Dave Adams Roofing and Solar Inc

Founded 1987 • With Angi since June 2012

600 South Route 47

Cape May, NJ 08204

Dave Adams Roofing has upheld a tradition of excellence, customer satisfaction, and quality workmanship while serving the needs of the South Jersey area since 1987. We are located in Cape May County and our service area includes Cape May County, Atlantic County,Camden County, Cumberland County , and Burlington County....

07/10/2020

Dan C.

Woke up this morning to water pouring into our cape May beach house. Heavy rains from tropical storm Fay. I called Dave Adams who did an amazing job on a complicated roof system a couple years ago. Dave and John were at my house within an hour of me calling. They went up on the roof and cleaned tree debris that was blocking my scupper drain. I’m now sitting high and dry. Thanks Dave, John and Norma. You are the best.

Description of Work
Emergency clogged roof drain

07/31/2017

James W.

finished the job in one day, was done when scheduled, great job.

Description of Work
17 square of roofing

07/17/2017

Joseph M A.

Fair price Work performed on promised time Had a leak after they were out in a day It was porosity in the chimney blocks and not the roof They fixed it for me at no charge

Description of Work
New roof

07/10/2017

DEBRA H.

All in all, Dave Adams Roofing & Solar is a veritable gold mine for a second homeowner who does much of her house maintenance by remote control from 200 miles away. Functioning this way requires a lot of trust, especially when you give someone access to your home when you're not there. Dave Adams and his team are worthy of that trust in all respects. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Description of Work
Dave Adams Roofing & Solar has a long history in the Cape May area. It is not just one man, it is a team of professionals with office staff who are always available and knowledgeable. Everyone is friendly, responsive and accessible. They go out of their way - and above and beyond their respective responsibilities - to help the client. Dave provides a fair estimate and sticks to it. He doesn't say you need a new roof when a repair will fix the issue. And the roofing team shows up on the scheduled date at the appointed time. I was referred to Dave Adams by several unrelated people. (My issue was a flat roof repair - the pitched roof was fine. The original contractor surveyed the roof issue in January, hadn't fixed the problem as of mid-April, didn't appreciate my follow-up, and then blew me off entirely.) Within two weeks, Dave Adams surveyed the roof, provided his estimate, and his team did the repair. John also did an additional repair to my windows which were leaking. Although I thought the leaking and roof issues were connected, they were not. However, John's window fix stopped the leaking when a different contractor said new windows were required. In addition, Mai in the office is a repository of helpful information and always willing to share it. After the roof and windows were fixed, my rear gutter sprung a leak. Dave's gutter repair referral (Luciano) came within the week and fixed the gutter. He then connected me with a scrap metal person who picked up an old AC unit.

Category roofing, replacement windows

07/02/2017

George S.

Description of Work
Visited my roof when they said that they would come. Found the water problem to be related to extreme storm conditions and not generally repeatable.

03/23/2017

John S.

Very well. PATCH work done.

Description of Work
Roof repair.

02/08/2017

Marie C.

Dave Adams came out and gave me an estimate to replace my roof, he was one of three. All three had different prices ranging from $500 - $1000 difference. I went with Dave Adams Roofing because of his reputation and when I called to go over the different prices with him he came and sat down with me and explained every step they would be taking and explained the differences between all three. When all was completed, it looked like no one was ever there. The only evidence was my brand new roof!! I couldn't believe the professionalism I was treated with from not only Dave Adams himself, but his entire office staff and workers. I highly recommend Dave Adams Roofing if your looking for a "true professional".

Description of Work
Had a new roof installed

10/13/2016

George S.

On time and the work seems to be done correctly.

Description of Work
Re-seal three roof vent pipes.

08/30/2016

George S.

Dave Adams responded quickly to my request for an inspection and estimate. They completed this work within a short time.

Description of Work
Replace the roof vent pipe seals.

07/17/2016

Amanda M.

Called and asked for my roof to be inspected as per a request from my insurance company. Dave inspected my roof within a week, personally called me to explain his findings and wrote me a letter to give to my insurance company - all at no charge! So refreshing to get such amazing service. Thank you!

Description of Work
Inspection of roof

07/16/2016

Amanda M.

Description of Work
Inspection of roof

12/17/2015

Paul G.

Description of Work
Nice guy. Good work. Fair price.

10/04/2014

Catherine Y.

Excellent work, very pleased with results.

Description of Work
Reshingled and repaired the roof of my house and large shed

09/19/2014

Debbie H.

Joe called us to say he was running late to provide an estimate for us, and would 45 minutes past the original time - would that be convenient. It was and he arrived, did the inspection and gave us an estimate which was $6K lower than a competitor who wanted to do unnecessary work. His foreman and workers arrived on time to start the 2 day job, put down protective gear over windows, and my herb garden, cleaned up after the first day, and came back on Saturday (the next day) to finish the job as the following Monday was Labor Day and rain was forecast for Tuesday. They raked the grass with a magnet, picking up all of the stray nails as well as all other debris. Many of my neighbors have used him over the years and are still pleased with their roves.

Description of Work
put new roof on

05/07/2014

David P.

Dave was very prompt with his proposal. Was in contact with me and communicated well with the work schedule. Everything was completed has he quoted. Clean-up was great. I have a new roof at a reasonable cost and I am very happy with the workmanship. I would use again.

Description of Work
Removal of existing asphalt shingles and install new shingles

04/07/2014

James O.

I needed to withhold final payment until they returned for unfinished items, but finished the job within 1 month.

Description of Work
new asphalt shingles and vinyl siding

04/06/2014

roy H.

called to do the job earlier than scheduled. showed up with a large crew and did job in one day.

Description of Work
removal of old roof, install, ice, shingle, new flashing,cleanup,new siding on end of house.

04/06/2014

Janice S.

Complete removed two roofs -- original cedar (circa 1850) and subsequent asphalt shingle (circa 1940); supplemented support for new cedar shingles of slightly different dimension than original, and finished roof within a week. Excellent job.

Description of Work
New cedar roof on historic home.

03/17/2014

Cecilia T.

It took some time to get quotes and to get the work scheduled but that had to do with all the demand created by Sandy and a subsequent Nor'ester. Once the work was scheduled, it was completed promptly. Historical houses require special care and Dave Adams has the expertise to provide that service. Some people may balk at his pricing but you get what you pay for...in this case, peace of mind. I would highly recommend Dave Adams Roofing.

Description of Work
Dave Adams replaced the roof on the Carriage House and re-coated the roofs on the house which is 140+ years old.

02/15/2014

Diane N.

Dave Adams met with us, answered all of our questions, explained our options, worked with our schedule, and completed the work in a timely and workmanlike manner. He returned calls promptly. His office staff was professional and responsive. We are very pleased with the quality of the materials and with our new roof. The tear-off was completed in one day and the new roof installation was started. At the end of the first day, all trash was removed and the grounds were cleaned up. The very next day, the installation was completed and again, all debris was removed. Everything was so clean that no one could have guessed we had a new roof installed that day. We will recommend Dave Adams to our family and friends because we liked his work and we feel that we have a beautiful new roof that will last a very long time.

Description of Work
Dave Adams removed our old shingles and replaced them with a beautiful new roof.

12/06/2013

Trish C.

Estimate for roof...although I have seen their work, their price was not competitive enough with other quotes we received.

Description of Work
I didn't use DAVE ADAMS ROOFING AND SOLAR INC

Category roofing, siding, replacement windows, solar panels

I response to the pricing, the homeowners have to be sure they are comparing apples to apples. We have been in business for 25 years and do more than most other roofing companies do. We appreciate the opportunity to quote your roof, if in the future you need our services, please feel free to contact us.

09/27/2013

Paul G.

That is what he did. How did he do it?The team arrived at 7:50 am. The front and rear of the house was draped with tarpolins, as well as front and rear decks and both sides of the house. By 9:15 am, the roof was down to the bare wood and the prep work and clean up began.The crew of six worked until approxamiately 6 pm doing all as stated. I would refer you to the other reviews and say that they both fully apply. Dave is a great person to deal with. Listens to what you have to say. Responds positively(even when he knows you may be somewhat unreasonable) I had full confidence in him from start to finish and he did not disappointment me.

Description of Work
Remove old roof shingles. Renailed roofing plywood.(Additional 8d ring nails, as required by Miami-Dade Florida hurricane code) Applied ice and water sheild to front and rear drip edge going into gutter, and to four valleys formed by the dormers. removed dormer siding, installed ice and water sheild to both sides of both dormers ,installed field fabricated,heavy duty step flashing and re installed siding. This is a barn shaped roof. Where the two roofs meet, ice and water sheild was installed over the wide, field fabricated heavy duty aluminum drip edge at the top roof. Then the Tamko,30 year, 120 mile an hour shingles were applied. The edges of the roof were stuck down with adhesive. Installed a power roof exhaust with both thermostadt and humistadt sensors.(Electrical hook up done by me.) Installed 12 inch wide Tamko ridge shingles (not cut down regular shingles) on the ridge.

04/22/2013

Ron T.

We asked for quotations from three different contractors. Dave Adams was much more responsive to our request for quote, coming to look at the roof within a day of the other two, but immediately providing a quotation via email, then following up on the quote even before the other two had given us a quote. Dave was much more responsive through the process, was priced competitively (in the middle of the other two), and did installed what seems to be a great roof.

Description of Work
New roof on one of our homes in Cape May NJ, including stripping off 2 layers of existing shingles and installing new flashing and new roof

02/14/2013

Phyllis W.

He went over and beyond what he had to do. He was dealing with an insurance company that was impossible. He must have spoken with them over 20 times. I would recommend him to any body.

Description of Work
He repaired my roof for me.

12/17/2008

Patricia H.

They showed up as scheduled, did the work in the amount of time they quoted, and left my property clean and tidy. The crew was polite, professional, and quiet. Dave Adams showed up on the 2nd day to see if I was satisfied (I was!).

Description of Work
The old roofing shingles were removed, and new ones were added, along with new flashing, new attic fan, and new drip edges.

Emmons Roofing & Siding LLC (Emmons Construction)

Emmons Roofing & Siding is a fully licensed and insured residential and commercial Roofing, Siding & Windows company. We serve South Jersey, Jersey Shore, areas. Our mission is to provide you with outstanding customer service and top-notch work. Call us today and let us meet your renovation needs!

Jersey's Best Roofing Contractor

Jersey's Best is an honest Christian family owned and operated company that is fully licensed and insured in the state of New Jersey. We provide roofing services for residential and commercial clients, builders doing new construction work including, apartment buildings, hotels, motels, churches, condo complexes, stores, warehouses, banks and schools. We also offer emergency leak repair services after severe weather. We are the leading roofing contractor in South Jersey and we are here to serve all home and business owners with professional quality workmanship at a affordable price. All estimates are free and can be done In person, by phone, text or email.

Shoreline Roofing

We are equipped with trained professionals that have over 30 years of experience in the roofing industry. We provide great roofing services as well as great customer service. At our core, we’re a family of south jersey roofers raised on value, integrity, honesty, and quality. When you work with Shoreline Roofing, you’ll understand all your options and know the entire process. Whether you need a simple repair or a full roof replacement, you can find what’s best for your family and your budget. We keep the homeowner involved in the process every step of the way so that you know exactly what to expect and when to expect it. By putting the customer first, we are able to deliver outstanding services with high-quality workmanship.

Check, Visa, MasterCard

Roofing- Slate, Cedar Shake, Flat Roofing Systems. Asphalt Shingle Removal and Layovers. Vinyl, Cedar, and HardiPlank Siding. Vinyl replacement windows.