Bednar Landscape Services

Boonton, NJ 07005

Additional Address - PO Box 135

08/01/2016

Remsi R. M.

I don't call them. It's scheduled and they come and visit periodically. They schedule in advance at the beginning of the year and hey come without any invitation. They did major work for me landscaping my front lawn. I had a couple of trees that had been uprooted by Sandy and the lawn was a mess and together they filled the holes and cleaned it up so I was pretty satisfied. The cost was kind of steep but storms like Sandy don't happen everyday but they did the work very professionally.

Description of Work
They take care of my lawn and cleanup during the spring and fall seasons. They take care of my trees and they mulch the flower beds.

08/01/2016

Remsi R. M.

They come four times a month to cut the grass. I don't call them, it is scheduled. I was satisfied. The major work they did for me, landscaping my front lawn, I had a couple of trees uprooted by Hurricane Sandy and the lawn was a mess. They put it back together and filled the holes made by the trees. They cleaned it up. It was fine. They did the work very professionally.

Description of Work
I use a company called Bednar Landscape Services to take care of my lawn and clean up during the spring and fall seasons. They fertilize my lawn, trees and shrubs and mulch the flower beds.

07/03/2015

Matthew H.

They did the job. Unfortunately they arrived much later than expected. We had used this firm for both general landscaping (cutting grass, etc) and bigger jobs. For cutting grass they were always on time as expected. For other things like cutting bushes once or twice a year they always came more than a week after they were expected.

Description of Work
Cut down bushes that were getting too tall.

05/21/2015

JONATHAN B.

They were great to work with always showed up when they said they would and did exactly what they said they would. They had great ideas and the workmanship was top notch. They even came back the next year to reseed the backyard free of charge.

Description of Work
Bednar installed a new paver patio and leveled/seeded backyard.

10/12/2014

Bill Z.

We are very happy with the services provided by Bednar.

Description of Work
Bednar Landscaping has been our contractor for several years. The have done plantings, landscaping and provide weekly lawn maintenance. We are very satisfied with their services and professionalism

10/07/2014

Kenneth B.

Description of Work
rebuild rock wall and install drainage and crushed stone.

06/30/2014

Michael G.

06/20/2014

Eric W.

Description of Work
I had Bednar remove a tree in my backyard. Keith was responsive and punctual. He sent three guys to tackle the job and they performed the job quickly and professionally.

01/01/2014

Brad K.

Unable to enter review for BEDNAR LANDSCAPE SERVICES no comments or description given.

Description of Work
I used BEDNAR LANDSCAPE SERVICES

07/17/2012

Eric L.

We had Bednar redo our entire front yard landscaping - adding trees, bushes and flowers, while also using some of the existing plants my husband and I planted on our own. We paid about $2200 for the job, which also included them sprucing up a holly in our yard. In the 6 weeks since they did the job, they have had to come out four times already. Four of the plants they planted died. They planted the tiniest shrubs against the foundation of the house which looked so unattractive, that they had to come back and replace them. Why they thought 2 foot plants would work well for a home in front of basement window and white foundation, I don't know. We hired them to make it look pretty, not crappy. They came to replace the dead plants which were under warranty and didn't even spruce up the mulch, leaves or other gardening debris. You'd think they'd want a customer to come home to a nice, tidy landscape,especially after all these issues, but I guess not. They also killed one of our original plants when they came to put in the new shrubs by ripping it right out of the ground. I was standing there when they did it. The owner then tried to low ball me on the refund for it until I showed him my receipt which he was good for. They're good with replacing the plants, but that was a guarantee in our contract, so it's not like they did us any favors. And it was such a hassle following up with them and sending them pictures of dead plants, etc. After doing such a poor job the first four times, we're moving on.

Description of Work
Full front yard landscapingTrimming a holly bush

05/05/2012

Mark L.

I am frankly ecstatic about Keith and Pete and the work they did, and to be fair I am not the easiest guy to please. They showed up on time, they did what they were supposed to do, they didn't cheat or skimp on anything, and they cleaned up when they were done. The quality of materials was excellent. The 6-7' trees I ordered was what I actually got. In the past with other contractors that is not always the case. The topsoil was of very high quality, as was the mulch. Simply no complaints. The workers were friendly, there were no communications problems, and they didn't leave cigarette butts and water bottles all over my property as with some other contractors. Keith is a guy who obviously knows his business. Of the three bids I got, he was the only one who proposed to put the rocks in front of the trees on my very steep incline. These rocks are more like small boulders and they have the effect of leveling out the planting area. I have no idea how the other guys were going to plant their trees on that hill without them falling over, or leaving the front of the root ball bare. When I mentioned this to one of the other contractors who had bid the job, he said "oh yeah, that might be a good idea" and all of a sudden his bid was nearly the same as Keith's. What you get with these guys is not just labor, it's the ability to solve problems that the other guys don't think about. I think they call this "experience". Having just finished a large retaining wall installation that was done by a "contractor from h***", it makes we wish I had used Keith and Pete for that job too. So, what's the downside? As with all things, you get what you pay for. Bednar is not the lowest bid, though the difference is not huge, maybe 10%. But quality - and honesty - costs money. in the past I chose a couple of contractors based on price and I soon found out that a low price equal shoddy work, sub-standard material, "cheating" (like leaving out the stuff that you can't see), and poorly performing contractors. In the end I often ended up paying more than the original bid price anyway. The thing with Bednar is that they don't play you. They are honest, they do what they say they are going to do, when they say they will do it. You get a real quote and that's the price you pay. If they say it's going to cost $800, that's what it costs. No "negotiations" or "adjustments" at the end of the job like the joker who built my retaining wall. I would use these guys again in a second. You should, too. And no, he's not my brother-in-law or anything :-)

Description of Work
We recently replaced a large retaining wall and we were left with a bare hill that was about 150 feet wide and 25 feet deep. Keith proposed to put thirteen (13) Blue Spruce trees on the hill, size 6-7 ft. each. The hill is steep so Keith also proposed to put a half ring of large rocks in front of each tree to hold the soil and level out the planting area. He came by early on the expected day and went over in detail where the trees would go, marking each location with orange marking paint so there would be no confusion. His crew removed the landscape (weed mat) fabric, dug the holes, and planted the trees. They used a mix of natural soil and topsoil that was of very good quality and which contained lots of organics. Once the trees were planted, they replaced the landscape fabric and applied approximately 15 cu yards of brown double ground hardwood mulch on the hill. The next part of the job was to repair the lawn. The back yard was left in extremely poor condition by the contractor that built the wall (but who had been paid to fix the lawn when they were done). That contractor was Global Contracting of Andover NJ, but that's another long, sad story. So I contracted Keith to rake out the rocks, level the moon-like surface, and put down a couple inches of topsoil, starter fertilizer, grass seed, and salt hay. In total that work took a crew of 3-4 two days. Once that was done I had them come back to put Belgian Block at the end of the driveway where it meets the back yard, since the RR ties that used to be there were removed by the retaining wall contractor and never replaced. About 32 feet of block was installed. That work took a crew of 2-3 one day.

12/28/2011

Amy M.

Our yard was quite neglected after not having been professionally landscaped for over a year. My husband had cut the grass, but was not cleaning out the beds or weeding/trimming. We had another company provide a quote three times the quote provided by Bednar. They communicated via email (a huge plus for us) and showed up when they said they would. They did an AMAZING job on our challenging yard.

Description of Work
Extensive fall cleanup. Cut lawn, cut back trees and shrubs, cleanup beds, weed. We have a very challenging yard.

Category lawn service

10/02/2011

ROBIN S.

I am very happy with their landscape work.

Description of Work
Landscaped front beds and removed and replace several trees.

09/20/2011

Analia C.

I talked to them over the phone and they came and took a look at the property and said they would send me an estimate. They never sent the estimate. I told them that we would just go ahead and schedule the work. They were supposed to show up the following Wednesday. Nobody ever showed up and nobody ever called. I called twice and they told me they were behind. On the second call, I told them that if someone didn't return my call I wanted to cancel the service because it was not a very proper way to do business. I was very disappointed with their service. It was terrible and they didn't follow up on what they were supposed to do. Initially they were responsive but they didn't follow up on what they were supposed to do. He was punctual when he came to do the survey. Initially they seemed to be professional.

Description of Work
I contacted Bednar Landscape Services for an estimate and to do work.

06/07/2011

Matthew H.

They did great. They were good and did a fantastic job. They did some lawn work at my mother-in-laws house as well. I have been using them for over a year. They bill us quarterly. Their price is good otherwise I wouldn't be using them. There is nobody who can pull the grass and weeds out of the backyard like they do. It's not that I like the grass but the backyard has them. They are very nice to my daughter as well. I would recommend them all the time they are great.

Description of Work
I used Bednar Landscaping Services yesterday to cut lawns and pulling weeds out of rocks.

04/18/2011

RYAN S.

We didn't end up using them because we have decided to try to do the landscaping ourselves.But, they were very responsive and professional.

Description of Work
Arrived on time, answered my questions and provided an estimate within a timely fashion.

12/13/2010

Tanya L.

I liked the fact that they gave me a fairly accurate and detailed estimate. They showed up for work daily.

Description of Work
They needed to repair and replace some concrete steps, repair some stone walls, and also repair a retaining wall.

Category concrete repair

10/17/2010

Tony J.

Keith (from Bednar) did thorough quote and helped with design and landscaping ideas so that the finished job is exactly what we wanted. Work done in about 2 weeks which again was what was estimated. Very happy with the work and outcome. In the middle of the work period we had major rain storm which highlighted a drainage issue in the backyard which we had been living with ever since moving here. Solution is now in place which has been recently shown to work very well.

Description of Work
Replacing front path with improved design. Front yard - old shrubbery and small tree removed; laid to lawn. Back yard relayed patio, steps and removed old shrubbery. Work involved putting more robust foundation for patio. Hardscaping is bluestone.

10/19/2009

ERIC L.

We have been using them for about two and a half months now. I am okay with their services in general but they don't clean the leaves below the tree that we have. They do a good job.

Description of Work
We used Bednar Landscapping Services for cutting the grass.

Category lawn service

08/15/2008

JAMES P.

They are very good; excellent.

Description of Work
They did a walkway, a patio, and also lawn maintenance for us.

08/15/2008

JAMES P.

They are very good; excellent.

Description of Work
They did a walkway, a patio, and also lawn maintenance for us.

Category hardscaping

Sea Pine Restoration LLC

Owner operated contracting business specializing in pavers, baths, kitchens, basements, rental/turnover, painting and vinyl plank flooring. Remodeling single family, multi family and commercial projects since 1995. Serving Morris, Passaic and Bergen counties. We work with your design ideas and provide cost/benefit consulting with regard to materials, time and resale value of your project. We are licensed and fully insured.

One Stop Property Management LLC

One Stop Property Management, LLC is committed to excellence in every aspect of our business. We uphold a standard of integrity bound by fairness, honesty, and personal responsibility. Our distinction is the quality of service we bring to our customers. Accurate knowledge of our trade combined with ability is what makes us true professionals. Above all, we are watchful of our customers' interests and make their concerns the basis of our business. We also have over 8 years of experience in this field. We are a One Stop company that provide the services you need instead of reaching out to multiple contractors! Services: Lawn Maintenance, Lawn care, Landscape Design, Landscape Construction, Tree Removal, Tree Trimming, Stump Grinding, Snow Removal, Pressure Washing, Leveling/Grading & More!

A Debenedetto Construction LLC

A. DeBenedetto Construction, LLC handles all types of masonry work in the Essex County, NJ area. Locally owned and operated, we have over 40 years of dedicated experience in the industry. A. DeBenedetto Construction, LLC will solve all your waterproofing and drainage problems!

Award 2022
    Offers by A Debenedetto Construction LLC on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, Financing Available

drainage, front yard landscaping, landscape design, landscape lighting, outdoor kitchens & fireplaces, patios & hardscaping, property maintenance, retaining walls