Proficient Plumbing & Heating

06/30/2023

482 Jackson Ave

Brick, NJ 08723

www.proficientplumbingheating.com

Serving Ocean County and Monmouth county. Proficient Plumbing and Heating has established itself as the premiere company in the service industry. Founded by CEO, Paul Wylam, this family run business has made customer service its first priority by exceeding expectations with fast and reliable service, free estimates and 24 hour emergency 7 days a week. We employ only experienced technicians and train our apprentices and are so confident that you will be pleased with our services, that we 100% guarantee our work. We understand with the difficult times that face today’s economy it’s important to feel confident that you are getting the best results for your money, we therefore offer the most competitive prices up front, so our clients know the prices before the job starts, not after!...

plumbers (275)water heaters (54)drain cleaning (33)home remodeling (24)HVAC Companies (14)gas leak repair (5)grill repair (4)well & water pump repair (3)fireplace services (2)sewer cleaning (1)air duct cleaning (8)excavating (3)

02/19/2022

Grace S.

I can't say enough good things about Proficient Plumbing. This was a big job. They couldn't reach the pipe to replace it from the basement due to a bathroom bump out and had to excavate outside to be able to remove an old, rusted & broken cast iron pipe and replace it with PVC. Paul, Kyle, Tim, and Jose were amazing to work with. Apparently this problem was years in the making, and I'm so relieved that it's finally been resolved. I've hired them before and would definitely hire them again. They're true professionals, honest, and communicate in a way that's easy to understand. And Kristen kept me informed every step of the way and was such a pleasure to deal with.

Description of Work
Broken Cast Iron Pipe in Basement to Sewer Line

Category excavators,plumbing

Work Completed On 11/18/2021

10/07/2021

Michael D.

Went very well as usual, prompt,courteous & reliable. Could not reproduce the issue on day of but had plumber check pipes in crawlspace just for peace of mind. No issue found, most likely air in the pipes which cleared itself.

Description of Work
Rattling water pipes

Work Completed On 10/07/2021

10/06/2021

Janice A.

Great! Arrived on time, worked quickly and didn't leave a mess. Their price was amazing! I was quoted 3x the amount Proficient charged me!!!

Description of Work
Plumbing

Work Completed On 10/06/2021

12/21/2020

Gene L.

They came over to give me an estimate for copper pipe repairs. They were prompt and courteous. They were very honest and advised that the repaired work had been done correctly and did not need to be repaired again. And that the corrosion on other lines did not need to be fixed immediately. I would trust them for any other work I needed done.

Description of Work
Estimate for repairs of copper water lines.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing,water heater repair

Work Completed On 11/21/2020

Review for Proficient Plumbing & Heating - 482 Jackson Ave, Brick, NJ - 39096467

12/20/2020

Dave B.

Fantastic!!! My first call (on a Saturday) was returned in ~30 minutes. Since it wasn’t an emergency I was asked if the office could call me back on Monday to set an appointment - which was fine. Kristen called first thing Monday morning and worked with me to set a convenient time. I explained that the repairs were needed at my mother’s home (in a resort community) and that my mother’s aide would be present but I could not meet with the technician and would need to coordinate payment remotely. None of this was a problem and, in fact, they even offered to purchase the replacement faucet she needed for me since I couldn’t be there to arrange for it prior to the appointment. The estimate was given before the work began and the bill was for the same amount despite the technician having to make a couple of extra supply runs during the repair. I paid promptly by phone and received a receipt within the same day. Overall, a big sigh of relief to know I found a reputable company that was responsive, fair and understanding of my situation. I wish them continued success and prosperity!

Description of Work
Replace toilet flange, remount toilet and replace kitchen faucet.

Category excavators,plumbing

Work Completed On 12/10/2020

10/30/2020

Sheri-Ann R.

Fantastic!! So professional and efficient!! Courteous and dependable!! Will definitely hire again and highly recommend!!

Description of Work
Tankless Hot Wer Heater

Category plumbing,water heater repair

Work Completed On 10/30/2020

10/28/2020

Peggy A.

Proficient Plumbing did excellent work in my kitchen and one of my bathrooms. Their prices are reasonable. Their plumbers are personable, prompt and, as the company name says, proficient.

Description of Work
Plumbing

Work Completed On 03/03/2021

10/27/2020

Tara A.

Excellent. Paul always shows up when he says he will and gets the job done efficiently and at a reasonable cost. I’m a realtor and always refer him to my clients. Tried & true!

Description of Work
Plumbing for running our dehumidifier & clogged drains

Work Completed On 10/28/2020

10/25/2020

Scott D.

Alway Professional explained the whole process and the timeline. Best service ever.

Description of Work

Category plumbing,water heater repair,drain cleaning

Work Completed On 11/01/2020

10/23/2020

nick M.

They are tops! Have used several times in both residential & commercial settings. Prompt, courteous, dependable service at fair prices. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Plumbing, Sink & Shower Repair

Work Completed On 10/31/2020

09/21/2020

Ken P.

Excellent company best I ever had worked wiTh

Description of Work
Kitchen faucmet

Work Completed On 09/21/2020

09/16/2020

Linda D.

corrected problem by snaking pipe and changing pipe. clean neat, very satisfied and reasonable price

Description of Work
fix clogged kitchen sink

Category air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 09/16/2020

09/16/2020

Robin F.

Proficient Plumbing is my go to contractor for all of my plumbing needs at home. Paul and his crews have always done a fantastic job. I have hired Proficient Plumbing for many different kinds of work from drain cleaning and sewer line cleaning to installations and repairs of faucets, hoses, etc. Every time, the work is done as promised, on time and with no concerns. Prices are fair, communication is great and overall service is excellent. I don’t hesitate to use Proficient Plumbing when I need them, and neither should you.

Description of Work
hose bib

Category plumbing,home remodeling,sewer cleaning,drain cleaning

Work Completed On 09/17/2020

09/15/2020

Joseph R.

Came out and looked at it and didn't even have the courtesy to tell me he didn't want to do the job. Very unprofessional. Not a good business man. As an electrical contractor myself I would say this plumber doesn't care about doing the right thing and doesn't have any consideration for anyone and doesn't care about doing the right thing. I thought Angie's list only worked with reputable contractors. Please take me off your list.

Description of Work
Plumbing for bathroom renovation

Category air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 09/15/2020

[Member Name Removed] I appreciate your feedback. We did send out your copy of the estimate on 9/8/2020. I have the original copy if you would like it. I apologize for it not getting to you in a timely manner. I will have my secretary follow up with you first thing tomorrow morning.

08/14/2020

Laura M.

I was very pleased with this company and will use them and recommend them to all

Description of Work
Sink pipes checked and unplugged the pipes in the bathtub

Work Completed On 08/13/2020

07/14/2020

Mariann P.

I was contacted to set up an appointment quickly. The technician called to say they were running late and showed up at the newly arranged time. They were polite, did minimal damage to sheet rock to find the leak and performed an easy fix . They cleaned up after the work was done and recommended a company to repair the sheet rock. All total we were very pleased with the experience.

Description of Work
They needed to identify and fix a leak in our bathroom

Work Completed On 07/14/2020

06/20/2020

Mattheq M.

The overall process was quick and easy. They were able to come to my house within a day or two of being contacted, then found the leak, ordered the parts and installed them all within about a week. I would definitely hire them again for any of my plumbing needs.

Description of Work
I needed a leak fixed in my bathtub on the second floor

Work Completed On 06/20/2020

06/03/2020

Kenneth T.

Fast efficient knowledgeable and new his business. Would hire and recommend him to all.

Description of Work
New outside faucet and shut off in basement

Work Completed On 05/21/2020

05/31/2020

Ann Marie D.

Paul is very reliable and responsive.

Description of Work
General plumbing

Category plumbing,air duct cleaning,drain cleaning

Work Completed On 11/15/2019

05/30/2020

Judy D.

Great! They came up same day and took care of it quickly.

Description of Work
connect gass grill

Category gas grill repair

Work Completed On 05/30/2020

03/14/2020

Joal N.

Very good. Paul called me back right away and was very personable on the phone. He fit me in to his schedule. José arrived on time. He did the work quickly and professionally at a fair price and made some recommendations as well. Will definitely use again.

Description of Work
Clogged drain cleared

Work Completed On 02/29/2020

02/18/2020

Kathryn R.

All went very well. They came as scheduled, completed the work as expected, and left the area neat. Paul addressed my concerns and answered my questions. They needed to replace the 3" pipe with a 4" pipe and considered access to the surrounding shelves when placing the new pipe.

Description of Work
water heater replaced, sink stopper rod replaced

Category plumbing,water heater repair