Happy Trees By MGM Tree Service LLC

Founded 2000 • With Angi since October 2008

57 Morley Lane

Bloomfield, NJ 07003

Additional contact name - Gaudy Monge. Additional e-mail - marvin@happytreesbymgm.com. happytrees1@verizon.net...

08/20/2020

Kim G.

We had storm damage from Hurricane Isaias & they came out to give an estimate & had availability that same day. Very professional Very reasonable They cleaned up after themselves & didn’t see anything behind. Thank you, Kim

Description of Work
Tree Removal

Category landscaping,tree service

07/21/2020

Michael O.

It was written in the contract that the tree stump debris would be removed, and they DID NOT remove any debris. Even though the price and the box requesting debris removal was completed, they somehow are arguing that it was never part of the contract? (A picture of the specific section of the bill is also included in this post). Take note that they check off both boxes for some unknown reason, but also included the charge. Why check off both boxes? I have no idea. They never spoke to me and the day they showed up they never once discussed anything with me and left before I could review the job with them. Also, they cut a sprinkler line and crushed sprinkler head in the process. Pictures of the debris is also included. Each pile is about 1.5 - 2 feet deep. If this is rectified, I will update my post, but for now, I would not recommend them, and if you do, pull up a chair and watch them work and question everything they do.

Description of Work
Cutting down of three trees and stumps and debris removed.

Category landscaping,tree service

11/27/2019

Linda P.

Didn't use this professional as I did not agree with aspect of pricing

Description of Work
3 trees trimmed

03/07/2019

Susan C.

These guys were great! Marvin came to give us an estimate within half an hour after we called. He was able to do the job the next day, and his crew were punctual and efficient. After they left, our property was completely cleaned of any residue.

Description of Work
Tree removed that had fallen on house.

06/05/2018

John G.

Good work, good team, no complaints.

Description of Work
High branches trimmed away from house and dead limbs cut. Limb cut from a medium-sized tree.

04/27/2018

Sabrina D.

On April 17, 2018 I had made an appointment for Saturday, April 21, 2018 for the estimate. That morning I received a phone call that they were unable to come out and had to reschedule. So I told the young lady that next Saturday, April 28th would be fine. I called today to confirm the appointment since no one called me and of course no one knew anything. I received a call back and it was scheduled for April 28 at 3:30 PM, I agreed and I just received another call from a woman at 973-338-0506 telling me that they have not been scheduling any appointments and I don't have no appointment maybe I spoke to another company and I told her no I did have an appointment and it was with Happy Trees. She was very rude and unprofessional and I believe it was the owners wife.

Description of Work
tree removal

03/04/2018

Matt B.

After the recent nor'easter, a tree in my backyard was leaning over a bit too much. I called Happy Trees that day after the storm to ask if they could take a look at it to tell me if there was a problem and if so, estimate what it would cost to remove it. About four hours after I called, Marvin stopped by to inspect the tree and pointed out a damaged root to me, and gave me a prompt estimate. Since his crew was nearby, he even arranged for them to come remove the tree before the end of the same day. Once the crew arrived, they were total pros. They quickly arranged to have it taken down, and were done with all the work in about a total of 45 minutes. They left my backyard cleaner than how they found it - cleaned up all the knocked down branches, and used a leaf blower and swept up any and all debris left from the wood-chipping machine they used in the street. I was amazed at how professional and thorough they were - not a speck of tree or debris was left when they were done. All in all they were finished in about 45 minutes and it now looks like a tree was never there, let alone was cut down and into pieces. Amazing work, will definitely be calling Happy Trees again in the future when I need other trees removed!

Description of Work
Tree removal

08/24/2017

Daphne W.

I asked them to give me an estimate, and the price and the advice he gave me were so good on trimming vs. cutting the branch off that I hired him on the spot. He had some men working in the area and they finished the job before I got back from the grocery store.

Description of Work
Trimming or cutting off the branch of a tree that had grown over our roof.

05/12/2017

Joanne E.

We were given a very detailed and itemized estimate in writing and were able to schedule service within a week. The equipment and crew arrived on time as scheduled. I was impressed with the crew of 6 and how well they worked together. They were careful not to damage anything and cleaned up thoroughly afterwards. I am very happy with the work that was done and will use them again in the future. I highly recommend Happy Trees.

Description of Work
Trees throughout property need to be trimmed away from house and one tree removed with stump grinder.

04/25/2017

Ryan W.

I submitted a quote request online and received a reply within the hour (that was clearly not automated). Marvin reached out to me the following day and came over to provide an estimate and I feel the pricing we received for the work was very very fair. The Happy Trees team was amazing. They were early, worked quickly, and cleaned up the best they possibly could. They arrived just before 9 AM and the last truck was packed up and left around 10:15 AM.

Description of Work
We had a 30 ft pine tree removed and stump ground along with weak, low hanging branches in our backyard trimmed and removed.

04/10/2017

Jerry S.

In and out in 7 hours including stump and clean up

Description of Work
50' pine tree removed

02/17/2017

April D.

We accepted their estimate, but they kept saying they would come out, for months, but they never showed up so we went with someone else. Sometimes they couldn't come because of the weather, sometimes it was because they didn't have anybody else in the area. They came out quickly for the estimate, their price was good, but to get them to come out for the work was impossible. My partner was getting upset with the woman he spoke with because every time he talked to her, she would say yeah they're coming and then no one would show up.

Description of Work
We had them come out and gave us an estimate.

10/24/2016

Eric D.

Came to the house and we spoke about the plan and options. Few days later the guys came to the house and am happy I went with them. Would recommend to anyone.

Description of Work
Needed two large trees pruned and two more completely removed with stumps grinded

10/17/2016

Rita B.

We are happy with the work but it was hard to get in touch with Marvin when we cooled him his response was not up to par he eventually got back in touch with us also his prices I feel or rather high for the work and he was late for the job but like I said we were pleased with the work done

Description of Work
Had a small Crabapple removed had a medium Crabapple removed had a lilac tree trimmed and a sycamore tree pruned

Category landscaping

Thank you for your review of Happy Trees by MGM Tree Service. We are sorry that you did not have the same experience our other customers have had. We do our best to schedule our jobs in a timely manner but as with any service industry it is not possible to give an exact time, but rather a window of arrival. Due to the nature of the work there can be delays if additional preparation or maintenance is required at a previous job. Though you were disappointed with our performance we still feel that we did a great job on your trees and left your property looking better for the time we spent.

06/14/2016

George P.

Service provider and crew were experienced, thorough, professional. Would use them again and would recommend them a thousand times over. The best!!!

Description of Work
Removed a tree.

09/23/2015

Debra S.

This was either my third or fourth time using Happy Trees and I could not be happier. As a habit, I always get multiple estimates for any service I need but keep returning to them because of the quality of the work and value. Today, Happy Trees removed a giant tree and stump from my backyard, extensively pruned another tree on my front lawn, went to the Garden Center to pickup a tree on my behalf and planted it on my front lawn. The team arrived promptly to do the job and were courteous while delivering the service. Additionally, they meticulously cleaned up after they were finished and asked me to review to make sure I was happy with the job they had performed before they left the property. I could not be happier with the service and would not hesitate to use them again or recommend Marvin and his team to anyone else who needs work done.

Description of Work
Removed a tree and stump, pruned another tree and planted a new tree.

08/02/2015

Robert C.

Marvin was friendly & professional. He provided a reasonable written estimate on the spot. His team came within days & did an excellent job per our agreement in the estimate. Thanks.

Description of Work
Trimmed various sizes of tree branches & some brush in my backyard.

05/27/2015

Salvatore G.

Happy trees came to give me an estimate. They came in double what other very reputable companies quoted me. Got total of 4 estimates and he doubled every single one if them. FYI. Estimates I recieved were big companies. I decided to get a quote from happy trees since they were a smaller tree service

Description of Work
Came and gave me estimate.

Category tree service

Understand your thoughts here but must point out that my crews are highly trained and use the most advanced rigging, equipment and process for your property safety as well as our crews safety .We provide workers comp And general Liability Insurance for your peace of mind as well . We may not be the cheapest tree Service company but we guaranteed our workmanship and overall quality of service on EVERY SINGLE one of the thousands of projects we have performed we pride ourselves on our efficiency. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction and a seamless process. It is unfortunate that the price wasn't good for you. Best of luck to you on your project.

05/05/2015

Debra S.

This was my second time using their service. Workers were professional and respectful. They did an excellent job.

Description of Work
Trimmed several limbs.

09/17/2014

Sharon N.

Very satisfied. Have used Happy Tree's services twice. Christine who scheduled our appointment is so professional, pleasant and friendly and was a pleasure to deal with. NO ATTITUDE! We received an estimate back in April but had to postpone service. I called on Monday 9/16 to say we were ready to do the work and they honored the same price and did the work the next day. The guys are thorough and efficient, did not damage anything and cleaned up like they were never there. I regret not using them when we had a large tree removed in our backyard. Highly Recommend.

Description of Work
Trim large limbs from trees overhanging house/yard

07/08/2014

Abbie Y.

excellent. great clean up after job, too!

Description of Work
remove dead tree from property

06/04/2014

Michael P.

I had an overall good experience with Marvin and MGM Tree Service. They are reasonably priced, do a nice job and you will be pleased with their work.

Description of Work
Removed and pruned some trees

05/26/2014

Mary D.

very well - work completed quickly and as requested

Description of Work
Removed damaged and low hanging branches from several trees

05/15/2014

Mariann F.

I only wish that more businesses were as professional and efficient as Happy Trees. To date, this has been the most pleasant, competent, efficient, and honest business that my husband and I have contracted with in the many years of home improvements. Marvin and his wife are truly wonderful caring, hard working individuals with wonderful work ethics. I would recommend Happy Trees to anyone who wants to get the job done correctly. I plan to only use Happy Trees for any future work I need done.

Description of Work
Cut down numerous trees on the property and cleaned up area afterward.

05/08/2014

Cindy K.

I called on a Tuesday and spoke to the woman who answered the phone requesting to have someone come out for an estimate. No call. I called back on Wednesday and the same woman told me that she left a note but he (Marvin) probably didn't call back because I wouldn't be home until after 6PM. I told her that it still would've been good to call me regardless just to schedule an appointment. Still waiting. I am done. I am giving a D for Professionalism only because the woman I spoke to was pleasant, otherwise I would give them an F for no callback.

Description of Work
Nothing

Category tree service

El toro landscaping & tree services

We are a small owner operated Landscaping and tree services company.Services provided are Spring and Fall clean up.Lawn maintenance.plant shrubs or flowers.Tree trimming or pruning leveling. We also offer tree removal.

MaxPro & Lalvay Landscaping

Maxpro & Lavlay Landscaping can help you with lawn maintenance, hardscape designs, retaining walls, masonry, snow removal, and more. We are proud to supplement and maximize the outdoor spaces of our customers. Having a team that is full of experience in the field, allows us to turn your landscaping needs into a reality. From small to large, we serve all! -Weekly Lawn Services -Pruning -Cleanups-Aerating -Mulch Installation-Much more… Note: We have 5 star rating on Home Advisor https://www.homeadvisor.com/rated.MaxProServices.109908736.html

Charles & Son Construction & Landscaping Inc

Charles & Sons Construction & Landscaping is one of the premier full service landscaping companies in the Essex/Union/Morris/Passaic county areas. Our services include landscape design,hardscape installation, patios, walkway, driveway masonry contractor, Low voltage lighting, and tree removal. Our experienced landscapers guarantee clean, prompt service. Charles & Sons Construction & Landscaping currently employees 15 professionals, so no job is too big or too small. We have a large assortment of professional equipment, We run background checks on all of our landscaping professionals.

# NJTC 768421
    New Jersey
    NJ Board of Tree Experts
    09/14/2019
    Check, Financing Available, PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Tree removal, pruning, thinning, shaping, cabling, high-risk trees, storm damage, dead wood pruning, stump grinding, dead wood tree pruning & landscaping.

Lawn fertilizing, spraying & tree treatment.