Abra-Cadabra Junk Be Gone LLC

Founded 1990 • With Angi since April 2011

Family owned & operated. Abra-Cadabra Junk Be Gone has been a family owned and operated business for many years. We pride ourselves in providing all our customers with professional, reliable & dependible same day service at unbeatable rates . We are licensed by the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection and we are fully insured. We supply the truck and do all the lifting, loading, and transporting for you. There is no need for dumpsters, laborers, or truck rentals. We remove all trash, garbage and debris without you even lifting a finger. Demolition includes interior and exterior work such as taking down sheds, decks, fences, swing sets, trailer homes, pools, concrete, trees, Sheetrock, and more... For your protection, we are fully insured....

hauling (69)trash removal (18)dumpster rental (9)handyman (2)

03/02/2021

Samantha A.

Abra-Cadabra was excellent. I would hire them again. They charge you the quote and do not add extra fees. They are polite and professional. The owner is on every job. I was able to book next day service. They arrived early and were done in about 20 minutes. I could not have removed the heavy, bulky treadmill myself. They are worth ever penny.

Description of Work
Treadmill removal

Work Completed On 03/02/2021

07/31/2020

Peter C.

I know rates have gone up, but I wasn't expecting more than $500. This was an easy peasy job, I cleared the house and attic contents and boxed it in the garage, they back in and load. When their initial quote was over $900 with tax I was like, what? The way Abra Kadabra works is they show up on a pre-arranged day and give you an estimate that day and you take it or leave it. Now I was from out of town trying to get my mother's house empty for a closing so I had to take what they were offering. They applied a 10% Angie's list discount, but it was still $770 before tax. That would be almost 6 pickup truck loads at $135/load. I don't think I had that much, but what's done is done. Unfortunately my mother had to pay the price.

Description of Work
Had one-third of a single-car garage full of mostly boxed items and 1 trundle bed, a coffee table and an arm chair with ottomon to be junked. Quoted $45 a yard or $135 a pickup truck load. I did this very same thing in 2017 for my mother-in-law's estate in Bethlehem, PA and paid $350 for what I thought was a greater volume of junk in their basement.

Work Completed On 07/27/2020

We so are sorry you were not happy with the price for our service. We have not increased our prices over the 10 years we've been in business, even after recent prices to dump the debris have been increased twice since COVID-19 hit. The dump costs in the state of PA could be very different than those here in NJ. Also, we are a fully licensed company that dumps everything legally and we pay by weight to dump the debris. We are a small family owned business that strives to accommodate every customer in every possible way because they are our means of survival. We pride ourselves on our repeat customers who use us again and again. There is always a choice to refuse our estimate, but I see you were happy with our service as you gave us straight A's for quality, responsiveness, punctuality, and professionalism, and you did tell my wife on the phone that we did a great job for you days after we performed the clean-out. Our hope is that you will reconsider and use us again in the future.

06/22/2020

Joan M.

They showed up on time, gave me the final price and then took all of my old fence and some other items from my yard! I was extremely satisfied

Description of Work
Removal of old fence

Work Completed On 06/20/2020

06/08/2020

Chris T.

The guys were on time and the price was fair for the work performed and the debris hauled away. I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Removed deck and walkway, hauled away debris from house renovation (carpet, padding, wood, venetian blinds, old paint, etc.) and house cleanout (damaged clothes, broken toys).

Work Completed On 06/08/2020

06/07/2019

Megan T.

Smoothly- price was extreme and we had no way of verifying if their estimate was correct or not because they quoted a price and you either say yes or no. If no they leave. If yes, you pay whatever they quote. If you’re in a desperate situation as we were, there’s no choice but to say yes. If they over quote, there’s no way to know.

Description of Work
House emptied

Work Completed On 06/07/2019

04/01/2019

Orin B.

They were punctual, fast and professional. Would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
We had a bunch of junk in the garage that needed to thrown out.

Work Completed On 04/01/2019

06/06/2018

arthur C.

Got rid of my junk at a great price

Description of Work
Had some junk to get rid of

Work Completed On 06/06/2018

10/26/2017

Jessica C.

Great company. They did an amazing job trashing out a large amount of furniture, garbage and debris at a very fair price. They removed everything down to the old carpet and staples, and left the house spotless. I will definitely use them again and highly recommend.

Description of Work
Whole house trash out

Work Completed On 10/26/2017

06/21/2017

James Q.

Great company! Arrived on time and completed walkway concrete demo quickly and at a fair price. I highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
Concrete demolition.

Work Completed On 06/21/2017

04/28/2017

Mike S.

The guys did a great job cleaning out all the debris from bathroom demo. Called in the morning and got same-day service. Took about 1 1/2 hours. Very friendly service both on the phone and in person. Price is a little steep but well worth it. If I need this type of work again I will surely call them. Thank you!!!

Description of Work
Bathroom was demo'd. We needed all the debris removed from the house.

Category hauling services, dumpster service

Work Completed On 04/28/2017

01/20/2017

JOHN M.

My experience was very good. Price was very reasonable.

Description of Work
I used Abra-Cadabra Junk Be Gone.

Work Completed On 05/01/2016

06/17/2016

Katerina K.

They arrived on time, the owner and a helper. Very friendly and helpful, nice to work with those guys. They had a huge dump truck and filled it with all the old stuff that had been stored in the basement and garage by generations before us who once lived in the house we inherited. We also, had a pool deck that needed to be taken apart and thrown away. The best part about this was I pointed to the piles and they did all the heavy lifting. Also, there were a lot of old solvents, paints and chemicals in the garage that they took to properly dispose of for us. They worked quickly and efficiently, probably took them 2 hours. It was A LOT of stuff, I was amazed and happy to see it go!

Description of Work
Demo'd a pool deck and took it away, cleaned out garage & basement.

Category garbage collection, dumpster service

Work Completed On 05/13/2016

06/09/2016

Gloria and Darlene D.

very nice on the phone, got here early, reasonably priced and efficient

Description of Work
hauling some heavy stuff

Work Completed On 10/09/2015

04/22/2016

Lisa F.

It went very well. First, it is a family owned business and the owner was on site and doing the heavy lifting with his team. I tagged items to dispose of and they took everything I tagged along with suggesting and noting other items. My basement is old, grungy and unfinished. It was great to have people who just dug in and did the job. The team was very nice, respectful and worked hard. Absolutely true to the estimate. My description of the job was a bit more than I actually needed. I got an estimate and when the job took less time and less space, the rate was less. I was very impressed with the honesty and integrity of this company. I have already been recommending them to many of my friends.

Description of Work
Removed old paint, supplies and a table from my basement. Cleaned out cabinets containing old work materials. Disposed of all materials.

Work Completed On 03/02/2016

03/06/2016

lori D.

Great. Easy- they were accommodating and attentive.

Description of Work
Provided a dumpster

Category hauling services, dumpster service

Work Completed On 01/06/2016

02/13/2016

Diane E.

Fantastic. Spoke with Linda a few days prior to when I needed the sofa bed removed. Scheduling for a Saturday removal was not a problem. Linda called to confirm the appointment/time the day before. Rich and a helper arrived a few minutes early, confirmed the price and the removal route and got to work. Very professional and courteous. I HIGHLY recommend them!

Description of Work
Removed a bulky sofa bed from my basement.

Work Completed On 02/13/2016

09/03/2015

Walter T.

I called to make the appointment on a Tuesday and requested Thursday. This was not a problem. I was given a thorough explanation of how the charges would be calculated after giving a description of what needed to be hauled. I received a call on Wednesday to confirm the appointment and the crew (Rich, the owner, and an associate) showed up on time on Thursday. I was given a price for the job (15 yds @ $45.00/yd) and the debris was removed. The garage was swept clean and they were on their way in less than an hour. Very efficient and professional.

Description of Work
Removed approximately 15 yd of construction debris from a bathroom tare-out that was stacked in my garage.

Cost $722.25

Work Completed On 09/03/2015

07/06/2015

Kelly M.

Easy to schedule with, polite, professional, on-time, no hassles...will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
They hauled away junk as well as removed and hauled away parts of a fence.

Work Completed On 07/03/2015

09/22/2014

Denise C.

WENT WELL, CAME & PICKED UP THE SHINGLES

Description of Work
HAULED AWAY SOME ROOFING SHINGLES

Work Completed On 09/22/2014

09/14/2014

Saralee H.

They arrived early and got right to work. In 2 hours the job was completed and the cellar was swept clean. I would definitely hire them again. Both men were very professional.

Description of Work
Cleaned out a cellar with many years of accumulated junk

Work Completed On 09/12/2014

08/24/2014

Joan S.

The owner, Rich, and his helper arrived early for the 8:00 am appointment, surveyed the work, & gave us their price. We accepted and they proceeded. It was very heavy work all day long but they were friendly and hard working. They did a couple extra items for us without gouging us on price. They swept up when they were done, thanked us for the business, and were gone with a house full of our old, smelly junk. What a difference!

Description of Work
Removed carpeting, kitchen cabinets, beds, dressers, cabinets & assorted other junk from the home, its attic, its garage and its porch -- 3 truck loads full.

Work Completed On 08/08/2014

06/12/2014

Jeanette B.

Arrived early and ready to go to work. 12 hours of removal and a great job.

Description of Work
Full house clean out. Left the totally empty and clean.

Work Completed On 03/08/2014

06/01/2014

Heather G.

These guys were great! Family owned and operated with the owner on the job! Responsive, on time, thorough, completely professional!!! Would definitely recommend!!!

Description of Work
Removed Debris from Yard