had. It was within a budget I was able to afford. My experience was good. The workers went straight to work, did what they had to do and they left. I would tell someone to give them a shot, talk to them and decide for yourself.

Description of Work
They repaired the roof.

08/16/2017

Bruce M.

The day after they completed it, someone from Roof4Roof came by to inspect the job as well which I thought was a great follow-up. I would highly recommend Roof4Roof.

Description of Work
I rent my NJ home out and live overseas. I needed a roof replacement and had to coordinate obtaining quotes, plan and schedule replacing my roof from 3000 miles away. This was daunting task and Mike of Roof4Roof understood my situation and was very responsive in addressing my needs with my tenant and responding to all my questions and requests. I flew in to observe the roof installation and the entire team was very professional and efficient.

08/10/2017

Phil W.

They came when they said. Offered solution to home's attic space that was too hot, by recommending Smart Vent (other roofers did not address/offer). Work done in one day, clean up done without follow up necessary (no nails found).

Description of Work
Roofing

05/08/2017

Catherine H.

Showed up on time for initial estimate, we were prepared for a recommendation to completely replace the roof and were pleased that they felt it was not necessary. The crew showed up on time on the date scheduled and completed the job in one day. They were courteous and careful of our home.

Description of Work
Roof repair including masonry work on one chimney, removing deteriorating skylight.

Category masonry, roofing, chimney repair

We appreciated your review! Thank you very much!. We're here for you anytime.

04/21/2016

Tracy H.

The company was patient, professional, and dos outstanding work! My old roof had a massive crack in it and Ryan's people came out, got rid of the old roof and built a brand new one.

Description of Work
Replaced a small roof over my bay window

Category roofing, replacement windows

We're here for you anytime!.

02/03/2016

Jure P.

Not Good The problem we have with the additional framing and carpentry which we paid for but the job was not completed. The framing wasn't painted completely and is exposed to the outside environment.

Description of Work
New Roof

After talking with the customer we've agreed to return in April to paint some exterior trim that was attached to the roof but could not complete the work any sooner due to cold temperatures outside.

01/28/2016

Christine R.

It went wonderful....no worries now

Description of Work
Had to remove 2 old roofs & replace some wood. Did an excellent job & cleaned up afterwards

We're here for you anytime!.

12/09/2015

Marla C.

very well - workers and team lead were all very competent, worked very safely and explained all of the work to be done. I was really surprised that they matched the paint color on the woodwork that they repaired -(!) - - the roof is very steep and so needs to be done carefully. I asked about an area where is seemed there was a clogged downspout and since they were doing the gutterwork - they replied that anything would be reviewed and taken care of . debris carefully removed and carried away.

Description of Work
Repaired / replaced missing slates from the roof - sealed the valleys and peak, repaired / replace damaged gutter and soffitt , installed gutter screens and reviewed integrity of the overall roof.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

09/28/2015

Arlene S.

The roof looks really great. The gentleman came out and sold the product. He had a lot of interesting details and we didn't need to contact anybody else. It took a long time getting back to us. We signed the contract and in a month and a half, we heard that they were ready to do it. We told the person that we wanted somebody who speaks English. Nobody speaks English. They didn't do a good job in cleaning. They didn't do the gutter correctly. The workers were very diligent. They worked very hard. Roof looked great. I guess the price was fair.

Description of Work
We used Roof4Roof. They did the house and they did the detached garage.

08/19/2015

Cristobalina V.

It went well. I had a small problem on the day that they were supposed to come to do the work, they said they knocked on the door and asked to use the electrical and I said no, so they left. That did not really happen. The owner apologized for the confusion and sent another team out the very next day and they did a great job.

Description of Work
Replaced Skylight

Category skylights

06/05/2015

Douglas B.

They were great. Arrived very early morning they were expected and got right to work. They completed the job in one day. Cleaned up the house and outside area.

Description of Work
Replaced gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing

Micciche & Son

Owner operated family owned masonry & paving company, for over 30 years ,focused on servicing Passaic, Bergen, Essex and Hudson counties. Honored to have 2014 & 2016 Super Service Award

Home Genius Exteriors

Walsh Chimney

Walsh Chimney is a full service chimney company that services all of New Jersey. We have Immediate Mobile Response Units standing by throughout New Jersey to serve you as quickly as possible. Our goal is to provide you the quality service and satisfaction you deserve by providing quality workmanship, honest and expert analysis on your chimney and most of all a fair and competitive price on any of your chimney needs including sweeping, cleaning, repair and more. At Walsh Chimney we believe it is important to educate our customers on our products and services during their decision making process and will help them every step of the way. That's why we've provided our customers with this website which has a wealth of information about us and the chimney services we proudly provide. We hope you find all the information you need and if you don't, please contact us and we'll be happy to answer any questions you may have. We have the knowledge and experience to make sure your job is done right the first time by our qualified chimney personnel. We are Certified Environmental Cleaning Technicians, Members of the PWNA, Members of The National Chimney Sweep Guild, NCSG, Members Of New Jersey Chimney Sweep Guild, Fort Lee Chamber Of Commerce, Accredited A+ Members Of The Better Business Bureau, Members Of The National Fire Protection Association, NFPA, Angie's List & The HPBA Additional DBA Walsh Chimney. Additional contact:(C) 201-394-3400, toll free 1-800-944-6070 and Fax 201-592-7348

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
    Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
    24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
    Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

Specialists in residential and commercial roof replacements and repairs, slate and tile roofing restoration, chimney rebuilding and repairs, skylight installations, vinyl siding repair and replacement, skylight/windows replacement and gutter installation.

Gutter cleaning, chimney cleaning